Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981095 -

Please try to be consistent.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10981118 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Please try to be consistent.



You could put that on a tablet, sounds like a commandment.
Come up with a few more, write a book, get a following.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981127 -

I do a great 'Charlton Heston'. :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981129 -

I think the raw diet has it's good points, but I question any idealistic approach to nutrition, like "all cooked foods are bad".


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10981134 -

You've done Charlston Heston?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Rahz]
    #10981141 -

Rahz said:
I think the raw diet has it's good points, but I question any idealistic approach to nutrition, like "all cooked foods are bad".



Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981544 -

Yogurt and Kefir are filled with tasty micro-organisms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10981566 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I used to drink raw beer. You put a handful of barley, hops and water in your mouth and let ferment for 7 days before swallowing.

Very hard to get a buzz, not to mention choking to death in your sleep.



You need yeast to get fermentation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Power]
    #10981865 -

Salami has tasty micro-organisms and it's raw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981902 -

This is a real story - no link. This guy ate nothing but putrid, raw, green meat. Green because he let it spoil in a warm fridge for months. Claimed it cured his cancer. It was just about the most disgusting thing I had ever seen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10981957 -

:headbanger:


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10981964 -

falcon said:
Rahz said:
I think the raw diet has it's good points, but I question any idealistic approach to nutrition, like "all cooked foods are bad".



Yep.



There are relatively few mushrooms that I'll eat raw or have even tried raw. The active ones are on that list.  Also, Agaricus bisporus and A. campestris, Psathyrella candolleana, Fistulina hepatica, Laetiporus sulpherous, Coprinus micas, Fuligo septica are ones that come to mind. A lot of mushrooms that are I have eaten cooked, had I eaten them uncooked, would contain enzymes that would not have been destroyed by heat, that would make me sick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10982046 -

So...what reasoning was given? We can't really debate whether the consumption of poisonous food items are nutritionally beneficial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10982079 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
This is a real story - no link. This guy ate nothing but putrid, raw, green meat. Green because he let it spoil in a warm fridge for months. Claimed it cured his cancer. It was just about the most disgusting thing I had ever seen.



High Meat! Haven't tried it, eating green seems a bit much. What caused the green? Fungi, bacteria, enzymes already in the meat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10983365 -

There are relatively few mushrooms that I'll eat raw

Mushrooms (the non-active ones) are one of the few things I really enjoy eating raw. Sometimes my lunch is a giant bowl of agaricus mushrooms with ginger salad dressing dribbled on them. I don't even slice them... just bite into them like apples.

Now I'm hungry...  :cheers:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: falcon]
    #10983388 -

falcon said:
Salami has tasty micro-organisms and it's raw.



Is it considered raw?  I always figured the fermenting curing processing counted as 'de-rawing' it.  Raw eaters are usually vegan anyway so I guess it doesnt matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: DieCommie]
    #10984105 -

I eat a lot of raw foods (at least 50% of my diet, likely more)  and I am beginning to much prefer them to cooked foods. But I cannot ever see being one of these 100% raw people, but maybe. Right now, I love Indian and Sushi too much. :drooling:

Is tequila raw?


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: whattheheck]
    #10984755 -

Fry it all in loads of butter I say! Tasty. Haven't had a curry for a while sounds like thats whats for dinner. Can't even imagine only being able to eat raw stuff.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10985058 -

Im confused.. why are people calling boiled and cured foods 'raw'?

Raw means untreated...

Cooking food has been an amazing benefit for humans.. it is basically the reason fire was so important for us. It lets us spend much less time digesting food.

I think that it would be wise to eat a certain amount of raw food every week, to exercise your bowels and to get nutrients that would otherwise be destroyed by heat.

But raw food diet overall.. seems to be shooting yourself in the foot.

In this whole thread, no one has raised a single argument against 'cooked food'.

I realise that some foods become carcinogenic when cooked... but that should not be generalised to all foods? and anyway everything is carcinogenic these days so you may as well keep eating the one carcinogenic thing that has been utilised by our species for hundreds of hundreds of years


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw Food Diet [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10985979 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
One of the premises from the book 'Left in the Dark' is that man should readopt a raw food diet.

Guess we should eat poisonous raw cashews rather than cook them and eat undigestable dried rice because adding hot water will change our brain chemistry for the worse and cause us to lose our psychic powers.




The middle path my boy. I think 50% raw or more is a healthy way to go.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spirituality and Diet
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dmtrypr 5,504 72 12/02/04 04:40 PM
by shanti
* Diet and Thought *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
Lakefingers 2,651 45 03/29/09 10:37 AM
by Epigallo
* Plant based diet
( 1 2 3 all )
reflectedlight 4,919 59 10/15/03 10:38 AM
by hongomon
* Raw foods are great!
( 1 2 3 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,102 47 01/07/10 02:18 PM
by WScott
* Can anyone argue that omnivorous diets are actually more ethical than vegetarian?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Epigallo 7,924 126 01/09/09 02:37 PM
by DoseMeHomie
* Production vs Consumption - A Life Philosophy jazzillion 548 10 04/10/09 09:01 AM
by traviedigital
* Vegan Diet...
( 1 2 3 all )
You_are_God 3,099 58 05/30/03 02:28 PM
by johnnyfive
* diet and spirituality deff 1,788 16 04/09/09 01:54 PM
by Cannashroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,732 topic views. 2 members, 60 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.