Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Schwammel]
    #5781644 - 06/22/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know if I am or not an old soul, this idea has to fall hard on theory, anything that you come up with as proof at this point can be strongly argued, maybe the occurrance of DeJa Vu, dreams and other unexplainable occurances can give clues to the nature of the soul, if one truly exists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSchwammel
Auk

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: capliberty]
    #5781724 - 06/22/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

it exists and so do you,

old or new

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #5781968 - 06/22/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I can understand the concept of the old soul because I myself feel generally more attracted to higher planes of knowledge and less interested in earthly affairs, so I am pretty open to the whole idea.

However I find the terminology a bit misleading. I'd prefer to use the term "evolved" rather than "old" or "young". Age implies an eventual death. I believe the soul to be eternal and ageless. This is just my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5782865 - 06/23/06 02:46 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sandra Day O'Connors eyes! they are sucking me in.....arggggghh.
Well I guess I am interested in higher things. I am able to empathise with anyone and I am not wrapped in my own emotion or concerned with impressing others. On the negative side I am often so wrapped up in what I am doing that I forget peoples birthdays and other things that makes people think I am selfish, can you be an old soul and really lazy and scatterbrained?

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5782869 - 06/23/06 02:51 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am the very first soul.

I am the beginning.

I am the very last soul.

I am the end.

I am eternity.

I am Eons at play with balls.

I am the culmination.

I am the continuum

I am the aggregation.

I am abandoned, bare, barren, blank, clear, dead, deflated, depleted, desert, deserted, desolate, despoiled, destitute, devoid, dry, evacuated, exhausted, forsaken, godforsaken, hollow, lacking, stark, unfilled, unfurnished, uninhabited, unoccupied, vacant, vacated, vacuous, void, wanting, waste, aimless, banal, barren, cheap, dead, deadpan, devoid, dishonest, dumb, expressionless, fatuous, flat, frivolous, futile, hollow, idle, ignorant, inane, ineffective, ineffectual, inexpressive, insincere, insipid, jejune, meaningless, nugatory, otiose, paltry, petty, purposeless, senseless, silly, trivial, unintelligent, unreal, unsatisfactory, unsubstantial, vacuous, vain, valueless, vapid, worthless, gossip, hot air, palaver, propaganda, rhetoric, rumor, tall talk, brainless, dizzy, featherbrained, flighty, frivolous, giddy, harebrained, ignorant, illiterate, inane, know-nothing, silly, skittish, stupid, uneducated, unschooled, untaught, vacant, vacuous, alone, cast aside, cast away, cast off, deserted, discarded, dissipated, dropped, eliminated, empty, forgotten, forsaken, friendless, given up, jilted, left, left alone, left behind, neglected, outcast, passed up, pigeonholed, rejected, relinquished, shunned, side-tracked, sidelined, stranded, unoccupied, arid, barren, blank, bleak, clear, desert, desolate, empty, lacking, mean, open, poor, scanty, scarce, stark, unfurnished, vacant, vacuous, void, wanting, arid, depleted, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, impotent, impoverished, infecund, infertile, parched, sterile, unbearing, uncultivable, unfertile, unfruitful, unproductive, bare, barren, clean, empty, fresh, new, pale, plain, spotless, unfilled, unmarked, untouched, unused, vacant, vacuous, virgin, void, white, apocryphal, beguiling, bogus, casuistic, concocted, cooked-up, counterfactual, deceitful, deceiving, delusive, dishonest, distorted, erroneous, ersatz, fake, fallacious, fanciful, faulty, fictitious, fishy, fraudulent, illusive, imaginary, improper, inaccurate, incorrect, inexact, invalid, lying, mendacious, misleading, misrepresentative, mistaken, phony, sham, sophistical, specious, spurious, trumped up, unfounded, unreal, unsound, untrue, untruthful, apostate, base, beguiling, canting, corrupt, crooked, deceitful, deceiving, deceptive, deluding, delusive, devious, dishonorable, disloyal, double-dealing, duplicitous, faithless, false-hearted, forsworn, foul, hypocritical, knavish, lying, malevolent, malicious, mean, misleading, mythomaniac, perfidious, perjured, rascally, recreant, renegade, roguish, scoundrelly, traitorous, treacherous, treasonable, two-faced, underhanded, unfaithful, unscrupulous, untrustworthy, venal, villainous, wicked, adulterated, alloyed, artificial, assumed, bastard, bent, bogus, brummagem, bum, colored, contrived, copied, counterfeit, crock, deceptive, disguised, ersatz, fabricated, factitious, feigned, fishy, forged, frame, gyp, hollow, imitation, made-up, make-believe, manufactured, meretricious, mock, ostensible, phony, pretended, pseudo, queer, seeming, shady, sham, simulated, snide, so-called, spurious, substitute, synthetic, unreal, wrong, disguise, display, front, guise, image, mask, mere façade, public image, sham, veneer, window dressing, base, crooked, dishonest, dishonorable, disloyal, faithless, false-hearted, knavish, malevolent, malicious, perfidious, roguish, traitorous, treacherous, underhanded, unfaithful, unscrupulous, imitation, insincerity, mannerism, pose, pretense, pretension, pretentiousness, put-on, sham, show, showing off, simulation.

I am none of the above.

I am not all.

I am not otherwise.

I am the cold-hearted orb.

I am a lie.

There is no truth.

I never lie.

I run the night.

The truth shall set me free.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Asante]
    #5782883 - 06/23/06 03:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Everything has always existed, and will forevermore.

i totally agree, i don't beleive or even see the concept of newer or advanced souls, beings anymore, just seems like a concept to say one is better than another. we have always been and always will be.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: spudamore]
    #5783004 - 06/23/06 04:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah but that doesn't mean each soul has success in gaining more wisdom.  Some souls might ride the short bus if you know what I mean.  Some souls might take longer to gain the wisdom that other souls already found.  2 souls walk into a bar...that doesn't mean they're leaving with the same blood alcohol level.  Replace the bar with life and the beer with wisdom and...well...you get my point.  :stoned:

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Newbie]
    #5783006 - 06/23/06 04:55 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

does that have anything to do with the age of a soul?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Edited by spudamore (06/23/06 05:01 AM)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: spudamore]
    #5783014 - 06/23/06 05:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Good point. I dunno...Matter can't be created or destroyed, but souls aren't matter so maybe some souls were formed before others? Soul evolution lol.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Newbie]
    #5783108 - 06/23/06 06:45 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah but that doesn't mean each soul has success in gaining more wisdom.

You think of death like a reboot, while I think of it as transfer of your soul.exe onto new hardware.

If you look at it like that, wisdom being accumulated during lives but erased between lives, then the "age" of a soul would mean nothing, and capacity for wisdom lies in the experiences of that life and lessons learned from it.

I believe soul.exe is a tiny program that just contains Identity, it's just a "me", and the rest are properties of the hardware it's installed into.

That doesnt nullify karma, but with no chance to predict or otherwise foresee to which side the cosmic balance will sway, for practical purposes it might as well not exist.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Asante]
    #5783114 - 06/23/06 06:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah but how can a sould just be "me"? How would you know where your soul has been before? There are some people in this world that dont' even see beyond themselves...why don't their souls see that they had a past life or remember it at all? I haven't felt any of my past lives yet, and if a soul is a "me", then why does it feel like this? Why do I feel like this is the only time I'm existing? What are the constants withing a soul? Memories? Emotions? All of those can be experience with a brain. What separates a brain from a soul?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #5783197 - 06/23/06 08:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

it's pretty vague.

an old soul is a gimmick for you to feel better about yourself. so somehow if your soul is older, you think different? sorry I find that to be pure rubbish, why create more labels and seperation in the name of spirituality?

what is this quest for consciousness? don't we already have it? Or is it not that we do or don't have but how we use consciousness.

life is a privilege for you, but what about others? do old souls sit and think, or do they act as well. good to see the inside and outside and in between the edges, dare I say we should also learn how to rearrange them?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Edited by kaiowas (06/23/06 08:24 AM)

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: kaiowas]
    #5783689 - 06/23/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

In human society, you have this equivalent, but this is overshadowed by the natural handicaps that the very young must struggle with. The tiny babe, helpless to feed or move or bath itself, is clearly unimpressive to humans, regardless of the wisdom inherent in the incarnating spirit. The toddler, struggling to communicate in single word phrases, is treated as a potential only. The youngster, eager to learn but often bungling in their attempts to create even the simplest contraption, are held in esteem only by loving parents and relatives. The teenager, who may be accomplished and speak great wisdom, is overlooked as they are assumed to be rebels and speaking only to assert themselves in their desire for independence and self importance. Thus the idea that a relative youngster could have wisdom beyond their elders is incomprehensible to humans. How often, from the mouths of babes, come great insight? How often do the mutterings of mature humans in their prime show that their thinking is cluttered with dependency longings, irrational resentments, self-promotion, and an inability to be creative or resourceful? Age means nothing!

A soul is unaware of its status, but tends to recognize other strong souls during an incarnation. The human form is a great mask, in the main, except to the educated. Old souls almost instantly recognize each other. This is not a body language issue, as the human can be unaware of the age of their soul, other than that they find they are focusing on issues differently than others around them. An old soul often finds they are strongly at issue to Service-to-Self agendas, or take action suddenly to situations where others about them are debating and unsure. An old soul often has a skill set that surprises the parents, expressing early in the life of the young human whose knowledge and skill are coming from a source other than the education being given by the parents. Thus, there are clues, but the old soul in a young body feels, most often, strange and apart until meeting others of his kind.

All rights reserved: ZetaTalk@ZetaTalk.com

-another percepton of it from another website

and kaio, it is nota gimmick to make me feel better about myself. you say that like you know it when its just your opinion. and yes in a way an old soul does think differently then, say, other people with younger souls. u should know what i mean. i mean do you ever just look at people and interpret and analyze them? try to figure out what they are thinking depending on how the conduct themselves and there character? you can defenetily tell that some people simply just dont "get it". im just saying those people that dont get it have souls that dont have as much experience with life

old souls sit think, AND act.
hope fully the above attachment will clear some things up

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #5785448 - 06/23/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

people sit an analyse others regardless of age, race, or creed. I used to 'get it' I used to believe in all of this stuff, and I have to say that in the end, it just sounds more like a way for one to seperate yourself from others.  by saying your soul is older, you are a step 'above them'  ie your use of words of 'get it'

do you ahve the faintest idea of what a soul is? you could tell me what a soul is, but you only know based on what others have told you. it's like saying you know about the creator of the universe based on information from the internet. 

and yes it's an opinion, this is philosophy, that's all it is!  what you say isn't true either.  that's why I mentioned rearranging edges.  this way you are interacting rather than just labeling.

call me a skeptic :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: kaiowas]
    #5785520 - 06/24/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It is always interesting when "ZetaTalk®" springs forth here....

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSpiritualSnorkel
    #5786001 - 06/24/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Though I can imagine what it would entail, if I were to convince myself that my supposed propensity for contemplation, and other such things was a result of my being an "old soul", my ultimate position on it is very clear. That it is, like a previous poster stated to some degree, simply applying empty concepts of self-importance to a very obvious oneness.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5786121 - 06/24/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hoopershroomer said:
Most people who see themselves as old souls - know they will not be returning to third dimension or a physical body. They see themselves in realms of balance and higher light. They do not seek the lessons of emotions - having had their fill of issues and games.

Old souls are souls that have reached higher frequency of light and understand beyond the realms of third dimension. they are enlightened, not judgmental, and past ego.

They are the searchers - the questors - who realize they are experiencing multidimensionally and want to know more. They sense an impending universal change.

Remember that the final quest is the alchemy of consciousness - the mind spiraling through time and space into awareness.

A soul who is ready to evolve into higher frequency of light and understanding of the nature of reality - will understand and seek their soul purpose - their hidden mission - that which is revealed at the end of this cycle of time.

If you are reading these words, your soul has guided you here. You are an old soul. - i got this from a website

so are you and old soul? i defenetely see myself as an old soul becuase.....i just know it. i can feel it inside me and it shows in my charater, how i live my life, what i do etc. i also think very philosophically everyday alot. im a very contemplative person about this univerese, the earth, society, myself, people around me etc. and im also always trying to learn more and gain more knowledge and wisdom everyday i wake up. life is such a priveledge to me and i enjoy life so much. i could go on and on about this, but i see the shroomery as a place with a very high concentration of people with old souls and im wondering if any of you are aware of your gift(s)?

This seems like pure conjecture and self indulgent nonsense. It's IMO founded on nothing more than either ego aggrandizement or the inability to cope with the realities of living in the world.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: are you an old soul? [Re: Icelander]
    #5786207 - 06/24/06 10:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

damnit, I am not conceded, im not self indulging, i dont think higher of myself because of my old soul, i dont think im better then other people. this post was not to make anyone feel lower of what they are. i just wanted to know if there were people aware of their gifts and i just wanted to know if anyone knew what i was talking about. i know how this world works and i have complete capability to cope with the everyday reality challenges this world faces me with. i dont want people taking this the wrong way and soem of you are and it frustruates me to see that. im no different then any of you, i just feel i have an enlightened soul and a profound purpose on this earth because of that, nothing else

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #5786244 - 06/24/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Shalom my hebrew brethren!

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5786343 - 06/24/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

im no different then any of you, i just feel i have an enlightened soul and a profound purpose on this earth because of that, nothing else

:rotfl:

And I feel that you are full of nonsense.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order