Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | | Last >
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: mush_monkey] * 1
    #29582954 -

mush_monkey said:
Like 21-22°C/70°F, mostly.
24-25°C/75°F since yesterday



They hit kind of a wall at 26°C in my experience, if it gets to warm they just hang around under the surface waiting for cooler weather. I would just keep doing what you've doing. How long since you cased?


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: mush_monkey] * 1
    #29583000 -

mush_monkey said:
Does this look dead to y'all?




It's been a month since I made this shoebox and it looked like it could have mold (smelled a little funny too). What looked like mold stopped growing altogether




I must it now an then and the lid stays cracked open all the time.  What do you think? Thanks in advance!



Doesn't look dead to me. The Semps I grew always had a woody vanilla smell. Maybe a little musty? I had a bin go 10 months with those smells, so to me it was normal
:shrug:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29583335 -

Kloakk said:
mush_monkey said:
Like 21-22°C/70°F, mostly.
24-25°C/75°F since yesterday



They hit kind of a wall at 26°C in my experience, if it gets to warm they just hang around under the surface waiting for cooler weather. I would just keep doing what you've doing. How long since you cased?



About three weeks. The problem is that temperature is rising quickly.


--------------------


Give away list

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: mush_monkey] * 1
    #29583370 -

mush_monkey said:
About three weeks. The problem is that temperature is rising quickly.



Got it, unless they are fighting a contamination, which I don't see from your pictures, it's not really a problem. I spawned a tub which was cased when it was fully colonized, a couple of days after I cased it we got 3 weeks of high temperatures and they didn't pin at all.

When the temperature dropped down to around 22°C and didn't go above 24°C I got pins after 10 days, so from spawning to pins took over 6 weeks, but they did fruit and gave me a packed little tub. I should say that I put mine in a dreamer tub as well. Nothing you can do to cool them?


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Kloakk]
    #29583444 -

Last summer haved tub pinning middle august during heаt wave after 2 mounts sitting at high temperature and doing nothing. I was out of town for few days and when come back found only aborts...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: maimunji] * 1
    #29583462 -

If you wanted to store a semp culture for a long time, like 3 years, how would you all go about it?

I'm trying to revive a culture I had on dried grain for a year or so now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Bigworm] * 5
    #29583481 -

I have fresh plates going of subtrops from three year old LI using Easy LI for Preservation and Propogation. Hasn't let me down yet.

I struggled with dried myceliated grains (for subtrops and tamps, anyway). I think prints and dried grains don't last as long if they get too dry like cannabis flower. Maybe I need a good humidor.
:strokebeard3:


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ReverendMyc] * 1
    #29583678 -

3+ plus years storage, that'd be cool for me with Tampanensis.
Instead, it gets grown out every few months, make plates, and wait another
while again before repeating.

Also, just wanted to post. I am in the same situation another user
recently mentioned. Except I'm slowly heading to week 7 since casing
with CVG. There are a few what looks like knots in one area,
but not much else. The knots have been there for a short while.

I think Jelly trillski Zapotecorums were faster than these!
Or maybe about the same speed.
The mycelium is very white and pretty, very healthy looking.
Also no sus odor, just a pleasant very subtle vanilla smell with Earthy coir/woody scent.
Temps have been 74-81 degrees F. Just the wait is so... :dead: 🩻


--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Wedgie] * 4
    #29583806 -

I have good ride last night on semperviva 2.2 grams dry. Good visual, short duration like 2 hours at the peak i was very high then, they set with nice body stone. Mushrooms wasnt very mature at all. They are from callmehippie giveaway so i finally have oportunity to try them. 3 grams dry will be perfect next time i will jump.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: maimunji] * 11
    #29584730 -

The shoeboxes keep delivering but the big one's pins pop up very randomly... One is closing in on harvest, some are a few cm and new ones keep popping up.




I also spawned a few more HVC tubs, I'll be spawning some Tres Soles in a week or so too which I'm super excited over :awesome:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 14
    #29588990 -

Harvest time. 260g wet weight from mudafuka bottles.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: bongoman] * 6
    #29589006 -

Those look really good. Congratulations and be careful with them.
They can ruffle your feathers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: The Tao] * 1
    #29589022 -

:solidnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: bongoman] * 4
    #29589595 -

Lovely color on those bongoman.

Anyone use bags or foresee any problems with it? I have a extra moist spot in my fc when it comes time for fruiting.

Also do y'all tamp the sub down at spawning?

Here's where I'm at:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: deadmandave] * 5
    #29590181 -

bongoman said:
Harvest time. 260g wet weight from mudafuka bottles.








:hotdamn: you're gonna love these little things

deadmandave said:
Lovely color on those bongoman.

Anyone use bags or foresee any problems with it? I have a extra moist spot in my fc when it comes time for fruiting.

Also do y'all tamp the sub down at spawning?

Here's where I'm at:







I tamp my sub down quite firmly since it seems to make the flushes more even. I failed to tamp my big 45L box down properly which caused incredibly uneven growth but the shoeboxes spawned at the same time look pretty damn neat.

This is how the tamped ones looked like 20 min ago



And the not so tamped down one 20 min ago.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 2
    #29590612 -

Awesome. Glad I tamped

Cheers man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: deadmandave] * 2
    #29592877 -

Hi folks. Noc'd some brf jars with tres soles mss made from vendor swab. First time with these so I'll be tagging along. Some glorious looking grows here. Take me under your subtropical wings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: space daddy] * 2
    #29593191 -

Seeing deadmandave here made my day.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: seldom seen] * 2
    #29593679 -

:bow2:

Lol happy to be here. Im surprised by how fast these are colonizing. My bags are almost ready for a casing layer. I heard they have a reputation for being slow. Is it just the fruiting stage that's long, waiting for the potency to increase?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: deadmandave] * 1
    #29593691 -

Only slow from casing to mature fruits, on grains and substrate it might be the fastest growing species I've grown :strokebeard:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 527 | 528 | 529 | 530 | 531 | 532 | 533 | 534 | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,471 15,115 10/04/26 08:42 PM
by divineverdance
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2163 2164 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,308,593 43,270 10/06/26 07:40 PM
by Generic
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,687 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,231 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,183 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 298 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,428 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn
* Psilocybe semperviva (P. hoogshagenii var. convexa) Pins!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
stonesun 14,850 77 12/26/21 01:43 PM
by Hoogshagenii

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
355,345 topic views. 18 members, 117 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.019 seconds on 16 queries.