Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Post your Dream
    #911101 - 09/26/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You can tell a lot from someone, by what they dream about. It reflects them on a very personal level. Dreams tap into your subconscious. I'd like to learn a lot about everyone, by finding out what they dream about. i'll open myself up, and post a dream i had this morning. I feel vulnerable doing so... but its what i gotz to dos.

The dream as i best remember goes as follows:
I was in my brothers bronco (he sold it a while ago), he was driving. Someone was in the passenger seat, while i was in the back. The law was chasing us, they were after me. The bronco couldnt go fast for some reason. I was telling him to increase the speed, the law was RIGHT behind us. He told me that the bronco couldnt go faster than that. We were moving really slow. Somehow we kept loosing them...we would take a quick turn, or some car would pull in the way. Eventually, after what seemed like 20 minutes of being chased, i jumped out of the car while my brother kept driving, and I ran to my house. The house was no where ive ever been.Yet i sensed it as my home. There i walked into a room, and (as i remember it) there was a woman there. She was staring out the window. I was strongly attracted...but didnt do anything. She had a beautiful smile. I made my way to find my mom (my grandmother). She knew the law was after me, but she didnt care. i could feel her love. She embraced me with a hug. We sat there talking, in each others arms. I think i heard the cops outside, so i ran to my room (ive never been there, but it was my room), i hid in my closet. The closet, suprisingly was the closet from my old house (this makes sense because i would go to my closet to think to myself, or hide during emotional times) .The cops found me, brought me out. I said "goodbye mom. i love you" to my grandma

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Post your Dream [Re: thePatient]
    #911194 - 09/26/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I know what you mean.

I have this recurring dream from my childhood.

My Mom and me are out walking in a park, holding hands. The wind starts blowing really hard and eventually we are flying through the sky holding hands and soaring with the birds. Everything is wonderful and beautiful as we fly higher and higher. Up we go higher and higher and faster and faster.

Then we are back on the ground in my bedroom lying in bed and smoking cigarettes.

I have always wondered what it meant.

Cheers,

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Post your Dream [Re: ]
    #911196 - 09/26/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome. Flying dreams are the greatest.
What they mean is that you are unhindered. Free. Sovereign.
Catch my drift?

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

#911202 - 09/26/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A good friend directed me to this site : http://www.petrix.com/dreams/everything.html . I've found it to be accurate, especially with my latest dream. It's worth your while, if you take the time to decipher it.

Edit: Though, i think we all truly know what are dreams are about. We can sense what they mean, or what they are trying to tell us. But sometimes they get complicated, and a site like this helps.

--------------------

Edited by thePatient (09/26/02 11:40 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Post your Dream [Re: Shroomism]
    #911204 - 09/26/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, but the part I wondered about was why were we smoking cigarettes in my bedroom after we were done flying.  My mom didn't even smoke.  :confused: 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911217 - 09/26/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe it means something like you can go to the higher vibrations and enjoy yourself freely but you still have to remain in the material until you finish your mission. Or something..

--------------------

Anonymous

#911221 - 09/26/02 11:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What would Freud say?

Anonymous

#911231 - 09/26/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am not sure but maybe it has to do with my obession with flower arranging and my secret desire to become a hair dresser. :wink: 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #911249 - 09/26/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Man to woman: "Do you smoke after sex?"

Woman to man:" Don't know. I never looked."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Post your Dream [Re: Swami]
    #911256 - 09/26/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I promise NOT to do the one about, "Do you have a little Greek in you?" and I always keep my promises.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (09/26/02 11:56 PM)

Anonymous

#911259 - 09/26/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know what that has to do with my dream but I do know that after I told my Mom about it she told my Dad and they got in a big fight.

Then Dad came into my room and spanked me.

But that is another story.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911261 - 09/26/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And I definitely will skip the one, "Where were you reared?" because that one is not EVEN funny.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #911265 - 09/26/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What do you think Jung would say?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#911266 - 09/26/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Then Dad came into my room and spanked me.

Are you playing straight man today? That one is so obvious that I will skip right over it.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Post your Dream [Re: Shroomism]
    #911267 - 09/27/02 12:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Jung wasn't hung on the Oedipal thang the way Freud was. He was into a different chakra level.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #911885 - 09/27/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Funny you should mention dreams here on the Shroomery today. Last night I dreamt 3Dshroom came over and went swimming in the pool, even though it's closed for the season. He let loose these little spiders to "spread some Texas cheer" and by the end of the day there were HUGE, red spiders all around the house and yard. He kept saying that they get even bigger in Texas. WTF?

Later 3D seemed to disappear from the dream without notice or reason and I went to my cousin's wedding with my friends, where a belligerent drunk kicked my ex-boss in the stomach and he ended up dying. Then we met these girls who took us to this exclusive party full of snobs out in the forest. The girls ended up being the biggest snobs of all. Then I borrowed one of the snob's expensive high-tech future cell-phones and ended up breaking it by accident.

My dreams have gotten progressively weirder throughout my monthlong drug abstinence period.

But I don't think dreams are interperable in any practical way. i.e. I don't think the presence of lizards in a dream denotes sexual yearning or anything like that. I think dream dictionaries are pure bunk. People tend to dream about what they've been thinking about since they last slept, so it makes sense that objects of much thought, especially things people chronically stress over, would appear in dreams.

When I was in school I used to always have dreams about forgetting my homework whenever I knew I was neglecting an assignment. In that sense, dreams can have some useful meaning, but IMO dreams are for the most part just a mishmash of all the unresolved thoughts one experieces throughout the day.

But you are right, they do allow us to experience thoughts lying deep in our subconsciousness that may not see the light of day otherwise.

If you want to know more about my twisted subconscious, here is another notable, recent dream of mine:

I went travelling to Africa on my own (this probably comes from my constant thoughts about moving out west on my own in a week). Before I left, I decided to buy some drugs from a kid at the airport for some reason. When I got home, I opened the bundle he had given me and discovered it was heroin and marijuana. I decided I'd try the heroin because there was only a small amount, so I snorted some of it and immediately after I did, there was a knock on my bedroom door (which was the bedroom in a house I lived in ten years ago). I answered it and it was Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. We talked about music and stuff for a while, and then he discovered my heroin stash. He gave me a stern lecture about heroin (he is a former heroin addict) but no matter what I said, I knew I was losing the repore I had built with him. Everything I said sounded like it was coming from the druggie on an after-school special. "I only wanted to try it once"; "I'm never going to buy it again"; "I seriously doubt I'll get addicted to this stuff." It was grim.

Heh.. I wonder what that dream was trying to tell me?

The funny thing is now I seem to be recalling the details of my dreams MUCH more clearly than ever before. The flow of the dream is often forgotten, but certain moments of certain dreams will stick with me forever.

Recurring themes or patterns in my dreams:

-Discovering that flying is pretty easy; I just run, but I run 'upwards' instead of horizontally. Makes sense.

-Gliding on the floor. The mechanics of this still aren't quite clear to me, but it's like I'm lying on my stomach, hovering a few inches or sometimes a few feet above the ground. Kind of like an air hockey table. I sling myself around with poles and trees. It seems so natural, like I've done it a million times.

-Being late for something or forgetting something important.

-World-wide holidays or festivals. These are strange. Usually it's just a day where everybody I see is doing the same thing because it's an estalished holiday, like garage sale day, or deer hunting day (WTF??)

-Greivous but painless injuries to myself. Usually they take the form of severed limbs or deep cuts. Once a boomerang hit my genitals and they fell off, complete with veins and squirting blood. They are always quite gruesome, but I'm never too concerned about them and they don't hurt.

-Meeting celebrities and spending the day with them. Almost invariably, I eventually say or do something that causes them to abandon me, or else they just abandon me on their own initiative. Usually they are second rate celebrities (Arsenio Hall, Corey Haim, etc.)

I think recurring themes can say a lot about someone, but I'm horrified to think of what these recurrances might indicate about me.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #911901 - 09/27/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have a question for everyone:

Would you say you dream every night?

My psychology teacher told me people dream every night, whether they reach REM sleep or not. Most people just don't recall their dreams very often. I know I dream every single time I sleep, even if just for five minutes. I can't imagine dreaming without sleeping, but I know people who swear they rarely dream.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Post your Dream [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #912078 - 09/27/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Would you say you dream every night?

I know for a fact that we dream several times a night. IMO, the reason why i don't remember the dreams sometimes is because the dreams are short and many. They eventually get jumbled together. After having really long dreams, like the one from yesterday, i always wake up like i was hit by a train. It feels as if i went through something long and intense, and my body is just feeling the after-affects. Though i am usually well-rested.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Re: Post your Dream [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #912119 - 09/27/02 11:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

But I don't think dreams are interperable in any practical way... I think dream dictionaries are pure bunk...

I agree, in the most part. I only posted the dream dictionary link because the definitions seemed to fit my dream almost perfectly. I never said it would be the same for everyone. I never really believed in "dream" dictionaries, for the soul purpose that no one could possibly understand what was going on inside my head, except me. This is why i'll consider peoples advices, but will always take my own. Pschologists cant possibly give you the best answer to all your problems, they dont know you, and your situation like you do. But back to dreams... I think dreams are interperable in some instances. There are dreams where you KNOW what the meaning is. I also agree that if you've been thinking about something on a critical level, you will have a higher chance of dreaming about it. But that just shows that your subconscious plays a big part in your dreams. You dwelling on whatever it is you were contemplating, that it seemed only right for you to dream about it in some way. Maybe to give you another perspective?

Heres another dream i dreamt a year ago. I still remember it pretty well to this day.
This is the summarization of it :

I was in my moms van. My mom was driving, my brother was on the left of me, and one of my teachers was in the passenger seat. This teacher i have never dreamt about before, and ever again. I looked up to this teacher in some way because he seemed like he was in-tune with his heart. Not to menchin, he had a white beard and long white hair. This guy was definitly not your normal teacher. Anyways, he sat in the front with a clip board and paper, and a pencil. He was asking my brother questions. He would ask "...and how does your brother treat you?" My brother would then describe my actions towards him so horribly, that it couldnt be true. Yet, it was. As soon as he was done, i would try and plead my side. But as i was saying the words...i realized that i was in the wrong. "He is exagerating, i only make-fun, or call him names....i...i dont really diminish his spirit...im just trying to...help...." There was no arguing it this time, i usually argue my way out of almost everything. This dream taught me a lesson, i was being extremly rude to my brother. I shouldn't be so mean, even though he does stupid stuff, and even if through ridicule i was only trying to help.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #916722 - 09/29/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to try and summarize a sequence of dreams I had about 15 minutes ago...
The first is very vague, but I remember the specific feeling of going on a long journey. There were faceless alien-type beings that took me to an alternate dimension, and showed me many things. I remember being in some kind of flying ship, and being in environments I have never been to or dreamed of before... I don't usually have dreams like this, that's why it stands out enough to be remembered in my mind.

The second one was a bit more "realistic", as I was at a party on a small farm. There was a band playing there, and I was playing some tabla drums for them... there were alot of people I didn't recognize in my dream, and I felt my usual feelings of alienation. :smile:
Then, a strange thing happened. I looked up in the sky, and some sort of bright, red star appeared, and slowly started pulsating, until it grew to maximum size and exploded in a flash of light. It fractalled out into many small red pieces of light, some streaming towards the Earth. I was a little worried but I kept calm, even when they hit the atmosphere, turning into a thick, foggy substance. Everything was in chaos, everywhere l looked.

Then I remember waking up (in the dream) and getting online, and telling Shroomism about my dreams. 
:grin:   

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Edited by Adamist (09/29/02 12:44 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Post your Dream [Re: Adamist]
    #916803 - 09/29/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think you might have glimpsed the snake eggs coming down from the mothership.

Watch out!

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #916882 - 09/29/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I once had a very weird dream.. :smile:  I was something like an old kind of gangster. I entered a home and there there were some womens, men and kids. I started shooting them with no remorse very calmly one by one.(I am a very nonviolent person). Another weird thing is that I found a small baby crying and then I stopped shooting. I couldn't shoot him. :smile: What do you guys think? 

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale