Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

POTENCY- Bigger may not always be better?
    #512031 - 01/06/02 10:46 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again,
I have been going through the various informational sites, and the consensus is that a pre-veiled shroom is way more potent that a fully matured shroom - I suppose, now it would be harder to measure dosage, since I believe all weights are for fully formed shrooms-

We are looking for a 'visual' experience, and if the fruit is more potent prior to dropping its load of spores,....I suppose it would make sense to abort them before they come to maturity . But when to do it,...oh so many variables

To pluck or not to pluck - that is the question

PS- If anyone is currently harvesting before it breaks the veil, please leave your findings-
OoD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: POTENCY- Bigger may not always be better? [Re: Anonymous]
    #512055 - 01/06/02 11:47 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

More potent by weight is the term I beleive your searching for. Not to say that fully developed shrooms lack alkaloids all together. They contain at least the same amount of alkaloids as do pre-sporolating mushrooms, albeit a smaller percentage when compared to total weight. (However in regards to some strains I disagree with my previous statement. Such as albino's which continue to produce well through maturity, and end up turning almost completely blue after dropping spores have been dropped.)

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineCaptainChronic
Stranger
    #512063 - 01/06/02 11:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I always pick em before they "cap" Wait till you see the slightest bit of veil tearage to pick...eventually youll be able to tell before the veil is about to break, pick them then...i've had TREMENDOUS ammounts of compliments on the quality of the mushrooms

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: POTENCY- Bigger may not always be better? [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #512089 - 01/06/02 12:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

jonnyshaggs420 is right.

The reason you are supposed to pick them right before the cap opens is they produce little or no more psilocybin after the cap starts to open, but they continue to grow bigger draining you cakes/casings of water and nutrients.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #512407 - 01/06/02 06:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Pf albinos??

--------------------

Offlinencshroomer
journeyman
Loc: Wilmington NC
    #512417 - 01/06/02 06:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

in my expierence the Cpt. is right. just before the veil tearing away is an excelent time to pick and eat.

--------------------
What the fuck, lets give it a try!

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: POTENCY- Bigger may not always be better? [Re: ncshroomer]
    #512729 - 01/06/02 11:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The only reason I would pick early is they begin to taste worse as they mature, mostly due to the spores.

Bluemeanie: Yes. I always refer to the pf albinos when talking about an albino strain, mostly because I have yet to encounter an albino mushroom from any other strain.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

#513041 - 01/07/02 09:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Friends,
Thank you for your impute-
It makes sense, and I will be instructing the Temple Farmers to begin trying this method of precap harvesting-

Again, many thanks!

OoD

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #513066 - 01/07/02 10:11 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I generally wait until "one" shroom breaks the veil and then harvest everything. Since it's the same crop and they all started growing at the same time I can be assured I'm not going in too early... and so far the potency has been so good I've had to scale back the normal doses a bit (took a medium dose and lost six hours!).

If I need a new spore print- I harvest everything but the "one" and let it open completely, do the print and then dry the cap.
.....Tannis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck