Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Exorcism and Death
    #2901701 - 07/18/04 03:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do a search and you will find dozens of links to wacky cases. Nope, no harm in beliefs!

Now do a search an Atheism and Death and you will only find philosophical treatises, but no news stories. Do the math, people!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Exorcism and Death [Re: Swami]
    #2901843 - 07/18/04 07:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So a few wacked people that kill somebody trying to draw out the devil is indicitive of religion as a whole?

It seems pretty obvious to me that a search on Atheism and Death will not yield many results... most people don't die from Atheism... and even if somebody does die because of the Atheist beliefs, the two will more than likely not be associated together in the press.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Exorcism and Death [Re: Seuss]
    #2902169 - 07/18/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So a few wacked people that kill somebody trying to draw out the devil is indicitive of religion as a whole?

Nah, let's wait until they are all dead before drawing any sort of conclusion.

So a few wacked people that die on heroin is indicitive of junkies as a whole?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2902428 - 07/18/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Nah, let's wait until they are all dead before drawing any sort of conclusion."

we;ve been doing that for quite sometime swami.

is ther ea religion/belief system where a person hasn't died because of their beliefs?  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Exorcism and Death [Re: kaiowas]
    #2902463 - 07/18/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

is ther ea religion/belief system where a person hasn't died because of their beliefs?

What am I - omniscient?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2902485 - 07/18/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Nope, no harm in beliefs!

Now do a search an Atheism and Death and you will only find philosophical treatises, but no news stories. Do the math, people!"

well I wonder what swami is trying to imply here....

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2902501 - 07/18/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Imply? *coughs*

What do YOU think I am trying to imply when I tell the readers to draw THEIR OWN conclusion(s)?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2902510 - 07/18/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey swami, a belief is neither good nor bad, it depends on the person who's using it doesn't it?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2902512 - 07/18/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sure, but their own conclusions may still end up being a belief.

"Do the math, people!"

I can show you my math if ya want, in order to help you see my point better :wink:

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (07/18/04 12:54 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2902537 - 07/18/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey swami, a belief is neither good nor bad, it depends on the person who's using it doesn't it?

Does it? If by bad (too vague a term), we mean dangerous to self or others, then I can think of an almost unlimited number of beliefs that are dangerous. If you cannot, then you may need an Imaginectomy...

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2902581 - 07/18/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I mean a belief system has the ability to do harm to a person as others, as it does to produce good for yourself and others.

yes I can see how beliefs can manipulate a person into doing things that they normally wouldn't do rationally, but that is not to just ignore all of it's positive aspects as well.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2902614 - 07/18/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

but that is not to just ignore all of it's positive aspects as well.

Give me some positive examples (like how the War on Drugs has helped America) and please do NOT confuse he word "believe" (opinion) with an unsubstantiated belief system.

Environmentalist: "I believe that we should preserve our old-growth redwoods." -That is an opinion, not a system of beliefs.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2903151 - 07/18/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the war on drugs is hardly what I would call a belief system, it's a government policy.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2903158 - 07/18/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Talk to some hard-core prohibitionists - seriously - and then get back to me.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2903167 - 07/18/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"Now do a search an Atheism and Death and you will only find philosophical treatises, but no news stories. Do the math, people! "

here we go...I made a post regarding the philosophy of OG's. in this thread tens of thousands of gang members kill each other. Many, and I do mean many, of these members are atheists as they believe in no god, and say "fuck it, I'm about my money, and my friends, that's all I have" and they fight for it. does this mean I'm saying that an atheist belief is wrong...no? can it do harm...yes..., jsut like every belief. so now what?

yes beliefs can have some impact dude but ultimately it's up to each individual person to make their own choice.

As for the war on drugs, as of right now I can't htink of one, probbly because I don't agree with it. I'm sure there is someone that can though.

so let's loook at an actual belief system. christianity. while yes in the name of their god they have raped, stolen, and killed more than most belief systems have. at the same time though, I have seen people who have been effected by it, and man their lives sure turn around quick. better job, no abusing drugs, and general feeling of well-being. who am I to tell my cousin who found jesus in his heart that he is wrong??

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (07/18/04 06:01 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2903315 - 07/18/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A beleif is a tool. I can use it for good, or I can sneak up behind someone and whack their head off with it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Exorcism and Death [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2903352 - 07/18/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can sneak up behind someone and whack their head off with it.

Puh-lease! There will be no whacking off on this forum.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2903360 - 07/18/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can't help myself... some of your ideas are very attractive.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/18/04 06:38 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2903398 - 07/18/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

in this thread tens of thousands of gang members kill each other.

And they kill each other because of the Big Bang instead of Creationism?  :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#2903426 - 07/18/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I can think of one case of Atheism and Death off the top of my head..
The Chinese invasion of Tibet....

Just as often as religions murder others for not believing, the non religious murder others for believing...

edit- I am in no way sticking up for the catholic church...i have lots of contempt for the catholic church, and i think exorcists that kill should be convicted as murders and punished accordingly.

Edited by Qubit (07/18/04 07:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order