Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Dead Bodies
    #4238802 -

Do you care how the corpse of a loved one is treated?

As usual, I find it ironic that most religions believe the body to be merely a house for the soul; and yet have elaborate rituals surrounding the treatment and storage or disposition of the "empty house" and get riled up when a burial site is "desecrated".


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (05/31/05 03:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238816 -

Do you care how the corpse of a loved one is treated?

I honestly think that is the most retarded thing you have ever said swami.

If one of your family members was dead and in a casket and someone rushed up and started fucking their dead corpse at a funeral would you just be like "oh their soul aint in there anymore I don't care"

I understand what your trying to say but there is no need for the question to be asked when you know the answer


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: duster]
    #4238864 -

Swami has a point.

He wasnt saying that if someone fucked his mothers corpse he wouldnt get upset, he is saying if there is so much emphasis upon being purely spiritual, then why have you/we become engrossed in the body?

I claim that i truly believe in the concept that people are spirits and not bodies, but I think I would have to kill someone if they fucked my moms dead corpse.

but another good question to ask is: would you be pissed off if someone fucked your own dead corpse?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4238870 -

I would be pissed if I found out yes.. but being dead probaly wouldn't even know teehee :wink:


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4238878 -

Aaaah, I see the seperation of body and spirit(or physically "living" and "non-living") point of Swami's post now....   
I didn't think to much about this when I first read it.... 

I dunno~, I guess when my body is no longer living I will have much better things to do besides watch my body "rust"....  :wink:


:sun:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238913 -

Swami said:
Do you care how the corpse of a loved one is treated?

As usual, I find it ironic that most religions believe the body to be merely a house for the soul; and yet have elaborate rituals surrounding the treatment and storage or disposition of the "empty house" and get riled up when a burial site is "desecrated".



I really appreciate this topic. Ive been of the same opinion for a long time. When i die, do what you will with my corpse, as my corpse is not me, its just an empty shell that i no longer inhabit. The Tibetans had a great way of dealing with  dead bodies, they used to cut the bodies up and leave them on hillsides for the vultures and other scavengers to feed off, so as not to let the meat go to waste.

I find it quite sad when i see people confuse the dead body of  deceased relative with the realitve him/herself. This is the confuison that results form thinking that we are our physical bodies, and reserving  attachment toward walking and stationary corpses. :lol: :heart:

Edited by egghead1 (05/31/05 03:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: egghead1]
    #4238926 -

*Swami dons apron, fires up charcoal grill and pops a brew*

Who's down for some Egghead Parmesana?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238936 -



--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238939 -

why does everyone haveto be so fucking spiritual and crap. we live we die. when we die we are nothing more the end accept it you cry babys FOR YOU WILL BE GONE FOREVER ONE DAY BAHAHHAA


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Dead Eggs [Re: egghead1]
    #4238940 -

:lol:


--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238941 -

Do you care how the corpse of a loved one is treated?

I personally couldn't care less, but most people acknowledge that the burial ritual is for the living to get closure, it's not for the dead.

I once tried to tell my family that my wishes upon death are a simple disposal by the least expensive means. After much opposition, I eventually gave up and told them to do with my body as they will.

I realized that not everyone thinks like I do and some have a real psychological need for the elaborate rituals. If it comforts those I leave behind, so be it.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (05/31/05 04:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Diploid]
    #4238949 -

I tried to save money on funeral costs by feeding my deceased mom down the garbage disposal.

They will let me out of Bellevue Hospital in three years or so...


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (05/31/05 04:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238955 -

Just another ritual to keep the weak from facing reality.


--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4238971 -

garbage disposal

Silly, you should have used a wood chipper. Haven't you watched Fargo?


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: duster]
    #4238987 -

duster said:
why does everyone haveto be so fucking spiritual and crap. we live we die. when we die we are nothing more the end accept it you cry babys FOR YOU WILL BE GONE FOREVER ONE DAY BAHAHHAA



this is just dumb....what a sad and pathetic outlook on existence and consciousness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4239011 -

Swami said:
Do you care how the corpse of a loved one is treated?

As usual, I find it ironic that most religions believe the body to be merely a house for the soul; and yet have elaborate rituals surrounding the treatment and storage or disposition of the "empty house" and get riled up when a burial site is "desecrated".



what is important for me, is that the body/former person is treated with some respect, which includes NOT putting make up, and all kind of plastic stuff to make it look pretty. It is a body, it is not supose to look pretty, it is supose to look dead. If it is to shocking to look at of the loved ones (car accident, gunshot in the head etc)
then close the box


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4239018 -

Exactly. They damn well better not put me in a pink tutu.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4239026 -

For those in favor of proper ritual burial etc.

How comfortable are you around a dead body?


--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: orechron]
    #4239031 -

Are you talking about the ones in my basement or those under the rose bushes?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dead Bodies [Re: Swami]
    #4239035 -

The one that you keep in the freezer and warm up on those cold winter nights.


--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dead for an hour and a half-full report
( 1 2 3 all )
amanita3 7,733 56 10/11/16 06:53 PM
by laughingdog
* If I am clinically dead for 5 minutes..
( 1 2 3 all )
Mixomatosis 4,345 45 12/03/03 10:24 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* What's keeping the body alive?
( 1 2 all )
ekomstop 2,982 22 04/23/04 02:17 AM
by faelr
* book of the dead jahfeelirie 2,741 12 04/23/04 07:59 PM
by faelr
* The Mind Body Connection
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Phluck 13,817 151 01/21/04 02:17 AM
by Anonymous
* Early Christian Saints/Outlook on the body start25 2,192 14 10/23/03 06:30 AM
by Anonymous
* How far can the human body really go? Blammo300 2,178 17 11/01/03 05:17 PM
by lucid
* Dead to the world JCoke 531 3 03/17/04 02:57 PM
by DrWho

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,145 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.