Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Cambodia vs, Equador
    #72573 - 01/22/00 01:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't tried the Cambodian's yet, but they are pinning today so it won't be long. I have grown the Eq strain and I'll have to say its quite potent, so far it my favorite cube strain. However the Cambodian strain kicked Eq's ass in colonization time. The Eq took 25 days in half pints to colonize. The camdodian strain took 10 days in half pints. The Cambodian strain also showed the most rhizomophic growth I have ever seen.

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited January 23, 2000).]

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#72575 - 01/22/00 03:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The Cambodian's sound like the kick ass! I know the Ecq's do!!! I just got my cambodian's on agar. I have modified Mage's Myco Chamber with a digital cam to take a pic every hour. I hope to produce a short video on it's growth. Wish me luck!!!

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

Offline12BLate
    #72576 - 01/22/00 05:06 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have not tried the cambodians yet either. In one of Ryches other posts *new* cambodians and other strains. He commets on the high he felt from these.

I am growing them though, cambodian batch no. 2, and they are FAST !!! the fastest cubensis I have seen yet.
The Gulf Coast Alabama strain is also very fast.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#72577 - 01/22/00 05:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thats awesome Mage! I always wanted to try something like that. Hope it works out for you :wink:

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineB.I.O.
old hand
    #72578 - 01/22/00 06:05 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i brought this beautiful EQ strain 10 years ago from ecuador also one down from the amazonas.....the EQ mountain strain i collected in northern ecuador close to otavalo at 10.000 ft altitude....
it was growing at temps around 70 F
and its a slow colonizer....but a shaman told me that the mountainshrooms a clearer and stronger....
ill get a dia scanned from this beautiful place....

BiO.

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #72579 - 01/22/00 08:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72580 - 01/22/00 10:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

My personal observations on the potency.
Both strains are very potent for cubensis.
The ecaudor tend to give more of a relaxed, almost lazy, dreamy high, "I want to be couch potatoe tonight" kind of high. Although a great high, plan on a nice relaxing evening on these.
Yes, Kudos to BIO for bringing this strain back from the Andes 10 years ago :smile:

The cambodians on the other hand, are just the opposite. Very energetic, they wire me but in a nice way, motivating, and the high is a long long smooth come down. Visuals were nice, body noise was almost nil, felt great coming down and the next day from these.
Currently there in my top 3 favorites for cubensis high.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited January 22, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #72581 - 01/22/00 10:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#72582 - 01/23/00 12:32 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited January 23, 2000).]

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72583 - 01/23/00 03:26 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Actually I was mentioning my 3 favorite cubensis highs :smile:

1: Cambodian
2: its a mystery
3: B+

#2 will be available again soon :wink: Fruiting will be happening any day now. I call it the "visual laughing high" this mushroom always gives my eyes a woderfull colorfull journey, keeps a constant smile on my face as with those around me. Basically gives me the giggles.
NON-Cubensis are excluded from this list. The azures, semi's and pan trops are by far my favorite non cubensis highs. In that order.

These are just my favorite highs. This list has nothing to with growing conditions and bueaty...ok.. maybe a little.. but its the high I'm pointing out. The only reason the ecuador didn't make my personal list is because its such a relaxing high... I get extremely lazy and dreamy on it. I prefer mushrooms that wake me up and I want to run around and express my feelings and share my joy and learning experience and energy with those around me. The ecaudors just make me want to to be a couch potatoe most of the time. I cant help but drift off in the music and almost want to sleep and forget to talk to those around me. Definatly not a outdoor camping high for me :smile: Although a very nice high.... just not energetic.
But you know what, my 3 favorite dont matter much, they all deliver a beautiful high. Every strain I carry. I dont carry ones that dont grow well for me or deliver an avove average satisfactory high for me :smile: Its what important to YOU after trying each mushroom several times, which one you feel gives you the peacefull and joyous high your looking for that matters. Not what I think, these are only my opinioins.

Its just like bud, I can barely smoke bud because it makes me really sketchy and paranoid. But some really good fine strains of herb give me a peacefull high. And then there is hash. I can smoke lots and lots of hash and be silly and in control of my psyche all night. I feel numb.. yet great. Hash rocks !!! Where as some buds just make me completly stupid. I hate feeling stupid, so I dont smoke much anymore. Diferent buds effect ppl in different ways,, ,just as differnt mushrooms do.... even cubensis.
Just my 2 cents.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited January 23, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Anonymous

#72584 - 01/23/00 05:38 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ryche- this is off topic, but it's so cool to hear how you feel about bud! I enjoy smoking bud, but do only occassionally because I get paranoid and feel stupid. Specifically, I get paranoid that I'm sounding stupid to people (who will tell me later without fail that I was acting quite sharp and normal.) Shrooms appeal to me because they don't make me feel like that, yet give me that magical altered perspective of the world that most of us are after. Unfortunately, I struggle with anxiety problems when tripping, so that's the downside of shrooms for me. I'm fruiting the Eqs now, so perhaps their tranquil trip you describe will be perfect for me!

GT

Anonymous

#72585 - 01/23/00 06:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

GT-bud makes me feel the exact same way, but I also start feeling paranoid that I not only sound stupid, but I also feel that I look stupid, which makes me withdraw into myself. I am very antisocial on bud, but I do like it when I'm by myself. Now shrooms, are just awsome, as on acid, I have the anxiety problems kind of like what you speak of, but shrooms, I am just totally at peace, unless I'm around someone I don't want to know that I'm on them, which is a bummer...
Oleander

Anonymous

#72586 - 01/23/00 11:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Oleander, don't know if you grow or not, but I've found that growing my own helps somewhat with the anxiety. My anxiety stems from not feeling 'in control' of myself, but I feel much more comfortable experiencing the shrooms I helped to create, as I feel like they are kin, almost. Like we have an understanding of one another.

I guess it's hard to explain without sounding corny, but there you go.

GT

Offlineoldmaverick
enthusiast
    #72587 - 01/23/00 11:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

HASH is it ......
Strangely the active ingredient is one anbd the same, THC .. ever thought about how our minds work and make paranoia a possibility even when it is remote.
Peace,

------------------
Maverick shroomed@rediffmail.com
=====================
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...
very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Anonymous

#72588 - 01/24/00 12:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I just sent away for the combotian today.
Ryche Hawk, I hope to have a fast turn around time.
sorry, just very eager.
my PF strain are just about done fruiting. I'm tripping next week.
Yes!

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72589 - 01/24/00 04:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, anxiety is a problem for most on mushrooms. There are a couple strains that dont produce much anxiety, and there is a way around it with any mushroom you eat.

I would say the ecaudors dont produce much anxiety at lower doeses, but I've seen friends at 2 gram doses, (who dont trip much though) get some real heavy anxiety attacks until I talked them out of it and loosened them up.

Now the mexi-cubs however, is one mushroom that I find does not produce the anxiety attack. Even our notorious friend Moe Howard says the mexi-cubs are his favorite cubensis just because of this fact.
They are a much more subtle high. They come on real slowly, and are not an intense high. They do play pretty heavy on the eyes giving some nice visuals, but just a very smooth subtle ride. In one sense you could say they're not extremely potent. But the high they do deliver is very nice. If you want an extreme intense high from them, then eat about 4+ grams. Another nice thing about the mexi-cub is it flushes a lot. My latest mexi-cub patch flushed 7 times in 6 weeks, and the last flush was almost as big as the first. I pulled them to make room for new patches, no telling how many more times they would have flushed. I probably should have let them go to beat my personal record of 7 flushes :smile:
Also the mazatepecs deliver a more subtle smooth ride,,, very litle anxiety with these also. I have alos had some great spiritual communication on these. They seem to open some unexplored doors for me a few times now.

Another way to lesson the anxiety with the real extemely potent cubensis strains, is only eat about a 1/2 gram at a time. About 20-30 minutes apart. Let the trip come on real slowly, instead of hitting you all at once. With mushrooms like azures and p. cyans I have to eat them like this to avoid major anxiety, especially with azures, they hit you within 10 minutes of eating them.

Back to Mavericks commet about the hash, yes, the main active ingrediant is THC, but have you ever had lots of hash around and smoked it regulary? Its a much smoother, almost numbing high. Hard to explain, but its a different high then bud to me.
Sometime back, I had to give my favorite alien head bong (Commander Zork) away, just couldn't smoke out of it any more. One hit and I was way to stoned to function and carry on a normal conversation...just made me get the extreme "stupids".
What blows me away is ppl that can smoke all day and carry on normal conversations and go to work. But then when they run out of herb they get real ancy and sketchy and irritated and feel uncomfortable without it.

This all sounds so strange to me, since a good 10 years ago I smoked an 1/8th oz a day ... now I can barely touch the stuff :smile:

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Anonymous

#72590 - 01/24/00 06:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The #2 mystery is a Plantasian one, i bet :wink:... McKenna says at the end of his book on growing "smoke a lot of your favorite hash to synergize the behind-the-eyelids hallucinations and prolong them." Anyone found this to be true?

[This message has been edited by StarRover (edited January 24, 2000).]

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #72591 - 01/24/00 09:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ryche: you should write some article about shrooms and highs they give you.
And than put that article in general info, because that is something everybody should read.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72592 - 01/24/00 10:10 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Well, hash and mushrooms go very nice togehter.. but so does a good wheat ale beer with mushrooms :wink:

Crobih, I've thought about posting a trip comparison on my site...but these are only my opinions and observations.

For example, I dont care for the psilocybe cyanescen trip much at all. And I've done them 4 times just to give them a fair chance. They are just way to speedy with to much body noise and pain on my mind,body, and soul.

I haven't had a single good spiritual revelation on them either. Now this is only my opinion. I've read others that agree, and many others that disagree.
Thats why I think everyone should try growing out all the different strains, on a couple different substrates and growing conditions, and try them all a few times each. Perhaps find your own favorites and be your own judge. Compare notes with the friends you share them with. Compare notes with others here how they feel. Once again, just my 2 cents on the highs from all these great mushrooms.

-peace-

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited January 25, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Anonymous

#72593 - 01/24/00 10:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The EQ strain (mine is from Sporechicks) is one of my favorites. I find that it's not a very visual strain, but the mental aspects of the strain are beautiful. Mr. EQ has never done my body wrong (no sickness, even in large amounts) and always dropped me ever so gently back into reality in the morning (like a mother puts her newborne to bed).

In oneness,

Jason

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation