Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Gary Johnson 2012 * 1
    #16446996 -

fuck Ron Paul. Fuck him. Should we vote for Gary Johnson because he is in the libertarian party? No, we should vote for him because he has an awesome track record, quoted from wikipedia:

Governor of New Mexico
First term
See also: New Mexico gubernatorial election, 1994

Johnson entered politics for the first time in 1994, with the intention of running for governor and was advised by "Republican Elders"[16] to run for the State Legislature instead.[16] Despite their advice, Johnson spent $500,000 of his own money and entered the race with the intent of bringing a "common sense business approach" to the office.[23] Johnson's campaign slogan was "People before Politics".[24] His platform emphasized tax cuts, job creation, state government spending growth restraint, and law and order.[3] He won the Republican nomination, defeating state legislator Richard P. Cheney by 34% to 33%, with John Dendahl and former governor David F. Cargo in third and fourth. Johnson subsequently won the general election, defeating the incumbent Democratic Governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. Johnson was elected in a nationally Republican year, although party registration in the state of New Mexico at the time was 2-to-1 Democratic. As governor, Johnson followed a strict small government approach. According to former New Mexico Republican National Committee member Mickey D. Barnett, "Any time someone approached him about legislation for some purpose, his first response always was to ask if government should be involved in that to begin with."[25] He vetoed 200 of 424 bills in his first six months in office – a national record of 48% of all legislation – and used the line-item veto on most remaining bills.[2] In office, Johnson fulfilled his campaign promise to reduce the 10% annual growth of the state budget.[citation needed] In his first budget, Johnson proposed a wide range of tax cuts, including a repeal of the prescription drug tax, a $47 million income tax cut, and a 6 cents per gallon gasoline tax cut. However, of these, only the gasoline tax cut was passed.[26] During the November 1995 federal government shutdown, he joined 20 other Republican governors who called on the Republican leadership in Congress to stand firm in negotiations against the Clinton administration in budget negotiations; in the article reporting on the letter and concomitant news conference he was quoted as calling for eliminating the budget deficit through proportional cuts across the budget.[27] Although Johnson worked to reduce overall state spending, in his first term, he raised education spending by nearly a third.[11] When drop-out rates and test scores showed little improvement, Johnson changed his tactics and began advocating for school vouchers – a key issue in budget battles of his second term as governor.[11]
Second term
See also: New Mexico gubernatorial election, 1998

In 1998, Johnson ran for re-election as governor against Democratic Albuquerque Mayor Martin Chavez. In his campaign, he promised to continue the policies of his first term: improving schools; cutting state spending, taxes, and bureaucracy; and frequent use of his veto power.[28] Fielding a strong Hispanic candidate in a 40% Hispanic state, the Democrats were expected to oust Johnson,[11] but Johnson won by a 55%-to-45% margin:[29] making him the first Governor of New Mexico to serve two successive four-year terms after term limits were expanded to two terms in 1991.[23] Johnson made the promotion of a school voucher system a "hallmark issue" of his second term.[30] In 1999, he proposed the first statewide voucher system in America, which would have enrolled 100,000 students in its first year.[11] That year, he vetoed two budgets that failed to include a voucher program and a government shutdown was threatened,[11] but ultimately yielded to Democratic majorities in both houses of the New Mexico Legislature, who opposed the plan. Johnson signed the budget, but line-item vetoed a further $21m, or 0.5%, from the legislative plan.[31] In 1999, Johnson became one of the highest-ranking elected officials in the United States to advocate the legalization of marijuana.[32] Saying the War on Drugs was "an expensive bust," he advocated the decriminalization of marijuana use and concentration on harm reduction measures for all other illegal drugs. "He compared attempts to enforce the nation's drug laws with the failed attempt at alcohol prohibition. Half of what government spends on police, courts and prisons is to deal with drug offenders."[20] He suggests that drug abuse be treated as a health issue, not as a criminal issue. His approach to the issue garnered supportive notice from conservative icon William F. Buckley,[33] as well as the Cato Institute and Rolling Stone.[16] In 2000, Johnson proposed a more ambitious voucher program than he had proposed the year before, under which each parent would receive $3,500 per child for education at any private or parochial school.[30] The Democrats sought $90m extra school funding without school vouchers, and questioned Johnson's request for more funding for state-run prisons, having opposed his opening of two private prisons.[34] Negotiations between the governor and the legislature were contentious, again nearly leading to shut down the government. In 2000, New Mexico was devastated by the Cerro Grande Fire. Johnson's handling of the disaster earned him accolades from the The Denver Post, which observed that he:

    was all over the Cerro Grande Fire last week. He helped reporters understand where the fire was headed when low-level Forest Service officials couldn't, ran herd over the bureaucratic process of getting state and federal agencies and the National Guard involved, and even helped put out some of the fire with his feet. On a tour of Los Alamos last Wednesday, when he saw small flames spreading across a lawn, he had his driver stop his car. He jumped out and stomped on the flames, as did his wife and some of his staffers.[12]

Johnson's leadership during the fire was praised by Democratic Congressman Tom Udall, who said: "I think the real test of leadership is when you have circumstances like this. He's called on his reserves of energy and has just been a really excellent leader under very difficult circumstances here."[12] He rebuffed efforts by the Libertarian Party to draft him in the 2000 presidential election, then stating himself to be a Republican with no interest in running for president.[35]
Legacy
Logo of the Our America Initiative, which Johnson founded in 2009.

In an interview in Reason magazine in January 2001, Johnson's accomplishments in office were described as follows: "no tax increases in six years, a major road building program, shifting Medicaid to managed care, constructing two new private prisons, canning 1,200 state employees, and vetoing a record number of bills."[23] Andrew Sullivan quoted a claim that Johnson "is highly regarded in the state for his outstanding leadership during two terms as governor. He slashed the size of state government during his term and left the state with a large budget surplus."[36] According to one New Mexico paper, "Johnson left the state fiscally solid," and was "arguably the most popular governor of the decade . . . leaving the state with a $1 billion budget surplus."[37] The Washington Times has reported that when Johnson left office, "the size of state government had been substantially reduced and New Mexico was enjoying a large budget surplus."[25] According to a profile of Johnson in the National Review, "During his tenure, he vetoed more bills than the other 49 governors combined — 750 in total, one third of which had been introduced by Republican legislators. Johnson also used his line-item-veto power thousands of times. He credits his heavy veto pen for eliminating New Mexico's budget deficit and cutting the growth rate of New Mexico's government in half."[38] Johnson has "said his numerous vetoes, only two of which were overridden, stemmed from his philosophy of looking at all things for their cost-benefit ratio and his axe fell on Republicans as well as Democrats."[20] Johnson was term limited and could not run for a third consecutive term as governor in 2002.[39] In the 2008 presidential election campaign, Johnson endorsed Ron Paul for the Republican nomination.[40] Johnson serves on the Advisory Council of Students for Sensible Drug Policy,[41] a student nonprofit organization that believes that the war on drugs needs to be reevaluated. As of April 2011, he serves on the board of directors of Students For Liberty, a nonprofit libertarian organization.[42]

and that's just his reputation as governor. Read more if you'd like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_johnson

Why vote for him? Well I hate to be competitive, because I think competitive politics is just about the most corrupt fucking thing that can exist. But in truth, not to get in the mood of trying to compare a bunch of liars, and saying which one is better then the other one, etc. etc., I'd say just about all the most popular nominees suck compared to him.

I'd like to note, although without evidence(not trying to create a straw man), that Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Bacock Obama, none of these morons have a track record as impressive as Mitt Romney. Now at this point, ANYONE compared to Obama, is going to be on a major losers track, but Gary seems solid, like S O L I D. We won't know how he'll handle responsibility as a president, just yet, until he is nominated, elected, and running for a few years. But if he wins(and realistically it's not looking very likely), none the less if he wins and sucks as much as Bush or Obama, then I'll call myself a damn liar.

Any opinions? Agreements, disagreements? Let's be respectful and stay on topic please, thanks


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16494620 -

hey wait, all this spit talking I've been doing about Gary Johnson not being nominated, it seems he will almost surely be on the ballot in all 50 states!

http://www.dailypaul.com/242672/considerations-on-a-ron-paul-3rd-party-or-write-in-campaign-and-the-future-of-the-liberty-movement

I still don't think he'll win, but dammit I'll vote for him, for whatever it counts!


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #16494865 -

I'll vote for him too, he is a great guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16494899 -

imachavel said:
hey wait, all this spit talking I've been doing about Gary Johnson not being nominated, it seems he will almost surely be on the ballot in all 50 states!

http://www.dailypaul.com/242672/considerations-on-a-ron-paul-3rd-party-or-write-in-campaign-and-the-future-of-the-liberty-movement

I still don't think he'll win, but dammit I'll vote for him, for whatever it counts!




Yeah Im with you. I still like Paul but I think this guy would be a good man for the job as well.
Pipe dreams however.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16496153 -

Quote:
hey wait, all this spit talking I've been doing about Gary Johnson not being nominated, it seems he will almost surely be on the ballot in all 50 states!



How can you write an essay on the dude and not know that he'll be on the ballot?


Fuck Gary Johnson.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: 4-AcO-MET]
    #16496347 -

4-AcO-MET said:
Quote:
hey wait, all this spit talking I've been doing about Gary Johnson not being nominated, it seems he will almost surely be on the ballot in all 50 states!



How can you write an essay on the dude and not know that he'll be on the ballot?


Fuck Gary Johnson.



Just curious, what don't you like about him that provoked such a harsh response? I think Johnson would be a great candidate if he had a shot at winning. Either way, I'll still probably vote for him.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #16497123 -

I'll vote for him no matter what if he's on the ballot. According to that article in the last reply I made, he will 96% likely be on the ballot. I'm not a Ron Paul supporter. I'm not really pro liberal. I personally am not really pro left or right either. I just happen to like who will get the job done, and this guy seems like the guy.

Otherwise I'd vote for Romney. But I just heard recently Romney is a supporter or sending jobs over seas. We definitely don't need any more of that shit. I'm anti Obama, anti Dubya Bush, anti ass hole, anti bail out, anti tax hike in recession era. I'm mainly hoping G J steps in and I'll vote for him whether he wins or not. Fuck it at least I can say I won't have to add to this mess. I'll vote him in and at least my vote will go towards the right direction. Funny enough my new voter card just came in this week.

I hope to god if Romney does win, that he at least doesn't do the shit job that our current political leaders have been doing. And I know people think Clinton set up Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to win big, and start this snow ball shit. None the less, I think if Clinton did 3rd term and we never had Obama, he may have at least done better then Obama did. I can't prove either way. If anyone can come in and fix the deficit and make it so we are making money instead of spending too much of it, we will be a lot better off no matter what.

Now on the other hand, having lower expectations in a recession era is no excuse for a fuck up president. The country not having a deficit, does not make someone a good president. We have had tons of shitty presidents that didn't create a spending deficit, that didn't necessarily do much of shit. But in this night mare time, anyone not throwing us all to the god damn wolves, is going to be a big help. I just pray to the almighty lord the next winner doesn't fuck us up the ass with a long tube like we've been getting it almost a decade now.

I'm voting G J, and still pray for the country. Let's hope to god this works out.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16507035 -

Gary Johnson did something right.  you don't win 2 terms in New Mexico as governor on cutting government....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16507038 -

and i forgot to mention, he balanced the state budget and still made everyone happy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16507313 -

not the first person in history to do that. Yet still very impressive


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16507658 -

Don't forget to give him your support:

http://www.facebook.com/govgaryjohnson

fuck that fake 100 million dollar marketed two party system. We aren't voting for rock star popularity contest here. Do the right thing and make it count, don't forget to be loud about it also, this country needs justice!


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16516905 -

did you know that Gary Johnson wants to get rid of the IRS?



man this is too good to be true. But maybe he is fanatical. Either way I know he won't win the election. Think I should still vote for him if he is on the Ballot?


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16516954 -

Did you know 90% of america has no idea who the fuck Gary is??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16516990 -

well when America says "why didn't we ever have the opportunity to vote for someone who wants to get ride of the I.R.S.?"

You can clearly say they are uneducated. Dumbest bunch of sheep I've ever come across.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16517194 -

Quote:
man this is too good to be true. But maybe he is fanatical. Either way I know he won't win the election. Think I should still vote for him if he is on the Ballot?



Depends how you feel. I'm not gonna vote for someone who I don't think will make a good president. If the only person I think will make a good president won't win, I'll still vote for him. You might think no one cares, and most people don't, but I think its a good idea to show support for a third party, especially when the other choices are so miserable.

Still, you may feel differently, and vote for someone who actually has a chance at winning. Perhaps you feel that your vote will count more that way. You just have to decide what you want to do.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #16517273 -

I don't agree with the idea of voting for someone who has more of a chance of winning to vote someone else out. I'd rather vote for this guy. But Gary Johnson is starting to seem fanatical. I am opposed to fanatics, I say the difference between a left wing and right wing fanatic is like sending a hurricane in one direction, and in some instances making it turn counter clock wise, and in other instances making it turn clock wise. Fanaticism doesn't help no matter what direction it's pointed in.

Does anyone really think it's possible to get rid of the I.R.S.? Oh well, G J might give it a shot. I'll vote for him, but hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a fanatic if he does win. Which he most likely won't anyway


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: imachavel]
    #16517325 -

Don't worry, he certainly won't win. Yea he is fanatical, so what? There is never gonna be a candidate that you support 100%, it's not possible. So go for the best one you can and choose one that you think will be the best at running the country, simple as that.


--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #16517427 -

Gary Johnson or Ron Paul are no more fanatical than any president in recent memory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gary Johnson 2012 [Re: DeadHearts]
    #16517672 -

well I didn't say I'm not voting for Gary Johnson. I certainly am. Just saying "I'll get rid of the I.R.S."

fucking amazing. Oh well, one vote for G J coming right up


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Passenger List from 9/11...notice anything weird?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
RonoS 11,730 101 08/26/02 04:39 AM
by Rono
* Was Bush aware of the attacks prior to 9/11?
( 1 2 3 all )
RonoS 4,879 42 06/04/02 10:41 AM
by Rono
* I predict that on 09/11/02 that:
( 1 2 3 all )
Jammer 4,665 57 09/10/02 06:12 PM
by Jammer
* 40 Reasons For Gun Control
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 6,083 31 10/08/13 02:05 AM
by Therian
* Delmart Edward Joseph "Mike" Vreeland and 9-11 PGF 1,549 18 06/04/02 07:58 AM
by PGF
* Bush and the billy goat: a tender 9/11 story Swami 1,287 12 09/27/02 12:31 AM
by Swami
* The Majestic 12 Anonymous 1,065 14 10/05/02 12:03 AM
by johnnyfive
* Special counsel Indicts 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities in '16 election interference
( 1 2 3 4 ... 44 45 )
krypto2000 16,870 885 11/16/18 12:34 PM
by koods

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,965 topic views. 5 members, 1 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.