Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemr crisper

i find subjective reality more interesting
    #695731 - 06/23/02 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the reports of my 5 senses, material science and swami's rock in the back of my head, all point to an objective reality. things happen outside of my being which i cannot control.
the problem, for me, with objective reality is that it leaves life rather meaningless, a series of chaotic random events.....to be honest, i find it boring and stagnating.
i prefer to imagine that every event, every thing and everyone contains a meaning, a message that forms a map for me to chart my journey thru life.
frequently there are crossroads and options, sometimes i lose my way for a while, but such an attitude gives me the illusion of changing in a direction, evolving, rather than random mutation or going in circles.
maintaining a view of subjectiveness leads closer and closer to unity, the opposite results in legion.

guyot, yoga for the west, puts forward these postulates.
by postulates, he means they are ideas, theories to entertain, not adages or aphorisms.
play it like a game, it cannot be any less enjoyable than wallowing in objective reality. be like a child playing make-believe, which we kinda are anyway, its just a different set of playground rules.
"1- the fundamental laws of our thought are those of universal thought.
2- the contents of our thought is exclusively composed of our representations (present sensations or recollections), on whatever plane our thought exercises its action.
3-representations are an internal creation of our thought, which we erroneously attribute to an action exerted on ourselves by an external reality.
4- under normal circumstances we are not conscious of creating this representation. consequently under normal circumstances we are unable voluntarily and directly to produce or modify this representation.
5- an adequate training enables us to render conscious the creative action of our thought, and in this way voluntarily and directly to produce or modify this representation, that is, we erroneously call the outside world.
6-by rendering conscious and voluntary the creative action of our thought we identify ourselves with universal thought.
7- by identifying ourselves with universal thought we unite the relative ego or mental with the absolute ego, unconditioned, sole source of all thought and consequently of all action and all reality....(this) is the en-soph of the cabalists."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: i find subjective reality more interesting [Re: mr crisper]
    #697926 - 06/24/02 10:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just knew I shouldn't have come into this forum but here I am, obviously not content with the one philisophical view I have to numb my head with a multitude of ideas;an endless sea of possibilities!

Anyway cool post crisper, now I just need a little time to get my head around it., Now where was I...? Ahh yes! Aphorisms....

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: i find subjective reality more interesting [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #700858 - 06/25/02 04:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks roger
i suppose it comes down to head vs heart. sometimes the heart knows the best route to take, even tho' it seems pretty flaky.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #700862 - 06/25/02 04:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I see how the practice of Yoga has brought India and Pakistan so close together.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: i find subjective reality more interesting [Re: Swami]
    #701009 - 06/25/02 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i don't think pakistanis are into yoga
why do you feel that comment is relevant to this thread?

Edited by mr crisper (06/25/02 05:32 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#701488 - 06/25/02 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If we were to do a relevance check, 90% of the posts would fail!

Funny, you didn't say anything about the Indians.

I commented because it is another widespread practice / belief that is not reflected in the real world. A practice of SUBSTANCE would mirror itself in daily life.

I lived in an Ashram of sorts: Ananda, the oldest non-traditional spiritual community(Yogic) in the USA. Same petty ego squabbles, same judgement, etc.

Check out my signature quote one more time.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (06/25/02 08:00 PM)

Invisiblemr crisper

#702238 - 06/26/02 07:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

If we were to do a relevance check, 90% of the posts would fail

who is qualified to judge? would you include 90% of your posts in this survey?
90%? you just made that up to get a bite...and here we go -

btw - what is the real world?
science acknowledges that all matter is nothing but vibration, there is nothing solid here just certain receptors give their limited info to your mind that it seems as such. the boundary between your undoubtably sexy body and everything else is simply a creation of your imagination...its all the same thing, you are a center of expression floating in energy.
the 7 postulates i posted are far from widespread beliefs, did you actually read them? i have yet to knowingly meet anyone that entertains them.
you lived in an ashram? i, too, have lived in ashrams in india, italy, thailand and australia, as in any social group you have the same percentages of wise, egotistical and foolish. i learnt things from these places, maybe not what i was hoping to learn, but lessons were there.
swami, why do i get the feeling you have spent most of your life running all over the place looking for an answer and now sit cynical and bitter, poo-pooing everything? what, did you think you would find some magic word, or some long-haired dude in white underpants would tap you on the forehead and you would reside in eternal bliss and compleat wisdom? the answer is unfolding constantly, like a woman pulling up her skirt but never reaching the 'cheese'.
it is only to be found inside you, and it is only relevant to you.
life is not an intellectual experience, the intellect is an aspect of life.

i give you the crisper challenge, try to spend a week acting as if you are the center of the universe, acting as though everything and everyone is some way the creator chooses to communicate, educate and entertain you, even the stink of your shit is a form of missive which only you can understand. naturally, communication is a 2-way process, so you should act as though every word you utter, every movement you make, including auto-fellatio, is your way of questioning, responding and dancing with the creator.
go on, it's just a game.

i await your copy/paste frenzy, but goooooooooooo ooonnnnnnnnnnn try it

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#702418 - 06/26/02 08:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

who is qualified to judge?
Apparently you think that you are, else you would not called my post irrelevant.

the boundary between your undoubtably sexy body
Have you been peeking?

everything else is simply a creation of your imagination...
I know and if you are not nice to me, I can make you disappear.

the 7 postulates i posted are far from widespread beliefs, did you actually read them? i have yet to knowingly meet anyone that entertains them.
Am so tired of postulates. Please demonstrate how external reality can me modified by changing one's thoughts and I will become your disciple.

swami, why do i get the feeling you have spent most of your life running all over the place looking for an answer
You mean like India, Italy, Thailand and Australia?

and now sit cynical and bitter, poo-pooing everything? what, did you think you would find some magic word, or some long-haired dude in white underpants would tap you on the forehead and you would reside in eternal bliss and compleat wisdom?
I learned things from these places, maybe not what I was hoping to learn, but lessons were there.

the answer is unfolding constantly, like a woman pulling up her skirt but never reaching the 'cheese'.
If it smells like cheese you better head for the door.

i give you the crisper challenge, try to spend a week acting as if you are the center of the universe,
As if?! *THUNDERS* I am the center, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA!

every movement you make, including auto-fellatio
Have not been able to do that since I stopped practicing yoga. Now I use a special vacuum cleaner attachment.

Stays Crispy, even in milk!

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#703316 - 06/26/02 06:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i love you, too swamswams.

so...was that a yes?

btw, i only asked you to explain the relevancy of your pak/india post as its connection to this thread was too subtle for me to observe.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: What in the fuck is SHE doing here? [Re: mr crisper]
    #703669 - 06/26/02 08:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You guys fucking kill me. hehehe
Literate squabbles are THE best.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology