Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Conclusions
    #4507330 - 08/07/05 05:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Several members have adopted jiggy's "A conclusion is a place where you got tired of thinking."

This may sound profound, but it is not. A conclusion is where an idea fully or very closely fits the facts.

Before you trounce on me, ponder this: If no one EVER came to a conclusion, there would be no internet nor computers nor would this discussion be taking place in this venue. An early engineer HAD TO CONCLUDE that I = E/R (Ohm's law) for electronics to exist.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Conclusions [Re: Swami]
    #4507375 - 08/07/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

well, conclusions can be drawn from other conclusions. for example, i could conclude that P = (I^2)R using ohm's law, which as you said is itself a conclusion. so you can keep on going beyond your initial conclusion to reach other conclusions.

i mean, in the scientific community, a conclusion is just a verification or a contradiction of a hypothesis. a conclusion can still be wrong.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4507385 - 08/07/05 05:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

How do know you know anyone besides you read my old sig lead alone found any meaning in it.

Here's what it meant to me. It's okay for me to get tired of thinking and come to temporary conclusions where I left off. It also meant to me that even if I got tired of thinking about it and came to a conclusion, that does not mean the topic doesn't have more to it.

I doubt anyone took your version of it.

Of course we all come to resting stages, or conclusions until they will be continued at a further date. Anything and everything should be left to the possibility of it being reopened in the future for continued examination in the future if future interest or evidence comes up.

The phrase just said its when we got tired of thinking. Give me ANYTHING you have come to a final conclusion about swami and I can think the poor bastard into eternity if I want to never coming to a conclusion. I advocate resting plateaus and leaving books to be reopened again if need be.

If we didn't do that swami, many men who were imprisioned with conclusive evidence would not have been let free when new evidence proved their innocence. Final conclusion, lock them up and throw away the key thinking is ignorant to exploring the truth IMHO

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4507396 - 08/07/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Several members have adopted jiggy's "A conclusion is a place where you got tired of thinking."

This may sound profound, but it is not. A conclusion is where an idea fully or very closely fits the facts.

Before you trounce on me, ponder this: If no one EVER came to a conclusion, there would be no internet nor computers nor would this discussion be taking place in this venue. An early engineer HAD TO CONCLUDE that I = E/R (Ohm's law) for electronics to exist.

you can conclude when you consider everything, but can you trully ever consider everything?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Conclusions [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4507410 - 08/07/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Of course not. That means final conclusions give you only partial truths to work with and act on. Some may serve as a stepping stone and some may serve as the permanant lock on a prison door.

Use final conclusions in life all you want to swami. I use temporary ones. The world keeps spinning round. :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Conclusions [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4507418 - 08/07/05 05:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Anything and everything should be left to the possibility of it being reopened in the future for continued examination in the future if future interest or evidence comes up.

Naturally for some things. For others, certain conclusions will never be reopened by either you or I and that is not laziness.

If no new evidence pops up and your conclusion perfectly fits all available data, why should you not rest?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4507428 - 08/07/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Who said anything about laziness?

Lazy is when you have the energy for something and choose not to use it. Tiredness is when you flat plumb run out for the time being.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4507457 - 08/07/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

LOL

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Conclusions [Re: Gomp]
    #4507502 - 08/07/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

What's so funny?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4507536 - 08/07/05 06:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I asked him the same question in another thread.  No response. :confused:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Conclusions [Re: Ego Death]
    #4507618 - 08/07/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:shrug:

Psssssssssst dano,  Gomps been hittin this again methinks:bongload:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Conclusions [Re: Ego Death]
    #4507632 - 08/07/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

He's laughing because he's in on a secret. Yet he doesn't know what it is. :grin: Dreaming boy.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4508882 - 08/08/05 01:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

This may sound profound, but it is not.

:poke:

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Conclusions [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4509365 - 08/08/05 03:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Can you come to a conclusion, but not have certitude in that conclusion?

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Conclusions [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4509447 - 08/08/05 04:00 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Some Christians are certain in their conclusion that the earth was created in the course of 7 days about 6,000 years ago by the hands of God the Almighty Father. Current scientif evidence shows another picture. Did you know the first woman was made from a male rib bone? Millions have come to a very certain conclusion on this.:lol:

Being certain in a conclusion doesn't mean you are right or have the truth. Use them at your own risk of being made to look foolish up the road.

History is packed with false final conclusions that only served to create scientific and religious dogma as well as hold progress back.

I'd be careful with it. To often when people close the book on something, they will then fall into the ignorance of disregarding future information and evidence which could prove the prior final conclusion quite wrong indeed.

Swami saw that happen many times in the ape to man documentary.  I think he had a brain fart when he thought to post this or was bored and looking for some jiggy love. :heart:

You can come to a temporary probable premise about many things and act on them with the current information made available and or after you have exhausted all avenues for the time being.

Why close the book on anything with absolute certainty when we don't have too?

If someones head is chopped off, you can be pretty certain he's body is dead and conclude that and bury or burn it.

Yet, some people were found kicking and yelling in a refrigerated wall cabinet at the morgue with a body tag on their toe.

Look at how many people seem so absolutely sure about something and are later proven wrong.

Why set yourself up to look foolish or fall into ignorance or dogmatic thinking if you don't have too?

It only serves one purpose and that is to appear more right or all knowing to gain the power of authority over a situation. Some get away with it for quite some time too.

Hitler had people certain the Jews were an inferior race of humans and concluded that they needed to be exterminated to keep the Arian race pure.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#4510151 - 08/08/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I stuck a knife in a wall socket and came to the conclusion that that was safe. I stuck another in and completed the circut and came to the conclusion that was not. Will I ever get out of this resting place of thought?

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#4510203 - 08/08/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think the problem is how most people have an incorrect understanding of the Eng'rish vocabulary, so we make generalizations... and thats ok; we're human. The word conclusion, just means to conclude. The seeds of knowledge were planted when Gnarg (almighty Gnarg) concluded 1 rock and another rock equals 2. This is a valid conclusion, as is Ohm's law.

However, the generalization - in my opinion - to "conclude" : is to finalize something, where you believe you know EVERYTHING about the subject being analyzed, which isn't an accurate view on the word.

Ohm's laws are a series of mathematical formula's based on electrical observations and patterns. They are a Earth-bound method of gathering accurate, and consistent data to keep things orderly for engineering. They are far from perfect, but their relative accuracy is satisfiable for our needs and development, thus, the conclusion is agreeable.

However, I'm sure we will make more discovery's about the properties of electricity in the future, as natural phenomena tends not to be resolute, but "seemingly" endless in complexity... think billions of years of cosmic evolution.

Information is divinity, science should be worshipped (most periods of profound peace and order in civilizations reflect a heightened sense of awareness and interest in discovery and science).

...ok I'm done. Or am I?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Conclusions [Re: LittleBen]
    #4514205 - 08/09/05 01:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thats one problem with this mindset. Many people don't seem to realise that many (infinate?) different perspectives on any one situation are possible.

They like to see things as one or the other. I think this stems from childhood, when we are taught 'good' & 'bad'.

The brain, the ego. It creates a kind of mental map. Like a computer, its easier to reference things in catagories. Unfortunately, for anybody trying to show another person a different perspective, the ego blocks them with its belief that it always has the best perspective.

On top of that, the mind does not like to keep open answers. This has been shown by science. It actually enters a state of anxiety and distress when something is not known or understood. Hence, people being naturally afraid of the dark.

This is unfortunate in our modern world, as it prevents many from understanding that thoughts should never be considered absolute.

"A conclusion is a place where you got tired of thinking"

I don't know who said it wasn't but this statement is deeply profound. If you don't realise this, then you have no chance of understanding the concept at hand here or any chance at overcoming the ignorance the ego brain has created.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology