Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness?
    #11348181 - 10/29/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As if the entire world is covered in it and there are very few points of light.  A very scary feeling?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkeness? [Re: Darkestone]
    #11348193 - 10/29/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's how the world is. And it is scary.  All you can do is try to be one of those spots of light

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkeness? [Re: BothHands]
    #11348216 - 10/29/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do you ever feel like you've been cut off from the light?

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: Darkestone]
    #11348464 - 10/29/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had some scary experiences mixing 10 hits of acid with a few hits of mescaline. At that point I need to stop meditating and turn on "Anthem to the Sun" by Grateful Dead.  Nothing on the planet is more comforting to me. 

I really don't know what to tell you.  When it gets too dark, I run.  Not necessarily what I'm recommending you do, but... hmm...

Instead of focusing on the negative, I try to find out what parts of me I can make better.  The world is a shitty place, but one more good human being is a start.

Wish I could be more helpful.

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shamballa
Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: Darkestone]
    #11348561 - 10/29/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I always get the feeling that total destruction is right around the corner. It is. Ever since birth, we have been fighting off death. When it gets to be too much, I know I can change myself at least for the better. You are a light in this world. Shine on my brother. I always get another type of mind fuck. I find it amazingly wasteful the lifestyle of Western society. I wonder how long it can continue before the Earth reaches a tipping point?

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: BothHands]
    #11348659 - 10/29/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I try to be the Ultimate Darkestone I can be.:biggrin:  I was just mainly asking for input on what people think. 
:fairy:
If it's not just me then is this feeling for real?

Has it ever prevented you from "breaking through" and reaching "the light"?

Does it feel like recently it is getting even darker?  And stronger?

Have things gotten worse in the past few months?  More random killings or kidnappings or anything like that b/c I never watch the news but lately, I just feel darkness. 

That's the only way I know to explain it.  Make any sense at all??

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#11349223 - 10/29/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've felt that way, but it turned out it was all an inner journey.
Journey on, brave Fool.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineSpiralout112
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary
Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: Kickle]
    #11353764 - 10/30/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I find that when I end up feeling the darkness I invite it to do its worst, and then it goes away. LOL

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: Spiralout112]
    #11355627 - 10/31/09 01:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The brighter the light, the darker the darkness...

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11355695 - 10/31/09 02:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Darkestone said:
As if the entire world is covered in it and there are very few points of light.  A very scary feeling?

Yes I do feel this sometimes, but I think it is God showing me this very real part of our everyday lives, that the world is a harsh place and to remain pure in mind, body and soul, to share this love with others.

I no longer trip though, I had an experience a couple years ago where I was visited by what I call an angel while having an experience, after that experience I could reach the same place without having to dose.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#11356286 - 10/31/09 08:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The abyss  :w0ahhhhmahnnn:

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#11356296 - 10/31/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The abyss  :w0ahhhhmahnnn:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #11361376 - 11/01/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Darkestone said:

The world does not feel like such a dark place when you yourself have a light shining within you.

Remember the world is not something separate from you. You are the world.

Whatsoever you feel collectively about the world may well be a reflection of how you feel about yourself.

There's much more light out there than we are told.

The wonderful thing is that the more you shine your light, the more others are attracted to you. And consequently two lights shine much brighter than just one.

So shine on! :shineon:

--------------------

Offlinefugazi32
Hardcore Raver & Junglist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Milton Keynes, England
    #11367724 - 11/02/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Darkestone said:

Not for me personally.......I only used to get that feeling when I (used to) do Ketamine.
On tryptamines I see the whole universe as a void filled with light & wonder! :smile:

--------------------
“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson

It is so obvious: Psilocybin Mushrooms are living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! :mushroom2:

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #11368653 - 11/02/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, it seems as though, the greater my inner peace becomes & the brighter my little light gets,

the more I love myself and those around me, the darker the rest of the human condition seems.

Not all people, just our state in general as mortals.

hmmmm,:strokebeard3:

I dunno, I wish for simpler times. :bliss:

Invisiblestereolab
Wizard
Male

Loc: NY
    #11369569 - 11/02/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Tripping usually gives me colorful close-eyed visuals and makes reality itself seem much brighter and more vivid.  Meditating I usually feel a darkness that sometimes has dots/lines that move around in patterns.  It's hard to describe, sometimes in a higher state of meditation I feel as if my forehead/third eye is a vortex into another world, and the close-eyed patterns I get all dance around the cylinder shape into the vortex.  Sometimes there is a bright light in the center of this vortex, sometimes it can even be colorful.  But outside the vortex is mostly a vast abyss.

--------------------
Space is
the Place
:aum:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11369650 - 11/02/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Don't gaze for too long in the abyss unless you want to become it...

EA Koetting has some good meditations on Darkness if you're into black magick and that sort of thing.  If you're into the more usual Love/Light happy camper psychedelia you'd probably be better off focusing on the positive rather than the negative.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineTruth_Within
Not Knowing
 User Gallery

#11370292 - 11/02/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Once you go through the light in meditation there is vast space. Light is just friction.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: deCypher]
    #11465696 - 11/16/09 08:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Don't gaze for too long in the abyss unless you want to become it...

EA Koetting has some good meditations on Darkness if you're into black magick and that sort of thing.  If you're into the more usual Love/Light happy camper psychedelia you'd probably be better off focusing on the positive rather than the negative.

i feel a darkness.  the darkness has manifested itslef to me before as a voice.  In one meditative trip i was around a whole lot of sounds and dreamlike clips most were auditory. 

in my next trip the same audio i heard in this tripping state played on the radio. 

"see how powerful i am" was the words that my mouth mouthed without actually speaking them but i heard them in my mind.

the audio that i heard in the trip and later on the radio "just kill yourself"

beware

edit

just read this and it sounds completely crazy, but at the time when it was happening to me it was like something was fucking with me.

--------------------

Edited by pong (11/16/09 08:34 AM)

OfflineLife Upon Death
Stranger

Re: When you meditate or trip, do you ever feel a vast darkness? [Re: pong]
    #11472807 - 11/17/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

darkness is growing

but so is light

Romans 5:

19For as through the one man's disobedience (AM)the many (AN)were made sinners, even so through (AO)the obedience of the One (AP)the many will be made righteous.

20(AQ)The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, (AR)grace abounded all the more,

21so that, as (AS)sin reigned in death, even so (AT)grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

its not easy finding the balance of being able to accept the darkness without becoming a part of it

I know its place and yet I hate it at the same time(its through my hate of it that it has its place in me)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag