Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Creation Vs Infinity
    #4540563 -

The way I see it, our existence can only be attributed to Creation or Infinity. If causation were completely true, something was the first cause (I call that god). If there isnt a god I believe in infinity, that being infinite dimensions all existing simultaneously. Does anyone have any beliefs that dont fit into one of those scenarios?


--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4540581 -

How can something be the first cause? Why not just say the universe was the first cause if such a thing exists?

Time is just a dimension, and until I understand why this dimension only goes forward and understand why it's linear, I really don't know. Why aren't the first three dimensions seen to have a cause? Everyone assumes that space is just there without thinking about it, but time they constantly question.

And what about the other 7 dimensions curled up on the quantum level in string theory? If those exist, then I think we comprehend basically nothing on the true nature of what a dimension is.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: Ravus]
    #4540614 -

The first dimension would be the first cause. I think time is needed to have matter or anything else, but even if its not, there is something first or there isnt. If a formula, a 50 ft tall dude, or pure randomness caused that first thing I consider that god. Infinity is a hard concept to accept but I dont think it is any less probable than god.


--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4540662 -

How can something be the first cause? Why not just say the universe was the first cause if such a thing exists?

Time is just a dimension, and until I understand why this dimension only goes forward and understand why it's linear, I really don't know. Why aren't the first three dimensions seen to have a cause? Everyone assumes that space is just there without thinking about it, but time they constantly question.

And what about the other 7 dimensions curled up on the quantum level in string theory? If those exist, then I think we comprehend basically nothing on the true nature of what a dimension is.


i don't assume space is just there, i believe both space and time are intimately connected and do not exist outside our minds in the same way they appear to us in our minds.

i think first cause designates the idenpendent existance, most things that exist, exist relative to other things while the first cause has an absolute existance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4540679 -

The way I see it, our existence can only be attributed to Creation or Infinity. If causation were completely true, something was the first cause (I call that god). If there isnt a god I believe in infinity, that being infinite dimensions all existing simultaneously. Does anyone have any beliefs that dont fit into one of those scenarios?

Well, I ask you this: who says God doesn't equal infinity? I think the very essence of God itself is infinity. I can definitely say that the notion of Creation in the common sense is out of the question if we've got infinity on our hands here, however.


--------------------
Baruch Atah Manna

Edited by PrimaMateria (08/16/05 12:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: PrimaMateria]
    #4540865 -

right, isn't God supposed to be infinite?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: PrimaMateria]
    #4540879 -

PrimaMateria said:
The way I see it, our existence can only be attributed to Creation or Infinity. If causation were completely true, something was the first cause (I call that god). If there isnt a god I believe in infinity, that being infinite dimensions all existing simultaneously. Does anyone have any beliefs that dont fit into one of those scenarios?

Well, I ask you this: who says God doesn't equal infinity? I think the very essence of God itself is infinity. I can definitely say that the notion of Creation in the common sense is out of the question if we've got infinity on our hands here, however.



How do you know God is infinite? And how can something even be infinite? If God is infinite and has no cause, that means you can go back and back and back and back, yet he's always there. There's no cause at all.

This is extremely illogical in my mind as I try to envision someone just always existing in the past. Infinity never ends, so how can your past never end?


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4541352 -

infinity for sure

does'nt mean god is'nt infinite... and since god is infinite, then their is no first cause, because god created us and guides from infinity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4541401 -

creation is just infinity with added complications.

there is no first cause. you always start with infinity, whether this is existence itself, or some abstract 'god' that creates existence.


--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4542028 -

Math... Some say it is a Universal language.

Think of the number 0.

Technically, it isn't really a number per se, since in reality 0 = Nothing.

Yet, all the natural numbers, that can literally go on for infinity, springs forth from 0.

Logically, 0 IS the 0rigin... Some say it IS The Infinite, Eternal N0W moment. Some say it IS the Ground of All Existence... And some say that this very "Ground" is the spacious nothingness from which all creation sprang forth... and is the simple, timeless awareness that permeates the entire Universe and is within every Being in Existence.
Some say it IS the Fabric of the Universe in which everything, including you and me are interwoven into.

And as I once said...

The deepest mindfuck... is that anything is even happening at all.


If I could ask God any one question:

"WTF, man?"




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4542128 -

Oh yea, infinity could be labeled god but I dont necessarily see a point. If creation happened then there is definitely god so thats why I phrased my post the way I did.

Skorpivo - In infinity all unit systems are arbitrarily applied. Natural numbers cannot be infinite (no I do not believe in infinite space, only time and dimensions). So with the deepest mindfuck so directly acknowledged, you leaning towards infinity or causation? Looks like infinity is ahead in the poles.


--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4542137 -

it's too big


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4542156 -

fractals


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Creation Vs Infinity [Re: LittleBen]
    #4542407 -

Quote:
If creation happened then there is definitely god so thats why I phrased my post the way I did.



And if creation of the God happened then there must be a God's God who's superinfinite. :shocked:


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Existance - simplified tak 1,608 10 10/18/01 09:48 PM
by Surf Bum
* Existence a Perpetual Reflection OOISI 519 0 09/03/04 10:14 AM
by OOISI
* Death & Time don't exist. Where God comes from...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Shroomalicious 9,743 69 12/18/02 06:30 PM
by Strumpling
* it seems therefore, that God does not exist. whiterastahippie 1,914 12 11/11/11 02:01 AM
by thefloodbehind
* How can the universe not be infinate?
( 1 2 3 all )
Dreamer987 3,508 43 10/25/04 04:14 PM
by kbilly
* Infinite universe? Or infinite God? Same thing actually?
( 1 2 3 all )
repemon 4,785 42 05/11/04 12:04 AM
by TheShroomHermit
* Does Existence Imply That The Absolute God Is Suffering?
( 1 2 all )
Source 2,669 23 08/01/03 03:01 PM
by Malachi
* Thoughts on Infinity
( 1 2 all )
tox 3,884 23 09/04/01 09:03 AM
by tox

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
994 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.