Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Psychedelic Awareness Group
    #11385100 - 11/04/09 05:36 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Alright, I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak for this from people who think it's fucking stupid...but here it goes.
I'm a senior in high school. All 4 years, Ive just sort of done my own thing, kinda just stayed to myself, not causing any trouble or anything. However, its suddenly hit me that I haven't done a single thing important to me in all my 4 years. So I racked my mind about something I could do...and it hit me, a group to promote the legalization of marijuana! After much though, I realized this would never work, and after refining my idea, I decided to go with something more along the lines of MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies). It'd be a group to teach people what these chemicals really do, and we'd show documentaries, have talks, bring in speakers, ect. to try and teach people the real facts, and to try to raise money for the MAPS association. Right now it's a very loose idea, and I clearly have a lot of thinking to do. Now, I realize there are many problems with this, primarily that the school will just laugh at me, blacklist me, and fuck me over for Uni. Also, my school randomly drug tests the student body...and I'm pretty sure if anybody joined the club, they would be "randomly" tested. Now, putting these problems aside, is there any advice/ideas people have that would help me present this idea to the dean of students without him thinking i'm trying to start a club for acid heads? The purpose of this club would be to educate, not sit around and talk about hookups and sick acid trips we've been on.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: surferdude66066]
    #11385184 - 11/04/09 05:46 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

dooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeettt

i wish my high school had shit like that.

silly catholics, shr00mz are the devil:satan:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Offlinedisconnect
Stranger
Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: Salomon]
    #11385326 - 11/04/09 06:03 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

lol, that's a neat idea!
Maybe present it as a complement of sex-ed or healthy living or what have you.

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: Salomon]
    #11385355 - 11/04/09 06:07 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

your school randomly drug tests the students? wow. i think you should set up a group to get that policy thrown out.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/marriottmarquis

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: pimpsmatt]
    #11385388 - 11/04/09 06:12 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

It's UIL rules, they're have to test for steroids but they just go ahead and test for everthing. And since my school is so small, they don't just test the athletes, they test everybody.

InvisiblePangolin
Gardener
Female

Loc: Around
    #11385418 - 11/04/09 06:15 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Not to be a nay-sayer but it sounds like the negatives are pretty harsh.

Personal opinion here. If it were me, I would spend the rest of my senior year planning this thing out, making associations with MAPS, finding out if members of the student body are interested. Get MAPS' opinions on how to best go about this without bringing the axe down on yourself. Then, once my plan was in place, I would start planning a group for the university of my choice. You can get away with having opinions in college that you aren't allowed to voice in high school.

I think what you want to do is really cool. People definitely need more education and less fear-mongering, but my advice would be to make plans, bide your time, and move forward once you're in college.

Good Luck!

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: Pangolin]
    #11385465 - 11/04/09 06:21 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

I understand the negatives are harsh, but they're nothing I can't handle. I'm not a druggie, I have a 3.9 GPA, I'm a starter on the varsity football team, and captain of the varsity rugby team. And I'm also fascinated by the world of psychedelics. I just want to show people the facts...even if they are still against it, I want them to KNOW what they are against, rather than fighting against what they don't know. I'm completely fine with not tripping or anything so long as I can get my message out there...I'm tired of the social and political stigma attached to these substances...people need to be educated.

Offlinepimpsmatt
newb
Male

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: Pangolin]
    #11385478 - 11/04/09 06:23 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

^good advise
Quote:

Pangolin said:
Not to be a nay-sayer but it sounds like the negatives are pretty harsh.

Personal opinion here. If it were me, I would spend the rest of my senior year planning this thing out, making associations with MAPS, finding out if members of the student body are interested. Get MAPS' opinions on how to best go about this without bringing the axe down on yourself. Then, once my plan was in place, I would start planning a group for the university of my choice. You can get away with having opinions in college that you aren't allowed to voice in high school.

I think what you want to do is really cool. People definitely need more education and less fear-mongering, but my advice would be to make plans, bide your time, and move forward once you're in college.

Good Luck!

^good advise

--------------------
www.myspace.com/marriottmarquis

Offlinenootropic
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loc: graveyard
Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: pimpsmatt]
    #11385614 - 11/04/09 06:43 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

go for it. as long as you get school approval and an active board, you should be golden.

--------------------
[quote]Oweyervishice said:
[quote]Icelander said:
What is at the bottom of it?[/quote]

Death anxiety? :flirt:[/quote]

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: nootropic]
    #11385806 - 11/04/09 07:06 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

I'm going to do it, but what I was asking was if anybody had ideas on how to present it? I don't think I can present it as a MAPS club, but maybe as a club for something else, and have psychedelic research just fall under the umbrella

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11386091 - 11/04/09 07:51 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

sounds awesome, I wish my old high school had something like it as welll

and I have no help haha

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: showme]
    #11386996 - 11/04/09 09:40 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Ultimate props and respect if you do this, it might just take off, you could end up as a rich president of this group doing things you love, and making your own friggen documentaries. Who knows?

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Offlinearekusu
Stranger than You
Male

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: showme]
    #11387127 - 11/04/09 09:58 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Its gonna be a bitch to get approved. I hate to sound negative but even clubs that are against the grain yet having nothing to do with something illegal are hard to set up. Case in point: My school's GSA. (Gay Straight Alliance)

Every year the entire administrative staff throws as much shit as possible at us. If we mess up any of the stupid regulations or codes, we get shut down. Its happened before. And yet clubs like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes has zero troubles and they get to go around many of the codes that were thrown at the GSA.

If your trying to set up a club that even remotely portrays psychedelic drugs in a not horrible light, your going to be fighting an uphill battle.

That being said, GOOD LUCK!!! It would kick so much ass if you could get this set up!

--------------------
Moodion said:
There's only one way to answer that frustrating question of "what was it like?".

You hand the fucker The Machine packed with an 80mg dose and wave goodbye.

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: arekusu]
    #11387239 - 11/04/09 10:09 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Thank you for the support...I feel like it's time for someone to give it a shot and educate the masses about the truth. It may take sacrifices on my part, but I believe it will be worth it to fight for what I believe is right.

Offline34120060
Eocene Epoch
Male

#11387395 - 11/04/09 10:28 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

you should make it a club to just disprove propaganda of all sorts that way you can do psychedelics and pretty much everything has propaganda attached to it idk just an idea hope it helps

--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

Offlinesurferdude66066
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: 34120060]
    #11387456 - 11/04/09 10:33 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

That might work actually...but any other ideas? People?

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

Re: Psychedelic Awareness Group [Re: 34120060]
    #11387467 - 11/04/09 10:34 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

dude thats fucking awesome :thumbup:

i dont really have ideas or advice, sorry. but let me know if you do this shit. i'm a senior, too. i could set up a branch in my area too or some shit haha.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience