Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Is affliction good for the soul???
    #516077 - 01/10/02 03:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is affliction good for the soul??? [Re: World Spirit]
    #516095 - 01/10/02 03:36 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Right on

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #516395 - 01/10/02 12:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Whenever i am around people, i feel this need to seperate myself, because it is no fun. I enjoy solitude, it was not always that way, but once you have grown into their is no turning back. I used to be socail, but that lacks pleasure now.
So I have complete opposite emotions of normal people, I think that is what your describing.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is affliction good for the soul??? [Re: nugsarenice]
    #516480 - 01/10/02 02:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#516572 - 01/10/02 05:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It mgiht be good for the "soul" if you can manage to not kill yourself... True affliction is a bitch. If you've got it, you most likely don't want it. Most people who "enjoy" it are the kind of people who want to be just like Poe and Cobain... the kind of people who are like Poe and Cobain usually wish they weren't... The part of you that lusts for pain, that keeps showing you gross thoughts when you're nauseaous etc. is stronger in some people, and this might account for some of the enjoyment, but afflcition doesn't equal enlightenment or anything like that, if that's what you're trying to get at. It's powerful, and so the results might be powerful, but it's really a tricky subject... probably best understood by the good mental doctors, councilors, etc. There's really no way you can say it's either "good" or "bad" for anything.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #517196 - 01/11/02 08:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I can relate...

I'm really good with people but I feel like my understanding is like--- miles deep ---and most people don't go deeper than a couple yards of depth...

People love my friendship and attention because they feel that I really understand where they're coming from.

The truth is---my connection with most people makes me feel like I do when I talk to a little kid. We can "play" and the kid has fun---but I'm just humoring the little kid... it's not a "relationship". At least not a relationship where I get the same thing from the kid that he gets from me.

Relationships are so shallow to me... I feel like the rest of the world is an audience that "ooohs" and "aaahs" at the little show---enjoying the illusion, while I'm the back stage hand and there is no magic for me. I see the ropes and pulleys and the cardboard scenery.

It's the affliction I wouldn't ever want to part with...

If all the world truely is a stage---then it's only the actors and stage hands that really get to live... ...Tannis

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is affliction good for the soul??? [Re: Tannis]
    #517208 - 01/11/02 08:23 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (01/11/02 08:27 AM)

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #517265 - 01/11/02 09:51 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think that the glory is seeing the grand in the ordinary. For me it is a process of constantly shaking myself awake to what I know in my spirit as the truth.

It is a constant process where I must believe in myself and disbelieve the illusions projected at me by others who's "small minds" seek to restrict and strangle me...

Others enjoy the amusement park...
I clean and run the place...

It is a constant "tearful joy" of knowing too much... and loving it!

...Tannis

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#517854 - 01/11/02 08:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>As for me, the emotional aspect of life is so much more grande that it allows the soul to know sorrow greatly or know total awe and beauty.

That's exactly it. The "afflicted" as we are calling them have a much wider contrast range. As we all know, contrast is what allows us to recognize one thing from the other, so those who are exposed to immense pain are then able to see immense joy. The difficult part is this: If the scale of pain to joy is too steep too fast, many are overwhelmed and their lives literally fall apart. Sucicide, depression, substance abuse... these are all very likely possibilities for the afflicted, and this is why I do not reccomend it to anybody. (When I was younger I thought it would be "cool". It looked glamorous or something. I began liking the depressed and pitying the happy, which was a foolish mistake.)

This immense pain that we suffer is often from the same stimulus everyone else is exposed to, but seemingly ignores. Things that fuck with me are all the starving children in this world. A kid dies every minute (I believe) from AIDS in Africa... things like that. Some people are always a little more sensitive to these things, some people have their eyes opened to them through a traumatic experience (or some other experience related to the pain). Others get a double dose, and this is not fun at all.

Affliction may be good for the soul at times, but that's only for the survivors. It's a gauntlet that you may run, often not at your own will. If you make it, well, congratulations. If you fall, you will most likely be crushed under the weight of the situation. Verging on implosion is not an enjoyable experience, nor is it positive for the soul. The positive things that usually come out of it are not to be enjoyed by you, but by the people you affect. That's the reward.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom