Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Order of the Solar Temple
    #2900888 - 07/17/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yet another group spouting apocryphal nonsense (not unlike a handful on this board) who took their own lives (74 total in three incidences) in the mid-90s'

The Order itself stems from the Knights of Templar, a secretive medieval organization founded by French crusaders in Jerusalem.

Repeat after me: No danger in belief; no danger in belief. The end-of-the-world is coming; the end-of-the-world is coming. There, there my good little unthinking parrots.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Order of the Solar Temple [Re: Swami]
    #2900902 - 07/17/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think anyone can relate to these destructive groups of people.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Order of the Solar Temple [Re: Zahid]
    #2900926 - 07/17/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No? How many threads back in 1998 and 1999 on the end-of the-world in 2000? How many threads about 2012 on here? (Do a search!)

Of the three fairly recent suicide cults, The People's Temple, Heaven's Gate and the Order of the Solar Temple, which ones originally taught self destruction?

Of the three fairly recent suicide cults, The People's Temple, Heaven's Gate and the Order of the Solar Temple, which ones originally taught the coming end-of-the- world?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2900934 - 07/17/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There's a difference between New Age fascination and New Age Yuppie suicide machines.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2900949 - 07/17/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So are you unwilling or unable to answer my simple questions? If unwilling, then why?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2900981 - 07/17/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know the answers to your questions, I am not very well-versed in doomsday cults.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2901025 - 07/17/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"The end-of-the-world is coming; the end-of-the-world is coming. There, there my good little unthinking parrots."

Cool Swami, thanks for giving me the lowdown. I'll probably cap myself sometime tonight.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2901031 - 07/17/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Seriously though, I would rather stay and watch the world end if that was the deal. Thats not something you see everyday.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Order of the Solar Temple [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2901129 - 07/17/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

*Swami sets up lawn chair outside and pops a beer*

Ok, let the show begin!

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2901134 - 07/17/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Rock and roll!!!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2901136 - 07/17/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OK, I will answer my own questions (kind of like my sex life):

Of the three fairly recent suicide cults, The People's Temple, Heaven's Gate and the Order of the Solar Temple, which ones originally taught self destruction?
None!

Of the three fairly recent suicide cults, The People's Temple, Heaven's Gate and the Order of the Solar Temple, which ones originally taught the coming end-of-the- world?
All three!

So can you say in good conscious that there are no similarities or parallels to things being disseminated on this board regarding coming changes?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2901153 - 07/17/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree totally. Many ideas expressed here are frightening. What about the "shadow spirit" guy? I mean some of this shit is very negatively weird. What is hilareous is how people will encourage these ideas because to disagree with them is "rude". I would rather be rude, but at least be a voice of reason. Now don't everyone flame me...I am just referencing a few posts I have read like the alien ones and talkin to anicient mayans. An open mind is great, but don't drop off the edge of the Earth because of an open mind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2901173 - 07/17/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I have mentioned many times (a sticky would be nice, but won't happen) that the two shroomery sucides that I am aware of, both spouted 4th dimensional, alien visitation, end-of-the-world stuff.

What is hilareous is how people will encourage these ideas because to disagree with them is "rude". I would rather be rude, but at least be a voice of reason.
Agreed. Better to be impolite and be regraded as a jerk rather than see someone self-destruct as HAD ALREADY HAPPENED.

Those unaware of what I am talking about, do a search on ChemicalBlue (he also went under another name that escapes me at the moment).

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#2901182 - 07/17/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

How do you know for sure a suicide occurred and not just a hoax? The only hit I got on a search was your last one. Was it deleted?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2901196 - 07/17/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

of course beliefs are dangerous swami, you know that. I think you also said one time that you had a friend involved in the heaven's gate incident? this is something we all can learn from.

beliefs are dangerous no matter what type though swami. the level depends on the actual person though. what is that person really willing to do? the christian belief can be labeled this as well by your standards as I view the crusades as very dangerous. suicide bombers also tell many tales of how beliefs can really change a person's common sense.

hell a belief in the constitution is also dangerous. just ask the slaves who were considered 3/5 human because the constitution said so.

now as far as judging an entire belief system (rather than the individual) I don't know. a lot of the 4th dimension beliefs focus on love and oneness with each other, which I applaud! I will admit that someone on here claiming they are satan was very extreme, but again, can you judge just one belief system, or judge them all? can you judge jsut one person, or them all?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Order of the Solar Temple [Re: kaiowas]
    #2901214 - 07/17/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

just ask the slaves who were considered 3/5 human because the constitution said so.

Now African Americans are considered 6/5 human (see: NBA)...

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2901219 - 07/17/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

haha

but really though swam, do you negate the entire system on a couple ( or even more) flawed performances?  if so wouldn't that just shut down every belief system we've got then?  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2901220 - 07/17/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

At least one was well documented. The user had several nicks, chemicalblue was his last if memory serves. I'm not sure about the second one- that may have happened during one of my needed vacations from this place.

I hope we're not pretending that only a swing to the extreme side of belief predisposes one to suicidal thought.. a big swing of the pendulum to materialism can be every bit as deadly. How many have stepped off that cliff as well?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Order of the Solar Temple [Re: kaiowas]
    #2901222 - 07/17/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

a lot of the 4th dimension beliefs focus on love and oneness with each other,

As did each of the cults mentioned. As I have already asked in another thread: how many atheist suicide cults are you aware of? Does their non-existence not tell us something important? If belief is so positive wouldn't it be logical to be the other way around?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2901233 - 07/17/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"As did each of the cults mentioned. As I have already asked in another thread: how many atheist suicide cults are you aware of? Does their non-existence not tell us something important? If belief is so positive wouldn't it be logical to be the other way around? "

yes, though I don't know exactly what they preached but I'm sure it's very similar. now what about my question?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order