Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity)
    #9535239 -

on the eve, a few hours before 2009 I was on my way to a party and stopped to buy a packaged chicken curry baguette (city gas station).

later woke up with food poisoning (got it out and didn't get salmonella luckily but was the usually amount of horrible).

I have been going vegetarian (as part of spiritual path etc) since last two months and I had just decided the very same day that, no way.. I need to stop cheating, eating meat whenever it's unconvenient not to and then I still just brushed that aside when I bought the baguette.

certainly seems like an ironic synchronicity to me. perhaps my higher self arranged it for myself x)

gonna be total on this now. not sure what to do with eggs since I got rather zealous by that lesson but I'm off of meat for real now anyways.

what's your thoughts on the place of abstinance from food that leads to inflict on animals' lives in spirituality? How about how necessary (if at all) for the un-aided (plants, trance dance etc) i.e. meditative spirit world access?

I guess if you think it's important, suddenly you've made it important for you yourself but I'm not very supersticious. however it seems eating meat has no place in a place higher up the path to unconditional care and love in any case :/ *ramble ramble*


--------------------
:pes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9535269 -

I don't see vegetarianism as any more spiritual than eating meat.

You're taking a life, whether it is a plant or an animal, in order to survive. It's how life works, it uses death to further itself. I choose to see it as beautiful system rather than avoid eating meat because of it.

I only eat meat that's 100% grass-fed, I'm not surprised you got food poisoning from gas-station food. Stick with high quality grass-fed meats if you're going to eat meat.

If I could, I would hunt and gather for all my food. Now that, for me at least, would be spiritual


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9535355 -

I think vegetarianism is very healthy, especially when you consider the obesity problems facing society at the moment. You can't indulge in most fast food and you get a very large variety of vitamins because you have such a varied diet.

I don't think its right to take an animals life because we find eating meat pleasurable. And i don't think you can compare animal life to plant life because plants aren't conscious.

Although, if its a matter of survival then i think its ok to eat meat.

Edited by DimensionX (01/03/09 12:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9535647 -

i see vegetarianism idealistically pure solely in the pursuit of health benefits


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: anyone420]
    #9535745 -

i think eating meat is fine when you are respectful of the pain and death.

that being said, i think you probably have to kill your own animals if you want to be properly respectful, and the animals should probably have a decent sort of life, be it on a farm or in the wild.

i think the current high tech meat industry is spiritually terrible.  machines pumping out flesh and suffering can't be too good for you to be apart of mentally.

edit: try and watch documentaries about the meet industry while tripping... it is not pleasant.  Really made feel terrible in fact.

cover the end result in plastic and shine some florescent lights on it.  everything is just fine huh...

nah, images of stinking factories soaked in blood and organs still float around in our subconscious.  You should consider yourself lucky if you don't have to confront them.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9535906 -

As long as your body is getting enough nutrition thats a great way to go. Its good to experiment. If you body needs meat you shouldn't deprive yourself.

Some intense spiritual people are extremely unhealthy because of lack of balanced diet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9535929 -

Ive been vegetarian for years.
On new years I actually ate something that had meat in it unknowingly.
I was sick and felt like shit for the next day. During the few times Ive slipped up it makes me feel very angry and very slow, compared to how I feel on a vegetarian diet.
It's just like putting a different filter on how you percieve the world (depending on what you ingest).
Your consciousness will feel much different say if you eat a:
raw diet
vegan diet
vegetarian diet
omnivorous diet
carniverous/owsley diet (meat, eggs and dairy only).

If I eat meat I get very sick and my stomach cant digest it, and on top of that I feel lethargic and very angry. However, I know some people that if they stopped eating meat theyd probably feel faint and dizzy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9536182 -

i think vegans are idiots.

Way to slap mother nature in the face, thousands of years of evolution to become top of the food chain for nooothin

**edit**
dont get all personal when i say vegans are idiots im just using words to convey my disliking of the lifestyle.


--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"


Edited by Calix (01/03/09 04:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9536186 -

MisterMuscaria said:
If I eat meat I get very sick and my stomach cant digest it, and on top of that I feel lethargic and very angry. However, I know some people that if they stopped eating meat theyd probably feel faint and dizzy.



this is prob due to your blood type...not meat being bad


--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: Calix]
    #9536329 -

I don't know if I buy that blood type theory. For my blood type (O+) I'm supposed to be a meat-eater but I've been vegetarian since 2001 and I feel better not eating meat. Meat just tends to sit around corrupt in my digestive tract.

Started out as a vegan (not eating dairy is nicer on my sinuses) but it's pretty damn difficult in Germany. I can handle dairy but meat makes me feel sick, I have no urge to go for it.

p.s. If you don't want vegans getting mad then just tell 'em "veganism is missing the point" or whatever :smile: There's ways of getting your point across without firing a shot. Personally I just think it's a matter of choice. Regardless of the food chain, some people get along great on meat and some don't. Mother Nature gives different people different orders. Have a burger for me and I'll eat some tofu on your behalf :smile:


--------------------
Monday Night Weirdness! Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
- William Blake, Proverbs of Hell from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: ChairmanMeow]
    #9536361 -

Im thinking about going back to vegan. I dont have acne when Im vegan but I do if I eat dairy. I have to take enzymes to even digest dairy though, I was lactose intolerant since I was little.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9536373 -

I've been thinking about going veggie, but I'd still want to eat fish. It's so good and good for you.

I don't like steak, burgers are ok, and chicken is yum.

Maybe it wouldn't be so easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: truekimbo2]
    #9536438 -

truekimbo2 said:
i think the current high tech meat industry is spiritually terrible.  machines pumping out flesh and suffering can't be too good for you to be apart of mentally.






--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: nimnimnim]
    #9536458 -

I'll pretty much eat anything.

I see no spirituality in what eventually leaves my body as stinky shit that sticks to my biodegradable, post consumer recycled toilet paper.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Edited by Crasher (01/03/09 07:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #9536563 -

You do know that plants are alive also.  They don't want to die.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: anyone420]
    #9537216 -

I wonder though how much of a nuisance death may be for plants. it seems they're usually not as individuated and separated from source as animals?
perhaps monoculture degrades quality of life for plants though? perhaps the habitat is important for some sort of within-reality communication?

about the physical part I do feel much notably fresher on vegetarian diet. what's left is gelatine in sweets and eggs (milk protein intollerant (no pills xU) (lots of acne still, damnit x) first silly thing I'll ask the mushroom spirits about may be how to treat without antibiotics).

anyways less animalic diet certainly gives me a greater default body high level. I've become aware of how different experiencing your body can feel. just like how perfectly fitting, clean clothes feel versus the opposite. it's not just about unnoticable neutrality.. guess yoga is next \:U/


--------------------
:pes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: DimensionX]
    #9537284 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #9537460 -

I didn't write this, but I love it:



I was looking over a menu in a restaurant the other day when I saw a section for vegetarians; I thought to myself "boy, I sure am glad that I'm not a meat-hating fascist" and I skipped on to the steak section (because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15 for an alfalfa sandwich, slice of cucumber and a scoop of cold cottage cheese), but before I turned the page something caught my eye. The heading of the vegetarian section was titled "Guiltless Grill," not because there were menu items with fewer calories and cholesterol (since there were "healthy" chicken dishes discriminated against in this section), but because none of the items used animal products. Think about that phrase for a second. What exactly does "guiltless grill" imply? So I'm supposed to feel guilty now if I eat meat? Screw you.

What pisses me off so much about this phrase is the sheer narrow-mindedness of these stuck up vegetarian assholes. You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries? Well here's something that not many vegetarians know (or care to acknowledge): every year millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy bean combines during harvesting season. Oh yeah, go on and on for hours about how all of us meat eaters are going to hell for having a steak, but conveniently ignore the fact that each year millions of mice, rabbits, snakes, skunks, possums, squirrels, gophers and rats are ruthlessly murdered as a direct result of YOUR dieting habits. What's that? I'm sorry, I don't hear any more elitist banter from you pompous cocks. Could it be because your shit has been RUINED?

That's right: the gloves have come off. The vegetarian response to this embarrassing fact is "well, at least we're not killing intentionally." So let me get this straight; not only are animals ruthlessly being murdered as a direct result of your diet, but you're not even using the meat of the animals YOU kill? At least we're eating the animals we kill (and although we also contribute to the slaughter of animals during grain harvesting, keep in mind that we're not the ones with a moral qualm about it), not just leaving them to rot in a field somewhere. That makes you just as morally repugnant than any meat-eater any day. Not only that, but you're killing free-roaming animals, not animals that were raised for feed. Their bodies get mangled in the combine's machinery, bones crushed, and you have the audacity to point fingers at the meat industry for humanely punching a spike through a cow's neck? If you think that tofu burgers come at no cost to animals or the environment, guess again.

To even suggest that your meal is some how "guiltless" is absurd. The defense "at least we're not killing intentionally" is bullshit anyway. How is it not intentional if you KNOW that millions of animals die every year in combines during harvest? You expect me to believe that you somehow unintentionally pay money to buy products that support farmers that use combines to harvest their fields? Even if it was somehow unintentional, so what? That suddenly makes you innocent? I guess we should let drunk drivers off the hook too since they don't kill intentionally either, right? There's no way out of this one. The only option left for you dip-shits is to buy some land, plant and pick your own crops. Impractical? Yeah, well, so is your stupid diet.

Even if combines aren't used to harvest your food, you think that buying fruits and vegetables (organic or otherwise) is any better? How do you think they get rid of bugs that eat crops in large fields? You think they just put up signs and ask parasites to politely go somewhere else? Actually, I wouldn't put that suggestion past you hippies. One of the methods they use to get rid of pests is to introduce a high level of predators for each particular prey, which wreaks all sorts of havoc on the natural balance of predator/prey populations--causing who knows what kind of damage to the environment. Oops, did I just expose you moral-elitists for being frauds? Damnedest thing.

A number of people have pointed out that the amount of grain grown to feed animals for slaughter every year is greater than the amount of grain grown for humans. So I guess the amount of grain grown for human consumption suddenly becomes negligible and we can conveniently ignore the fact that animals are still ruthlessly murdered either way because of your diet, right? Not to mention that the majority of grain grown for livestock is tough as rocks, coarse, and so low-grade that it's only fit for animal consumption in the first place. Spare me the "you could feed 500 people with the grain used to feed one cow" line of shit; it's not the same grain. Then there are the people who jump on the bandwagon with "you could plant billions of potatoes on the land used for cows"--good point, except for the fact that not every plot of land is equally fertile; you think farmers always have a choice on what they do with their land? Also, many vegetarians don't know (or care to acknowledge) that in many parts of the United States they have "control hunts" in which hunting permits are passed out whenever there is a pest problem (the pest here is deer, elk and antelope) that threatens wheat, soy, vegetable and other crops; this happens several times per year. Then some of you throw out claims that "we are trying to limit the suffering." How about you limit MY suffering and shut the hell up about your stupid diet for a change; nobody cares. Even if the number of animals that die in combine deaths every year isn't in the millions, even if it's just one, are you suggesting that the life of one baby rabbit isn't worth saving? Are you placing a value on life? Enjoy your tofu, murderers.



Sources:
TIME Magazine, July 15 2002, Pg. 56

Steven Davis, professor of animal science at Oregon State University (at least one study has shown that simply mowing an alfalfa field caused a 50% reduction in the gray-tailed vole population): full article

Least Harm Principle suggests that Humans should eat beef not vegan., first published in the Proceedings of Third Congress of the European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics, 2001

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: Ziggen]
    #9537507 -

maddox is a cunt.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: vegetarian and spiritual path (new years 2009 resolution synchronicity) [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #9539188 -

dr_gonz said:
DimensionX said:
And i don't think you can compare animal life to plant life because plants aren't conscious.




That's a matter of opinion.



If i see any convincing evidence of plants being conscious i will change my opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thinking about going into a spiritual retreat...need some advice.
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,544 45 05/17/18 06:07 PM
by Dagr
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,828 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* Going Vegetarian...
( 1 2 all )
Organic 4,173 22 04/25/03 03:10 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* New Years Resolution? Madtowntripper 774 17 01/01/05 11:44 AM
by Adom
* My Resolution SoopaX 621 9 04/11/05 10:31 AM
by KristiMidocean
* New Years Resolutions DNKYD 789 11 12/30/25 07:51 PM
by KevinDontWave
* vegetarians are killing animals
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
XUL 11,103 82 06/09/05 08:02 AM
by looner2
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,504 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,763 topic views. 6 members, 757 guests and 202 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.