Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984852 -

FatMamaCheezcake said:
I think it's also due to the fact that people tend to be poorer these days, and a lot of times, the less healthy choice is cheaper and feeds more people.




that is actually a huge misconception. i used to eat lazy foods and i spent more than i do now.  most people wouldnt do it right simply because they are ignorant to health and bargain shopping.  i eat incredibly healthy and do so cheaply by  buying lots of dried beans, rice and other cheap staples, also by price shopping, stocking up when sales are on and coupons, hitting farmers markets and produce stands to get cheaper local produce, growing some of my own herbs, and veggies.

you can eat very healthy on a tight budget, its a matter of how you do it.  most people are just unwilling to sacrifice time to make the necessary sacrifices needed to do it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8984864 -

leftysurprise said:
because its fucked up to set your kids on the same lazy, unhealthy path that you chose in life.  if you let your kids get fat, it is FAR worse than you getting fat.



Lemme tell ju sonteen...

I may be fat but I am not lazy.  Even when I'm posting on threads, if it's before 9 at night I'm usually standing here bent over the table, typing on my way between tasks.

My fatness started when I was little and I lived with my grandparents, who were depression era.  The food we had was bland and most of it was brown,(and not unhealthy!) and I was made to eat anything that was put on my plate, whether it was the right portion or not.  And because I was always taller than the other kids, I got picked on for my size anyway, even when I wasn't fat and then when my mom came back into my life I learned about food that tasted good, and etc etc etc...

I pride myself on the effort I put into parenting, my son and I eat out once a week (if that), and I cook healthy food. I just have a waaaay laid back metabolism, and never really cared too much as an adult about trying to get skinny to be more appealing to ppl who like skinny people.

P.S.  Yet another reason for the fatness of USA's kids is portion size. People think a Happy Meal is the right size meal for a kid?? WRONG. A Happy Meal is an adult-sized meal.


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8984874 -

well said, i grow alot of my own veggies and herbs, it really does help with saving money

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8984885 -

leftysurprise said:
FatMamaCheezcake said:
I think it's also due to the fact that people tend to be poorer these days, and a lot of times, the less healthy choice is cheaper and feeds more people.




that is actually a huge misconception. i used to eat lazy foods and i spent more than i do now.  most people wouldnt do it right simply because they are ignorant to health and bargain shopping.  i eat incredibly healthy and do so cheaply by  buying lots of dried beans, rice and other cheap staples, also by price shopping, stocking up when sales are on and coupons, hitting farmers markets and produce stands to get cheaper local produce, growing some of my own herbs, and veggies.

you can eat very healthy on a tight budget, its a matter of how you do it.  most people are just unwilling to sacrifice time to make the necessary sacrifices needed to do it.



Agreed, people spend too much on overpriced "instant" health food as opposed to cooking their own.
Candybars as well as many junkfoods arent cheap. An apple is about $0.30, free if you grow it , a candybar is about $1.75

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8984898 -

leftysurprise said:
FatMamaCheezcake said:
I think it's also due to the fact that people tend to be poorer these days, and a lot of times, the less healthy choice is cheaper and feeds more people.




that is actually a huge misconception. i used to eat lazy foods and i spent more than i do now.  most people wouldnt do it right simply because they are ignorant to health and bargain shopping.  i eat incredibly healthy and do so cheaply by  buying lots of dried beans, rice and other cheap staples, also by price shopping, stocking up when sales are on and coupons, hitting farmers markets and produce stands to get cheaper local produce, growing some of my own herbs, and veggies.

you can eat very healthy on a tight budget, its a matter of how you do it.  most people are just unwilling to sacrifice time to make the necessary sacrifices needed to do it.



I agree, and I should have been more specific (but you see how long my threads are when I specificate :P 

What I should have said was:
When you work two jobs to support your kids, it's cheaper to buy fast-and-easy-to-make junk food than it is to fast-and-easy-to-make health food. 

I can sympathize with a mother who has three kids and supports them all by herself and would rather put some mac and cheese in a pot and spend time with her kids than spend her non-working or diaper-changing time cooking. 

I do think that even in this case, if you sacrificed a few hours of sleep, you could be cooking at night and then you'd have easy to heat up food later. 

But to be honest, who of us is perfect?  We can all say what we would and should do, but you never really know how much it takes to be a parent (a good parent) until you are one.


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984901 -

I agree with your sig FatMamaCheezcake :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8984915 -

MisterMuscaria said:
Agreed, people spend too much on overpriced "instant" health food as opposed to cooking their own.
Candybars as well as many junkfoods arent cheap. An apple is about $0.30, free if you grow it , a candybar is about $1.75



I was talking about meals, not snacks. And what about when you live in an apt, and can't have a garden?


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: Q-WTF]
    #8984921 -

Dizzwizzle said:
I agree with your sig FatMamaCheezcake :smile:



lol about the pissed off sheep?  it's true.. i just watched a movie about it. and it was great.. but they were REALLY.. pissed off.


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8984939 -

awesomebastard said:
I just dont think it's any of our business to tell people how to raise their kids.
We teach healthy eating in schools and have phys ed.

If the kids learn that it then becomes their personal choice.



you can teach all you want in school, but when they go home and mommy and daddy say fuck exercise and heres a big mac for dinner, wtf do you expect them to get out of it?

generally i am all for people running their own lives and making their own decisions, but concerning fitness and obesity in america, something needs to be done.  this is one of the greatest nations in the world, yet 25% of the population is obese, along with %60+  being overweight and out of shape??

obesity is one of the biggest problems destroying this country(outside of our politics), it decreases productivity, it increases health problems, which in turn increases health insurance rates, it increases demand for everything from water and food to toilet paper and clothing.

if you let your kids get obese i think the state needs to step in on account of abuse.  because in reality, youre setting your kid up for a life of laziness, diabetes and other obesity related diseases and an early grave.

Quote:
If the kids learn that it then becomes their personal choice.





and thats bullshit, because by the time those kids get to the age to realize the wide array of negative effects of obesity and decide they dont want to be, its far too late.  by then theyre stuck in a vicious cycle, and chances are even IF they want to make a change, if the parents dont change, neither can they.  if your parents dont offer a healthy lifestyle, how are you supposed to make one happen?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984942 -

It's ok to be fat, if you are in shape(like meXD)

Kids are fat because they eat bad, and don't exersize. Sad, but personal choices lead to personal consequences.


--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984944 -

Yes black sheep, love it :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984952 -

FatMamaCheezcake said:
leftysurprise said:
because its fucked up to set your kids on the same lazy, unhealthy path that you chose in life.  if you let your kids get fat, it is FAR worse than you getting fat.



Lemme tell ju sonteen...

I may be fat but I am not lazy.  Even when I'm posting on threads, if it's before 9 at night I'm usually standing here bent over the table, typing on my way between tasks.

My fatness started when I was little and I lived with my grandparents, who were depression era.  The food we had was bland and most of it was brown,(and not unhealthy!) and I was made to eat anything that was put on my plate, whether it was the right portion or not.  And because I was always taller than the other kids, I got picked on for my size anyway, even when I wasn't fat and then when my mom came back into my life I learned about food that tasted good, and etc etc etc...

I pride myself on the effort I put into parenting, my son and I eat out once a week (if that), and I cook healthy food. I just have a waaaay laid back metabolism, and never really cared too much as an adult about trying to get skinny to be more appealing to ppl who like skinny people.

P.S.  Yet another reason for the fatness of USA's kids is portion size. People think a Happy Meal is the right size meal for a kid?? WRONG. A Happy Meal is an adult-sized meal.



bent over you say?  :naughty:

i dont doubt that you are not lazy, alot of fat people arent lazy, but it still gets in the way of life sometimes, and you cant deny that!  you seem like a pretty cool fatty.  id hang out with you :smile:  i cant stand the depressed mopey fatties.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984957 -

FatMamaCheezcake said:
MisterMuscaria said:
Agreed, people spend too much on overpriced "instant" health food as opposed to cooking their own.
Candybars as well as many junkfoods arent cheap. An apple is about $0.30, free if you grow it , a candybar is about $1.75



I was talking about meals, not snacks. And what about when you live in an apt, and can't have a garden?



Hence the "30 cents" in my post (or free if you grow it).

I think alot of the overweightness of today's youth is a combination of the pre-1940s "chunky = healthy" mentality thats been passed down through generations and is no longer needed in today's modern medicine society and sedentary lifestyle. 1000 years ago a heavy man would have a better chance of fighting off infections than a skinny man, but with today's medicine that just isnt true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: Q-WTF]
    #8984960 -

Dizzwizzle said:
Yes black sheep, love it :lol:



It's my new favorite movie. Which says a lot, because my favorite movie has been Freeway for like.. 12entyfive years.


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984982 -

FatMamaCheezcake said:
leftysurprise said:
FatMamaCheezcake said:
I think it's also due to the fact that people tend to be poorer these days, and a lot of times, the less healthy choice is cheaper and feeds more people.




that is actually a huge misconception. i used to eat lazy foods and i spent more than i do now.  most people wouldnt do it right simply because they are ignorant to health and bargain shopping.  i eat incredibly healthy and do so cheaply by  buying lots of dried beans, rice and other cheap staples, also by price shopping, stocking up when sales are on and coupons, hitting farmers markets and produce stands to get cheaper local produce, growing some of my own herbs, and veggies.

you can eat very healthy on a tight budget, its a matter of how you do it.  most people are just unwilling to sacrifice time to make the necessary sacrifices needed to do it.



I agree, and I should have been more specific (but you see how long my threads are when I specificate :P 

What I should have said was:
When you work two jobs to support your kids, it's cheaper to buy fast-and-easy-to-make junk food than it is to fast-and-easy-to-make health food. 

I can sympathize with a mother who has three kids and supports them all by herself and would rather put some mac and cheese in a pot and spend time with her kids than spend her non-working or diaper-changing time cooking. 

I do think that even in this case, if you sacrificed a few hours of sleep, you could be cooking at night and then you'd have easy to heat up food later. 

But to be honest, who of us is perfect?  We can all say what we would and should do, but you never really know how much it takes to be a parent (a good parent) until you are one.



nope, not cheaper.  easier.

i cant sympathize with her. if she wasnt prepared to do everything it takes to offer her kids a healthy and happy lifestyle, then she either shouldnt have had so many, or none at all.  there is no excuse in that sense in my eyes.

and i agree, which is why i plan on having kids. i know i have the drive to offer them a healthy life.  i dont care how busy work and life is for you, it takes you 10 mins to prep a delicious and simple dinner, 20-40 mins to cook generally unattended.  theres no reason why you cant do that for your kids. and after a certain age you can get them to HELP you with cooking and cleanup of dinner.

im not perfect, but im not about to slack in the name of convenience on my kids.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984991 -

FatMamaCheezcake said:
MisterMuscaria said:
Agreed, people spend too much on overpriced "instant" health food as opposed to cooking their own.
Candybars as well as many junkfoods arent cheap. An apple is about $0.30, free if you grow it , a candybar is about $1.75



I was talking about meals, not snacks. And what about when you live in an apt, and can't have a garden?



i am in an apartment and have a decent sized garden. most apartments dont mind you tearing up grass and making a garden area so long as you keep up with it and it looks good.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: FatMamaCheezcake]
    #8984997 -

Freeway is a great movie too :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8984998 -

Toasty: lol @ :naughty: and thank you.. I dislike the saddy fatties myself... or mopey ppl in general.. I think (to be cliche`) that life is 20% shit that happens and 80% what you do with it.

Doom: lol  fat and in shape.. I have a shape.. it's called the beehive. I think I know what you mean tho. I live a fairly active life, and I could prolly kick that Platinum dude's ass if he slept with my gf  =o P

30 Cent: Sorry, I was also responding to the dude who said he had his own garden. When I lived in Michigan, I had my own garden too, fresh veggies and berries every night.  At the moment, I'm a live-in staff, in the middle of a desert under a water shortage, and can't really have a garden either. Not to mention the fact that my garden would have to be FDA approved due to the type of job I have. That doesn't really matter tho, since we eat lotsa fruits and veggies anyway.  It'd be nice to grow my own again, though.  I miss huge beefsteak tomatoes every day for frizzle.


--------------------
"There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand.. and they are PISSED OFF!"

   

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused." -Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: doom876]
    #8985003 -

doom876 said:
It's ok to be fat, if you are in shape(like meXD)

Kids are fat because they eat bad, and don't exersize. Sad, but personal choices lead to personal consequences.



ill agree that there are OVERWEIGHT people that are in shape. ive seen guys that you would think are fatties but are pretty fucking solid underneath that sheath of blubber. :smile:  but most fat people are not in shape.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fat Children [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8985030 -

Most of the time mother or father is just as fat.


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* On-Topic Fat Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
fireworks_godS 12,200 150 01/29/07 06:05 PM
by fireworks_god
* XBOX 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
bf6 9,947 96 09/26/05 10:22 PM
by sh0e
* Nintendo Wii
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DarkFluFFy 6,954 71 05/18/06 01:54 AM
by HeadTripVertigo
* Fat Kids
( 1 2 all )
Retired 4,384 37 03/07/16 02:07 PM
by Patlal
* McDonald's sells toy SUV's to children Silversoul 2,746 13 08/11/06 07:42 PM
by I2ancid
* Nintendo > Sony
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,832 26 05/09/05 01:19 PM
by MAIA
* Fat Americans
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Amatoxin 13,056 154 08/03/06 03:13 PM
by eligal
* Nintendo Wii
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 3,713 32 11/20/06 11:07 PM
by learning_byte

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,335 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.