Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Finding Water? *DELETED* *DELETED*
    #3330000 - 11/07/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by LunarEclipse<p>Reason for deletion: Felt like it.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 04:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Finding Water? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3330004 - 11/07/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have no idea! Interesting question though.. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread just because I'm curious now! :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Finding Water? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3330012 - 11/07/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"anyone can be 'the best' of something, its just a matter of prioritizing it"
-unknown :p

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3330179 - 11/07/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dowsers tested under controlled conditions have always failed miserably, performing no better than chance.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Finding Water? [Re: Swami]
    #3330608 - 11/07/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They used a Y shaped stick from an Alder tree I believe (but I'm probably wrong about the tree type)

They would stick the base into the ground, hold on to the two 'arms' of the Y, close their eyes, and listen for the water flowing.

This is just one technique I read about somewhere a long time ago, heh. Supposedly, the dowsers were very respected members of their communities and had great success rates, even when 'professionals' didn't.

Of course, this is all hearsay, I've never seen it practiced :/

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3331385 - 11/07/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Dowsers tested under controlled conditions have always failed miserably, performing no better than chance. "

really? not to doubt you but

"source and link please?"

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Finding Water? *DELETED* [Re: deff]
    #3331429 - 11/07/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Finding Water? [Re: poke smot!]
    #3331546 - 11/07/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah divining rod I think :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3332460 - 11/08/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I can tell all of you that Two pieces of Coat hangers about 14-16 inches long and bent 90 deg at one end. say 4 inches back.

WILL FIND WATER

I learned it from a very old man. He has been drilling water wells all over eastern Michigan for 60 years. HE FINDS ALL DRILL POINTS WITH COAT HANGERS.

Now I am saying this because I know that it works. I have found 2 wells this way. One on my own property and one on a friends.

I also know a Septic tank guy that finds all lost tanks with coat hanger wires. He can find all the ceramic tubes in the septic field as well.

I do not know how it works or do I care. But I do know it works.

Take the wires one in each hand. Hold the shorter end in your hand very lightly.They must be able to just about blow in the wind. That is how ligtly you need to hold them but very level. The long end of the wire is pointing striaght out rom you. Hold them level and start with them pointing straight from you at gut level. I support my forearms against my hips. The rods should be about 12-14 inches apart  Then you slowly walk about. The wires will point to water. If they both swing left walk left, right then walk right. When you are right over the water source. The wires will Cross over each other.

It took very little practice to make this work. I was amazed.When I first tried this I knew where my sepic tank and shit was. SO I tried there first. It worked perfect!! The rrods would just swing around and point at each other when I croosed right over know water sources. HEY but mabey I am somehow controling them?? OK of the house down the street, about 4 miles. I ask this guy if he wants to help me prove or disprove this thing. WE kinda know each other but I have never been on his farm. So I get down to walking his yard. 5 min into it I find his septic lines. I figured out which way they were running and followed them to his Sseptic tamk. We were both very suprized. :shocked:. Then he suggested I try to find his well point. Then he would believe. 20 min later I had it, well I first found his pipe from the well and followed it to the source. We believed.

THIS IS A VERY REAL TECHNIQUE. People have been drilling wells like this for hundreds of years.
Edit:
One more thing. The TEK with the Y stick does not work like the movies. It does not point straight down and pull on you. It swings from side to side. The two points on the body act as hinges. The pointy end acts like a pointer. Left,right srtaight :laugh:

Google it :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Edited by Fucknuckle (11/08/04 07:17 AM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#3333064 - 11/08/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

".

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 04:35 PM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding Water? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3333105 - 11/08/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 04:34 PM)

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3333603 - 11/08/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it works alright. If you experiment with known water sources first then you will see what I am talking about. Even in homes with city water you can find the pipe coming in from the street.

You will be AMAZED just like I was. The guy who came out to my house and drilled our well, used a stick. His spot was only about 8 feet different from the spot I picked. I never said a word to him until after he picked the spot. We both had a good laugh.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3333807 - 11/08/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Moonshoe asked you for a link to back up your claim, but apparently you have none.

Why is that apparrent? Do you have a link for everything that have eever read or studied? Seeing as how I am APPARENTLY one of the few that knows how to use a search engine, here is one:

web page

Does dowsing work?

Of more interest than why the rods move, however, is the issue of whether dowsing works. Obviously, many people believe it does. Dowsing and other forms of divination have been around for thousands of years. There are large societies of dowsers in America and Europe and dowsers practice their art every day in all parts of the world. There have even been scientists in recent years who have offered proof that dowsing works. There must be something to it, then, or so it seems.

The testimonials of dowsers and those who observe them provide the main evidence for dowsing. The evidence is simple: dowsers find what they are dowsing for and they do this many times. What more proof of dowsing is needed? The fact that this pattern of dowsing and finding something occurs repeatedly leads many dowsers and their advocates to make the causal connection between dowsing and finding water, oil, minerals, golf balls, etc. This type of fallacious reasoning is known as post hoc reasoning and is a very common basis for belief in paranormal powers. It is essentially unscientific and invalid. Scientific thinking includes being constantly vigilant against self-deception and being careful not to rely upon insight or intuition in place of rigorous and precise empirical testing of theoretical and causal claims. Every controlled study of dowsers, including the "Scheunen" study [see below], has shown that dowsers do no better than chance in finding what they are looking for.

Most dowsers do not consider it important to doubt their dowsing powers or to wonder if they are self-deceived. They never consider doing a controlled scientific test of their powers. They think that the fact that they have been successful over the years at dowsing is proof enough. When dowsers are scientifically tested and fail, they generally react with genuine surprise. Typical is what happened when James Randi tested some dowsers using a protocol they all agreed upon. If they could locate water in underground pipes at an 80% success rate they would get $10,000 (now the prize is over $1,000,000). All the dowsers failed the test, though each claimed to be highly successful in finding water using a variety of non-scientific instruments, including a pendulum. Says Randi, "the sad fact is that dowsers are no better at finding water than anyone else. Drill a well almost anywhere in an area where water is geologically possible, and you will find it."

Some of the strongest evidence for dowsing comes from Germany and the so-called "Scheunen" or "Barn" experiment. In 1987 and 1988, more than 500 dowsers participated in more than 10,000 double-blind tests set up by physicists in a barn near Munich. (Scheune is the German word for barn.) The researchers claim they empirically proved "a real dowsing phenomenon." Jim Enright of the Scripps Institute of Oceanography evaluated the data and concluded that the so-called "real dowsing phenomenon" can reasonably be attributed to chance. His argument is rather lengthy, but here is a taste of it:

The long and the short of it is that dowsing performance in the Scheunen experiments was not reproducible. It was not reproducible inter-individually: from a pool of some 500 self-proclaimed dowsers, the researchers selected for their critical experiments 43 candidates whom they considered most promising on the basis of preliminary testing; but the investigators themselves ended up being impressed with only a few of the performances of only a small handful from that select group. And, even more troublesome for the hypothesis, dowsing performance was not reproducible intra-individually: those few dowsers, who on one occasion or another seemed to do relatively well, were in their other comparable test series usually no more successful than the rest of the "unskilled" dowsers (Enright ?Water Dowsing: the Scheunen Experiments,? Naturwissenschaften, vol. 82 1995).

The Barn study itself is curious. It seems clearly to have been repudiated by another German study done in 1992 by a group of German scientists and skeptics. The Gesellschaft zur wissenschaftlichen Untersuchung von Parawissenschaften (GWUP) [Society for the Scientific Investigation of the Parasciences] set up a three-day controlled test of some thirty dowsers, mostly from Germany. The test was done at Kassel, north of Frankfurt, and televised by a local television station. The test involved plastic pipe buried 50 centimeters in a level field through which a large flow of water could be controlled and directed. On the surface, the position of the pipe was marked with a colored stripe, so all the dowsers had to do was tell whether there was water running through the pipe. All the dowsers signed a statement that they agreed the test was a fair test of their abilities and that they expected a 100% success rate. The results were what one would expect by chance (Randi, 1995). Defenders of dowsing do not care for these results, and continue to claim that the Barn study provides scientific proof of dowsing.

After the usual ad-hominems, whining and hand-wringing is done; NOT ONE PERSON will put up an equal amount of money up to $20,000 to take the Swami Dowsing Challenge. Hasn't changed in 5 years. Won't change in the future.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3334085 - 11/08/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Do you have a link for everything that have eever read or studied?"

just trying to get you to adhere to the demands you yourself so continuously and irritatingly force on others, namely providing a 'source and link' for everything youve ever heard read or known.

you did it, so now your not a hypocrite anyways

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Finding Water? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3334215 - 11/08/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

...irritatingly...

Irritation is a self-imposed mindstate. Any intermediate/advanced student of spirituality knows enough to take responsibility for his/her emotions.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (11/08/04 06:52 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3334319 - 11/08/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

like I said

cheese and crackers

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#3334385 - 11/08/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

God is real?

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 04:34 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3335149 - 11/08/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

BOTTOM LINE: Non-stop talk with no takers on my bet. That says it all!

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#3336529 - 11/09/04 09:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

BOTTOM LINE: Non-stop talk.

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 04:33 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3336704 - 11/09/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you have your head up your ass

I am at least as "spiritually advanced" so as to be able to read and comply with the basic rules of this forum.

Your assessment of me has been done hundreds of times by people unable to back up their claims, yet think they are clever. This form of ad hominem has been standardized as "Believer Response #8" and has NO place in a rational discussion.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder