Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Meat
    #13531226 -

I've been a vegetarian for over a year. Today I went to the Co-op and bought a pound of ground beef. I just cooked some up and am about to take a bite. I'm nervous, but here it goes.

I will still only eat hormone free, grass fed, local meat (stay out of my thread Pris).

What are the best kinds and cuts of meat?
How do you cook them?
What do they go well with?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13531232 -

Wow, weird.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13531249 -

ick lol


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13531289 -

So why did you stop?


--------------------
DG
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: DeeGee]
    #13531309 -

Stop eating meat or stop being a vegetarian?

I decided to eat meat because I've had stomach troubles and the doctors in Turkey said I have an ulcer. I haven't gotten that confirmed over here but I'm on medication and whatever it is my stomach is messed up. I realized my stomach issues were serious once I was hospitalized and looking back on the past year I've been able to identify stomach problems associated with ulcers (feeling sick after drinking milk or beer, etc.). I wanted to see if it was a coincidence that they started happening a little after I went vegetarian.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13531321 -

I REALLLY doubt that.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13531330 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
I REALLLY doubt that.



You doubt what? That my stomach issues were cause by poor diet (among other things, like abusing ibuprofin).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13531334 -

that not eating meat caused an ulcer.  Ibuprofen would def do that.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13531353 -

Yeah, I abused ibuprofen and acetaminophen to ridiculous extents. I'm not 100 percent sure it is an ulcer, that's the thing. The doctors didn't do an upper endoscopy and whatever else they need to confirm. I've been thinking it's an ulcer due to what some doctors in Turkey told me in broken english without doing proper testing. It could be some other stomach issue caused by poor diet or something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: bryguy27007]
    #13531391 -

A vegetarian diet is usually much healthier than an omnivorous one. It is possible you had a poor diet though, as cheetos and chocolate all day is still technically vegetarian.

...Why did you abuse ibuprofen and acetaminophen to ridiculous extents?


--------------------
DG
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: DeeGee]
    #13531395 -

DeeGee said:
A vegetarian diet is usually much healthier than an omnivorous one.


Source?


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Poid]
    #13531405 -

Science


--------------------
DG
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: DeeGee]
    #13531413 -

Poid said:
DeeGee said:
A vegetarian diet is usually much healthier than an omnivorous one.


Source Link?




--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: DeeGee]
    #13531421 -

DeeGee said:
Science




--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13531425 -

Poid said:
Poid said:
DeeGee said:
A vegetarian diet is usually much healthier than an omnivorous one.


Source Link?






--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Poid]
    #13531449 -

I thought this was common knowledge, sorry if I sounded like a dick.
:shrug:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028


--------------------
DG
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Poid]
    #13531454 -

To be honest it is all relative.

A junk food vege is way worse off than a healthy meat eater.  But a if they both at the same thing, but one substituted plant protein for animal, I would say 100% the vege would be more healthy.

Not eating meat is also safer, because you never have to worry about bad, or rotten meat.  :awesome:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Psy Baba]
    #13531476 -

especially this bit:

Vegetarians tend to have lower body mass index, lower levels of cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and less incidence of heart disease, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, renal disease, osteoporosis, dementias such as Alzheimer’s Disease and other disorders.[28]  Non-lean red meat, in particular, has been found to be directly associated with increased risk of cancers of the esophagus, liver, colon, and the lungs.[29]


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: DeeGee]
    #13531555 -

DeeGee said:
I thought this was common knowledge...


Well you thought wrong, It's not common knowledge at all, rather, it is propaganda; some studies show that vegetarianism/vegan diets are unhealthy, some say that eating meat is unhealthy. As DuNeRaVeR said, it is all relative.


DeeGee said:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826028

It is the position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada that appropriately planned vegetarian diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Approximately 2.5% of adults in the United States and 4% of adults in Canada follow vegetarian diets. A vegetarian diet is defined as one that does not include meat, fish, or fowl. Interest in vegetarianism appears to be increasing, with many restaurants and college foodservices offering vegetarian meals routinely. Substantial growth in sales of foods attractive to vegetarians has occurred and these foods appear in many supermarkets. This position paper reviews the current scientific data related to key nutrients for vegetarians including protein, iron, zinc, calcium, vitamin D, riboflavin, vitamin B-12, vitamin A, n-3 fatty acids, and iodine. A vegetarian, including vegan, diet can meet current recommendations for all of these nutrients. In some cases, use of fortified foods or supplements can be helpful in meeting recommendations for individual nutrients. Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life-cycle including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence. Vegetarian diets offer a number of nutritional benefits including lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and animal protein as well as higher levels of carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, folate, antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, and phytochemicals. Vegetarians have been reported to have lower body mass indices than non-vegetarians, as well as lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease, lower blood cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer. While a number of federally funded and institutional feeding programs can accommodate vegetarians, few have foods suitable for vegans at this time. Because of the variability of dietary practices among vegetarians, individual assessment of dietary intakes of vegetarians is required. Dietetics professionals have a responsibility to support and encourage those who express an interest in consuming a vegetarian diet. They can play key roles in educating vegetarian clients about food sources of specific nutrients, food purchase and preparation, and any dietary modifications that may be necessary to meet individual needs. Menu planning for vegetarians can be simplified by use of a food guide that specifies food groups and serving sizes.


Where does it say that vegetarian diets are usually more healthy than omnivorous ones? :justdontknow:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meat [Re: Poid]
    #13531578 -



Vegetarian diets offer a number of nutritional benefits including lower levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and animal protein as well as higher levels of carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, folate, antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, and phytochemicals. Vegetarians have been reported to have lower body mass indices than non-vegetarians, as well as lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease, lower blood cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and prostate and colon cancer.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (11/23/10 06:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Eating meat
( 1 2 3 all )
Legend 5,512 57 10/17/10 03:00 AM
by Samuel L Jackson
* thinking about eating meat? think again..
( 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 )
Andre Nickatina 19,921 429 01/15/10 04:40 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* When a vegan lectures you on the evils of meat
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
MOTH 24,459 158 04/13/05 07:45 PM
by blackroselove
* Vegetarians, Tell me why?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
j3ckyl 7,625 100 10/20/07 01:22 PM
by StreetFreak
* If You Are a Vegetarian (or Vegan)
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
JackthaTripper 16,392 329 06/24/10 02:39 PM
by BirdsIView
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,827 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* Meat Juice
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CherryBomM 7,829 83 12/02/06 06:01 PM
by Konnrade
* vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity)
( 1 2 3 all )
nimnimnim 3,762 41 01/03/09 08:11 PM
by stimpson

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,619 topic views. 1 members, 50 guests and 308 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.