Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Shroomism]
    #4882789 - 11/02/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have taken up the warnings with the admins. Not one of my support tickets has gotten any responses yet. As for the "shit" that was being posted in the early days of the forum, what I saw was simply people posting their beliefs. There was no debunking going on, which I believe is what the forum was supposed to be a safe haven from. Now, if it's also supposed to be a safe haven from thought-provoking or humorous posts, I'd like to know.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Silversoul]
    #4882807 - 11/02/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

That's because there was a very vigilant moderator staff in the first days. We moved/locked/deleted ~50 threads and posts that were part of an organized attack on the forum, the second they were made or shortly after. Sorry if you got caught up in that. The repeat offenders lost their access to the forum, now there isn't a problem. Thought provoking and humorous posts are of course allowed, it is the condescending name-calling and cynical sarcasm/mocking of others that will not be tolerated.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4882831 - 11/02/05 08:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You wanna talk name-calling and cynical sarcasm/mocking?  When MAIA recently warned me and I contested it, the response I got essentially amounted to :razz:.  I think that that "organized attack" was simply a bunch of people wishing to post their beliefs just as others were doing, only to find that their beliefs were discriminated against.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4882835 - 11/02/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

No.. 'organized attack'.. was a PM campaign of mostly OTDers who were intent on coming in there and intentionally starting shit to disrupt the forum. We squashed it, that's why you don't see it.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4882925 - 11/02/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I have taken up the warnings with the admins. Not one of my support tickets has gotten any responses yet. As for the "shit" that was being posted in the early days of the forum, what I saw was simply people posting their beliefs. There was no debunking going on, which I believe is what the forum was supposed to be a safe haven from.

For the record, my operator account shows zero tickets pending reply. Depending on what category you placed the ticket in, it may have been directed to another operator who is temporarily unavailable. As for there having been "no debunking going on" in the new MR&P forum's early days, there were in fact people posting dissenting viewpoints and there were some threads that seemed quite obviously aimed to mock the principles of the new forum, which is not only to disallow debunking, but also to prevent people from making fun of another person, mocking their ideas or ideals, or questioning their belief. Obviously, you love to get into the middle of something and question the hell outta it until you have received satisfactory response - but the new MR&P forum is simply NOT designed for that.. in fact, it's designed specifically to GET AWAY from that. Jeez, let the people have their peace, it's just one tiny corner of this message board.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: geokills]
    #4882940 - 11/02/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Obviously, you love to get into the middle of something and question the hell outta it until you have received satisfactory response - but the new MR&P forum is simply NOT designed for that.. in fact, it's designed specifically to GET AWAY from that. Jeez, let the people have their peace, it's just one tiny corner of this message board.

I'm sorry, but you've got me all wrong. I simply like to post my beliefs just like anyone else. I have interesting thoughts that I like to share with others. I am not there to debunk or mock others' ideas, but I do like to get people thinking about things. Again, if thinking is not allowed, please say so.

Frankly, I get insulted when people think I'm there to tear down the forum. I honestly want to see it succeed, but it can't succeed as long as a couple of childish mods discriminate against certain beliefs.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#4883001 - 11/02/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

It is the way in which you may get people thinking that can be the problem. I don't mean to say that you are looking for a controversy, specifically targeting other people for idealogical annihilation, or anything like that.. but your persistence in questioning (which is admittedly often how one might get others to think) is not conducive to the new forum. Think of MR&P as more of a BLOG, and not so much as a discussion forum. It's very hard to articulate the method behind the madness, but I suppose I will go out on a limb and say that so far as you are concerned, the new forum is primarily an engine for regurgitation of prior thought. Heh, though that doesn't really respect the new forum, but I do hope it will get the point across that if you want to make people think, you should be posting in the P&S forum! What I just can't seem to grasp my head around is why you insist on pushing the issue with regard to MR&P, when you could be posting freely in the P&S forum these exact same topics, receive the style of discussion to "make you think" - all the while running into no resistance. Instead, you seem to choose to expand the limits of the new forum so that they encompass your own personal posting style when in essence the new forum was created in part to get away from that style of discussion.

We obviously have different views of how the forum is to succeed.. which is fine, afterall I don't like every forum on this message board - and in truth I may not even post in the new MR&P forum. But the fact is, we created it to cater to a different palette - one which you don't seem to much like, and that is fine. But don't try to change it just because it's not what YOU are looking for, capish?

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4883050 - 11/02/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I don't see why a blog would exclude questions about what spirituality is(such as the topic of mine which got deleted). But I will take this last post of yours as an indication that indeed thinking is not allowed in that forum. Fair enough. That's all the clarification that I need. Except that if these rules apply to me, I expect them to apply to everyone equally.

Of course, the main thing that I get busted for isn't questioning others' ideas, but rather for questioning the actions of the mods. My most recent warning was for a post in the thread about Wiccan_Seeker, in which I was simply explaining, in the most constructive way possible, why I do not think he should remain a mod in that forum. Basically, the mods know I disapprove of the job they are doing in that forum, and rather than take the criticism constructively, they choose to throw a temper tantrum.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #4883161 - 11/02/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If the forum is more BLOG like than a forum then why not give thread starters management controls over their threads (like in My Journal) in that forum so they can censor as they please. A few mods could oversee general abuse of the forum (thread floods, offensive imagery, flaming).

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Organic]
    #4883330 - 11/02/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting idea - though I would have no idea how to implement it and believe it would require some serious custom coding since the Journals function in effect as an individual forum where you are the moderator. Combining this individual forum power into a single threadlist, and integrating it with the rest of the standard BB software seems like a hefty task, of which Y already has plenty such as tweaking the new ban/history log system, as well as other pending projects that are in line.. I do like the idea though, but on the same token it is a bit redundant since we already have the Journals. Would be cool if we had a "Journals" forum similar to the Active Journals listing, except that it would function as a full thread listing and not just updates.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4883876 - 11/02/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Paradigm: has your christianity thread been moved or locked?
Nope, because it belonged in that forum and approached things from the correct angle.

If the mods were corrupt and on a personal quest to get you out of there then your thread would not be left unaltered.

Like Geokills says: certain posting styles are not suitable for MR&P. It's not even "the spirituality forum" because P&S is closer to that.

You can argue in a restaurant that it is your right to bring your own food, but it's not going to happen. Certain posting styles are not for MR&P and people who try to push to get it their way despite policy are met with moderator action, as has happened a few times, with the forum being more harmonious because of it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Asante]
    #4883899 - 11/02/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The Christianity thread was not moved and did not get a warning because it did not get people thinking about the nature of spirituality in a way that seemed threatening to your power. The thread you deleted did not question anyone's ideas either, but it was intended to get people thinking about close-minded vs. open-minded approaches to spirituality, which clearly hit too close to home for you. It seems that I am not allowed to question your decisions in that forum, even in relevant threads. I find this to be tyrannical.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4883921 - 11/02/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

BTW, can someone please explain exactly what it is about about my posting style that is inappropriate for that forum? I certainly don't try to debunk or mock anyone's views there. I try to refrain from negativity, though I sometimes question the wisdom of certain moderator actions. Is it the fact that I believe in an open-minded approach to spirituality, rather than a close-minded one? Is it the fact that I try to be thought-provoking? If that's the case, then I think Wiccan's "Honk if you love Jesus" thread shouldn't belong there either. WHAT IS IT that I'm doing wrong? I'd really like to know.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#4883970 - 11/02/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

> It seems that I am not allowed to question your decisions in that forum, even in relevant threads.

Correct. If you must question the action of a moderator, do it in private either with the moderator - or failing that with an administrator.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4884000 - 11/02/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
> It seems that I am not allowed to question your decisions in that forum, even in relevant threads.

Correct. If you must question the action of a moderator, do it in private either with the moderator - or failing that with an administrator.

The specific thread I'm referring to was the one asking whether Wiccan should stay on as a mod. It was just as on-topic as any other posts in that thread, and I see no reason why my post should have gotten a warning.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4884118 - 11/02/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:

Then WHY THE HELL is this NOT A RULE?

?

???

WHY WAS A THREAD MADE, TO TALK TO THE MODS? ABOUT the MODS?

It is BIAS, only the Staff seems to think otherwise.

SInce I went to bed, 19 new POSTS in here.

Not counting Staff replies...

NOT ONE POST is in SUPPORT of Staff Bias, or you ACTIONS in the NEW FORUM.

LISTEN TO THE PUBLIC.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Rose]
    #4884128 - 11/02/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Quote:

geokills said:

Then WHY THE HELL is this NOT A RULE?

?

???

shhhhhhh! If he makes it a rule you'll be as good as mute

--------------------
:orly:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #4884136 - 11/02/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If they make it a rule, I won't NEED to speak. Others will do the talking for me, I'm sure.

Sorry Hippies, you are NO LONGER ALLOWED to QUESTION AUTHORITY.

Right....

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Declaration of Intention [Re: Rose]
    #4884139 - 11/02/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Sorry Hippies, you are NO LONGER ALLOWED to QUESTION AUTHORITY.

:sad:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4884162 - 11/02/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
So I just have to jump in here. I can be devil's advocate too..

Some victim Swami is :rolleyes:

You ARE being a drama queen

Then BAN me for violation of the TOS... or get off your high horse.

I am BEING HONEST, and addressing MY CONCERNS.

Oh, and DUDE, if it is DECIDED that I am NOT a DRAMA QUEEN, then your comment should be considered a FLAME.

Remember when YOU flamed somebody in the OLD S&P?
Quote:

Shroomism said:

You are an asshole.

DO NOT make light of MY SPIRITUALITY. I DO NOT make light of YOURS.

What drama queen KEEPS ALL their posts in THE PROPER THREADS, has a five shroom rating, and has the majority of the Public's support... with no record of public warnings or bans?

You want to talk to me, STOP calling me names.

You want to BAN ME FOR BEINGT HONEST, do it NOW.

I will speak my mind, until this issue is FIXED.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (11/02/05 03:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom