Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Cambodia Syringe RECALL need some feed back also [Re: Lizard King]
    #73777 - 02/11/00 10:45 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Yo, Ryche - When I first read this and got your e-mail, I was bummed. I had been looking forward to these Cambodians you spoke of and as soon as I got them in the mail the spores met the jars. That was on Groundhog Day. So on the 8th, six days after inoculation, nothing was happenining and I was dissapointed. However, I peeked at my jars earlier today
the 10th and - lo and behold - germination!!!! I had originally injected 3 jars of quinoa and verm and 2 jars of brown riceflour and verm and 2 jars of wheat flour and verm. The quinoa jars started smelling real nasty so I ditched them, but now I see great germination in the brown rice jars, I see a bit of germination in the wheat jars, but not as much.
I also shot some of those spores into a honey water mix, and that seemed to work really well. I think I'm going to use that for some birdseed cakes.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that Cambodian batch #5 has germinated for me. I hope to fruit in a few weeks, wish me luck!
Also, thanks for your honesty in this post and all your communications. Peace! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyounger now
old hand
    #73780 - 02/11/00 11:59 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps another glimmer. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but the friend I coached thru innoculation on fri. Feb. 4th (six jars,cambie#5,BRF/verm.) says he has some small "fuzzy white stuff" at several innoc. spots. As I said, I haven't visually confirmed this as he is two counties away, but it sounds promising. I'll keep ya toasted...er, posted. Really slow, but we'll cross our fingers.

--------------------
"My Brain Hurts!!!!".....Monty Python :crazy:

Anonymous

#73781 - 02/11/00 05:48 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Just wanted to let everyone know that, in my case, Ryche has been generous beyond the call of duty and extremely eager to rectify this situation. I'm sure he's treated every other customer at least as well... I just thought that should be noted.

I hope everyone is as honest with him as he has been with us.

GT

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #73782 - 02/11/00 07:03 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73783 - 02/11/00 11:23 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Well Mad Max and Younger now....

Instead of having you disappointed later.. let me drop it on you now.
those little spots... will take a long long time to fully colonize the jars. Like months if they dont get hit by contams.
I can send you new syringes of the true cambodian performance wihtin 2 weeks, you can inoculate.. and i'll bet you'll birth and havest those mushrooms before those jars, that you've had for this week, are even birthed!!! NO shit.. the cams are that fast normally.

You can let them sit if you want.. but I'm just giving your fair warning... dont expect much.

For research purposes....if you dont need the jars or space, let them grow. Let me send you new ones.. and see if I'm right :smile:

I had this same problem recently with some unsealed, poorly prepared spore prints from another company. The spores were sent in an unsealed package, inside and envelope, with a box of compost. I was shocked when I seen it, espcecially after paying top dollar for this compost.
So after a lot of hard work of several times of making syringes, and substrate.. and agar plates.... I didnt get any germination at all. Needless to say I was pretty bummed ... and really disappointed. Then finally, one of the jars showed some little small spots of growth on the second attempt, 10 days later, and 20 days later was barely growing.
After 1 attempt on agar, with many plates, and many parts of the prints taken, nothing, 1st sryinge attempt failed, 2nd attempt produced these small spots.

So I looked at at the few small spots and seen some rhizo growth on 2 of them, and decided the best way to get this Malaysian Cubensis growing was to take these small spots of healthy growth and put them on fresh agar plates. It worked. They rocked the agar plates and now they sit... waiting for me to catch up with this cam syringe problem and give them the TLC with some other agar plates the attention they deserve.

My point being... that was a lot damn work, making the syringes, several batches of substrate.. and even worse.. making the agar plates and doing agar work. Anybody that does agar work a lot knows this is a lot of hard work.... I personally hate it...but it has to be done sometimes.....

Anyway... yes I always have been and always will be one of you.... a consumer as well.....I expect quality back as I put it out. So I feel like shit that these cambodian spores dropped some weak spores that dyed off quick and now some ppl are having problems with them and putting in their hard work only to be disappointed.
I know what it feels like.. been there many of times.... not just with this example above..... but I wont go into the others or who they were.

Its my job to bring you "the rain" ... to make all this easier on you, bring you the spore water .... so you dont have to go through all this trouble with wild strains....or any other strain for that matter, or haveing to make your own syringes.... or haveing to learn about agar and doing all that work.... www.thehawkseye.com makes it easier on you...so you can enjoy these sacred mushrooms as much as I and my friends have.
It is one of my gifts from God to share with you...... :smile:

So anyway....This incredable wild strain just bit me in the ass... and I've learned a big lesson....but the problem has been solved and business as usual soon....

Thanks for all the kind and postive posts and email support... man you ppl are great!!!

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 12, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#73784 - 02/12/00 09:41 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ryche, first of all, good work on the ethical resolution of this problem. Secondly, if this helps at all: The problem you're describing fits what happened to me about a year ago with an Ecuador syringe I got from you. There was no growth for almost 4 weeks, then growth began. Perhaps that can help you pin point the problem. Could it be related to the age of the spores?

OfflineNyar15
    #73785 - 02/12/00 02:53 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I innoculated 12 jars on 2/1 using 2 syringes total from batch #5. 1/2 of the jars were BRF/verm, the other half were finch seed. While this was my first time growing I was very careful and used sterile processes (although I didn't use Ramsey seals...just verm). After thinking I had cooked all my spores to death (I accidently incubated at over 100 degrees for over 3 hours on the BRF and for 1 hour on the finch seed), I was sad because I saw no growth after 4 days. Then on the fifth day, a couple of the finch seed jars started to germinate. Now 11 days after initial innoculation, ALL the jars have healthy growth (a couple are almost fully colonized even); and most jars are showing really thick rhizomorphic strands. If all goes well, hopefully within the next few days many of the jars will be fully colonized and begin to pin in the jar. Once this happens I will probably try to case a few of the cakes, and then let at least two of the remaining cakes just sit in my terarium on plastic jar lids. Anyway, I have two syringes of Cambodia strain #5 left, both sitting in my fridge. If these 12 jars work out, I will use the remaining syringes, and keep you updated on what they do. So far, I am very happy with my spores Rych. I definitely plan on ordering from you again (EQs and/or Amazonias, and later on probably the Pan Cyan. once I get a little more confident with my techniques). Thanks!

--Nyar15

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73786 - 02/12/00 07:17 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the feedback.

Nyar15, well I"m still puzzled. Been getting similiar emails as your post. Some ppl are getting dalayed germination, then bam, they take off. Very stange. Luckily those syringes were clouded with spores, so even though most have died off, there are plenty still active to get the jars going.
The other ppl seeing this have their incubating and higher temps of 85F as well.

-peace-

BTW everyone, I'm buried in emails right now, so it may take me a couple days to get back to you, but I will read and respond to them all.

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#73787 - 02/13/00 01:22 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

****update

I now have 4/6 jars showing germination, from the ones that have germinated, not much growth yet, but patience is a virtue. Ryche, I'd have no problem w/ you sending me more spores to make you feel at ease, especially if they would colonize before these jars get done, I'd be all for it. Hopefully though, I will get some nice growth soon, I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous

#73788 - 02/13/00 01:22 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by MadMax_5 (edited February 13, 2000).]

Offlinetoad
journeyman
    #73789 - 02/14/00 12:48 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

no sweat Ryche, I am still trying to enjoy the b+ and GC you sent me. Thanks again

OfflineSAKDESIGN
Stranger
    #73790 - 02/14/00 11:02 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ryche, I ordered some spores from you towards the end of december and the Cambodians were among them. They were from batch #3 and I have seen only minimal, and very, very slow growth. Are these among the ones you are recalling? If so what do you want me to do with the ones I have now, send them back to you? Also I can;t get the e-mai on your site to work.

HOwever I do want to thank you for the EQ spores. They are growing fast and strong. Really a wonderful, wonderful product.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73791 - 02/14/00 08:14 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Heya Sakdesign...

my email addy is thehawkseye@home.com

i'm buried in emails right now from this and others just sending me general tek questions, so it might be a couple days before I get to yours. Be patient though, I'll get to them all eventually.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 14, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#73792 - 02/14/00 11:38 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

*** update ****

now 5/6 jars showing growth of 1/4 - 1" across, not too shabby....

Anonymous

#73793 - 02/15/00 07:44 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

After hearing so much concern, and call for feedback from Ryche, I am going to place an order. I am a newbie at this, growing my first flush of PF jems. But after hearing all of this, I just gotta try these little Cambodian beauties!

Chap

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #73794 - 02/15/00 09:24 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

This problem with the cambodian spores is definitely just a freak occurance. I made a few syringes of my own with some prints I took. I inoculated friday morning at roughly 11:00am. First sign of germination was on saturday a 10:30pm. Just under 36 hours after inoculation!!! By far the fastest germination time I've ever seen.

I'm finally getting a casing that is flushing nicely and is worth taking pics of. I'll try and post a few images in the next week or so when I return my broken scaner for a new one. The high from this strain is incredible. It is definitely my new favorite. I have started all of my freinds with this awesome strain, and so far they all love it as much as I do.

Anyway, don't loose faith in this strain, it is definitely one to add to the collection. Yea its still just another cubie, but its a nice one.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate