Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Astral Projection and Pineal Gland
    #4526484 - 08/12/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, first i guess i should say i have been working on my mediation and control over my consciousness for several weeks now (i have been rather drugged the past week and therefore haven't done as much) but last night i sat down for a good meditation practice. It was about 2 in the morning, me sitting on my bed.. I have read rather alot about the pineal gland and how it is associated with astral projection and the opening of the third eye Link if your interested. That tells a little about the pineal gland, google if your more curious.

But anyway, as that article mentions
Quote:

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'. After physical relaxation, concentration upon the pineal gland is achieved by staring at a point in the middle of the forehead. Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland and the 'third eye'. Beginning with the withdrawal of the senses and the physical consciousness, the consciousness is centered in the region of the pineal gland. The perceptive faculty and the point of realization are centralized in the area between the middle of the forehead and the pineal gland. The trick is to visualize, very intently, the subtle body escaping through the trap door of the brain. A popping sound may occur at the time separation of the astral body in the area of the pineal gland.

I actually experience this last night whilst meditating. I heard the 'popping' sound. It was more of a.. something sticky being pulled away from something else sticky.

Once i did this, i could basically feel my entire room, i could actually feel how far away the walls were from my and i could feel where i was in comparison to my bed and where i was in the room.

Sadly i soon developed an itch and i could ignore it no longer, so i opened my eyes and moved, but to my suprise it HURT, my moving actually physically hurt, my neck was sore as hell and my back and arms were increadibly tight. Also i noticed that my vision was very distorted, similar to the 'heat waves' that one gets whilst high, or if they wake up very quickly from a deep sleep and look around.

I am just curious as to who else has experienced this, or something simlar to this, and if you have any tips or other exercies or links that have good information.

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: SerioOria]
    #4526520 - 08/12/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It was more of a.. something sticky being pulled away from something else sticky.

Better velcro it back!  :blush:

Other occult abilities - such as?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Swami]
    #4526580 - 08/12/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My family has been responsible for the earths rotation for thousands of years.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4526588 - 08/12/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you have projected =)

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Invisiblewise_gardener
Stranger
Male
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: BanJankri]
    #4526989 - 08/12/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Never project but read a lot on the subject. What you heard seem to be the sound that is produce when "mind-split" happen. You lived a small real time projection! Maybe some read would help you understand the astral plane, and help you going further in them! Take a look at Robert Bruce books! http://www.astraldynamics.com/ There a good forum too.
Good luck,
sacredgarden

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: orechron]
    #4527093 - 08/12/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My family has been responsible for the earths rotation for thousands of years.

That is a heavy responsibility. What happens when one of you guys oversleeps?

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4527183 - 08/12/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Unfortunately for my scarey self, my family has a history of spookyness.  My dad and his brother have both successfully astrally projected, without willing theirselves.

I have felt the vibration, its one hell of an intense feeling.  At the point of leaving my body I always forced myself to come back because I was scared.

My uncle has been on some insane stories of his projections, he should open an account here actually cause he has the net.  He left his room walked through his father, on his way back from the toilet.  He's seen through hundreds of different peoples eyes, he's encountered entities, he said he even got trapped for hours going through different planes of existance and had a job of returning to hisself.

I'm glad theres people out there who have the courage to try and do this stuff :thumbup:.

You could try meditating on a mantra for floating.  My unc said this was one way he would get himself to project!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Ego Death]
    #4527205 - 08/12/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

He... had a job of returning to hisself

Does it pay well?  :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Ego Death]
    #4527208 - 08/12/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That is a heavy responsibility. What happens when one of you guys oversleeps?

Daylight savings time.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4527322 - 08/12/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:lolz0rz: :imslow:

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4527335 - 08/12/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Without straining the muscles of the eye, this will activate the pineal gland

This is made up nonsense.

There is no evidence (other than some guy says so) that this or any other type of meditation causes any change in the region of the brain where the pineal is located. Electroencephalographic studies of people meditating don't show any change in the pineal.

Astral travel, and other occult abilities, are closely associated with the development of the 'light in the head'.

More made up stuff.

The pineal is photosensitive, but that has nothing to do with imagining a light in your head when no light has been inserted into your skull.

The truth is that the Out Of Body Experience (OOBE) has a described, confirmable, and repeatable neurological origin; in other words, it's all in your head and the feeling that you're 'astral traveling' is all imagination.

There is a structure in the brain that is attributed with this sensation. This area of the brain is credited with giving a person the sensation of existing inside their head and is one explanation for why people who recover from anoxia often report OOBEs.

The area in question is called the Angular Gyrus. It's located in the parietal lobe (top-back) of the brain near where the sense of balance is processed. The AG is larger in hominids than in other primates. It's involved in language processing and particularly with the comprehension of metaphors. People with injury to the AG are unable to interpret metaphors and can only comprehend the literal meaning of the words while all other language skills remain unaffected.

The relationship to OOBEs was first found while treating a woman for epilepsy. To localize the source of the patient's seizures, doctors at the University Hospitals of Geneva and Lausanne in Switzerland implanted electrodes in the patient's brain. With the patient awake, they probed her brain to map the pathology.

Stimulation of the AG caused various sensations including "sinking into the bed", "falling from a height", "seeing myself lying in bed from above", "floating", and all the other sensations people who claim OOBEs report.

Electrical stimulation of the AG causes these sensations because it disrupts the ability of the brain to make sense of touch and balance input.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (08/12/05 06:18 PM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Diploid]
    #4527391 - 08/12/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey diploid, you are not correct.

In fact, you're wrong...  :shocked:

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Revelation]
    #4527419 - 08/12/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Care to elaborate?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4537562 - 08/15/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think he's just pointing out that you never accept when you are wrong?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4538075 - 08/15/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There is a structure in the brain that is attributed with this sensation. This area of the brain is credited with giving a person the sensation of existing inside their head and is one explanation for why people who recover from anoxia often report OOBEs.

The area in question is called the Angular Gyrus.

Did you know there is an area in the brain that when stimulated makes people think they have been eating steak?

The area in question is called the Black Angus.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#4538111 - 08/15/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In fact, you're wrong...

He got you there fair and square, Diploid. Hard to refute.  :rolleyes: :grin:

--------------------

OfflineMindash
venturer of the eye vortex
Male
Loc: north eastern pennsylvani...
    #4598493 - 08/30/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

opiates tend to be a great tool for astral projection when used in small ammounts. not completely sure why but they help me stay concious and relax much easier through it

--------------------
inspire inspiration into manifestation

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: Mindash]
    #4598665 - 08/30/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

[to original poster (somewhen I will learn it)]
Ah, yes... you should never interrupt your oobe ! Go back, the same way you came out, quite systematicaly... and don't cut the red thread, back to your body.
I was doing that with a friend, and he got shocked (cool travels :wink:) and just opened his eyes. He was not able to see anything ! Really..and as it didn't get better, we had to go on another travel (with some spiritual help), to search and get his eyelight back... it was frightening and intense for him, and he quit those practices (and some others including spirits) a half year later, because it got too real for him...
True story...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4599174 - 08/30/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to learn/experience some of this stuff. Where should I look to find more information?

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Astral Projection and Pineal Gland [Re: MJF]
    #4599376 - 08/30/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Uh, sorry for plain answer: Inside yourself... for myself, I also was interested in all that stuff for longer, then the oppurtunity came for a Ouija-session (normaly quite dangerous because often influenced by bad spirits), with some bottom-blowing results, which lead me and my (also new to this) friend to travel this path longer... soon it lead to 'second sight' (where you can see the 'other dimensions' overlaied with ours, including spirits, portals,...), which is trainable for two, later then oobes...and the show started, until my friend had quit that stuff, and I felt back to meditation, self-exploration and theoretical studies, wich were wow fascinating and delivering so far... then (quite 15 years ago)...something totally different happened to me, what made all this stuff almost obsolete, but visuant and suddenly real.

Ah yes, and some meditation-practice before starting all that oob-things does really some good for focusation-purposes ...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom