Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineerectronik

Loc: zeitung unter den See
The Bible and the clergy
    #752328 - 07/17/02 01:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Have they built nothing out of something?
Or something out of nothing?

have fun!

--------------------
"Hallucinogens can be like talking to a really talented salesman: beware of what you can sell yourself." - J.L.C.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: erectronik]
    #752569 - 07/17/02 07:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The clergy are parasites, they prey on the emotional weaknesses of the masses, their fear, ignorance, insecurities, and desire for meaning and understanding of their confused existence. They provide a valuable service for the weak minded who are unable to stand up to the concept of the unknown without a scaffolding of wishes and myths providing stability underneath their shaky mental base.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: ]
    #752583 - 07/17/02 07:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Please do NOT attempt to disassemble my frail scaffolding.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #752896 - 07/17/02 09:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Both , but none is good.
Parasites they are.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #753172 - 07/17/02 11:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You're a brave one erectronik.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #753237 - 07/17/02 11:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Jesus was the man. The pope is the anti christ.

--------------------

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #753473 - 07/17/02 01:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They provide a valuable service for the weak minded who are unable to stand up to the concept of the unknown without a scaffolding of wishes and myths providing stability underneath their shaky mental base.

Yes! And that is their reason to exist. I see those "weak minded" people as sheeps . They absolutely need a "wise" shepherd to guide them and to tell them which herbs they can eat and wich not.
I wouldn' t like to live in a place full of confused and disoriented sheeps.
Baah! Baah! Baah!

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
    #754974 - 07/18/02 12:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the latter.

--------------------
overgrow

Offlinewhy
journeyman
    #756127 - 07/18/02 12:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

>The clergy are parasites, they prey on the emotional weaknesses of the masses

Many members of the clergy not only do a lot of good in this world, but I suspect that many of them are a lot more genuinely spiritual than you are. You obviously aren't the first person to put these arguments before: that anyone who participates in orthodox religion is "weak minded" - that they need the crutch of religion. Has it occured to you that YOU might be the weak minded one who just goes along with what most other people believe? that you don't have anything intelligent to say on the matter because you are trying too hard to look intelligent?

Anonymous

Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: why]
    #756255 - 07/18/02 01:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Many members of the clergy not only do a lot of good in this world, but I suspect that many of them are a lot more genuinely spiritual than you are.
'A lot of good in this world' is rather nebulous terminology and can be considered a matter of opinion. As far as being 'more genuinely spiritual' than I am, if you mean making wishes to and attempting to massage the ego of a mythical invisible amorphous gaseous being with the temperament and manners of a spoiled child, yes I guess they must be 'more genuinely spiritual' than I am.

Has it occured to you that YOU might be the weak minded one who just goes along with what most other people believe?
Your ignorance is showing. Obviously you haven't read any of my posts (of course a lot were deleted when there was a server crash) except for this one. What indication have I given that I am one who just goes along with what most other people believe?

that you don't have anything intelligent to say on the matter because you are trying too hard to look intelligent?
What does that mean, to 'look intelligent?' Should I shave off my beard and remove my glasses and pocket protector? Perhaps I should stop wearing white socks and scuffed up dress shoes with plaid dress pants that are two inches too short. Is there too much grease in my hair?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #756262 - 07/18/02 01:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dear God, no! Leave the pocket protector. The ink stains will clash with your maddress bow tie.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #756423 - 07/18/02 02:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm quite sure Jesus Christ would be offended by what is now the Chatholic Church.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: Zahid]
    #757699 - 07/18/02 10:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm quite sure Jesus Christ would be offended by what is now the Chatholic Church.

Yep, the Fightin' Jesus would probably dust off his boots and line them all up for a good stompin'.

Wait a second... ZAHID!! Are you suggesting that Jesus? would actually be upset with dogmatism? You can't be serious... why, if I recall correctly... wait... yes, it WAS Jesus? that reamed the pharisees back in the day. Hmm, I guess The Church? must've skipped over that part of the Bible. Oh well... I guess we'll have to wait for the second coming to clear up that little "oversight".

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: Sclorch]
    #757907 - 07/19/02 01:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

no offense intended but in my own personal opinion i think you are so friggin wrong dude. what do you really know about the catholic church? what you been told? by who....people who hate the church? ever heard of rumors? what can you prove more than, "i got it off the web"?
and even more importantly, don't you realize that the universe is infinite and therefore there are infinite possibilities. that means the everything is right is some way and yet everything is wrong. infinity. so why are catholics wrong? why are muslims wrong? does that work for them? then for them, they are doing their best. i believe i'm right. but you believe you're right, but in all reality, we are both right. the only person who is wrong is one who preaches, bashes or hates on anything. see, look at it this way, God is perfect. no matter what you call god. i mean, one of the definitions of god is perfection...if the earth is your god. the earth is perfect. it runs without flaw. MAN fucks it up. if the christian god is your god. god is perfect, his church is perfect...MAN fucks it up...but these things all manage to last despite the damage we give them. in reality even if you believe there is no God....beleive your are god...you still fuck up, everybody does. that's man. we are finite beings...see, all religions are fine, but all people have evil in them. ghengis kahn did what he did for his religion...the japanese invaded china for religion...aztecs slaughtered thousands more than christians ever raped and murdured in the crusades and the most frequently lied about, the inquisition. all for religion. so where those peoples all christians? no. why do people rag on christians the most? because they were raised with it, and the know it better than others. and rebellion is a fashion statement in this day and age. all we need is love and peace and tolerance. no segregation. people are people, just get along, it's so simple.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinewhy
journeyman
    #758283 - 07/19/02 07:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

'A lot of good in this world' is rather nebulous terminology and can be considered a matter of opinion. As far as being 'more genuinely spiritual' than I am, if you mean making wishes to and attempting to massage the ego of a mythical invisible amorphous gaseous being...'

and by the same token it is a matter of opinion that that is what the clergy spend their time doing.

The arguments in your first post I have used before myself, when I discussed religion with other people as a child of 10 years old. They just seem a little immature to me, have you been reading the Satanic Bible recently?

Most everyone believes that they think for themselves... that they are an "individual" unlike the rest of the sheep... when you grow up a little you will realize you are just as much a victim of cultural conditioning as the "weak minded" people you look down on, if not more so.

Offlinewhy
journeyman
    #758397 - 07/19/02 08:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What does that mean, to 'look intelligent?' Should I shave off my beard and remove my glasses and pocket protector?

whiterastahippie put it better than me:

"rebellion is a fashion statement in this day and age"

That is what I ment when I said you were trying to look intelligent.

Anonymous

Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: why]
    #758600 - 07/19/02 09:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The arguments in your first post I have used before myself, when I discussed religion with other people as a child of 10 years old. They just seem a little immature to me, have you been reading the Satanic Bible recently?
What is maturity in your view? Following a set dogma and looking to clergy to interpret the bible for you? Why the reference to the Satanic Bible, are you afraid that demonic thoughts might be engulfing another naive young mind? Yes, that's probably it, we must save our young boys for the Catholic priests and our young girls for the preachers.

Most everyone believes that they think for themselves... that they are an "individual" unlike the rest of the sheep... when you grow up a little you will realize you are just as much a victim of cultural conditioning as the "weak minded" people you look down on, if not more so.
You still have no clue as to who I am or my mode of thinking and continue with your first ill conceived notions. How old must I be to 'grow up' and realize my status of victim? What is my cultural conditioning? How do you know?

"rebellion is a fashion statement in this day and age"
That is what I ment when I said you were trying to look intelligent.

Again you make another statement based on your own fantasy thinking about a person you know nothing about. What makes you think that I'm into current fashions, be they garments or behavior?

Is this the same mode of thinking that you use in coming to conclusions about religion? Make a quick assumption based on your own prejudices and maintain your assumptions with no further attempt to understand what you don't know. This is the apparent line of reasoning you have used to construct your mental model of me. Your reasoning is seriously flawed in this instance (understanding another human), what makes you think it works better when addressing the weightier task of understanding the nature of all that is?

Edited by Anonymous (07/19/02 09:40 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #758852 - 07/19/02 11:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

*clap clap clap clap clap*

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: The Bible and the clergy [Re: Sclorch]
    #759276 - 07/19/02 02:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sclorch.. in the eyes of people who believe in God, Jesus and other prophets, the only religions that exist are the ones that worship false gods... so they're called religions. 2002 years ago, if you were to say "Religion is stupid" to Jesus, he would say "Yes, it is. Submit to the Creator." Jesus didn't intend for his message to be split up into sects that bicker with each other. To me, Islam is NOT a religion, but a way of life that is the truth (you'll probably disagree with me completely though).. Consider all three abrahamic faiths were a result of divine inspirations, they wouldn't be considered religions.

Would jesus be upset with the institution that is now the Catholic Church? Probably. It was the Catholic Church that called upon a bunch of kings to send troops to the holy land and killed all the Arabs in the area.

Would Jesus be upset with the concept of people worshipping and obeying God? No way.

--------------------

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #760385 - 07/19/02 11:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

there is a breed of people in this world who inhabit the chairs behind computer screens, or coffee shops, or bars. they use big words to confuse you and to make themselves feel better. they keep going on and on and on about things like...religion. they like to start arguements that usually wind around to bashing christianity. why? because they are so bitter inside. they have no inner peace. argueing with them in like argueing with a schizophrenic. you go round and round. you will never prove them wrong. you will never prove them right. because either way, that would end the conflict, and conflict. conflict...they feed on it. like a parasite on a host. they drink hate like water. what they say APPEARS to make since because they say it with passion. but on closer examination...there are more holes in what they say then there are in a window screen. you say, "let's not fight" they say something crazy and repetitave. some of these "haters" have started wars in the past...maybe you know them. hitler? stalin?
kkk comes to mind. but they never started a war.
after running into this breed in every religion chatroom on every server you go to. you realize that for whatever their reasons are, they HATE the christian god. and they think they can change things and make themselves feel better by bashing him and the whole christian religion. the only problem is, they won't ever be happy that way. because every time some one disagrees with them, they go ballistic.
this breed of person is wild, but if you argue with them enough, you realize that they say nothing new. ever. at all. in fact, go to yahoo chat and go into an athiest chatroom. they bash christians non stop. why just christians? doesn't atheist come from the greek root words meaning "no God"? it does....so why the christian God in particular? oh yeah...they got it shoved down their throats, now they're adults and they want to shove something back.
they'll try to say they just hate organized religion in general. but when they talk, it's really just about christians most of the time. they are everywhere though, just go to the places i go....look, i'm a devout catholic who goes to gothic clubs and mormon churches. i go anywhere and everywhere i can observe people. i would really love to someday figure out why this breed hates christians more than anybody.
look i'm a devout catholic who won't shove what i think is true down your throat. why? because i used to be an athiest. before that a protestant...why am i catholic? because i studied religion from the roots up. from the history books. from all sides. not just the baptist side, or the catholic side, or the muslim side, or the jewish side, or the buddhist side...you get the picture. i studied it and found this to be flawless for me. it works for me. it works good.
wait, did i just say i KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE AND DON'T BLINDLY FOLLOW THE CLERGY? if i didn't say those exact words, i should have...let me say them again: i KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE AND DON'T BLINDLY FOLLOW THE CLERGY.

DUDE...understand me here for two seconds. yeah you, the one who is bashing so hard. pull your head out of your ass and look around. you think what you are saying is original....it's not, i used to think it was too. it's NOT. right after i became catholic, i would go into religious chatrooms and debate for HOURS on end. then i figured out something. it's stupid and pointless. people don't want to hear what i have to say. they want to bash because it makes them feel good...until they hear the response, then they get even more mad, use even bigger words...sometimes even resorting to a dictionary so as to sound even more intelligent...and bash more. then they feel good. until they hear the response. it's an endless cycle dude.
you should chill, and try to see some other peoples point of view. it helps alot. i mean, some of the things you've said about the catholic church. oh my god! they are so far out there and wrong. lol. i mean, it's no surprise, it's typical anti catholic propaganda. it gets funny after...years of it.
but hey, crap will come out my ass, and dumbass people will always bash. somebodies got to teach the rest of us patience.

peace and harmony to all and let the rasta love flow!

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology