Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2140 | 2141 | 2142 | 2143 | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 |
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #29675770 -

fahtster said:
Decent 2nd flush ziplock tray


This is a 1:2 tray




:fuckinawesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic] * 1
    #29675823 -

Generic said:
I'm trying to grow some pans where the only thing purchased for the purpose of mush cult would be a small amount of agar agar and some vermiculite for the casing that i've had stored for over 10 years now. (well, and the trays, and the martha and humidifier :lol:)

I pasteurized this mixture of stuff i found laying around... my friend's horse's poo (field aged and leached), some leftover hemp herd, and some chopped up ...grass straw (perfect time of year for that)  I've got leftover hydrated lime someone gave to me, and my friend has some leftover peat from something ganja related I think.

anyone know what kind of grass this is?  i excluded these seed heads even though they seem to have dropped their seeds already.


last year I did the same ingredients but with oat straw


It's been sitting in the bag since friday night and only pasteurized an hour (i'm hoping that works out, sounds like some people pasteurize for much longer, and its in a filter patch bag but idk if it's wrapped up so that it can breathe or not, we'll see tonight.)




here it is, a 1:1 tray of pan bisporus in that substrate mix above.  I spawned pan portland and 1 pan cyan peace river to that mix as well.  fingers crossed.

I have so much spawn and I didn't want to make the trays too deep, so i went with a 1:1 (plus a handful extra of substrate for some)

smelled like the mixture had a little too much nitrogen in it.  hemp hurd does little to nothing to offset the c:n ratio, and there wasnt much straw added.  The substrate sitting in the bag for 4 days didn't smell anaerobic, but at the bottom of the bag where it was wetter it did smell a little bit too strong



help me dial in the martha and watch these pans (and tamps and semps) progress, over in this thread. - setting up a Martha with an AC Infinity cloudforge T7 humidifier

or give me input here, i'm open

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic] * 1
    #29675991 -

I've been using maltodextrin at 0.5% to simulate grain water carbohydrates with pretty good success. Grain water has been my go to for pans for a while but nutrient values change with different grains and ratios. Maltodextrin is consistent across batches. For 500ml of agar I supplement with .6g yeast extract or peptone depending on what I have and a knife tip of black strap molasses for some complex nutrition. Cultures seem to like it as much as grain water across all the species I've run on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MomoMyco] * 7
    #29676561 -

3rd flush ttbvi


Nothing too excited but these are sporelating (my last few clones won’t drop em) and I need to replenish my personal stash. This was also revived from year old dry grains.

A couple plate prints of other vars I made yesterday. Been trying to get these aquadilla spores for many months

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #29676701 -

fahtster said:
3rd flush ttbvi


Nothing too excited but these are sporelating (my last few clones won’t drop em) and I need to replenish my personal stash. This was also revived from year old dry grains.

A couple plate prints of other vars I made yesterday. Been trying to get these aquadilla spores for many months




What's aquadilla? New pan?


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Generic] * 1
    #29676846 -

Generic said:
Generic said:
I'm trying to grow some pans where the only thing purchased for the purpose of mush cult would be a small amount of agar agar and some vermiculite for the casing that i've had stored for over 10 years now. (well, and the trays, and the martha and humidifier :lol:)

I pasteurized this mixture of stuff i found laying around... my friend's horse's poo (field aged and leached), some leftover hemp herd, and some chopped up ...grass straw (perfect time of year for that)  I've got leftover hydrated lime someone gave to me, and my friend has some leftover peat from something ganja related I think.

anyone know what kind of grass this is?  i excluded these seed heads even though they seem to have dropped their seeds already.


last year I did the same ingredients but with oat straw


It's been sitting in the bag since friday night and only pasteurized an hour (i'm hoping that works out, sounds like some people pasteurize for much longer, and its in a filter patch bag but idk if it's wrapped up so that it can breathe or not, we'll see tonight.)




here it is, a 1:1 tray of pan bisporus in that substrate mix above.  I spawned pan portland and 1 pan cyan peace river to that mix as well.  fingers crossed.

I have so much spawn and I didn't want to make the trays too deep, so i went with a 1:1 (plus a handful extra of substrate for some)

smelled like the mixture had a little too much nitrogen in it.  hemp hurd does little to nothing to offset the c:n ratio, and there wasnt much straw added.  The substrate sitting in the bag for 4 days didn't smell anaerobic, but at the bottom of the bag where it was wetter it did smell a little bit too strong



help me dial in the martha and watch these pans (and tamps and semps) progress, over in this thread. - setting up a Martha with an AC Infinity cloudforge T7 humidifier

or give me input here, i'm open



I’ve successfully grew pans in a Martha and I’ll let you know of a little trick that I learned


First off all the fans and all the garbage that you would hook up on Martha is not needed because the external humidifier gives plenty of fresh air exchange. This is my unit and my set up.

.

Here are the pans that I have grown


Since pan have a really bad time of aborting from excess moisture falling on the mushrooms, I developed this technique of using a square pan for the substrate and a rectangle pan on top to keep the excess moisture out, but all the humidity in


My substrate was feed grade wheat to colonize the mycelium
The substrate was 50%Coir and 50% steer maneuver from Home Depot
Runtime for the humidifier was set at full blast to 15 minutes on 15 minutes off
Room temperature was set at 80°

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29676850 -

No not necessarily a new one. It's Pan Cyan and it hasn't been around as long as Estero and the TTBVI for example but not so so new. It's a locality from Puerto Rico. I forget who collected it

Edited by CosmicCamote (09/23/26 10:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: CosmicCamote] * 1
    #29676896 -

Ok boys and girls. I’m back from my music festival, my Tamps are almost Gonzo (in a good way) so it’s time to start my Pan era.
I don’t want to get ahead of myself so before I even start thinking about cultivation, I would like to get some good cultures going. I would like to try to start from spore and will need a print. More than willing to trade for one if needed.
I do not know much about what Pan cultures exist or what the morphologies are?
What would you recommend to start with?
Should I do BRF pucks? Or go spores on water agar?
Should I stick with oats? Or get some other grain?

Thanks to all the folks in this thread throwing down HEAVY knowledge and experience with Pans!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist] * 2
    #29676930 -

JoeTherapist said:
Kloakk said:





I will hit you up a week from now.






JoeTherapist said:
Ok boys and girls. I’m back from my music festival, my Tamps are almost Gonzo (in a good way) so it’s time to start my Pan era.
I don’t want to get ahead of myself so before I even start thinking about cultivation, I would like to get some good cultures going. I would like to try to start from spore and will need a print. More than willing to trade for one if needed.
I do not know much about what Pan cultures exist or what the morphologies are?
What would you recommend to start with?
Should I do BRF pucks? Or go spores on water agar?
Should I stick with oats? Or get some other grain?

Thanks to all the folks in this thread throwing down HEAVY knowledge and experience with Pans!



Start by pouring some 0,5 to 1% plates. Good for germination and all the way to grains. I would not use oats, my pans never really liked them, could be user error :lol: Wheat is great, holds a lot of water and should be easy to get most places.

Could always run each culture through a cabin, I don't always do it, but I try.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29676989 -

That's why it takes me so much time to grow pans, as I started with the oats. But maybe soon I'll have some sth, one tray looks like almost ready for casing layer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Azule]
    #29677306 -

I prefer smaller seeds with Pans myself, but my first tray of Peace River was on Oats, so it works too, slower to colonize the bigger grains, but finish line is Victory all the same.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MushLuvR77] * 2
    #29677340 -

Thank you Kloakk!!!

I DM’d you. I know you don’t live in the US like I do so if it’s any trouble at all, I can definitely get a print from someone from the states. You already do a ton for everyone here and I don’t wanna have to put you out at all. (even though I know you totally will send me a print and you help out everyone even with the struggles of not being able to purchase 50% of what we use and the other 50% is extremely high priced).

I will get wheat for the Pans.

I’m so excited. I have all of the equipment to make Fahtlocks but Baba has inspired me to also run a couple tubs as well. I live in a high Alpine desert so very low humidity and I would really like to find something that works with my environment. I may get a Martha tent sometime once I move, but I do not have the space currently.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist] * 1
    #29677397 -

JoeTherapist said:
Thank you Kloakk!!!

I DM’d you. I know you don’t live in the US like I do so if it’s any trouble at all, I can definitely get a print from someone from the states. You already do a ton for everyone here and I don’t wanna have to put you out at all. (even though I know you totally will send me a print and you help out everyone even with the struggles of not being able to purchase 50% of what we use and the other 50% is extremely high priced).

I will get wheat for the Pans.

I’m so excited. I have all of the equipment to make Fahtlocks but Baba has inspired me to also run a couple tubs as well. I live in a high Alpine desert so very low humidity and I would really like to find something that works with my environment. I may get a Martha tent sometime once I move, but I do not have the space currently.





I answered your :pm: before reading this, but I'll be sure to include something that will suit your environment :rockon:

And wheat is the best all-around grain I have used, not a single species that I've fruited has complained, the more slow growing species might take longer to colonize bigger grains and you'll want to wait longer before a shake as MushluvR mentioned so I have been experimenting with mixed grains. It ain't for everyone because it's twice the work, but I enjoy what I do so I don't mind :awesomenod:

Oh and for the record, just heard back from one of the last round of US letters sent out only 9 days ago :eek: Usually it's two weeks though :lol:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29677718 -

Kloakk said:
... so I have been experimenting with mixed grains. It ain't for everyone because it's twice the work, but I enjoy what I do so I don't mind :awesomenod:




I liked my last grain mix a lot. I used oats, but put a tablespoon of dry RGS in bottom of each pint jar before loading the hydrated oats and PC'ing. The dry RGS soaked up any excess moister weeping out of the oats, so there was no condensation inside the jar. The RGS works real well as a bridge between individual oats. I used to use this method back in the day for cubes, figured I'd give it a try for pans.

Edited by ghiajake (09/24/26 09:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29677727 -

Kloakk said:
I answered your :pm: before reading this, but I'll be sure to include something that will suit your environment :rockon:

And wheat is the best all-around grain I have used, not a single species that I've fruited has complained, the more slow growing species might take longer to colonize bigger grains and you'll want to wait longer before a shake as MushluvR mentioned so I have been experimenting with mixed grains. It ain't for everyone because it's twice the work, but I enjoy what I do so I don't mind :awesomenod:

Oh and for the record, just heard back from one of the last round of US letters sent out only 9 days ago :eek: Usually it's two weeks though :lol:




That’s way faster than expected! I have had domestic priority packs take as long!!!

I’m intrigued by these mixed grains. I usually do a simmer and dry anyway, so I don’t mind putting some time in at all! Is it mainly finding a smaller grain for innoc points with the larger grains?


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29677744 -

ghiajake said:
I liked my last grain mix a lot. I used oats, but put a tablespoon of dry RGS in bottom of each pint jar before loading the hydrated oats and PC'ing. The dry RGS soaked up any excess moister weeping out of the oats, so there was no condensation inside the jar. The RGS works real well as a bridge between individual oats. I used to use this method back in the day for cubes, figured I'd give it a try for pans.



:nodofunderstanding:

I've been mixing wheat and canary seeds 5:1. Canary seeds are great for increasing inoculation points, but dry out pretty fast alone. Wheat holds a lot of water. So yeah I hope they compliment each other, at least it seems my colonization times are faster because of the increased inoculation points in both jars and substrate.

JoeTherapist said:
That’s way faster than expected! I have had domestic priority packs take as long!!!

I’m intrigued by these mixed grains. I usually do a simmer and dry anyway, so I don’t mind putting some time in at all! Is it mainly finding a smaller grain for innoc points with the larger grains?



Yeah, US is pretty big though so I guess it depends where, 2-3 weeks is to be expected.

And yes, a small grain for inoculation points and taking up any excess moisture combined with a big grain that can hold a lot of water :awesomenod:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29678030 -

Kloakk said:
I've been mixing wheat and canary seeds 5:1. Canary seeds are great for increasing inoculation points, but dry out pretty fast alone. Wheat holds a lot of water. So yeah I hope they compliment each other, at least it seems my colonization times are faster because of the increased inoculation points in both jars and substrate.



Yeah, US is pretty big though so I guess it depends where, 2-3 weeks is to be expected.




What is "canary" seed, like bird seed? And it's spotty at best with mail in the US. Not sure where arlo lives, but the prints he sent me got here to Indiana in 4-5 days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ghiajake]
    #29678032 -

It's what this guy eats



--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: ghiajake] * 1
    #29678046 -

ghiajake said:
What is "canary" seed, like bird seed? And it's spotty at best with mail in the US. Not sure where arlo lives, but the prints he sent me got here to Indiana in 4-5 days.



Yes, these guys.


Here's wheat and canary seeds in a jar.


And yeah from Europe where I live to the US it takes 2 to 3 weeks, so the one that got there in 9 days is a new record :lol:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29678053 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
It's what this guy eats





:ohyou:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2140 | 2141 | 2142 | 2143 | 2144 | 2145 | 2146 | 2147 | 2148 | 2149 | 2150 | 2151 | 2152 | 2153 | 2154 | 2155 | 2156 | 2157 | 2158 | 2159 | 2160 |

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,306 1,754 09/28/26 10:54 PM
by MushLuvR77
* The Official Noob of the Moment Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 120 121 )
BeefExtreme 41,631 2,414 09/29/26 03:28 AM
by Churpee Choozle
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,668 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,757 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,649 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,044 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Hawaiian Copelandia Grow Kit - how much more difficult are they? GabrielKnight 8,482 5 01/03/05 04:59 PM
by ticktock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,303,912 topic views. 19 members, 98 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 16 queries.