Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3800 | 3801 | 3802 | 3803 | 3804 | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | 3811 | 3812 | 3813 | 3814 | 3815 | 3816 | 3817 | 3818 | 3819 | 3820 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29592451 -

I don't see any obviously bad plates n some healthy mycelium LITFA then transfer I'd say to more agar rinse repeat letting it colonize plates eventually I'm sure itl rhizo out then itl be easyer to tell if its healthy


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29592513 -

That’s reassuring. I was really worrying that all of them might be bad. The ones splittinghairs mentioned are all transfers I believe. Jbgtaa, did you use dye in any of your plates and if you have do you see the agar turn back to it’s clear color after mycelium starts growing ? Thought that was pretty cool to see half the agar red and the other half lost all its color.  And do you ever see that the mycelium seems to growing in and under the surface as well as just the surface? Curious if anyone else has seen it or if I’m noobing out lol. But anyways how long should I wait for a transfer and if any of them look “iffy” or suspicious should I attempt a josex poke or a cabin? What would you guys do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms]
    #29592532 -

I have an in vitro Ochra fruit that was transferred to another plate a week ago. When I was making the transfer, the damn thing did not want to come off the blade so I was rubbing it all over the agar trying to get it off and in the process ended up with growth starting in different spots around the plate. It left a spore print after a few days, so I am wondering if it left spores all over during the transfer and that is why there is scattered growth.

Did I effectively ruin the clone, as in reset the genetics? Or is rubbing the stipe or cap on agar enough to generate mycelium growth? I know that can happen when an agar wedge of mycelium is rubbed around the dish, but I am not sure about it happening from the mushroom flesh.


Edited by SignedinStranger (06/01/26 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SignedinStranger]
    #29592545 -

Id assume the rhizomorphic growth was from clone as spores take longer to germinate n every one I done grew out as tomentose at first n I had to transfer more to get rhizo (haven't done enough agar work to say it's gonna always be like that)


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29592578 -

Myco bag question - does any use a casing layer in there bags ? And if no what about PE variety’s ? I’ve been told they need a pseudo layer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: SignedinStranger]
    #29592582 -

SignedinStranger said:
I have an in vitro Ochra fruit that was transferred to another plate a week ago. When I was making the transfer, the damn thing did not want to come off the blade so I was rubbing it all over the agar trying to get it off and in the process ended up with growth starting in different spots around the plate. It left a spore print after a few days, so I am wondering if it left spores all over during the transfer and that is why there is scattered growth.

Did I effectively ruin the clone, as in reset the genetics? Or is rubbing the stipe or cap on agar enough to generate mycelium growth? I know that can happen when an agar wedge of mycelium is rubbed around the dish, but I am not sure about it happening from the mushroom flesh.






Ok. To make sure I’m following.

You had already cloned it in a T0 plate. From that T0 you cut out a transfer mycelium. That piece of transfer mycelium then scattered all over the plate and created multiple inoculation points is how I’m reading it.

If that’s the case, no. You’re fine. I’ve barely dropped a transfer piece and had three spots start growing. Just took the next transfer cleanly to reduce the spotting effect

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29592585 -

bloodssonnew said:
Id assume the rhizomorphic growth was from clone as spores take longer to germinate n every one I done grew out as tomentose at first n I had to transfer more to get rhizo (haven't done enough agar work to say it's gonna always be like that)



I get better chances of rhizo from my clones.

But I’ve also had rhizo randomly revert back to tomentose

Various opinions on it, but I have seen better rhizo changing my recipe around. .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Splittinghairs]
    #29592589 -

What differences have you guys seen, if any, between really stiff agar and softer agar? And the same question goes for high nutrition and low nutrition plates. So far I know I’ve heard a lot about rizo growth happening more often in low nute plates. My first batch I made which is doing the best so far out of all of them was very stiff and higher nutrition then the last two batches. So I made one yesterday the same nutrition but the same softness as the last two batches to see if I notice any difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms]
    #29592632 -

I like 1 1.5% agar n I tend to do slightly low nutes n trace amounts of honey n a touch lower on lme than normal xd I only got a old af cracker dry plates left from my old agar runs n didn't take pics before I joined shroomery lol speaking of u think these clean enough to transfer to more agar to obtain a clean culture?


(apparently I got rid of all of my rhizomorphic plates along the road 💀


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms]
    #29592668 -

Awfullotofshrooms said:
What differences have you guys seen, if any, between really stiff agar and softer agar? And the same question goes for high nutrition and low nutrition plates. So far I know I’ve heard a lot about rizo growth happening more often in low nute plates. My first batch I made which is doing the best so far out of all of them was very stiff and higher nutrition then the last two batches. So I made one yesterday the same nutrition but the same softness as the last two batches to see if I notice any difference.



Anecdotally it feels like temps and nutes are the two key dials, and it's night and day when both get locked in. And it varies which varieties like what. In particular, I've had some yeast+peptone enhanced plates in circulation that ran like absolute dogshit for the first 10-15mm, especially at higher temps. But when I dropped them 10 degrees, ps cyans, ochras, and a couple cubes switched gears hard and started throwin ropes. But lots of wispier things (zaps, pan cyans) hated them and never got on board.

1% agar 1% LMEA feels like the most neutral: least likely to flop, by far, but less likely to surprise with a total banger too. Very watery and low nute mixes have mixed results, as do stiffer or more nute rich ones.

Grain water and wood water enhanced plates have been big hits also.

Lately I've been making batches of all, and doing one of each whenever I transfer. Doesn't feel very scientific, I'm just throwing spaghetti kinda, but it is resulting in some plates I'm very happy with, and that are continuing to be strong on grain, so fuck it.

Edit: some pics. Watermelon color is super light nute, light agar. Jelly texture, almost water agar. Yellow and pink are regular 1% LMEA. Dark is the yeast/peptone enhanced. The dark plates do include red3 which is mildly fungicidal, as somebody else pointed out up-thread (so might retire that one). The other colors don't have that.


White rabbit. Does better on medium everything, but as you can see, a good section matters way more. This and zstrain have loved higher temps so far, way stronger and faster at 80+ compared to 70.


Same variety from a different batch. It's gone super fluffy and basically vertical on the watery mix.


Ochra also very fluffy on the lightest mix. But I've had some plates of this that came around to the dark mix. That one plate was struggling hard at 80, took off at 70. You can see on all of these that the dark high-nute plates are slower moving, they don't need to spread out and hunt as much.


Ps Cyanescens. Doing better on the dark so far.


These are all T4+ (sometimes ++++) except for one, where I got lucky on multispore and lucky again picking a good sample.


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Edited by Rasmodius (06/01/26 11:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #29593166 -

Mateja said:
Also these plates of mine were made from several different batches of 2% strength Grain Water, BRF, Honey, Cat Food and MAE, and a batch of 4% MAE, so I gave these spores more than enough and 3 months later only two plates germinated :begger:



Stipe-n Cap said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29391849#29391849



And another option is pf pucks. They are good for stubborn spores.

I have had trouble with tamp and subtrop spores over a year or two old, but had better luck with cubes. I don't think it is that dry where you are, but I suspect that spores don't like being kept too dry for too long either. At least, I have found that spores kept in baggies inside of a sealed plastic tub seem to last much longer that those stored otherwise here in the desert.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers *DELETED* [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #29593532 -

Post deleted by Tropical

Reason for deletion: Zz


--------------------
wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Tropical] * 1
    #29594897 -

i need help ASAP

is there a way to log out of my shroomery account on my mobile device from another device?

The cops got a warrant and searched my house, took my phone mushroom stuff, computer.

I found a laptop that they missed and logged out of my messaging apps remotely but I want to know if it's possible to log out of my account from here?


--------------------
- My trade list
- New here? Me too! Pop by and say hi c:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Archespore] * 4
    #29594904 -

Archespore said:
i need help ASAP

is there a way to log out of my shroomery account on my mobile device from another device?

The cops got a warrant and searched my house, took my phone mushroom stuff, computer.

I found a laptop that they missed and logged out of my messaging apps remotely but I want to know if it's possible to log out of my account from here?



Oh fuck :uhoh:

Only thing I can think of right out the box is a self ban.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29595116 -

Hello there all, Ive had my first proper flush come in all at once and it has completely overwhelmed my dehydrator.. what should I do with the excess mushrooms for the next day or so? put them in a ziploc and in the fridge? Ive just left them on my desk for now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: stringerdell]
    #29595127 -

sounds good. or paper bag in the fridge. or boof :fingerpistol:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: stringerdell]
    #29595132 -

stringerdell said:
Hello there all, Ive had my first proper flush come in all at once and it has completely overwhelmed my dehydrator.. what should I do with the excess mushrooms for the next day or so? put them in a ziploc and in the fridge? Ive just left them on my desk for now.



When you say overwhelmed your dehydrator, can we see? If it’s your first time there’s a good chance there’s still lots of room in there. You can fit more mush in there than you think.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #29595165 -

Smellyhobbit said:
stringerdell said:
Hello there all, Ive had my first proper flush come in all at once and it has completely overwhelmed my dehydrator.. what should I do with the excess mushrooms for the next day or so? put them in a ziploc and in the fridge? Ive just left them on my desk for now.



When you say overwhelmed your dehydrator, can we see? If it’s your first time there’s a good chance there’s still lots of room in there. You can fit more mush in there than you think.



:trollcop:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Archespore] * 1
    #29595174 -

Hopefully one of the mods can help you. I know on instagram Facebook etc you can remotely log out and log out from all devices. Search all the settings if not hopefully a mod will help you out and you won’t need to self Ban. That sucks man I’m no stranger to the “justice” system either ik how it is. Hopefully this works out well for you with minimal penalties if any. I’m praying for you bud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Archespore] * 5
    #29595176 -

Archespore said:
i need help ASAP

is there a way to log out of my shroomery account on my mobile device from another device?

The cops got a warrant and searched my house, took my phone mushroom stuff, computer.

I found a laptop that they missed and logged out of my messaging apps remotely but I want to know if it's possible to log out of my account from here?



Log in change your password and that should stop them from getting access, since it wouldn't be stored on that device

Edited by Bigworm (06/04/26 11:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3800 | 3801 | 3802 | 3803 | 3804 | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | 3811 | 3812 | 3813 | 3814 | 3815 | 3816 | 3817 | 3818 | 3819 | 3820 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* So I have a quick question about mycobags... moorhsum 967 5 03/09/03 08:42 AM
by Psychoslut
* Re: Liquid Mycelium - one quick question. Anonymous 550 2 02/12/00 05:52 AM
by Prellgott
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,160,554 topic views. 23 members, 151 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.068 seconds spending 0.045 seconds on 16 queries.