Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Not so much a question, but a statement... * 1
    #1608473 - 06/04/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ive been seeing alot of people, especially younger people..who seem to always try and justify their use of psychedelics, think; "My friends trip just to get fucked up, but im trying to better my self development." or "I believe its important to use psychedelics in a spirtually enlightening context". Why must you justify this? To impress the oldtimers here?
I agree, i think psychedelics are a gateway to knowledge and contentment and should be used respectfully, however... To say flat out "i dont use psychedelics for fun" is to take away from the experience i think....Fun is part of the psychedelic experience, and part of MOST of our motivations in taking them. Until your thumbprinting or eating quarters or halves alone there is fun involved with the experience and it shouldnt be overlooked, it is part of the experience and shouldnt be put aside strictly because of elitist tripper attitudes.
When you make such a blatant statement think...would you have gotten involved with psychedelics had they had no aspect of fun? Probably not, Im betting thats what drew you in, and to some extent continues to do so still. I just dont think psychedelics should be used exclusively in a strict and confined sense to "find enlightenment and better oneself". The end.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: PDU] * 1
    #1608644 - 06/04/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You took the words right out of my brain. Nice post.

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #1608867 - 06/04/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, if their point is "I remove all fun context from this - it's all about the Big Serious Nature of Reality" -- I don't like the pretense.  But at the same time, I'm pushing to remove the term "fucked up" as a descriptive adjective for psychedelics.  It's like this - the spiritual aspect for me is a reflection of the higher state --- for which the end result is meant to be happiness, after all.  So I make sure to mix in a little Flaming Lips and Legendary Pink Dots with my "serious trip music" from now on, for example :smile:

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Anonymous

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: valour] * 1
    #1609168 - 06/04/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I actually don't get all that enlightened while trippin...I just love how good it makes me feel and how much fun mediocre things seem on them...I definitely use them for the fun and not really too see some greater meaning or whatever....also I think a lot of ppl here plan their trips out a lil too much...I find its better just too go with the flow...eat some shrooms and do what you feel like doing not what you planned out the night before

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: ] * 1
    #1609273 - 06/04/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I am young, and i truthfully dont take shrooms to get so called "fucked up". After having my first trip i realised the immense power of the mushroom, and i believe if i respect it, it will respect me. Thats why i havent had any bad trips yet, hell i havent even had a bad thought yet, even on a level 4 trip.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Kanibus] * 1
    #1609388 - 06/04/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

its not really to impress anyone just to differenciate myself from my friends who have kind of half rotten brains due to drug overuse(not that theres anything wrong with what they do , theyre more then happy doing it. im happy for them). i think its important if you want a communtiy like this to understand you they need to understand your motives and such. just my input.

Anonymous

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Trip] * 1
    #1609637 - 06/04/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't had a bad trip yet either or bad thought for that matter....shrooms are pure bliss for me...

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: ] * 1
    #1609863 - 06/04/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i think that the people who say "i dont trip for fun" are for the most part, comparing themselfs to thier friends who say "i just wanna see some visuals." I know all too many people who say "it was fun, but i didnt get many visuals, i want more next time" like they are disapointed. These people annoy me.

Quote:

also I think a lot of ppl here plan their trips out a lil too much...I find its better just too go with the flow...eat some shrooms and do what you feel like doing not what you planned out the night before

i dont think any trip should be planned. I belive that you should ensure some factors befor hand, such as place, people, setting. But as for "i'm going to watch this movie, then listen to dark side of the moon, then draw, then eat some food" is taking it too far. When i trip, i like to make sure it's going to be a fun enviornment. Last trip i had (4.2g on 420) i prepared for. I printed a bunch of psychedellic art (and non-psychedellic art) and glued them to the walls. Mostly for the trip, but by gf's house really needed something on the walls. Then i got some colored lights and had some really great lighting, really mellow and chilled. i covered the lights with foil and poked holes in the foil and it looked hella cool on the walls. I eneded up listening to my discman the whole time and 'floating' around the apartment and just havin a great time. I had a realy great time with the setting, and belived it helped out quite a bit having such a trippy enviornment.

anyway, i think it's mostly people who are annoyed by people who just take shrooms to get 'fucked up' who will NEVER learn anything about themselfs.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Offlinebeam
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Phychotron] * 1
    #1610413 - 06/05/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Most of the time with any drug is to do it to have a good time and people have fun in different ways whether it be body, mind or both. When people have it to be normal then that isn't fun and is a sign of addiction.

I'm young my self, and i take it because its fun, and takes me to other places. I do enjoy getting fucked up on most drugs but i don't do it to get fucked up no one does it's just a term, probably because people can't be fucked explaining why they do it or even know why they do it but i think there's always a reason why people do drugs.

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: beam] * 1
    #1610442 - 06/05/03 03:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Totally agree with you PDU, I think its all to easy to get caught up in the 'enlightenment' and forget that its ok to have fun, and to say you have fun.

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: valour] * 1
    #1610624 - 06/05/03 04:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

they are FUN
but they offer so much more than just gratuidous fun
although even when I have tripped by myself on a high dose meditating the whole time

THATS FUN!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Psilocybeingzz] * 1
    #1611862 - 06/05/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

but they offer so much more than just gratuidous fun

That's what i'm talkin about.  the "let's see some color's Whheeew."  it's jsut that thier's so much more. Visuals are great and all, but i see them as an added bonus to the mindset. And it get's annoying hearing people say they didnt have that much fun cause they didnt get all the visuals they would like.

it's also annoying hearing about "oh, they were so blue, the bluer the better" or "que Ben Zeez" God i hate it when people say QueBenZeez
I actualy had a chick ask "are these Cubensis, or QueBenZeez?" i've come to accept that it's not gonna change, but every time i hear it, a piece of me dies inside  :crazy:

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Edited by Phychotron (06/05/03 02:13 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1612372 - 06/05/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I see what you're saying - I used to say things like "I don't take shrooms for fun" heh but honestly there's no avoiding the fun in them ;P

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Strumpling] * 1
    #1612715 - 06/05/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Strumpling, you said it best!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#1614636 - 06/06/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry... but I think this is a completly idiotic thing to talk about. If you felt depressed, anxious or strung out the day after shroomin, OF COURSE you wouldn't do it! to an intelligent person, enlightenment itself has an element of "fun". What people mean by "I don't trip to have fun" is, they aren't searching for the kind of fun offered by TV or alcohol when shrooming. Besides, haven't you guys figured out the words "truth" and "happiness" are interchangeable? And tripping is a search for truth - thus, a search for happiness.

All the squibble squabbling about useless aesthetic nonsense...

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Not so much a question, but a statement... [Re: Gog] * 1
    #1615282 - 06/06/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

No, it seems alot of people "within the community" use "i dont trip to have fun" as a defense, like a status symbol, as they are lesser shroomer if they do. Some people preach so much about the seriousness and sacredness of the mushroom and blah blah blah, i was just sayin' dont forget about the fun.

"If you felt depressed, anxious or strung out the day after shroomin, OF COURSE you wouldn't do it!"

You mean like you do after coke, or meth, or heroin, or alcohol, or others? What makes those drugs different from shrooms. Im generally very worn out by my mushroom experiences, and anxious to make sense of it all. often times depressed about the pathetic world around me.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#1615692 - 06/06/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Because you see that the truth you have learned, and it is yet to be shown to a majority of the world .. and exactly Gog, "All the squibble squabbling about useless aethestic nonsense..", the truth of relegion for me brings happiness, you would not search out truth if there was no reward to your knowledge, that explains the difficult peak some people report .. thats what alot mean by that statement, that they are seekers of truth, and that the reward (the fun) is the apart of the goal, but the knowledge is more important .. Strumpling said it, its there as the reward of your discovery, and I believe the deeper you look into the meaning, the happier you will become =)

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale