Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Solar Plexus Pain
    #2774712 - 06/08/04 02:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have been carrying around pain in my solar plexus for at least a few years now. It is so persistent that I generally do not notice it although the sensation is very uncomfortable. I am tired of living with this as the backdrop to my life.

Saying it is 'just nerves' is both absolutely true and too dismissive at the same time. It feels like all of my anxiety, fears, attachments and guilt have have migrated to this center to form a dark seething, tangled, thorny, painful mass around my heart. It also has a suprapersonal tinge to it...like it's the pain of the whole world.

I have had some tell me that I must 'swallow' this black mass...to integrate it and accept it into my being. I have made steps toward understanding what this means but have not yet fully accomplished this task.

It's a black mass that penetrates all levels of my manifested existence, physical-mental-psychic-subtle-causal. To overcome this is to overcome all. To integrate this is to integrate all.

As bad as I am making it sound I am actually grateful that all obstructions to full realization have been contracted into a single 'object' and that I am aware of it. Awareness is the first and probably the last step in overcomming this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice or personal insight is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: Source]
    #2774795 - 06/08/04 03:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm wondering, is the pain in your solar plexus or heart area, because you mention both? You could try using a pyramidal quartz crystal to channel energy in or out of the chakra center. It may not cure the problem, but it will help the symptoms.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: ]
    #2774855 - 06/08/04 03:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Technically it's in my solar plexus. I use the term 'heart' to refer to a kind of 'center of being' rather than the actual organ.

I have never tried any sort of energy healing techniques using crystal. A little relief would be great and I am open to just about anything although I am ever wary of good 'ol placebo. Have you had any experiences with channeling energy with crystal?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #2774857 - 06/08/04 03:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The definition of Karma in Falun Gong is a negative black substance that accumulates in your energy body when bad deeds are performed. This may directly from bad deeds you did, from a past incarnation, or even passed down from family and close friends. Eliminating all karma is the first step towards cultivating one's Gong energy, and usually manifests itself as great obstacles and struggles in your life. I just thought I'd mention this, because you said it was a black substance which caught my attention.

Basically, being humble, doing good deeds, not worrying about personal gains/losses, and loosing your material attachments and desires are all ways of increasing Xinxiang while ridding yourself of accumulated karma. You said it started a few years ago, so I'm just wondering, did you do anything particularily of interest during that time? (ie- kill someone) :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2774917 - 06/08/04 03:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ayahuasca.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: deff]
    #2774921 - 06/08/04 03:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ha ha haaa...

No I didn't kill anyone...just myself. It may (and I stress MAY) have started with a particularly intense high dose psyilocibin journey a few years back which among other things activated a full blown Kundalini experience and ego death (or partial death) which left me with a deep identification with Christ that persists to this day.

'a negative black substance that accumulates in your energy body' - yep, that pretty much describes it - except it seems to be concentrated in one spot about an inch below the lowest point of my sternum and about two inches 'inside'.

I am generally living a pretty positive life although of course I could do better. Some things I did as a kid that were really bad (i.e. throwing a rock into the eye of a handicapped kid) and bad things that happened to me as a kid have come up but it seems out of proportion to the pain in the dark mass - like it has some metaphysical causes and implications.

'usually manifests as great obstacles and struggles in your life' - well I have no shortage of those! And I agree that there is a relationship between the strugles in my life and the negative black substance, although It would be dificult for me to explain what that relationship is.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

#2774924 - 06/08/04 03:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Swami...please elaborate!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2774985 - 06/08/04 04:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

First off, I am assuming that you are correct that it is NOT a medical condition. If true, you need to do some breathing exercises to release the knot. There are two that I would suggest:

1. Lie on your back and hyperventilate for about five minutes. Do shallow, rapid breathing as fast as you can like a dog panting. You can pass out from this which is why you must be lying down. You will feel dizzy from messing with the oxygen / carbon dioxide balance. When you have had enough, relax and breath slowly and deeply. Now place your hand over your solar plexus. If done properly old feelings and emotions should arise which you can then release through primal screaming. Yes, scream at the top of your lungs ( hopefully the neighbors will not call the police). You may feel panicky and out of control. The intensity of the pain and the volume may scare you, but that is OK. Keep screaming until you feel the release. Let if all go. If done properly, you need only do this once or at least once in a great while.

2. On a daily basis, practice taking long slow deep breaths. This will help you to become more aware of the tension and to eventually relax your diaphragm.

Where legal (*wink wink*), ayahusaca, the most powerful psychedelic (see www.ayahuasca.com), is noted for causing powerful physical and psychological purging and clearing. The ingredients may be purchased easily from the net.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: Swami]
    #2775011 - 06/08/04 04:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Swami, it does help, ALOT!

The 'primal scream' sounds exactly like what I need right now. I'm going to try that exercise and I'll get back to you to let you know if it worked. I'm not worried about the neighbors calling the police, I'm worried about scaring the bejesus out of my family. I'll have to find a remote place to do it.

I'm going to chack out the 'ayahuasca' link now...

--------------------

Anonymous

#2775068 - 06/08/04 04:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I second Swami's suggestions, especially the ayahuasca. It will definitely purge your body, in more ways than one hehe.

As for the crystal, I've used a pyramid in the past for gathering energy into the body centers and it works fairly well. The effects are immediate and you can use it either to draw energy into a center to charge it, or oppositely to disperse excess energy that has built up in a center. Although many pyramid crystals that can be bought are modelled after the the proportions of the Egyptian pyramids, the optimum proportion for energy collection and direction is for the sum of the four base sides equal to 1.16 times the height. If you picture this in your head it is similar in shape to an obelisk's cap. Any material can be used for construction of the pyramid but crystals are recommended because their ordered atomic structure allows for optimal energy transfer.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: ]
    #2775154 - 06/08/04 05:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the information! I'm gonna give the primal scream a shot. I deffinitely need to pick up on my meditation practice again too...I stopped after a couple of years and just haven't been right since. As for the crystals, I think if it comes to that I'll go to somebody who knows more than me about doing it - maybe I'll be giving you a call Max!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2775193 - 06/08/04 05:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Not to shoot down another's suggestion, but the crystal thing is more New Age mumbo-jumbo with no basis in fact or theory.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

#2775217 - 06/08/04 05:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I know but I'm open to just about anything at this point. In the end it's me who will decide if it really worked or not (should I decide to do it) being, as I said, ever mindful of the placebo effect.

I will recieve all suggestions gratefully with an open but discerning mind.

More than likely I'm going to find a place where I can try your primal scream suggestion and then resume my Zen based practice. It may take a few days but I WILL revive this post to let you know if it worked.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2775841 - 06/08/04 09:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Actually it has a basis in theory, otherwise it wouldn't be used. :laugh:

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2775859 - 06/08/04 09:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Source,

Try breathing better.

Monitor how a newborn child breaths. Deep, full, breaths. Then we are conditioned to breath poorly which can induce a lot of illnesses (including older appearance, sickness, muscle cramps, back pains, pretty much anything you can think of).

Peace.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2775882 - 06/08/04 10:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

swami: for suggestion one...why does that work?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: CleverName]
    #2776189 - 06/08/04 11:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Unresloved painful emotions and memories may continually trigger a flight or fight response which is not acted upon, as it does not apply when concerning relationships. This results in unconscious muscle tensing which may go on for years. Many people carry stress in the neck and trapezious area, hence the phrase "a pain in the neck" or fear may knot the stomach or loss may cause heartache.

The rapid breathing super-saturates the blood with oxygen, heightening awareness and fatiguing the diapragm. The deep screaming jolts the neuro-muscular memories bringing them to the conscious level. This awareness coupled with the energy expended allows the physical body to disengage from these hidden mental images.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2776352 - 06/09/04 12:44 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

very cool. thanks for explaining, i was interested. i may try that some time.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineSource
Male

#2776431 - 06/09/04 01:07 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Come to think of it...I know I'm holding on to some unresolved painful emotions revolving around the death of my twin sons shortly after thier birth five years ago (caused by twin to twin transfussion syndrome). At the time I didn't have the luxury of releasing all my pain because I had to help my wife through it all. I now have a four year old son and I am irrationally over-anxious about anything happening to him (especially viral sickness).

I really don't remember having this pain before that ordeal...but when I do the exercise I'll try not to overemphasize that particular event. Who knows, it could be something from earlier in life and I would like to remain open to all possibilities.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Solar Plexus Pain [Re: psyka]
    #2776457 - 06/09/04 01:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Psyka,

I completely agree. We also tend to develope bad posture which constricts our lungs and other organs making our breathing even shallower.

I notice that when I lay down on my back and breath deeply into my belly the pain in my solar plexus worsens. This is usually enough to make me stop (who likes pain) but it may actually be an indication that I am getting to the root of the problem. Sometimes healing/clearing hurts...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Ayahuasca

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology