Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27942010 -

I added it once it was colonized. Perhaps it was closer to pinning than I thought? Idk kinda sad because I feel like they’ll be wasted as they don’t have enough water to get big.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27942022 -

I figured someone has had these ugly mofos pop up before though :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: msuwabbit]
    #27942044 -

msuwabbit said:
Quick Question:  What am I doing wrong.  temp is mid 70s and humidity is 99.



https://files.shroomery.org/files/22-36/275230509-20220909_134705.jpg






What in tarnation is that!? Is that like a straw bag cake thing?


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27942050 -

yup a bag cake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: msuwabbit]
    #27942053 -

Ahh ok it looks dry. Probably should've just top fruited it in the bag. Check your perlite with your fingers if it feels dry it needs rehydrated. Maybe you could dunk these cakes for 24hrs then roll them in verm and keep the surface moist by misting from up high daily. I dunno maybe someone else has good input cause I'm just guessing.


--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: rumfor69]
    #27942072 -

If a plate is fully colonized is it okay to allow FAE to help induce pinning? Will it make a difference by removing the cling wrap?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27942247 -

Hi, I've read, watched video's and even had nice people message me about PC stuff...

I'm only gonna do 4qt/4lb unicorn bags and I've heard, read and watched different times from 1-2hrs to 3.5hrs...

How do I know when I'm probably going to get a 23qt presto, which I think will hold 4qt/4lb unicorn bags...

Is there a formula..

I know there is the issue with not running out of steam and some techniques to keep the PC with water in it but I'm mostly concerned with the time to PC for the 4qt/4lb unicorn bags with red milo...

Any help since PC at first is a little knarly but I'm wanting to be free of vendors for agar and grain so I'm probably going to get a PC and try it...

Thanks,

:mushroom2:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Screwup]
    #27942257 -

I am getting back into it after a two year break. A friend had a jar of grain colonized with β€œThe Lucy”. I did a G2G, seemed to colonize well in about a week, spawned to CVG sub in 4 shoeboxes and it started to surface after about 10 days. All seemed to be going well….
But now it has been 6 weeks and the surface is still colonizing, one of the boxes has had pin for about a week and getting more each day but dang it is going sooooo slowwwww. Each day of can barely see any progress at all.  I’ve been misting, checking humidity, seems like my conditions are right.
Anyone have any experience in β€œThe Lucy” variety?


--------------------
Bless this community

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grogu]
    #27942274 -

1 qt jar /  90 min @ 15 PSI

You may want to increase that to 120 or 150 min for 4 pounds bags but I'm not sure that's necessary (wait for someone else input for bags as I personally only do jars)

Also, some people will recommend you 18 PSI or w/e their preference. IME this is not necessary as even medical equipment is sterilized at 15 PSI. Increasing the pressure may or may not reduce sterilization time (I know it's warmer at higher PSI) but I doubt it. Professionals from medical field, research and labs would have figured it out and be doing it if it was the case.

Happy cooking :fancycook: (oups, sterilizing)


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: TillerG]
    #27942276 -

TillerG said:
I am getting back into it after a two year break. A friend had a jar of grain colonized with β€œThe Lucy”. I did a G2G, seemed to colonize well in about a week, spawned to CVG sub in 4 shoeboxes and it started to surface after about 10 days. All seemed to be going well….
But now it has been 6 weeks and the surface is still colonizing, one of the boxes has had pin for about a week and getting more each day but dang it is going sooooo slowwwww. Each day of can barely see any progress at all.  I’ve been misting, checking humidity, seems like my conditions are right.
Anyone have any experience in β€œThe Lucy” variety?



Hard to say without a picture


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rusty2096]
    #27942320 -

What strains of cubes want their pH adjusted?


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: smalltalk_canceled] * 1
    #27942343 -

"Dafuq is pH" - cubes


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27942469 -

General question.

Edited by CowsPoopShrooms (10/14/22 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CowsPoopShrooms]
    #27942505 -



--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rusty2096] * 1
    #27942515 -

Yes, like a.k.a. said in the linked thread. Leucistic means a pigment deficient, albino means complete absence.

Albinos will be completely white, gills and all. Spores are clear so they don't change the color of the gills. You'll get heavy blue bruising when overly mature starting with the gills, see Jack Frost.

Leucistic will be very light but not white, slight yellow tinge and they will produce dark spores making the gills dark. See AA+


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grogu]
    #27942737 -

shroomsurf said:
Hi, I've read, watched video's and even had nice people message me about PC stuff...

I'm only gonna do 4qt/4lb unicorn bags and I've heard, read and watched different times from 1-2hrs to 3.5hrs...

How do I know when I'm probably going to get a 23qt presto, which I think will hold 4qt/4lb unicorn bags...

Is there a formula..

I know there is the issue with not running out of steam and some techniques to keep the PC with water in it but I'm mostly concerned with the time to PC for the 4qt/4lb unicorn bags with red milo...

Any help since PC at first is a little knarly but I'm wanting to be free of vendors for agar and grain so I'm probably going to get a PC and try it...

Thanks,

:mushroom2:



I've been watching this video and feel a little better about PC'ing...



:mushroom2:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Edited by Grogu (09/09/22 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: msuwabbit]
    #27942780 -


Presto 23 quart manual PDF

Edited by CowsPoopShrooms (10/14/22 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CowsPoopShrooms]
    #27942783 -




Are these little dark colored cap ones aborts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: acapulcogold]
    #27942793 -

acapulcogold said:



Are these little dark colored cap ones aborts?



Yes


--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the migrants, and I did not speak out because I was not a migrant.
Then they came for the queers, and I did not speak out because I was not queer.
Then they came for me, and there was nobody left to help me.

ABOLISH ICE. Free Palestine. Revolution or bust (A) . Profile pic credit goes to an awesome human
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CowsPoopShrooms]
    #27942836 -

CowsPoopShrooms said:
At 11:04 when the lid lock pops up is when I start my vent timing (15 mins). He considers it vented when the lid lock pops up, but gives it an extra 5 mins. Anyone know which is correct?


EDIT: The manual isn't clear, but it does appear that he may be correct. Page 15-16 #10-11 in my manual.

"Using a high setting, heat the pressure canner until a steady flow of steam can be seen, heard, or felt
coming from the vent pipe (Fig. H). Exhaust air from the canner for 10 minutes by allowing steam to
flow from the vent pipe. Reduce heat, if necessary, to maintain a steady, moderate flow of steam.

10. Place the pressure regulator on the vent pipe. If heat was reduced for exhausting, adjust to a
relatively high setting and heat canner. As pressure develops in the canner, the air vent/cover lock
will lift and lock the cover on the canner. The air vent/cover lock is a visual indicator of the presence
of pressure. When in the up position, there is pressure in the canner; when in the down position, there
is no pressure in the canner (Fig. I). Also, as pressure builds, the pointer of the gauge should move
across the face. If the pointer does not move and the regulator begins rocking, see step 11 below to
process at 15 pounds of pressure. Replace the gauge before using the canner again.

11. Continue heating until the pressure dial gauge registers the correct pressure. Adjust the heat to
maintain the correct pressure on the dial gauge for the duration of the processing time."


Presto 23 quart manual PDF page 6 #9-11:
Download Instruction Manual PDF





I'll be, once the thing pops up, be giving it 10 minutes+ to let the air venting to steam venting then I'll put the jiggle on, and as far as I can tell the video says to crawl up to 15psi and try to not have it go back down as to suck back steam form the bags/qts etc and then back into them again...

Since I have to do 3.5hrs, my only concern, next to not exploding, is to keep water in the PC!

I might put a little more than 3qts water unless someone suggests otherwise?

And of course, without the psi lowering turn the heat down and level out the psi at 15 as the bags get filled with steam!?

:shocked:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Edited by Grogu (09/10/22 12:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,528 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,801 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,154,785 topic views. 9 members, 46 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.