Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSWiTtles
Loc: looks like a hand
"My robot grew my shrooms for me"
    #565626 - 02/28/02 09:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If anyone is interested. I'm going to start designing a USB/Serial interface for PC which will be able to turn power outlets on and off and monitor temp and humidity in multi containers. imagine having your pc making sure the temp is always perfect, or the humidity never falls below 75%. Logging temps and growth so you can really study the data it would be the ultimate research tool. anyways any other Elec or Comp Engineers out there interested in helping message me.

--------------------
"one day we'll be able to model your brain as a mathmatical equation. since the number of equations possible for the human species is NOT infinate, we will ALL live again"
-Me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechronic_124
journeyman
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: SWiTtles]
    #565630 - 02/28/02 09:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

there are pci cards on the market which can turn power on and off already, should help a little. good luck.

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #565684 - 02/28/02 09:58 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It's already been done for hydroponics setups.

BUT...check this link out...it might help:

www.mycosupply.com/manufacturers/index.html

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Edited by Nighted (02/28/02 10:00 AM)

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: Nighted]
    #565692 - 02/28/02 10:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

those cards arent new-in fact winsows xp(the new version) is set up for just that-to control virtually anything from your pc-

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineMinorThreat405
Loc: sXe
    #565703 - 02/28/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

XP sucks

--------------------
Kill your Mom and Dad
sXe

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: MinorThreat405]
    #565725 - 02/28/02 10:50 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: vatoloco]
    #565732 - 02/28/02 10:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

xp only sucks if your a backwoods moron who doesnt understand how to configure your OS, 2000 doesnt suck it rules and is really stable, XP is just 2000 with added compatibility and a stupid looking I face, turn it to clasic, turn of some stupid services and you ahve the most stable microsoft OS availble, XP rocks unless your a backwoods moron

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: LSD_4me]
    #565735 - 02/28/02 11:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i use 2000 pro nt and it is the best-the patch in xp for all that electronic stuff was a huge security breach and allowed anyone to access your computer from just about anywhere-if you have xp go to www.microsoft.com and download the fix for this security probelm in xp-
and i am no moron from the backwoods-lolz-im actually pretty skilled in html,C++,Visual Basics, and so on-
peace
Lee

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #565839 - 02/28/02 01:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Me and my friend had the same idea, we were going to use the serial ports to comunicate with the devices, it's "easy" if you know how to program them, you only have to I/O the desired pins, he also knows how to make PCBs and we both know how to program. Overall it's a nice idea, keep it up.
WinXP is a step in the right direction in terms of stability and multimedia integration, period, sometimes it can be an ass, i know but as someone said you got to know a bit more about this OS, it took me a while but now i'm used. Anyway, fuck XP and its licensing procedures, i use 2000 server running only 4 services, SP2 and DX8.1 and it's the fastest&stable gaming OS microsoft has made. I also use linux at work and that will be the OS inside our 286 to control the ports, fast, reliable but a pain in the ass to configure.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: MAIA]
    #565849 - 02/28/02 01:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

thtas why you use the versions with registration removed, notice i said most stable MS OS, i would never say xp is better than linux, linux is great...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #565863 - 02/28/02 01:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

For the digitally motivated, you might look into PIC chips. They are super simple to program (I think there are 27 or so RISC instructions total). You can assign the pins as input or output. Some models have built in serial decoders, or you can write one yourself. Some of them have built in memory, or you can interface to a serial memory chip as well. The are programable and most of them can be erased and re-coded (EEPROMish, no UV needed). If I remember correctly, a few models even have built in AD/DA converters. The smaller ones are something like 10-pin devices and the larger ones get up to around 24 pins. They come in both surface mount or through hole and are low power devices (good for batteries). Most models have built in clocks and require nothing more than VCC and ground.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: LSD_4me]
    #566173 - 02/28/02 06:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineEd_e_o
Stranger
Loc: Canada
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: vatoloco]
    #566304 - 02/28/02 09:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you vatoloco, regardless of what this post was origionaly about this is far from the place to be arguing about what OS is better. This is a great subject and I don't think those of us who wish to cultivate mushrooms should be subjected to the irrelivent jabberings of both sides. Now let's forget all about OS and think about a fully regulated setup.

I'd like to think of myself as being skilled in the art if digital circuitry. I had the same thought of regulating temperature, light, and humidity only I don't think it's nessesary to tie up a perfectly good computer for simple counting and comparing computations. A simple breadboard circuit could easly do what anything your computer could in the way of simply regulating these three varables. So my question is where do I find the expensive digital humidity meter with digital outputs prime for breadboarding? Or even something without the digital outputs, we can always tap into the display or directly to the circuitry.

--------------------
-------------------------------------
All my posts should start with "I'm no expert but..."

"I just wanna have my kicks before the whole shit house goes up in flames" - Jim Morrison

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: Ed_e_o]
    #566372 - 02/28/02 10:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

XP SUCKS? WTF? XP is by far the most stable and dependable version of Windows this far. Plus it looks amazing. I can run my computer (playing games, making spreadsheets, word proccessing, in full use basically) for 3-4 weeks easily w/o a single crash. Even I do get a crash, I never have to reboot!
I've been using it from Beta 1 back at the start of the summer. Even the beta was rock solid. Windows 98 cant make it through a day w/o a crash of some sort.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: razer]
    #566393 - 02/28/02 10:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it rules... xp rules... i didnt start it but i wasnt gonna listen to an XP basher, idiots just dont know shit about configuring OSes, its just like someone who fucks up on jars and blames the vendor... pisses me off

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#566415 - 02/28/02 11:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

actually XP is like the PF TEK for newbies-very user friendly-if u want a tecknical os win2000k or linux-i have red hat as well-
fat32 sucks ntfs is tha shit-

--------------------

Edited by GaNjAShRooM (02/28/02 11:29 PM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: "My robot grew my shrooms for me" [Re: razer]
    #566547 - 03/01/02 05:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have a RC2 v.2506 "bombating" in my rig since October or November, flawless till now.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #566553 - 03/01/02 05:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

sure out of the box it works fine and i guess you can say its like the pf tek, but XP is just like 2k man it fucking is 2k with more compat... im talking about many services and other memory eating operations that need to be turned off....

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#566562 - 03/01/02 05:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yea-i hope u went and downloaded the security fix for windows xp-if not anyone can sign your computer online-if ya dont believe me let me know-i will show u-ill sign yours online-better go download that patch :0)
Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

--------------------

InvisibleKarmaPolice
Puppy Detective
    #567030 - 03/01/02 03:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry for participating in this off-topicism swittles.

Anytime Microsoft comes out with a new program, everyone loves to say it sucks, and not as good as the old one, which they once thought sucked. It's very cool to not like Microsoft, them being successful and all. I have XP, and I haven't changed a thing. It runs flawlessly. It's never crashed once. If you have an old computer, it might slow things down. It's not made for old computers. It's a new OS. As far as privacy. I really wouldn't give a rat's ass what Microsoft sees in my computer, if in fact I had a rat's ass. If they act on it in any relevant way, the whole damn world will come down on them. The security fix is good to have though, concerning those little hacker bastards.

Edited by KarmaPolice (03/01/02 03:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals