Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Propolis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Sclerotia more suitable for addition experiments?????
    #4077439 - 04/20/05 04:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone in the advanced forum has heard of "addition" experiments.

Some involve supplying more nutrients (from body builders protein powder shakes to foods of higher nutritional value ,bee pollen ,even yeast)

Other involve supply of precursors for DMT to tryptophan and tryptamine

Others take that a step further and add other tryptamines to the substrate to be hydroxylated to the 4-th position.

Has anyone experimented with truffles? Thinking on supplementation experiments somehow i have the idea that mushrooms that form sclerotria (truffles) would be better candidates.My reasons for that?

1)They take longer time to form than mushrooms (correct me if im wrong) and this means more time to accumulate any kind of active produced AND *most importantly* to use what they can from the substrate

2)They grow IN the substrate instead of OUT OF the substrate.I may be wrong but this would allow more contact with whaterver-you-put-in.Think of a mushroom growing out of DPT supplemented substrate and compare it to a sclerotia developing IN a DPT substrate...

My two reasons may be completely silly but as far as i know noone has tried it so far...If you are a psychoactive truffle lover and you have some of this regarder-as-worthless-by-the-community phalaris grass lying around it would be nice to add some of its juices in your next truffle jar !

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Sclerotia more suitable for addition experiments????? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4374945 - 07/06/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm...Anyone?

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sclerotia more suitable for addition experiments????? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4374967 - 07/06/05 09:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think it is a good way to check. Pity it is so hard to get proper comparison testing for active levels carried out though. What I also like it that it is very easy to grow 2 jars of sclerotia under identical conditions, as light and humidity and air exchange on 2 mushroom grows can vary a lot. But sclerotia jars can be prepared the exact same way and incubated side by side and inoculated from the same clone, the longer period of incubation gives a delayed view of what is going on, almost like a slow motion camera.

But most comparisons will only be done by people eating and guaging their trip, which most dismiss as unreliable.
Yeild cannot be dismissed, I want to grow some sclerotia side by side with the only difference being additional water added to one jar throughout the grow.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Sclerotia more suitable for addition experiments????? [Re: blackout]
    #4375061 - 07/06/05 10:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
I think it is a good way to check. Pity it is so hard to get proper comparison testing for active levels carried out though. What I also like it that it is very easy to grow 2 jars of sclerotia under identical conditions, as light and humidity and air exchange on 2 mushroom grows can vary a lot. But sclerotia jars can be prepared the exact same way and incubated side by side and inoculated from the same clone, the longer period of incubation gives a delayed view of what is going on, almost like a slow motion camera.

But most comparisons will only be done by people eating and guaging their trip, which most dismiss as unreliable.
Yeild cannot be dismissed, I want to grow some sclerotia side by side with the only difference being additional water added to one jar throughout the grow.

Thats the problem with illegality.Bioassays "rule" the field,it would be difficult to analyze samples in a lab...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Propolis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology