Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Cambodia Syringe RECALL need some feed back also
    #73758 - 02/07/00 11:21 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ever since my first syringe I've been coming back to you Ryche. Its because I know that you are an honest person. I've E-mailed you before telling you how much I appreiciate your help and customer service. I know that you'll make things right with the cambo syringes. I hope you get this strain figured out because it truely is as good as you preach it to be. Not only was it the fastest I've seen yet, it gave one of the best trips for a cubensis that I've experianced yet. It was a very visual, colorful journey through the mind. Also very long lasting effects in my opinion. The trip lasted nearly 8 hours! But it was a very memorable trip, very soothing to the soul. Thanks again Ryche, I can't say it enough :wink: I hope you get this strain back on the availability list soon. This is definitely one to share with many. I

I don't know if this means shit or not, but I've made 4 syringes myself of the cambodian strain. Every jar inoculated showed growth within four days. So far I'm getting the same results as with the syringes you sent. Again I don't know if this means shit or not, just thought it might help?

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cambodia Syringe RECALL need some feed back also [Re: Lizard King]
    #73759 - 02/08/00 10:13 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ok.. to make a long story short, I think the 1st flush, 1st generation spores, from wild to domesticated, produced some weak spores.

From what I've seen, they're not holding up in syringes well at all. There dying out after a couple weeks to a month in the spore water.

I'm waiting back on an email from a friend who has the 2nd flush prints from these 1st gen prints in spore water now for over a month and asking him to recheck them and see how they are doing.

I have several other patches now of second gen spores, as well as 2nd, 3rd flush from the 1st gen patches.

I started suspecting this a few weeks back when a few ppl were saying they were only getting spotty growth from batch #1, spotty or no growth from batch #2, and now from reports almost no growth from batch #3.

The 3 other batches I made of #4,#5,#6 are showing no growth what so ever after retesting them the 2nd time.

All the glass slide prints I sent out are from the 2nd flush, 1st gen, and I'm hearing from several experienced growers the spores are healthy and viable.

I took some of the 1st flush prints and put them on agar to see if their is much life to them.

I've have several batches made up, of 2nd gen prints from other casings without any preservatives in them, and only distilled water. They've been sitting a couple weeks but I'm going to wait another week before I pull any test syringes.

This is all only my theory for now, I've never seen spores slowly die out like this so fast. The only thing I could really think of is they didn't react well to the natural preservative. Or it might have something to do with them being from a wild species to domesticated, not sure. Still very puzzled on this one.

One thing I did notice different about the mushrooms was the first 2 casings, 1st gen domesticated patches, were a very light colored mushrooms as they were wild in Cambodia. Even some albinos were in there.
Both of the other patches, 2nd gen, which were from the jars of substrate from spores used to test the cams batch #1,#2, and #3, all grew very fast and healthy, and produced some beautiful golden color mushrooms, instead of the light albino color. I doubt this has much relevance, but just a note.

This whole thing has me boggled, because this strain is so fast and vigorous, and potent, and so easy to grow, is a very heavy spore depositor, as if it wants to spread its seed desperatly, why would the first spores dropped from it die out so quickly?

Anyway, I should have my testing done by late
febuary and start shipping them again.

Thanks for all the feedback and support I've been getting.
From what I'm hearing about batch #3 is a few ppl got spotty growth, like there were a few spores still alive and active, but most got nothing. I think the longer these batches sit the more and more spores are dying off.

So fair warning, if you have any of these batches your probably wasting your time using these syringes, and just wait on the new ones.

How depressing, one of the nicest cubensis I've ever seen, and ended up giving me all these problems. Go figure.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 08, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #73760 - 02/08/00 10:47 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

]

[This message has been edited by Psychonaut (edited January 08, 2001).]

--------------------
FungusFun.com

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #73761 - 02/08/00 10:53 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#73763 - 02/08/00 04:32 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

i was asking me if there is a person in the world of mushies that puts as much passion as you ryche in the quality of your work....
Ryche!!! Keep in it man!!!!! thank you for your work!!!!
Nacho

Offlineyounger now
old hand
    #73764 - 02/08/00 04:44 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ryche, I can't give you first hand info. yet but I just "coached" a friend through innoculation of six jars of brown rice flour/verm. mix with your #5 camb. batch. (innoc. friday the 4th) I'll keep you posted here or e-mail.

--------------------
"My Brain Hurts!!!!".....Monty Python :crazy:

Anonymous

#73765 - 02/08/00 06:07 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

You never cease to amaze me Ryche :smile:. By the by, wassup dude.., I think I owe you a thing or too. Those cam's sound scrumcious.

Ryche's the real deal ladies and gentleman!

InvisibleRipper
enthusiast
    #73766 - 02/08/00 06:41 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ryche, I know that you will overcome this slight setback. You are a great Spore provider, and I can't see this one getting you down. On a side note, after talking with a couple of experienced people regarding the mystery of the Cambodians. It may not be related to the strain's recent isolation from the wild, but rather that the strain has a dormancy factor. Some strains, a mexican one specifically, the spores are fertile upto 30 days after printing, and then they go into a dormancy for upto 6 months. Not saying this is what it is...just a thought.

OfflineGadget
addict

#73767 - 02/08/00 07:25 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Your the MAN Ryche, and your post is just another of the many reasons why!

I wish I could send you some bottled time, but the quantum physists haven't figured out how yet :smile:

If you need someone to experiment on I would be happy to purchase some test batches of spores and provide feed back.

Peace
/Gadget

Anonymous

#73768 - 02/08/00 04:54 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Greetings & Salutations!
Ryche, my friend, I feel that you need NO words to defend yourself, nor any to justify your character.....you have shown us all your love, patience and consistancy. NO ONE has the right to question you! It bothers me deeply that ANY ONE would question your morals and values based on these, nature's, circumastances. This is why we all stand around you at this moment, as friends and colleagues, who value you.
Also, I have an unused #1 which is at your disposal.

------------------
"Who is John Galt?"

Anonymous

#73769 - 02/09/00 01:23 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Ryche, what other strains do you have that grow quickly, besides the cambodia? With the same grwoing conditions as cambodia.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73770 - 02/09/00 02:31 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all the kind commets, support, and positive feedback, here and in all the emails I'm getting. I never new how much I was appreciated until now :smile:
Some really great ppl in the mushroom community who are very understanding that problems like this are going to occur from time to time when working with a live subject from nature and domesticating it.

Well, here is some good news.
From all the feedback I've received and looking at my own experiments, the problem only seems to be from the spores the 1st flush of these 1st generation wild to domesticated patches produced.
I made a batch #7 sometime back with 2nd flush spores, let them sit a couple weeks, pulled a test syringe, and just checked those jars again. Although they took 5 days to start germination, 5 days later they are 60% colonized with very rhizo and healthy growth which is typcial of the cambodians. My incubating temps were only at 75F I noticed, had I bumped them up some more they probably would have started germinating on day 3.
So this is encouraging news. I'll give them another week, and pull another test syringe, which means they would have been sitting for over a month. If they give the same good results, then its definatly a sign that only the 1st flush spores are the ones dying out so quickly. Also hearing back from ppl with the glass prints I sent, which were 2nd flush spores, I'm hearing they are doing great.

A little bad news, #4,#5,#6 batch, only #6 is showing any life at all. So those of you with those syringe batch #'s, dont even waste your time with them, just wait for the new strong batches.

About 1/2 the ppl with batches #2, #3 didnt get any growth at all. A few with minimul growth, started off in patches, then is picking up, but taking 3-4 weeks too fully colonize.. a little slow for the cambodians, probably because most of the spores died.
And then there are some that just had fantastic results and were lucky enough to see the fast speed and quick colonization of the cams. I"m guessing these ppl used the syringes right away. Most of these ppl are from batches #1 and #2.

Some ppl are emailing me asking if there is a contamination problem with the syringes or those that are already harvesting cambodians mushrooms, if there is contamination problem with the mushrooms.

The answer is no. This is not a contamination problem, merely some flushes that produced some spores that die off fast. You will, and should enjoy those mushrooms immensly :smile:

Well.... although the 1st batches from the 1st generation, 1st flush spores may have died off quickly and caused myself, and some of you unecessary work, or disappointment, all other flushes so far are producing some nice heatlhy spores. Those glass prints of the cambodians I sent out are from 2nd flush as well, and ppl such as Shroom-Mage and Nacho, very experienced ppl, said they are working fine for them.

So I should have all this sorted out real soon and you will all get to see why I and some others have been so impressed with the cambodians.

Well, thats about it for now. I'm working my ass off to correct this and get the cams going out again as well as answer some emails in between and I'm continuing to send orders as usual, just no cams for now.

Thanks again for all the kind, and positive emails and posts, you ppl are GREAT !!!

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 09, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #73771 - 02/09/00 02:41 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Bravo, Ryche. Once again, you stand above the rest. Some people might say we're kissing your ass, but so what. You frickin deserve it. I've never seen someone run a business so honestly. I'm sorry you had a setback. I hope it's not stressing you out too much. You'll pull through, and your customers will still be here when you do, me included.

Link

------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created...
This made a lot of people angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73772 - 02/09/00 02:44 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Lizard King:
You noticed the long lasting high of the cams as well :smile: I noticed that myself.. the trip lasted much longer then other cubensis I've eaten, and I even ate them in small 2 gram doses. Very nice high.

Link: The mexi cubs are fast and flush nicely. Especially the newest patches. I used spores that Mr. G had sent me along time ago saying they had "full bandwidth" of genes from some of his early work. I did notice they grew much larger then usual, still with that beautiful yellow spotted large cap.
The A strain is very fast as well. The plantaisa's are pretty quick, so are the GC/Alabamas....

I'm going to post a bunch of pictures in the next few days of a lot of new patches of various strains.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 09, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#73773 - 02/09/00 04:07 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Yea man, the trip was from the cambo's was definitely long lasting, and very visual. In my opinion, they are the first strain of cubensis to top Equadors great high. I've always said Eq was my favorite for the high it gives until I tried the cambodia's. Although far as yeilds go, the EQ definitely fruit and yeild much more than the cambodian strain(so far) I've been getting very small sparse fruits from the cambo's. Not quite what I expected. This is probably do to my recent lazzyness in casing. Which leads me to my question for you Ryche.

I noticed in some of your pics, you don't use trays to case in. You simply case directly on perlite. I'm thinking thats what I'll try next. Just wondering how well it works for you.

Far as colonization speed, the cambo's whipped Equadors ass in fastest time. And when breaking apart the cambo cakes to case, it was very very strandy inside. Definitely a stong mycelium network.

BTW: You said the people who had sucsess with the cambodian strain must have used the syringes right away. I used mine december 29, 3 days before new years. So I guess thats why My jars grew so well. And the new jars that I have growing from the syringes I made are showing the same kick ass speedy growth :smile:

The Lizard,

I know its a shitty pic, and I have better ones but my scanner broke. Anyway this some sucsess I had with the EQ strain from you Ryche. This is why I love it soooo much, its a thick and easy fruiter. I want trays of cambos like this! Guess I'll keep tryin' :smile:

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited February 09, 2000).]

--------------------

InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #73774 - 02/09/00 04:10 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I like that Hawk guy!! He's a people person!!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73775 - 02/09/00 07:08 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Wow.. thats quite a nice flush of ecuadors there LK. I'm sure the cambodians will flush like that as well for you, just get over that laziness you mentioned :wink:

I dont put my casings directly on the perlite, there is a 1/4" layer of casing soil put on the perlite first, then the sliced cakes, then the casing soil. Works well, but I'm also growing these outdoors in a greenhouse. Its so much easier to control and beat any contamination outdoors. Some natural organisms missing indoors that help the mycelium beat off most contamination is my theory.

Lk, yeah, you got the spore syringes #1 shortly after they were made and hadn't started dying off yet. And it sounds like the spores you got from your flushes produced some good heatlhy active spores as well.
I'm pretty sure it was just a fluke thing the first flush of the 1st gen domesticated patches produced these fast dying spores.

I'll post some more pics soon of other 2nd gen patches of the cambodian and some great pics of the mexi' cubs and supposedly az/cub hyrbrid strain that did produce some azure shaped caps.

Much work to do.... just taking a break from the lab.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#73776 - 02/10/00 11:03 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Well I just preppared my casing bed on the perlite with no tray at all. I layed down approx. 3/4" of moist potting soil, then 1/2" moist verm. On top that I layed down my cakes slices and covered with a 50/50 mix of verm/peat. Maybe this will produce better results than my laziness did :smile:

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#73777 - 02/11/00 10:45 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Yo, Ryche - When I first read this and got your e-mail, I was bummed. I had been looking forward to these Cambodians you spoke of and as soon as I got them in the mail the spores met the jars. That was on Groundhog Day. So on the 8th, six days after inoculation, nothing was happenining and I was dissapointed. However, I peeked at my jars earlier today
the 10th and - lo and behold - germination!!!! I had originally injected 3 jars of quinoa and verm and 2 jars of brown riceflour and verm and 2 jars of wheat flour and verm. The quinoa jars started smelling real nasty so I ditched them, but now I see great germination in the brown rice jars, I see a bit of germination in the wheat jars, but not as much.
I also shot some of those spores into a honey water mix, and that seemed to work really well. I think I'm going to use that for some birdseed cakes.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that Cambodian batch #5 has germinated for me. I hope to fruit in a few weeks, wish me luck!
Also, thanks for your honesty in this post and all your communications. Peace! :biggrin: :biggrin:

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73778 - 02/10/00 11:58 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Heya Uriah Heep,
wow.. I'm shocked your seeing growth from the #5 batch.

I chucked them and wrote them off after day 8 on the 2nd test of these batches. Thats just not acceptable to me.
I hope you get good growth from them and they colonize fast enough for you. The free replacement option still holds for you though if you would like them. If they do pick up and fully colonize.. then pleeeeasse give me a break :smile:

I did see some growth in batch #6 on my test jars on day 8... but once again that is not acceptable to me and I dont expect my customers to have to wait that long either.

The cambodians normally colonize on day 3-5 at temps of 75F-85F and fully colonize 1/2 pint jars in 7-12 days.. that is there norm....provided the substrate was prepared correctly, and temps kept correctly, and given enough O2. They also fruit shortly after being birthed. An exceptionally fast and potent strain.

This is the Cambodian Cubensis I know and love, and this is the Cambodian Cubensis I want to share with everyone, and this is what you will all see from the forth coming cambodian syringes, nothing less.

The problem has been identified, and it was fluke thing.

-peace-

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited February 12, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate