Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Serious dream question
    #3487301 - 12/12/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a question...

Okay, for the past several years of my life I have had the same dream over and over, without fail at least 3-5 times a week.  In the dream, I am always fleeing from a male authority figure, and I have to jump and glide in the air and hide beneath the ground to evade him. 

Now I always thought that this just represented my issues with authority figures I have had, but I was reading today and found this quote...the author is talking about Jung's shadow archetype:

Quote:

Most of us have had a confrontation with the shadow in a dream, in which we are being chased, threatened, or robbed of actualization. We may run or hide when he pursues us and awaken with a jolt. The shadow rests in our subconscious, the place where we may deny the evil within ourselves in order to live moral lives. 

So all this time I thought my reoccuring dream represented my relationships to people in an authority position, but now I wonder if it has something to do with me?  (the shadow in me)

The thing is, I can't figure it out.  I try to be honest with myself so I don't know what that male authority figure is composed of.  If it is a shadow, I don't know what I'm hiding from myself to create him with.  :confused:

Anyway, it sort of makes me feel uncomfortable now because I hope that my unconscious isn't hiding something dark and sinister from me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Serious dream question [Re: MOTH]
    #3487352 - 12/12/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

try to get lucid in these dreams, then instead of running or hiding walk up to your shadow and face it fearlessly, beat it up and eat it

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Serious dream question [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3487378 - 12/12/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, if I could do that, that would be so incredible.  You have no idea how long I've been having these dreams.  If I was able to face this guy I would ask him questions.  I wouldn't want to destroy him.  Those dreams are never scary, just super intense and heart-pounding.  If only I could know why he was there...that would be awesome.  I wonder what he would say.  Well, now you've inspired me, heh.  :smile:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3487444 - 12/12/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ellemysh, you should look at the good side of the frequency: it gives you a huge advantage on the likelihood of figuring this out.

If you keep trying, keep going to bed thinking "I'm gonna stop and confront him" eventually you will do it.

The fact that this happens to you so regularly should be grasped as an opportunity.

Of course, this is me assuming you don't already consciously focus on confrontation of this possible-shadow-self.

:smile:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3487485 - 12/12/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
try to get lucid in these dreams, then instead of running or hiding walk up to your shadow and face it fearlessly, beat it up and eat it

:lol:

Em,

Did you ever read the old post I put up here called Demons and Spirit guides? if not, i should dig it up for you. It helps to take the "dark" out of the dark. beings you fear, ussually have messages for you to help you to learn more about yourself. It will help if you can confron this shadow- do it when your awake in your minds eye. Ask it what it wants from you.

It also helps to realise that beyond this dualistic plane, we are all on the same team, moving towards the same goal. We are one.

There's another good one I posted a long time ago called The Guardian of the threshold. In short, the only enemy we ever truly face and have to overcome is our self.

Understanding all of this helps to remove the fear. In spirit, you are also safe, eternal and indestructable, draw from that self for courage. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Serious dream question [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3487490 - 12/12/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yay jiggy.  :grin:

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
    #3487496 - 12/12/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I suffer from MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) which is a very bad sort of allergy. I can't go into details, but believe me it's a thing from hell. I've been living with it for more than 15 years and I'm still a student although I'm 33.

I also have a recurring dream, but it's not always exactly the same.

Basically in this dream I am either in primary or secondary school, and I have to pass some exam. It's very hard burden. There are usually people that went in school with me, and teachers and professors all mixed up. Often the exam I have to pass is mathematics though I don't have math in my faculty curriculum (I study linguistics). I often wake up exhausted after this.

My explanation for this type of dream is that my subconscious mind does not give a damn about my sickness. It just reminds me time and again that I need to finish the damn studies or it will haunt me with them in my dreams for whole eternity. My subconcious mind is pissed off, it seems it doesn't accept excuses. I guess some things must be done regardless of difficult circumstances.

I believe that when we have a recurring "bad" dream, we are being confronted with some issue that we are trying to avoid in our waking state. Maybe there is something that you are running from in your real life? Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with authority figures, but with something that you need to accomplish? I don't know. Try to search within yourself while you're awake.

Sorry if this doesn't help you with your dream. I'm not an expert on dreams at all :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Serious dream question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3487517 - 12/12/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:

Of course, this is me assuming you don't already consciously focus on confrontation of this possible-shadow-self.

:smile:

I haven't tried yet...because I am so overcome with "the chase" in the dream.  I mean, when I'm dreaming it, it is enjoyable because of the intensity factor and the adrenalin rush I get.  It's like I launch into some sort of ultra-survival mode and go almost animalistic, in that I get pleasure from being persued and in danger.

Anonymous

#3487519 - 12/12/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So all this time I thought my reoccuring dream represented my relationships to people in an authority position, but now I wonder if it has something to do with me? (the shadow in me)

If you think about this carefully you'll probably find that it's not one or the other but both. The problems we have with other people are very often projected onto them by ourselves, and reflected back like a mirror. Many people don't see the connection between self and other in this way.

Thinking about what the authority figure represents, I wouldn't know. I couldn't know, without knowing your personal life. There are so many things that it could be but I'll offer my opinion. The authority figure seems to be something that's controlling your life. This could be a specific person that you're in conflict with, religion, money, etc. It could be anything really. That's why you must thoughtfully and honestly meditate on this subject and, instead of trying to dig up the answer, just allow it to come to the forefront of your mind. The thought is there and it will heed your will if you intend it to.

Another thing is, you don't need to get lucid and confront the guy in the dream. Once you take care of the root issue in waking life you'll stop having this dream and that will be that. All of my recurring dreams stopped once I found and cured the problem in day-to-day life.

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Serious dream question [Re: alphaone]
    #3487524 - 12/12/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yes, if you are taking shrooms or acid, it's not hard to re-experience a problematic dream during psychedelic trips.

I remember I had several other dreams that were pretty bad, but when I re-dreamt them during shroom trips, it turned out that they were basically pointless and did not mean anything too significant. In other words they didn't have exceptionally deep meaning (sense of urgency to get some things done maybe, but in the dream I blew it out of proportion).

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3487557 - 12/12/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Moon,

Do you experience any sort of energetic indigestion, rumbling in the bowels or acid reflux when you eat the dark beings like hors deourves? :evil::lol:

Jaques,

I like your new sig a lot! :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3487575 - 12/12/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why thank you... I do think it's quite neat. It's from the movie "Waking Life" which I hope you and Ellemysh have both seen. :smile:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Serious dream question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3487630 - 12/12/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I havn't seen waking life but I will look for it. It's gotten so many thumbs up here.

Ellem,

Here's that article I mentioned that may help empower you through this. It helped me a lot. It's pretty relative to your post.

DEMONS AND SPIRIT GUIDES

Many of you are getting side-tracked today, as you attempt to deal with "alien energies" and paranormal occurrences as though they are something that has originated OUTSIDE OF YOU, rather than merely another part of your Waking Dream. You become filled with fear, or awe, and you confront these new and unusual energies by attempting (as some of you put it) "to send them into the light."

Taking into account the upgraded definitions we have just provided you for the term "light," can you see how unproductive this is? After all, if you have become aware of a particular "energy," to the point that you have brought it into your life and forced yourself to deal with it-- hasn't it already come into the light? Isn't that what light now means....coming into your conscious awareness?

Another Psychic Disturbance, which is keeping many of your channels closed these days, is your fear of involvement with beings known as DEMONS. As it is used today, the English word "Demon" comes from the ancient word "Daimon," which means "teacher or guide." Demons are indeed real, and they have power to teach you, in compelling and unforgettable ways. What distinguishes a Demon from a Spirit Guide is the fact that the former is brought into your life to mirror for you shadow aspects about yourself, reflections of your hidden self that you have chosen not to accept or face.

Whereas a Spirit Guide comes along side a person to instruct and to edify--a Demon usually enters the picture in order to foreclose on past due accounts---areas of your life where you have refused instruction or edification. When we use the word "foreclose," we are being very pointed. The common element of exchange in the Multiverse is focus of attention. In order to get what it is you desire from the Multiverse, you must pay the toll to cross over the Veil. You must become aware of who it is that you are, and what you crossed over to accomplish. If a person attempts to do business with the Multiverse, without paying attention to these things--he will invoke a Demon, who has been enlisted to guard that portion of his Veil of Forgetfulness.

Truthfully, Demons are no bigger deal in the life of a Reconnected Being than one foot would be to the other foot in a physical body. They each have their purpose, and they each bear the weight of that body as it moves about. A King does not enlist a Dragon to guard the entrance to a cave where no treasure is. Whenever you encounter a Demon in your journey, you can be sure that you are on the brink of a fantastic breakthrough.

Demons primarily use fear and adversity as weapons against unmindfulness or fragmented thinking. They punish, taunt, distract, divert, and generally harass any individual who has refused to deal with basic issues in life, recognizing and admitting who and what he really is. Or, if an individual has decided to "sell his soul" for some nefarious advantage in 3D, a Demon will pummel him until he realizes how foolish and obtuse his perspective has become. However, in some soul contracts, Demons will allow a particular person to flourish awhile, so he can be used to pummel others who need to be awakened or taken from the Game. Then, at some point, he becomes Reconnected and awakened as well.

There are primarily three involvements that Demonic Energies or their Minions have with beings in physical form. First, they portray clearly for you the fact that not everything in the Oneself is meant to be "nice." Along with "enlightenment," a person must also receive his or her "endarkenment," which forms a clear connection to the primal or instinctual self. Physical life has its gentle and its brutal side. You each represent an entire Oneself Spectrum, spanning to infinity. You are all of it, and you'd better get used to that if you wish to progress.

Secondly, Demons serve as Dark Force Guardians for the Veil of Forgetfulness. When a person tries to reach for personal expansion out of season, there are Beings who appear to test him, seeking to ascertain whether or not he is truly prepared to go forth into Oneness. Fears, trepidations, and anxieties will frequently assault the mind and heart of those who are undergoing Physical and Spiritual Transmutation. If you remember how Master Jesus sweat great drops of blood in Gethsemane, then you will understand why you too must face your inner terrors before you move forward.

Finally, Demons frequently deliver wake-up calls for those who are invoking their Divinity during this, your last journey in Limitation. We have seen this in your Collective Consciousness, with the Worldwide Open-Heart Mergery that was produced by your "911" Experience. When it is truly time for you to awaken from your Dream, your own Demons know just what to say and do so that you will become conscious, and open your eyes.

As our transmission about Terrorism attests, we do not speak here about "victims" or "perpetrators" in your personal or world events. Rather, we speak about powerful limitation dramas, in which everyone flows together to become the author, director, and players in each person's time of awakening.

AT-ONE-MENT

We will close our treatise on this subject with a few simple thoughts. More concepts will be added later, as proper timing and necessity dictate. Everything you see around you, no matter how strange or disturbing, is an aspect of YOU. Some energies seem wilder and more chaotic because they have lost contact with their Creative Source. In your universe, that Creative Source is YOU. When you consciously own and purposely begin to integrate an "alien" energy, it ceases to be alien from that point on.

Psychic Disturbances in physical space are bucking broncos that are longing to be called home. Or, they are wild stallions, seeking to show you how powerful and intensely passionate you secretly are! Dark Spirits often represent emotions and sexual fervor that has been disowned and cast aside. Like so many Mordreds, left over from days gone by--they visit the King, asking only that he acknowledge from whose loins they arose. If he refuses to do that, they often have the powerful to reduce his whole Kingdom to rubble.

If you look at Energy Turbulence and say "This has to stop!" you are abhorting a birth of understanding that is trying to take place around you. But if you say instead: "What part of MYSELF is this?" you are finally taking notice of the faces that have been pressed against the window of your soul. You are rescuing your own orphans, and giving them a place to dance or to find rest.

You cannot change anything until you acknowledge and own it. When you do, it grounds the energy and begins to quiet the storms of life. If you refuse to ground your own dark energies, they will sometimes attach themselves to your property, your pets, your close friends, or your children. The Spirits do not do this to punish you. Rather, they are doing it because those close to you earnestly desire that you find total fulfillment within this, your Reconnection Incarnation. It is all done as part of a spiritual contract. Immediate healing can be available, for those who are willing to take back what was once cast out and forgotten!

Those who cannot understand this will reject it for a time. And that will okay, as all energies must seek after the frequencies to which they are most attuned. Oneness will always be there when you are ready to obtain it. Separation abounds for those who still need to experience it. There is no condemnation in this.

PEACE, BE STILL!

The authority that once walked upon the waters and quieted raging storms now flows through YOU, during this your time of Reconnection. Do you believe that, or do you think of our time together merely as philosophical discussion and casual debate? The admonition "Be still....." is most often followed by the words "......and KNOW that I am God." Do you KNOW that you are God today? Or, are you still stuck wallowing in your human forgetfulness and limitation? Wake up, My Friends, there are surprises in store!

In groups, are there those among you who are suffering or "disturbed?" Do you comfort them, sympathize, and just send flowers?" Or, by comparison, do you ask yourself "What part of ME is this person wearing?" Do you inwardly move to take back whatever energy has separated itself from your consciousness?

A headache that manifests in someone "out there," can become an inspiration of power when it is brought home to its rightful owner. It just didn't fit the person who first received it, that's all. A depression in the soul of a child can symbolize complete inner transformation when that energy is allowed into a parent who no longer devalues feelings and intuition in favor of habit, personal possessions, or fame. The energy just seemed heavy in the child because it was meant to be carried by the one for whom it was designed.

We are not saying here that all Psychic Disturbances are caused by neglect on your part, or abandonment of your children to the winds of adversity. Far from it! What we are bringing to your attention, however, is the fact that everything that is seen or felt in your perceptual reality has its roots and origins in YOU, the creator of that universe. And this statement is true of everyone in every universe. There is no "them" who are causing your troubles, and there is no way to "throw them out" anymore. That is because, in Oneness, there is no out! Does this make sense to you?

Peace, My Dear Friends. Peace and be still. If the answers to your whirlwinds do not come quickly, then stand calmly within the storms and feel their power! That power is YOU. Own it. Work with it. Use metaphorical thinking to understand and apply it in whatever ways seem useful to your process. E.T. has finally decided that its time to phone HOME. When he does, will you be there to answer?

<end transmission>

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#3487641 - 12/12/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ive had dreams just like these, but i dont have them so often, maybe every few weeks ill have this dream and wake up very jolted. ive been tyring to get lucid for so long but ive yet to slip into my mind

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3487667 - 12/12/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Rock on, that was a good read. Definitely the right ideas going on behind that.

And yeah, see that movie!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3488227 - 12/12/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Permit me and my 8 years of Jungian analysis to put my 2c in. Your Shadow will manifest in the same gender as yourself but appear and behave in ways which you reject in your conscious attitude. I assume that you are a rather decent person, so your Shadow will appear rather crude, dangerous or perverse to you. Actual criminals have the opposite Shadow. Since their conscious attitude is criminal, their Shadows are often saintly characters which cause them great nocturnal distress.

Fleeing is a typical anxiety scenario. Without knowing the wider situation of your life it is impossible to make any kind of accurate determination as to what is being symbolized. Taking flight followed by descent to the Earth is a mytho-symbolic drama, but the violent or non-violent descent (Icarus or Daedalus) is a determining factor. Icarus crashed to his death in the waters [unconscious]. Daedalus successfully landed on Earth again. I Would venture that transcendental flight, a spiritual trip, so-to-speak, is the remedy for anxiety - especially the root of anxiety which is fear of death.

One needs to take transcendental experiences back to Earth in order to integrate/incarnate that experience in the realm of human life. There in the womb of Mother Earth it gestates and develops and comes to fruition as the birth of a new life - a new personality. One is thus 'born again.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3489511 - 12/13/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey ellemy. I made a post about negative enteties encountered during physical body sleep earlier. negative entities may exist to scare you away, making you feel fear and starting to think of your physical body, thus leading to end in the astral experience.

there are ways to avoid them using "conjurations" which simply are phrases used to get rid of the negative entities. you can use these before you go to sleep and during you experience. from the book i have been reading, there are two mentioned.
these two can be used when in the astral plane.
one is jupiter. you use this placing your hand over your solar plexus(around the naval), put right hand in shape of gun with index and middle finger extended, other 2 fingers closed and thumb up. extending your arm and pointing to the entity pronounce these words 3 times;

"in the name of jupiter
father of gods
I conjure you
te vigos cosilim"

another is bellilin, which is divine energy which can blow the negative entity away. which you just sing, again 3 times

"belllin bellilin bellilin
amphora of salvation
I would like to be next to you,
materialism has no strength next to me,
bellilin bellilin bellilin"

apart from these, before you go to sleep, you can create a circle of protection(you can also do this after doing one of the previous two, to keep aea protected from other negative entities. the protective circle is a circle of light being held by the forces of nature, which forms a barrier against these negative entities. to do this yoiu say;

"my father lease, order my elemental intercessor to wrap a magical circle of protection around me (or the bed or room or whatever chosen) so that no evil entity can harm me'

as saying these, imagine a circle formed by a beam of light drawn around whereveer chosen. again do this 3 times and make sure the circle is complete.

this may sound silly to some, but I especially use the circle of protection before I go to sleep. I have not yet had great deal of success with astral projection, to be able to use the techniques I mentioned, but it it good for one to know and keep in mind. you can use the above two conjurations against any entoity you en counter in the astral plane, to learn if it is good or evil(as sometimes negative entities come in the disguise of good. I hope these can help you.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Serious dream question [Re: BanJankri]
    #3489540 - 12/13/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

^^^^^
nice post man

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Serious dream question [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3490187 - 12/13/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for everyone's input...

Markos, I was hoping you'd reply in this thread.  :smile:

Quote:

Your Shadow will manifest in the same gender as yourself but appear and behave in ways which you reject in your conscious attitude. 

Does this mean that since the person I'm fleeing from is always male that there is no way he could be my shadow?  I mean, the exact person changes everytime, like one time it was my father, and the next time it was a CIA guy, and another time it was Ashcroft and sometimes it is a person with no clear identity.  But it is always a male.  If not my shadow, then what could he want? 

Could it just be as simple as my uneasiness around heavy-fisted men in authority?  Or as simple as me just projecting my fears of no freedom into my dream?  Or am I just letting off steam by letting him chase me...in the dream, I hardly ever get caught, although come breathtakingly close.  The few times I do get caught, I always escape and the chase begins again.  Like I said, the weirdest thing is the sense of animalistic pleasure I get from being persued.  It's like in the dream, I don't like to get caught but I love (on a very basic level) being chased.  I mean, I always wake up in a cold sweat but at the same time I get a pleasure from it in the dream.  Sometimes I turn into a half-bird, half-human creature to jump up into the air and glide away before coming back down to the ground again. 

Sorry for all the questions about my dream...the advice in this thread has been very helpful and I appreciate everyone's replies.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3490301 - 12/13/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I like where max headroom is coming from in this.

Sure there are techniques and methods of casting more meaning upon things and then magically applying a voodoo to the application layer and hoping for respite, and that can work, sort of.

I get in a lot of trouble with my wife for encouraging the more oblique but insight oriented approaches, but that is based upon my familiarity of the mechanics in dreamspaces.

basically any attempt to avoid or to approach intensifies the presence of the ENGRAM, and the liklihood of its immanent return.

the dream sequence is a series of engrams that have become hooked into the totality of your personality matrix. Parts of the engram can be used as keys to underlying memories - both treasures and junk, other parts of the engram are mere support, bindings to retain the keys, like fractal interstices, but it looks like something else, andthat is how it holds together, simmilarity is the physics of dreamspace.

occasionally engrams are peripheral to the core, sometimes they become more core as a person attempts to avoid them (they will bind to aversion as well as to adoration). In any case, it is most important not to judge either yourself, your reaction to it, nor the dream sequence itself. It is not a measure of your worth it is just a set of keys to things inside.

About those things inside. you already know them, you already are them and they are OK.

relax, even the worst deamons are just part of the totality, and the totality is an amazing self sustaining plurality of creation and self creation. A constant chain of handing over center-stage is the modus operandi of this play.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder