Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Arizona
Question about dose...
    #3052807 - 08/26/04 12:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am curious what most people here consider a good dose. I'm on my first grow (pf tek) and have tripped 5 times now. The first 4 times I only had 1 cake that was ready for harvest, and I ate them right after harvesting them (22 - 27 grams wet). This was a very pleasant buzz, but I wanted something more intense (hence my username).

So I finally got enough for a heavy trip (10 grams dry. I was going to trip with my bro but he cancelled). Last night I figured I'd start with 4 grams (dried & ground up, added to 12 oz fresh carrot/apple juice). 2 hours after consumption, I was drifting along comfortably semi-conscious, and all of a sudden I was yanked back to the 'here & now' by a strong urge to vomit.

I tried to fight the urge, but to no avail. After three heaves the feeling disappeared (along with the contents of my stomache), and I was left to enjoy the remainder of my trip. I woke up this morning with no ill effects whatsoever.

I have to admit, I was (and am) disappointed with wasting good shrooms that way. I have friends that have had incredible spiritual experiences after eating 4 - 5 grams, and I guess I have been longing for something similar, but now am wondering if my body will allow me to pass into the 'zen zone'.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this (I'm sure if it is, a mod will move it), but I was wondering if any of you have experienced anything similar and if you have found a way to 'keep them down'. Or am I going to have to settle on lower dose trips?
Peace, out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Inguland
Re: Question about dose... [Re: lookin4god]
    #3052837 - 08/26/04 12:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you puked 2 hours after you ate them, I expect you would have absorbed all the goodies, so no waste.

The nausea is very unpredictable, sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't.  The more I do shrooms, the less orften I feel sick on them.  Try eating something to settle your stomach, like ginger or something.  Avoid caffeine or alcohol before you trip.

Wrong forum btw :wink:

Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
    #3052842 - 08/26/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have personaly had that kind of trip (talking to god).It was 5+ grams of dried cubesis from the florida fields.

7 days without waves makes one weak!

#3059991 - 08/27/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A good idea may be to grind up your dose into dust, I use a small metal strainer, and add it to a small shot of orange juice. Split up the dust for more shots if needed. Take the shot(s) on a nearly empty stomach. I rarely experience nausea using this method. Usually the come up is so quick that there is no time for nausea. As for high doses, I have found that heavy spiritual experiences can be had at relatively low dose travels. "A high dose does not necessarily grant enlightenment." The best catalyst is education and preparation. Give a look to Tim Leary's The Psychedelic Experience.

Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#3061296 - 08/28/04 09:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Also, it is very unpredictable with the strength of the mushroom. Like I said in another thread, I have taken 5 dry grams before and only got a buz, 4 grams broke my ego, and 3 dry grams once took me farther than I really wanted to go. Just don't go into any trip expecting anything, just let go and see where the journey takes you. Also, using some soft, good spirited music will really help you reach enlightenment IMO...

Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #3139418 - 09/15/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I always get the urge to puke, its a piss take. Last time i was tripping i was sniffing poppers to the point where i threw up, but i closed my mouth and swallowed it back down lol. I used to puke often on shrooms, i always eat fresh and every time/most times i puke, either at the beggining or end my trip will suddenly stop. Sometimes iv puked on the come up so in the end i didn't actully end up tripping, which sucks. Now i learned just to hold em down as much as i can an think of sumink completly different untill it passes (such as a random chair, thought etc.) I just try and eat a biscuit or sumin b4 i shroom, i think im guna try drinking a little milk to line my stomach.

p.s you must try poppers while tripping, its an ultimate high, it sends you into deep thoughts/trances and you don't even get a head ache or a bad mood just a ultra high which lasts for the rest of your trip, usually after sniffing poppers music starts jumping and making no sense and i hullicinate my bollox off. Suddenly dreams and memories come back to me and seem to had a big impact of my emotions, sumtimes i had tears in my eyes, sumtimes from sadness coz these dreams or memeries seem to mean SO much to me or sometimes just coz the poppers melt the world around you away..pure tranquility, i strongly suddgest U try it!

Happy tripping

Loc: Mid TN
Re: Question about dose... [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3140243 - 09/15/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the hells a popper...

Re: Question about dose... [Re: SirRobin]
    #3140896 - 09/15/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I would never do poppers on shrooms...

Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience