Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Let's talk about love.
    #678527 - 06/14/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I was talking to this girl I know about why in Art women never seem to "worship" men as much as men worship women. You know? I mean, look at shakespeare's sonnets. Or Bob Dylan's "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands". Men just seem to praise women a lot more than women praise men. Anyway, this girl said:

"A man's love for a woman is from the skies, a woman's love for a man is from the earth."

Which struck me as a nice way of putting it. Maybe not the most specific idea for a thread, but let's talk about LOVE! Yeah!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Let's talk about love. [Re: Revelation]
    #678529 - 06/14/02 12:53 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I forgot what love is. lol

I'd like to hear your sad love story, I think I have listened to everyone else's here, I even posted one about 6 months back...

Edited by nugsarenice (06/14/02 12:54 PM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #678531 - 06/14/02 12:55 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

To be in love is Grand.
To fall out of it is bland. I just made that up, hope you care.

Anonymous

#678565 - 06/14/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A woman can carry and bring forth a child from within her body. Once out, the woman can feed the child from food produced by her body. Men can just spread their seed.

A woman can bleed for almost one week out of every four and not die from it.

Women are mysterious to men, even after years of knowing them men will find their ways of thinking incomprehensible. Men are uncomplicated and much easier for women to understand.

Women's bodies are much more interesting than men's.

My mom's a woman. The mother of my children is a woman. I love women.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Let's talk about love. [Re: ]
    #678573 - 06/14/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah.. I was thinking about birth, there is really no experience that a man can have that compares to it.. i mean, it's probably at the level of a death experience, or the experience of actually being born.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #678635 - 06/14/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think to discriminate love based upon one's gender is very limitting indeed. Shakespeare didn't only fall in love with women...many of his sonnets were about men.

Love is love regardless of gender or orientation. To be able to truly love yourself is what allows you to love another. I love all people equally because we are all human; we all share the same fate. Nobody is any better than anyone else. Because of this I love all people; even my "enemies". I've been put in the hospital 3 times in my life due to gay-bashing, I've lost a job once when my employer learned I was gay, and I've been the "victim" of plenty of harrasment back in my college days. But I still love everyone. Ignorance falls from the mental distortions of the mind. I know that given the opportunity all sentient beings will learn to shed hatred and learn to embrace Love.

Love isn't necessarily about being all mushy on someone...it's about knowing how to relate to all people...to see that which we all share in common and to respect each other as equals. Love is knowing when you should set aside your differences and "do the right thing." You may throw a rock at me because you hate me...but should you slide and fall from the cliff you're standing on, I'll still come grab your arm and pull you to safety. That is Love.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #678708 - 06/14/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Women are mysterious to men, even after years of knowing them men will find their ways of thinking incomprehensible. Men are uncomplicated and much easier for women to understand. That's an excellent observation......

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#678712 - 06/14/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think that women DO, in fact , "worship" men through the arts as much as the opposite. But what may be different is the actual quantity that is put out there. I think women who pine for a particular man, are madly and deeply in love with him or simply infatuated with them...well...most are looked at as unstable if they allow theiir feeling to be put out there. NOT always...but many times she is considered to be obsessed. And this can, in turn, give the feel of neediness,clinging, or simply too forward.

A woman might be flattered by a poem written to or about her and a man might feel uncomfortable. This is only my opinion, but I feel SOME women tend to be more subtle in their affection through art simply as precautionary. It is quite a risk, and this I KNOW FOR A FACT, to put ones heart out there in any media and it can feel horrible if those actions lead to said heart being stomped or ripped out and torn to pieces. It can be a very delicate thing,a womans love...yet it runs deep and pure. AND even sometimes..... SILENT Simply out of fear.

BUT..on a side note...there are many women who have not been afraid to let it be known and have put it all out there. I personally like some of the more classic women poets.Try this one out.

Women have loved before as I love now;
At least, in lively chronicles of the past -
Of Irish waters by a Cornish prow
Or Trojan waters by a Spartan mast
Much to their cost invaded - here and there,
Hunting the amorous line, skimming the rest,
I find some woman bearing as I bear
Love like a burning city in the breast.
I think however that of all alive
I only in such utter, ancient way
Do suffer love; in me alone survive
The unregenerate passions of a day
When treacherous queens, with death upon the tread,
Heedless and willful, took their knights to bed.

Edna St. Vincent Millay (1930)

and this one, one of MY favorites, is one of hers as well.

I, being born a woman and distressed
By all the needs and notions of my kind,
Am urged by your propinquity to find
Your person fair, and feel a certain zest
To bear you body's weight upon my breast:
So subtly is the fume of life designed,
To clairfy the pulse and cloud the mind,
And leave me once again undone, possessed.
Think not for this, however, the poor treason
Of my stout blood against my staggering brain,
I shall remember you with love, or season
My scorn with pity, -- let me make it plain:
I find ths frenzy insufficient reason
For conversation when we meet again.

Among other women I enjoy reading poetry from is Anna Akhmatova,ChristinaRosetti, Dorothy Parker, Sylvia Plath and Sappho.

I would love to hear anyone elses choices for women poets. I do also have some more contemporary tstes...I'll leave that for later

~K~

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Let's talk about love. [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #678716 - 06/14/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

All such labels are a product of the mind. Yes biologically men are different from women, but all sentient beings are capable of understanding each other. To wipe away the ignorance our emotions and mind create is to strip away our false-realities of difference in gender.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #679258 - 06/14/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A woman can bleed for almost one week out of every four and not die from it.

But she can make her man bleed every day while slowly killing him.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Let's talk about love. [Re: Swami]
    #679560 - 06/15/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>>But she can make her man bleed every day while slowly killing him.

Any emotional pain we suffer is of our own creation. We cause our own mental sufferings. If someone came up to you and punched you, yes, they caused you the physical pain. But any emotional pain from that experience is your mind labeling and reacting to the action.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinectsbgx

#680699 - 06/15/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am not sure if this is off the topic of love which occurs at different levels. there is one kind of love like compassion which focuses on all of mankind with a kind of "we're all in the same boat kinda thing and then there is the love that develops between individual personifications of consciousness, ex. the love between lovers. this post has got to discussing male and female relationships which got me thinking of a discovery show i saw about androgynous and hermaphroditic people. wow what a curvball genetics throws those people. not only do they have to figure out who they are like the rest of us who know what sex we are in a culture that places such high regard in self image. Ex. the pat sketch on saturday night live. anyway for these people it's almost as if the force behind life was indecisive which upset the hormonal balance needed to create a distinction on the dividing line of the sexes. Some of these people had operations to make them one sex or the other as infants and grow up having to find out for themselves of the surgeries which are not very succesfull. I can hardly imagine what that would be like. just thought it interesting to think of how we all start out the same and develop a chemical distinction of sex.

Edited by ctsbgx (06/15/02 04:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies