Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
question about lunar nodes
    #4291633 - 06/13/05 04:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'd really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this for me. Do people possess two lunar nodes, or four? I get mixed answers depending on where I look. Does one's ascendent and descendent correspond to their 3rd and 4th lunar nodes? So one's ascendent, descendent, nadir, and midheaven are their four lunar nodes? Or are lunar nodes something different? I have a natal chart for myself written in French, and I think the Northern lunar node is abbreviated as M.C., but I'm having problems with translation.

Basically, I know where my ascendent and descendent are. From this knowledge, am I able to calculate the location of my lunar nodes? And do I possess two lunar nodes, or four? Are they stationary or do they change over time?

So different names for the north node include: Rahu, Dragon's Head, Midheaven. Different names for the south node include: Ketu, Dragon's Tail, Nadir.

:confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: question about lunar nodes [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4291845 - 06/13/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

In the science of Astronomy, Lunar Nodes are the points on the ecliptic (the path of the Sun against the essentially fixed background of stars) where the moon crosses, so there can only be two: one Northbound (ascending) and one Southbound (descending).

I get mixed answers depending on where I look.

Doesn't the fact that proponents of the pseudoscience of Astrology don't even know what lunar nodes are give you reason to pause, even for one second, and wonder if astrology may by nothing more than a load of BS? :shake:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: question about lunar nodes [Re: Diploid]
    #4291928 - 06/13/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"Lunar Nodes are the points on the ecliptic (the path of the Sun against the essentially fixed background of stars) where the moon crosses, so there can only be two: one Northbound (ascending) and one Southbound (descending)."

Ah OK, so there are two. Unfortunately I don't know how to find my ecliptic on my natal chart, so...does my ascending lunar node correspond with my ascendent, and my descending one with my descendent?

My ascendent is Leo, and the opposite point to it is Aquarius. However, when I went on an astrology site to calculate my lunar nodes, it says the northern one is in Taurus and the Southern one opposite to the Northern one, in Scorpio. The line connecting my ascendent and descendent, and that connecting my ascending and descending lunar nodes, form a cross patern. Each line is almost perpendicular to the other, but not quite. But on my natal chart it doesn't actually say what points are my lunar nodes; it just gives me this cross pattern (the two lines intersecting, of course, in the middle of my chart).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology