Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | 1487 | 1488 | 1489 | 1490 | 1491 | 1492 |
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: schmutzen] * 4
    #29689811 -

schmutzen said:
Cultivating seems to help my mental health just as much if not more so eating the actual fruits.

Happy growing!
:mushdance:





That is my experience as well, the growing itself and exchange here on the
forum gave me a lot to add to the little I had. I'm actually eating a lot
less mushrooms since I have started cultivating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Baba Yaga] * 4
    #29689814 -

Baba Yaga said:
schmutzen said:
Cultivating seems to help my mental health just as much if not more so eating the actual fruits.

Happy growing!
:mushdance:





That is my experience as well, the growing itself and exchange here on the
forum gave me a lot to add to the little I had. I'm actually eating a lot
less mushrooms since I have started cultivating.



Crazy how that works.  Seems like the bigger my stash is the less i acrually eat them.  Im overdo for a full ghost walk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Zef] * 2
    #29689823 -

Zef said:
I'm confused and lost what the hell is OTD? I've fallen and I can't get up



It was just a bad dream. Go back to sleep.
:jimmies:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29689826 -

:whathesaid::hug:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29689827 -

BeefExtreme said:
Doing good man.  Tryin to wrap up
The noty season.  Where you been?



Respectfully the NOTY are so fire that I wouldn't vote for me in a million years.

I hope Ras, Splittinghairs,Joe, blood, and Mistakes all get a solid shot

Honestly just letting work stress hit me too hard, just need to find a way to handle it all better. Sheesh even this forum drama today way better distraction than disassociating after work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29689828 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
Zef said:
I'm confused and lost what the hell is OTD? I've fallen and I can't get up



It was just a bad dream. Go back to sleep.
:jimmies:



:nodofunderstanding:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Zef] * 4
    #29689835 -

GC, I gotta hand it to ya. 
:kaneclap:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29689850 -

AstroSporeFiend said:
GC, I gotta hand it to ya. 
:kaneclap:



I just hope this drives up the traffic of the site.
This is too good of a community to let that define it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29689855 -

I hear ya, dude. Right there with ya.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29689991 -

You guys are villains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Headies] * 3
    #29690025 -

Headies said:
You guys are villains.





--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Headies] * 1
    #29690026 -

Pastywhyte said:
Awebig Throy said:
I'd probably start growing again, but mushrooms are so cheap and easy to have sent to my address.  The equipment and spore print would probably draw more attention these days.




Just grow for the love of it. If you need to pitch a garbage bag over the fence at a festival or three so be it. I remember once dosing a whole wedding with a lb of APE. Good times :rockon:


:vibin:



:cookiemonster:'Advice of the day':cookiemonster:

And whenever you find yourself low on any substance, everyone wants to return the favor. Nothing beats a total stranger giving you a hug and a bag of weed, 'for those shrooms' you have zero memory about lol.
bloodssonnew said:
What's acab mean :popcorn:







Headies said:
You guys are villains.



:cheer::towelie::cheer:


And for the rest good morning everyone.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29690066 -

So, I was thinking about starting an ATL7 project, for funsies.  For you salty cultists out there, should I just focus on sclerotia or actually try my hand at fruiting them.

Which do you like better? Stones or fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend] * 1
    #29690083 -

I really liked the fruits of ATL-7 = tampanensis. The sclerotia taste like puke and I always get stomach cramps, also with mexicana. There's a range of opinions on what would cause this, but I for sure couldn't avoid it.

You can leave jars for well over a year, harvest the sclerotia, put in damp coir or verm or even perlite, and they'll produce very potent fruits.
Like such (wouldn't do that with perlite anymore but eh):

Ps tampanensis 2018


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29690111 -

Man, if the sclerotia really tastes that bad, I guess I’ll go with fruiting. Actually, assuming I can even get a clean culture, maybe I’ll do a little of both. I just want to try something new.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29690166 -

Churpee Choozle said:
I really liked the fruits of ATL-7 = tampanensis. The sclerotia taste like puke and I always get stomach cramps, also with mexicana. There's a range of opinions on what would cause this, but I for sure couldn't avoid it.




:whathesaid:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: AstroSporeFiend]
    #29690168 -

I've eaten sclerotia once in my life, and I will never repeat such an experience again.

30g of tasting like a nursing home — the first 10g were hard to swallow, but I had to force the rest down and it felt like punishment.

I would definitely fruit them...

Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: thumbsy] * 4
    #29690172 -

The thing about sclerotia is, it's  EASY.

You can still spawn to bulk and don't have to try to fruit, sclerotia forms quickly and you can just let it sit in the dark for months getting more potent.

As far as eating it, I personally find it better than fruits, it has a dank nut like flavor, but gives some bad, nasty heartburn and reflux for some.

However there are ways around that! Here's my turtle army of ATL7 sclerotia gummies.

They were very easy going and staying down.



Fruiting it takes specific conditions,  much less forgiving than cubes.

Best done in a Martha. They love it super wet and need drainage.


--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Toe_Jam] * 2
    #29690176 -

Those gummies look god damn incredible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: nuds]
    #29690183 -

Thanks nuds.

Here's my latest batch, Tidal Wave ghost and pumpkin gummies!

     



--------------------
Smile through our disguises.

:dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | 1487 | 1488 | 1489 | 1490 | 1491 | 1492 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,469 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* Mushroom Cultivation Categories of Questions: kykeon 2,958 9 11/19/02 08:50 PM
by fredthetree
* I've cultivated... zetek 905 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Malaysian tree turtle poop EatAbortstoo 925 8 11/15/02 09:33 AM
by PsiloSteve
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,111 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc
* Question from a beginning cultivator -> alucard 1,156 6 08/06/03 03:00 PM
by soochi
* Grow 60+ dry grams Tek
( 1 2 3 4 all )
f8L 9,676 68 04/10/03 11:55 PM
by DogWorld
* How many grams of shrooms (approximately) do u harvest from a 1/2 pint cake? Anonymous 11,367 13 10/30/04 10:41 PM
by phantasm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
467,845 topic views. 18 members, 79 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.023 seconds on 16 queries.