Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Dead to the world
    #2443361 - 03/17/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Let me get this straight...

The way to God and the true teaching of Christ is to be dead to the world, if anything is done in this world without God it's a sin, if I get high for my own pleasure it's a sin, but if I get high and honor God with it than it's not a sin, if I eat so I can fulfill my hunger, to live another day or just for my own pleasure cuz it taste good it's a sin, but if I eat so I can fulfill my hunger so I can honor God better, or to live another day of honoring God, or to honor God by eating, than it's not a sin, if I watch the sunset becouse it's nice and makes me feel good about myself and my life, than it's a sin, but if I watch the sunset and honor god by watching, than it's not a sin.

It's very simple, that's what it means to have God in your life, you either want God to be with you every second of the day or you don't,
alot of christians miss this point, and thats a shame because thats the most important part of being a christian, they run around telling gays god hates them and there whole lives are a waste, but they never tell them why it's a sin, it's a sin because it's just an earthly desire, nothing more, nothing less, to love a women can be a sin, and i'm not talking about sex, if you have an urge to have an intimate relationship with someone male or female to fill that hole thats inside us all, you are looking in the wrong place, you are looking around earth for love and thats not where it's at, it's in God.

Catholic Church (and many other churches and people who claim to know Christ) believe this:

. Sin is anything that feels Good

. There laws and standards of living are right up there with the laws of God himself, everyone must follow the way they live there life and the laws they made, if they don't, than it's a sin.

. God's gonna take them to heaven when they die becouse they live so called "clean lives" and they know God better than anyone else, and God hates everyone else because there stupid and weak and have no chance of knowing him.

All three of those are wrong:

. Sin = earthly things that bring you pleasure and make you feel like you can live with out God ("who needs God when i've got everything to make me happy here on earth?"), anything that makes you fall from faith (say if you were to eat something really good, for a second while you were eating that you forgot about God).(there might more ways to define Sin, but I think those are the most common.)

. Only God's Laws matter, 'nuff said.

. It all matters if your living for God, and for God alone, for example the native americans, they prayed to the "creator of the world" and when they killed an animal to eat they honored the "creator of the world" for giving them the deer or what ever they were hunting, white people saw them praying to this "creator of the world" and figured they were praying to the wrong God, so they beat there views of God unto them, when it turns out it was most likely the same God (though alot of native american tribes did idol worship, there still were alot of none idol tribes), you see, God is not God's name, it's just another way of saying "creator of the world".

There, I said my peice, I keep getting this feeling that people on this board have a very diffrent view of christians than me, they most likely dealed with those dumbass church ladies, my Dad said it best about those church ladies, "Were all a part of the body of Christ, one of us gotta be the ass hole".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Dead to the world [Re: JCoke]
    #2443532 - 03/17/04 01:34 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

anything done outside of faith is sin, it's a learning process and whhen Christ 1st revealed Himself to me years ago after that i thought ok all is well and walked by feelings instead of faith and shortly ended up living in sin.It's a daily walk of faith and surrender and dying to self so that He my live with-in.Learning not to judge others for any reason, Christ does that, and trying to make peace with all people.If they don't want it just shake your feet and walk away from them.

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2443642 - 03/17/04 01:57 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Well, I don't exactly see God the way you, or other Christians with whom you have had contact, see God.

I think it comes down to what's in your heart.

I don't think about God every time I do something, but I believe that God is with me always. I don't run around pointing out other people's sins because I have my own sins to worry about.

The way I see it is that God knows we're not perfect, which is why He sent Jesus to die for our sins.

I am the least perfect person I know, but I love God. I am pretty sure God loves me. I've looked for concrete reasons as to why things seem to work out for me so well, and I haven't been able to find any.

Read Romans. Paul explains pretty well how it works, when you decide to accept Jesus and stuff.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineDrWho
TimeLord

Loc: nth ring
    #2443858 - 03/17/04 02:57 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

um, man...
when was christ ever seperated from the world?

who did he hang out with?
what kind of people, what kind of locations?

you can interact with the world.
you can have a good time.
you can make your money.

just know who you master is when he calls your name.

--------------------

Edited by DrWho (03/17/04 02:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds