Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dkeppel] * 1
    #29263974 -

No I love the work I appreciate it so much

Sorry, it must be something me and my wife say. By baby Girling, I mean you took extra special care of me.

I wound have never figured that out on my own.

Plate one is KAPE

Plate two is X7X+

plate 3 is GFK

Plate 4 is MAK118

Plate 5 is a crazy big subaruginosa I found

Plate 6 is PS Cyan

Plate 7 is Tamp

Plate 8 is semp

Plate 9 is Pa, bispo

Thank you so very much


--------------------
I eat a few.  should be real tender.  Its tasty.  No starchiness or crunchiness.

Edited by el boso (06/29/25 05:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) *DELETED* [Re: el boso]
    #29263975 -

Post deleted by el boso

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------
I eat a few.  should be real tender.  Its tasty.  No starchiness or crunchiness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: el boso] * 2
    #29263984 -

Dammit, I went and looked at some zaps, I don't have any semps at the moment and can't believe how wrong I was for Plate 4 :facepalm3:

It looks cubey now :lol:

That is some thin growth on the cubes, I thought x7x+ leans to rhizo expression too.

What is the agar recipe?

I can live with the Ps cyan and sub mix up.

Not so much the bisporus and semp mixup!

:shamecube:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dkeppel]
    #29263993 -

Haha!

I always go for 1.5%LME maybe I should try 2%

Agar is always 2%

My LME is like a jawbreaker and I have to smash chunks off of it.


--------------------
I eat a few.  should be real tender.  Its tasty.  No starchiness or crunchiness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: el boso]
    #29264007 -

my malt extract too, but it dissolves nice. I'm thinking about dissolving the whole jar and trying to math the quantities but math is not my strong suit lol


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Dkeppel]
    #29264218 -

Dkeppel said:
Whatever the species I'm working with, I'm looking for fast organised growth with a clearly defined leading edge, assuming you want fruit and not sclerotia when working with species in section mexicanae, I will avoid the mycelium with a pigment and select for the white stuff.

It's a little difficult when I don't know exactly which species each plate is and from only a single photo without a backlight but I will do my best :lol:

Plate 1:

I am assuming this is a cube.

If those spots are sediment, you could probably let this culture to continue to grow out and send it to grain, assuming it continues to grow organised with a clearly defined leading edge.

If you want to transfer, everything from about 1 to 8 o'clock looks good.


Plate 2:

This looks like semps? Or is it the Pan you mentioned?

It's really hard to see what's going on but I think the bottom culture looks better, 11 to 4 o'clock, hold it up to a back light and check the growth is organised etc.


Plate 3:

Assuming semps again? Maybe this is a pan?

I don't like how it's growing, possibly has bacteria riding along, if you want to try save it, give cabin sequesting a try, growth at about 9 o'clock looks the best I think.


Plate 4:

Looks section zapotecorum. Semps :lol:

Looks like you have an orange dot close to the transfer, 7 to 11 o'clock looks like the nicest growth.


Plate 5:

This looks like your germination plate so I will assume I should ignore this one.


Plate 6:

Maybe this one is the sub?

This looks sketchy, you might want to give cabin sequestering a try, looks like some nice growth between 12 to 1 o'clock and about 8 to 9 o'clock.


Plate 7:

These next plates all look section mexicanae so I'll assume they are tampanensis since you mentioned tamps.

Top culture, I cant see what's under the glad wrap but I don't like much of what I can see, maybe around the 3 o'clock region.

Right-hand culture, looks like 4 to 5 o'clock has some nice growth.

Bottom culture, this is the best looking culture on the plate, 4 to 10 o'clock section looks good.

Left-hand culture, section between 8 to 9 o'clock.


Plate 8:

Looks like another possible bacteria riding along culture, again cabin sequesting if you want to try save it, about 10 o'clock I think.


Plate 9:

Again, it is hard to see what is going on where the glad wrap is covering the mycelium but these all look clean from here.

Maybe let them continue to grow out and if you feel the need to transfer, again hold it up to a back light, look for the fastest organised growth with a clearly defined leading edge and transfer from there.


I hope that helps! Good luck.




LEGEND!

:seriousthumbsup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nocap]
    #29264221 -

Our guy is thorough :mushroom2:


--------------------
πŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ„°πŸ„Ό πŸ„ΈπŸ„·πŸ„ΎπŸ„Ώ


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mackload] * 1
    #29264313 -

Mackload said:
my malt extract too, but it dissolves nice. I'm thinking about dissolving the whole jar and trying to math the quantities but math is not my strong suit lol



Probably better to put it in a blender and break it all up, then store with some desiccant packs. If you add water, things will be able to grow in it, unless you sterilize (and handle under sterile conditions or re-sterilize) or you are careful to keep the water content very low, like a concentrated syrup. I don't know what that threshold is, but for jelly/jam it's something like 40% water content or less.

Depending on how much you have left, you could make a bunch of jars of wort, pressure can them all, and use a whole jar at a time for agar or LC media. But it's still probably less work to leave it dry. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Phaethon]
    #29264368 -

cheers, good call. not gonna use gallons of lme right away :thumbup:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mackload] * 3
    #29264380 -

I have to keep my LME dry. If it cakes up I end up eating it all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DV8DUG] * 1
    #29267027 -


Really slow APER transfer I took from MSS plate. Been almost 2 weeks, think I may transfer this to a new batch of agar I made last week. Maybe it's the agar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29267172 -

I miss him as well. Any idea what happened to eats? He just disappeared about 4 years ago:shrug:


--------------------
It’s not personal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Fullcircle1] * 3
    #29267180 -

Looks like it made it, took a spot from the top left. And a couple of other plates. These are only my second plates, feels good to get them going.
.






--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Fullcircle1]
    #29267207 -

Fullcircle1 said:

Really slow APER transfer I took from MSS plate. Been almost 2 weeks, think I may transfer this to a new batch of agar I made last week. Maybe it's the agar?



Looks like theres a bacterial biofilm surrounding the culture


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #29267800 -

tryptkaloids said:
Fullcircle1 said:

Really slow APER transfer I took from MSS plate. Been almost 2 weeks, think I may transfer this to a new batch of agar I made last week. Maybe it's the agar?



Looks like theres a bacterial biofilm surrounding the culture



Thank you for that input. I was suspicious about the slow growth, I took 2 separate transfers today to see what will happen. Agar is cheap, my time is not. Seems i have a lot of transfers going on right now in condiment cups but I know i'm getting closer to my goal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Fullcircle1] * 5
    #29268641 -

This is an Avery albino from 3 year old spores after a gazillion transfers....... But really maybe 6 or 7 transfers.
  I believe it's Cambodian albino... cubensis



--------------------
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClearLakeBoy]
    #29268647 -

ClearLakeBoy said:
Looks like it made it, took a spot from the top left. And a couple of other plates. These are only my second plates, feels good to get them going.
.








Hell yeah dude simple as.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ClearLakeBoy]
    #29268814 -

ClearLakeBoy said:
Looks like it made it, took a spot from the top left. And a couple of other plates. These are only my second plates, feels good to get them going.
.








holy smokes nice job :grin:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mackload]
    #29269020 -

I've been told to make my agar 'wetter' to compensate for a dry climate.

Does that mean simply lowering the ratio of agar to water in my no-pour recipe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Changed]
    #29269058 -

Yep just drop your recipe a little for softer/wetter agar. Leave your nutrients the same.


--------------------

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ
TEAM SPREAD THE LOVE!
Smellyhobbit said:
Embarrassment and bashfulness are leeches on your ability to learn.

Edited by HILLBILLY OUTLAW (07/04/25 07:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1466 | 1467 | 1468 | 1469 | 1470 | 1471 | 1472 | 1473 | 1474 | 1475 | 1476 | 1477 | 1478 | 1479 | 1480 | 1481 | 1482 | 1483 | 1484 | 1485 | 1486 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 69 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 73 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,838 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,390 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,007 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,703 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,325 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,939 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,237 topic views. 19 members, 234 guests and 166 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.