Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Finding Your Path
    #3705271 - 01/31/05 01:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ITs been a while since ive posted on here. But the time i spend here, and post, i like to have some thoughtful questions, and dialogue with the members here. Ive probably asked this before, but I often ask myself this question... how do you know you are on your path, or how do you know what you are doing is really what you want to do, really the direction you want to go?

SOme people have an inner conviction which makes them think that the path they are on is solidly defined, with no grey areas. For me, this is far from reality, because for me, my life lifes vision is filled with changing situations.

What are your ideas on the subject matter, do you find yourself asking this question? I still struggle with it, no matter how much i try to figure it out.

This is a very important subject matter for me, i hope i can get some thoughtful responses from the members on this board.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Finding Your Path [Re: Zero7a1]
    #3706784 - 01/31/05 09:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm with Don Juan on this one, "For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverseit's full length. And there I travel, looking, looking, breathlessly."
It's true that the world's subjectivity makes it hard to decide where to place your feet (not to mention all the options). But that's the beauty of this life, freedom.
Your already on a path, the path of searching. It's where everyone starts, and what's to come and what you'll learn from this path will decide where you end up.
I dunno if this makes sense to anyone but me. I guess as long as your heart/spirit/soul etc. is in the right place and you have good intentions, then just keep truckin'.
Peace and Love,

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Finding Your Path [Re: Woland]
    #3706913 - 01/31/05 11:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

""how do you know you are on your path, or how do you know what you are doing is really what you want to do, really the direction you want to go? ""

I just gonna type some shit on this one, keep in mind, this is not the way i see it, anymore than a way i see it. written in sand, and backed up in rock. he he

the path is everywhere, each step, confirm the last one, and seeing the next. you always know you are on your path, as its even made as you navigate your container around. (body)

what you are doing, is what you do, so knowing what you are doing is really what you want to do, is merely a choice.
if what you really want to do, is knowing what you are doing,and if you really want to do it or not, seems to me a dilemma. as i do not 'understand' how, you could know what you are doing, before its done.

the direction, you go, will not appear to you before you went it?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Finding Your Path [Re: Gomp]
    #3707027 - 01/31/05 12:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have to agree with all above.

what determines the choice is interesting.

even those still sleeping (WRT this question) are on their rightful paths.

the path is the whole thing you are facing, yet you steer your immensity (if awake) or rattle around like a ball in a pin ball game (if not awakened to this), so although it is big and we are small - in a way there is a reversal when we make choices.

we learn from our path, thing particular to our personal selves, then we adjust the direction.

I think the middle way is reccommended, a measured medium amount of adjustments. There is no wrong path as there is no separation between self and the immensity.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Finding Your Path [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3707210 - 01/31/05 01:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hi there. :smile:

If you're asking the question, then you aren't completely on the path. All the questions that come to you, try to find them answers. Don't dismiss them, for they point to what you need to discover. So to look fully into everything that comes along, never dismissing anything as useless or bad, allows life's course to be naturally plot. Then you aren't thinking about it, you're just experiencing it, drifting down the river in your raft wherever the rapids take you.

Everything changes, so don't get held up on one particular question, don't let it engulf your time. That's just your ego trying to slow down the process, getting the raft held up in shallow waters because it's afraid of the rapids. Take what you are given and go with it, or become stuck on it and fail to proceed.

If you're stuck, if you're static, then you've fallen away from the path. It's all an ego deception: if change is the only constant then nothing can be static! Rather, if it isn't going forwards, then it must necessarily be going backwards. So if you get stuck, in reality you're going backwards along the path, or more accurately you're going off on a tangent only to eventually walk back the way you came and return to the correct route.

We're tricked into believing that life is like quicksand--you have to stay still or you'll perish! But in fact the reverse is true, if you stay still then you perish, because you're actually going backwards, you're actually sinking, drowning in your own tears. Forwards motion is key, as is a clear intent in life towards this end. Never become distracted by your goal's completion, the absolute itself as something fixed above which nothing else resides. There is always higher to rise, farther to expand, more to discover.

So if you have questions as to your path, examine them for within lie the coordinates for a slight course change bringing you more in line (in synchronicity) with the vertical meridian of the universe. Don't push them aside and ignorantly insist that your present course is perfect, for then you miss their teachings. As these questions, doubts, intuitions, and beliefs come and go, so the fabric of your path is weaved.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Finding Your Path [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3707650 - 01/31/05 03:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the path can certainly include questioning
the path can also include getting stuck and getting free.
it is personal.

I don't buy that thing about staying still either, just try (it is an excellent practice), you still will see continuous unfoldment.

totally agree with change, it is essential and basic to all paths.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3707662 - 01/31/05 03:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"going back, is recreation(re creating?)"
-Unknown :P

do this, and do this, and their different, yet the very same.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3707753 - 01/31/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The path always involves facing your questions head on; this is a constant and isn't different for different people. What I mean is that when a person addresses a question head on, instead of running away from it, his answer can be any length. If you want peace of mind then a buddhist will understand his thoughts to be dead-end tangents. As soon as they pop into his mind they are understood in entirety and the thought process speeds to the inevitable end scenario where they dissolve back into the void from which they sprang. Their existence, completely unrestricted, flashed by in an instant.

On the other hand, if it's someone's path to learn about a particular element of their journey, then they might do well to get stuck in it for a while. They might delve deeply into it and wrap themselves around every loose strand of its fragmented being. The answer for such people is infinitely longer than that for the buddhist, and both progress so long as they willfuly seek the answer.

So the journey can go slowly or quickly, according to every individual. It can be beneficial to get stuck if you always keep your aim on getting free. But when you want to get stuck for its own sake then you're moving backwards instead of forwards on your journey. By pointing out this backwards motion, I don't mean to limit the uniqueness of the journey, for it can express this backward motion through any means. I'm just saying that you shouldn't deny or suppress the intention of "getting free" since doing so moves you backwards on whatever your journey may be.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Finding Your Path [Re: Gomp]
    #3710334 - 01/31/05 11:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thats just my problem, everyone says, do this, yet dont, be yet, dont. Go forward, yet stay still. So what is it? Am i lost or something, cause these sounds sure make it sound that way.

What is conviction? And can you trust it? How can you analyze yourself and define what you or where you want to go?

I just wanna be happy with what do, i wanna be comfortable, in at least knowing that where i am going is going to be worth it some time, otherwise what point is there? If it has no benefit, whats the use?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3710387 - 01/31/05 11:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Path? "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3711864 - 02/01/05 06:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zero7a1 said:
I just wanna be happy with what do, i wanna be comfortable, in at least knowing that where i am going is going to be worth it some time, otherwise what point is there? If it has no benefit, whats the use?

this is as good a premise to begin with as any.
keep on.
many gems to unearth
along the way.

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
    #3712083 - 02/01/05 08:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

Zero7a1 said:

this is as good a premise to begin with as any.
keep on.
many gems to unearth
along the way.

Start with being happy, as thats a choice too. When you stop looking for the thing you are looking, youll see it. Its right there, ready to get off your shoulder.
Many things you will see when you relax and see why you -think- you cannot relax.
And if you already take it easy, take it even more easy. :smile:

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Finding Your Path [Re: repemon]
    #3712106 - 02/01/05 08:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

as the universe is constantly unfolding
you can be in almost any postion and take notice.

it is good to assess this honestly,
that is why I said that the premise is as good as any to begin with.

it shows the clear, honest, personal observation of a true seeker
already started.

at each position something else can be important significant and true to itself.

the path continues

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology