Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1316 | 1317 | 1318 | 1319 | 1320 | 1321 | 1322 | 1323 | 1324 | 1325 | 1326 | 1327 | 1328 | 1329 | 1330 | 1331 | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | | Last >
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 2
    #29628863 -

Wishing you the best brother!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29628895 -

Agar Wedge said:
I confess I bought a vintage 4qt presto at goodwill today for $2.59. it needs new gaskets and a new pressure regulator. They are only $50 new, and the parts+shipping come too $48.

Realistically, the only thing it could be useful for cult wise is 4 quarter pint jars of spawn, But that could yield me about 36g dry which is a years supply :shrug::mushroom2: maybe I'll cook with it or make some jam. It's a convenient size. it won't run much longer than an hour(according to presto) before going dry which is it's other shortcoming. Though it does run at 15psi.

Decision, decisions. Id hate to see it meet it's demise in a landfill.



Maybe a waste of money. What do ya'll think?



They sell a 16qt. new one for about 90 at wallymart.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29628940 -

Agar Wedge said:
I confess I bought a vintage 4qt presto at goodwill today for $2.59. it needs new gaskets and a new pressure regulator. They are only $50 new, and the parts+shipping come too $48.

Realistically, the only thing it could be useful for cult wise is 4 quarter pint jars of spawn, But that could yield me about 36g dry which is a years supply :shrug::mushroom2: maybe I'll cook with it or make some jam. It's a convenient size. it won't run much longer than an hour(according to presto) before going dry which is it's other shortcoming. Though it does run at 15psi.

Decision, decisions. Id hate to see it meet it's demise in a landfill.



Maybe a waste of money. What do ya'll think?



Wait, what do you mean by pressure regulator? Are we talking about the weight on top?

That all seems a bit high. I'm currently trying to rationalize just buying new gaskets for my 24 quart Prestos on Amazon, because I can get a two-pack for like $10-$15 at most. For just a jiggle weight and a gasket/overpressure plug set, it seems like you GOTTA be able to do better than that somewhere. Maybe you just need a gasket that meets those specs, rather than a gasket that's being marketed as compatible with that model. For the jigle weight, you really don't care if it's used or beat up or whatever. And considering that pressure cookers get fucked up and tossed faster than jiggle weights do, there's just gotta be a surplus somewhere. Shit, maybe even someone around here has an extra lying around.

By the same token, though, the gasket is a consumable part that does need to be replaced fairly regularly. So you're always gonna have to buy one anyway, unless you've just decided to go full-bore into disposable consumer culture.

Rasmodius, I don't actually think that making a gasket from silicone would be dangerous. Just incredibly aggravating. It'd probably just spring leaks that made it difficult-to-impossible to get everything up to pressure. Now, soldering the overpressure plug hole shut, that's where we'd get into dangerous territory...

That little guy looks to me like an awesome tool for dedicated pre-pour agar runs.


--------------------

Edited by B Traven (07/21/26 07:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 9
    #29629244 -

Confession. I don’t know how to quit.

Going into Cake Wars 3 and figured ok, just a couple of side grows from clones.

Then it’s “shit that Petri is sexy. Gotta put that to dirt”

“Ok ok, I can do 3 more tubs and THATS IT!!”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Splittinghairs] * 7
    #29629449 -

When you get tossed into life's roughage, don't forget to count your dressings.

-Captain Crouton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 3
    #29629585 -

Thanks for the input guys! Thankfully I already have a PC Pansiyan, a 16qt at that. I'm a fan:mushroom2:

That's a good point B. Dedicated no pours could be a good use. Been meaning to try out hazy's Tek for glass petri no pours. Not sure I trust myself making a gasket, though that would be thee was to do it cheaply ras:hehehe::mushroom2:

Alright, I pulled the trigger and bought the replacement parts. Id look for longer and try to find them cheaper, but I'm just too tired from working long hours. Will be cool to see it hopefully run again. Will keep you guys updated!:mushroom2:

Edited by Agar Wedge (07/21/26 11:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Agar Wedge]
    #29629746 -

I was really excited to finally start spawning my pans, but now I stare at my manure bag and choose games instead. How do you push yourself to start cooking horse crap?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Turvenuija] * 6
    #29629758 -

The same way you prepare for cooking cow shit: smoke a few joints, collect materials for kitchen damage control, don't use said materials, cook a lot of shit, soil the entire kitchen. Make coir in a bucket, throw that around too, drop the crap-covered thermometer on the ground, cover every surface in shit, smoke a few joints, look at the clock and order takeaway food.

It's really akin to woodworking in that aspect. Once you've accidentally started the crosscut saw in the living room, you might as well do the sanding in the kitchen and use the jigsaw on the carpet. Don't forget to take a few good bong rips before getting out the router and get those curly curls in the carpet too. It's a mess anyway and you have a vacume cleaner, so fuck it.

The important part is never to do anything of the above as long as your SO is in the house.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 6
    #29629790 -

God dammit, I don't have the required drugs for this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Turvenuija] * 1
    #29629796 -

'Good prep is half the work' as we say in Dutch.

Also, make sure to really seal off any remaining manure. If it's dry, with tape, otherwise, with a piece of cloth taped over any opening. Really. Cleaning up an exploded kitchen is peanuts compared to undoing the damage caused by opening up a hidden gnat factory.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle]
    #29629808 -

Speaking from experience? :lol: What I've got is a big ol bag of composted horse manure meant for soil improvement, dunno I'm not a gardener. The bag has some tiny ventilation holes at the top but I'll make sure to seal the hole I will make well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 5
    #29629870 -

Churpee Choozle said:
The important part is never to do anything of the above as long as your SO is in the house.



My wife complains about the smell of PC-ing quarts of rye. To cook manure in the kitchen, I'd need her to be out of town.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 5
    #29629884 -

Confession - I'm not sure how to return to the world of eating regular food after the meal I had last night. Expensive, but it was so good that I wanted to slap somebody's grandma with a baby!

Wagyu carpaccio, oysters Rockefeller, a 12oz bone in filet with 2 marrow bones, a lobster tail, and a panna Cotta to die for. Every dish was executed perfectly. Finished it all off with a glass of Whistle Pig Boss Hog XII. Possibly the finest whiskey I've ever tasted.

I feel better physically today than I have in months. Strong evidence that occasionally treating yo'self is good for you. Happy birthday to me... I got to buy my gf dinner (she absolutely plotzed when she saw the check).


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: KlarnEvil9]
    #29629892 -

Reverse engineer that shit!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29629909 -

I can cook like a mafacka, but sometimes it's easier for someone else to do it. Probably going to try making panna cotta tho, seems easy enough. I make a pretty nice custard, so why not?


--------------------
"For the powerful freedom-takers who rob justice from us all, that's why I keep my pistol loaded, powder, cap, and ball..."
Read more, post less!
...turns out, I'm an amateur at everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: B Traven] * 1
    #29629918 -

B Traven said:
Churpee Choozle said:
The important part is never to do anything of the above as long as your SO is in the house.



My wife complains about the smell of PC-ing quarts of rye. To cook manure in the kitchen, I'd need her to be out of town.



lol.

One reason I went to no prep millet is to reduce the smells. And she still bitches about THAT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Splittinghairs] * 3
    #29629958 -

Damn what s up with the wifes and the odors. Mine complain abt the wheat smell, tells me it smells like a stable and a delicious hint of cow smell :rofl:

Also on the plus side i ve finaly honed my agar skills.

No more contams when preparing it, no more contams when doing transfers :gangsta:


--------------------
wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tropical] * 1
    #29629964 -

It always makes me laugh when people try to gently steer somebody away from literally working with a big pile of shit and then they end up not wanting to work with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: Tropical] * 2
    #29629977 -

Mrs Rev and Rev Jr complained about the smells of cult too. Even wheat, which I think smells lovely. Best thing I did was get an induction hot plate and induction Presto. Between that and the 8qt Instant Pot, all agar and grain prep, pasteurizing, and sterilizing is done outside and everyone is happy.

I think that it is a little funny that dehydrating PE and SNAPE smells worse than pasteurizing poo to me, but I do both outside now, so life is good. Fortunately my property backs up to a cow pasture, so neighbors are none the wiser.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cultivation confessional [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #29629980 -

money smells so good :headbang3:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1316 | 1317 | 1318 | 1319 | 1320 | 1321 | 1322 | 1323 | 1324 | 1325 | 1326 | 1327 | 1328 | 1329 | 1330 | 1331 | 1332 | 1333 | 1334 | 1335 | 1336 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *DELETED* Cultivate 2,972 8 04/14/08 06:12 AM
by HerbBaker
* Newbie planning first cultivation. hX_ 775 6 05/31/08 04:48 PM
by Neobean
* Dedicated To Agar 'Mushroom Cultivation' AND Links/Grow Logs/Other
( 1 2 3 4 all )
dumbfounded1600 49,142 60 09/16/10 04:41 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Re: McMan Cultivators
( 1 2 all )
Eddie Walker 3,591 20 03/30/01 10:41 PM
by kundun6
* How long have you been cultivating? VampireSlayer 490 9 12/20/06 02:45 PM
by MajorDick
* All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
dumbfounded1600 224,740 181 01/17/22 08:33 AM
by TheStallionMang
* I've cultivated... zetek 904 6 12/11/24 07:54 PM
by fahtster
* Hardcore Cultivator...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OldSpice 51,963 342 04/29/08 10:29 PM
by just me

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
463,961 topic views. 29 members, 117 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.048 seconds spending 0.028 seconds on 18 queries.