Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Icon]
    #28803661 -

do you do that very often?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth [Re: wolf8312]
    #28803668 -

wolf8312 said:
The other month I did try to have a more recreational Aya trip and just watch TV and do normal things! But when it came on I was just overwhelmed and crawled off to bed to face it/them!



I guess we approach it differently mentally. I've never thought about it as an enduring exposure to some entity's will. To me it's not much different than acid, just more visual. I love to lay in bed on it, vaping weed and essentially lucid dreaming. When I brought it to that party most of us had never heard of it before, they didn't have pre-conceived expectations and I didn't tell them much about it at all. One guy was showing signs of feeling overwhelmed, he might have interpreted it differently on his own, but being together loving each other was a strong foundation.

RGV No I only repeated it a few times when I first started using it because I was so curious and excited to explore it, but I noticed duds and confusion in repeats so I decided it's best to wait at least 24 hours to let my mind cooldown. Not so much about the hours as getting a night of sleep to feel refreshed before the next trip.

Edited by Icon (06/07/24 09:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth [Re: Icon]
    #28803748 -

so why say what you said if you did not experience that.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #28804126 -

I may do 8 drags in the span of 20minutes
The first 4 are more intense but not by a huge margin 1-2 drags more and you reach the potency of the first four hits.

The thing that leaves me surprise with DMT is how clear my head is in the trip and after the trip. 100% back to normal.
It feels very natural and doesn’t leave lingering effects after.

I feel like I could smoke it even every night even every week without going crazy.  Whereas a strong mushroom trip had left me ā€œwreckā€ (psychologically) for weeks and with weird ā€œvisualsā€ in my vision.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth [Re: AlwaysHungry1]
    #28804136 -

I'm pretty inexperienced with it with only 3 times in so far.  5 hits seems to push me out and I forget I have a body for a while and 4 gets me out but I'm aware of the string connecting me back to the ole meat sack

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28804313 -

redgreenvines said:
so why say what you said if you did not experience that.



Say what? Maybe I misunderstood the question.

I'm just going off my experience of using it multiple times in a day. It didn't satisfy my expectations, which I took to be tolerance related. I never microdosed it throughout the day but if those users are saying there's no tolerance, they may be right since the mao is breaking down any small amounts of DMT so quickly, no receptors are getting overworked. It's the flood doses that I'd argue are better off spaced out.

Hypothetically, if 100 is a breakthrough and tolerance takes 1 hour per 10 points to reset to 0, in that system people that are only reaching 1/10th of their peak could essentially do it every hour without noticing a tolerance change.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28804503 -

redgreenvines said:
an excellent book for chemists and psychonaughts, but his assessments of tolerance and effects are entirely subjective



What do you think your posts to the contrary are?

Most of the available literature, which isn't much, affirms no pharmacological tolerance DMT. But they obviously haven't hung out with people vaping non-stop for months or something. The "tolerance" I've read about is usually the entities saying you've had enough and sending you back to your body, stone sober, after hitting a BT-level dose. The tolerance observed in studies is likely becoming accustomed to the effects, not an actual tolerance.

I don't feel like Googling for the studies ATM, but maybe later. But DMT having no tolerance is pretty well-known.


Icon said:
stareatclouds said:
Icon said:
Tolerance probably depends on the dose too. No way people are breaking through 3 times in a day. Or they would definitely notice a difference by the third. But the people that just take a couple tiny drags off a vape throughout the day are experiencing much more subtle tolerance changes.



Plenty of people do multiple breakthrough trips in a day. There is no pharmacological tolerance observed in any of the studies on DMT.



You can reach it multiple times, sure, but it's going to take more the 2nd and third time. If it took you 50mg the first, and an hour later you do 50mg again, it's not gonna be the same.



"No way people are breaking through 3 times in a day."

"Plenty of people do multiple breakthrough trips in a day."

Which is it? And if you need 50mg to breakthrough, your vaping technique is simply awful. 15-20mg on emesh can reliably break you through, for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: stareatclouds]
    #28804540 -

stareatclouds said:
Icon said:
stareatclouds said:
Icon said:
Tolerance probably depends on the dose too. No way people are breaking through 3 times in a day. Or they would definitely notice a difference by the third. But the people that just take a couple tiny drags off a vape throughout the day are experiencing much more subtle tolerance changes.



Plenty of people do multiple breakthrough trips in a day. There is no pharmacological tolerance observed in any of the studies on DMT.



You can reach it multiple times, sure, but it's going to take more the 2nd and third time. If it took you 50mg the first, and an hour later you do 50mg again, it's not gonna be the same.



"No way people are breaking through 3 times in a day."

"Plenty of people do multiple breakthrough trips in a day."

Which is it? And if you need 50mg to breakthrough, your vaping technique is simply awful. 15-20mg on emesh can reliably break you through, for sure.



I'm confused, do you think I said both of those things? You're the one who said "Plenty of people do multiple breakthrough trips in a day." My reply to that was a few posts back. I was too strong with my wording, of course you can force multiple breakthroughs a day. But I stand by what I said about there being a difference, diminished intensity or needing to increase the dose for the same intensity. If we could have breakthroughs back to back to back, why wouldn't we. But that wasn't my experience.

Also there's something that just feels morally wrong about asking for more after receiving so much. There is that hyperslap scenario where people get the message that they've disrespected the sacrament by abusing it too much. I think a good breakthrough gives plenty to ponder about for the rest of the day, at least. If someone wants to immediately do it again, I start to doubt they experienced anything at all. Or they're just not even attempting to integrate that energy back into their lives, they just want to live in DMT land. Sad. It's like pouring water into someone's hands, but they don't even have them cupped. If I were hyperspace and someone like that asked me for a 10th pour I'd slap da shit outta 'em.

Anyone who knows anything about DMT knows how to get the most out of it, and it isn't chasing freebase breakthroughs all day. Whoever does that is foolish.

Edited by Icon (06/07/24 11:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Icon]
    #28804562 -

Yes, sorry, meant to quote you saying, "You can reach it multiple times, sure", which is the same point. You're using double-talk and waffling on what was said. People don't need to "force" multiple BTs in a day, either. I think it's more likely you are not effectively vaping it since you're talking about 50mg+, which is an insane amount. That's like blackout territory with modern vaping efficiency.

"If we could have breakthroughs back to back to back, why wouldn't we."

You can.

"Anyone who knows anything about DMT knows how to get the most out of it, and it isn't chasing freebase breakthroughs all day."

Weird gatekeeping, especially for someone who thinks 50mg and more is needed for breakthrough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: stareatclouds] * 1
    #28804564 -

I don't understand the importance of the 50mg argument, just seems like you're trying to belittle me. Don't really got the time for that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Icon]
    #28804570 -

Icon said:
You can have recreational aya trips. First step would be doing pharmahuasca so you eliminate most of the nausea factors.



This guy says ayahuasca has only made him vomit twice in 200 ceremonies. In my experience, extraction ruins B. caapi. The effect of extracted B. caapi is like a 3rd gen VHS recording of the original.

It’s happen quite often actually. Personally, I have probably vomited only 2 times in my last 200 ceremonies, haven’t vomited nor felt nauseous for more than 100 ceremonies now. I felt much more nausea and vomited more often in my earlier days, so there might be a connection. Maybe you have purged out a lot of stuff that needs to get cleared by vomiting, I would not make a rule out of it though.

I never know what my next ceremony will be like, surprise seems to be the only constant
:smile:

Bollomir, https://www.reddit.com/r/Ayahuasca/s/uPUPZNw5qw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Icon]
    #28804577 -

Icon said:
I don't understand the importance of the 50mg argument, just seems like you're trying to belittle me. Don't really got the time for that.



You can't see the importance of conveying correct dosing information for something like DMT? Interesting. No idea how you're taking this at me belittling you, either. I am specifically commenting on you saying "knows how to get the most out of it" while stating that 50mg is a "standard breakthrough dose." You are clearly not close to getting the most out of your DMT if that's true for you. 20mg on modern vaping devices like emesh or Yocan Orbit (pretty sure that's the one Edit: Nope, it's the Yocan Cylo) is more than enough for a full-send breakthrough. I'm trying to promote safe practices with a very intense psychedelic, not belittle you.

The direct e-mesh thread.
Direct e-mesh method howto step by step with images and video
A little experience/e-mesh method report

A few random threads about emesh.

Edited by stareatclouds (06/08/24 06:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: epilectric]
    #28804578 -

epilectric said:
it's just fun :laugh: bc i occasionally read it that way too



Oh, my user title under my name? Haha, yeah. I always kept it ambiguous since it confused people. Both versions work for me, haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: s240779]
    #28804582 -

s240779 said:
Icon said:
You can have recreational aya trips. First step would be doing pharmahuasca so you eliminate most of the nausea factors.



This guy says ayahuasca has only made him vomit twice in 200 ceremonies. In my experience, extraction ruins B. caapi. The effect of extracted B. caapi is like a 3rd gen VHS recording of the original.

It’s happen quite often actually. Personally, I have probably vomited only 2 times in my last 200 ceremonies, haven’t vomited nor felt nauseous for more than 100 ceremonies now. I felt much more nausea and vomited more often in my earlier days, so there might be a connection. Maybe you have purged out a lot of stuff that needs to get cleared by vomiting, I would not make a rule out of it though.

I never know what my next ceremony will be like, surprise seems to be the only constant
:smile:

Bollomir, https://www.reddit.com/r/Ayahuasca/s/uPUPZNw5qw



I've actually never drank the brew before but I believe it that you can get over the nausea, or avoid it with certain diets.

The brew itself is a water extraction, so I don't think we should be discouraged that an extraction is a reduction in potential. Studies of caapi extracts and caapi brews match up, I'm not sure what could be missing. But I think you have a point, there are different extractions. I was using a "TPA" extract which is supposedly full spectrum harmine, harmaline, THH. It's also about controlling the dose. Once you know you need 200mg for inhibition, and 300mg causes nausea, you can dial in what's right for you, which is slightly different for everyone. Being able to repeat your specific dose over and over is one advantage over brews where you just don't know the potency of the plant or concentration of the extract.

Edited by Icon (06/08/24 01:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: stareatclouds]
    #28804590 -

stareatclouds said:
Icon said:
I don't understand the importance of the 50mg argument, just seems like you're trying to belittle me. Don't really got the time for that.



You can't see the importance of conveying correct dosing information for something like DMT? Interesting. No idea how you're taking this at me belittling you, either. I am specifically commenting on you saying "knows how to get the most out of it" while stating that 50mg is a "standard breakthrough dose." You are clearly not close to getting the most out of your DMT if that's true for you. 20mg on modern vaping devices like emesh or Yocan Orbit (pretty sure that's the one) is more than enough for a full-send breakthrough. I'm trying to promote safe practices with a very intense psychedelic, not belittle you.

The direct e-mesh thread.
Direct e-mesh method howto step by step with images and video
A little experience/e-mesh method report

A few random threads about emesh.



Lol nah, I don't think it's that important. If "safe practices" is your concern, I'm not sure how you can find a 50mg, once per day recommendation offensive while openly suggesting people to smoke as much DMT as they want in a day, potentially hundreds of milligrams. 50mg is by far the widest recommendation, even erowid has that. Obviously efficiencies vary. Most people that ask about dose over the past 15 years just want to try it and are going to try it the quickest, least expensive, least efficient ways whether I bother talking about the better options.

Congrats on your "emesh". I've been using digital vapes, with mesh, since 2009 - the Volcano. I load 50mg but can never finish it. It just builds up in the mesh for next time. You're making a big deal out of nothing and completely missed my point about getting the most out of DMT. It isn't about saving 26mg on a 10 minute trip with an emesh dude. Get a clue.

I thought you said you don't believe you've even had a breakthrough yet, too scared right? so idk what experience you're speaking from. :volcano:

Edited by Icon (06/08/24 01:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: stareatclouds] * 2
    #28804669 -

DMT has some tolerance (according to me haha)

I know this is just my own anecdotal report and make of it what you will, but I have definitely experienced it first hand. I have no reason to lie about this…

On at least a few separate occasions I’ve found that hitting DMT in a pipe at 10 minute intervals causes a tolerance build up. I probably went back to the pipe around 8-10 times in the space of a couple of hours and by the end of the session the DMT just wasn’t really giving me visuals anymore. There was still a body high or something, but it was noticeably less potent and that’s the reason I ended my sessions; otherwise I would have kept going I was enjoying it so much 😁

If there are studies claiming DMT has no tolerance I would be very skeptical about how they checked for it. Just because a study claims something to be true doesn’t mean it actually is…


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Bardy]
    #28804671 -

maybe lsd has the most tolerance, then mushrooms, then DMT ...


--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Bardy]
    #28804676 -

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1064726/

This study found that LSD administration to rats caused a cross tolerance to DMT. Not the same thing as we’re talking about, I know, but it’s something.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0006322395002006

This one from 1996 says that DMT tolerance has not been produced in humans, but they only did four doses spaced at half an hour intervals. I don’t believe that’s enough to properly witness the tolerance build up…

they also say ā€œAdrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), prolactin, cortisol, and heart rate responses decreased with repeated DMT administration, although blood pressure did not.ā€ So maybe this is evidence of a small amount of tolerance, but not enough to really change the experience much? I’m not sure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/02698811231196877

This study done in 2023 seems to have found evidence for DMT tolerance if I understand it correctly.

They say: ā€œPlasma DMT concentrations increased consistently starting 10 min into DMT administration, whereas psychological effects plateaued into the desired steady state, suggesting the development of acute psychological tolerance to DMT.ā€


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: epilectric] * 1
    #28804677 -

Yeah, whatever tolerance there is from DMT, it does disappear quickly.

After gaining the tolerance I think it only took about one day to be back to a point where I could smoke it again with good effect.


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT worth it? [Re: Bardy]
    #28804682 -

I smoked DMT basically for a decent amount of time, i saw very little tolerance build :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is DMT worth it?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MovingTarget 9,513 67 05/24/06 05:58 PM
by schmutzen
* DMT/Psilocybin Cross Tolerance endokrin 11,512 7 09/29/04 04:57 PM
by shallow
* Have you ever encountered an entity?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
NorthernerM 8,288 333 04/06/26 06:10 AM
by hummingbird
* Oral DMT (with Moclobemide) - first time - The Realm of Shamans
( 1 2 all )
bluedolphin 12,937 22 06/26/19 01:25 PM
by ohfunkya
* Who is actively visiting the Out-of-Body DMT realms?
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 789 36 03/30/26 09:49 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Underworld Entities!
( 1 2 all )
Journey 5,932 23 05/03/03 08:01 AM
by KOPELANDIAA
* Dmt experiences - Question
( 1 2 all )
Dickhead 6,756 23 04/06/05 10:58 AM
by Fizikz
* Salvia + DMT = ?? ninjapixie 4,476 18 03/15/05 11:22 PM
by ninjapixie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
9,874 topic views. 1 members, 26 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.