Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: milkboy]
    #27940563 -

milkboy said:
Try SSLC usually get my quart jars colonized in 5 days :stoned:



Nice didn't know that was a thing.

SEMI-SOLID LIQUID CULTURE

Only down side I see is that's it's foggy (harder to see contam but can be tested on agar if needed) but I def will give that a try


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rusty2096]
    #27940588 -

Quick question!  I recently grew some Golden teacher, and at the same time, I inoculated jars with a “strain” called Air Force One, from **vendor removed.  The fruits are dramatically different from the GT’s.  They are much smaller, and thinner stems(but not hollow).  They have the same color as cubes usually do, but they look much different physically.  I don’t know what strain these would be similar to.  I was hoping you experts could maybe give me more info.  What do these look similar to?

Edited by fahtster (09/08/22 03:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: hambonemcgee]
    #27940591 -

They are P. cubensis. No way to know for sure if you think they were mislabeled.

(please remove vendors names if mods don't do it first.)


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27940594 -

Nichrome said:
They are P. cubensis. No way to know for sure if you think they were mislabeled.

(please remove vendors names if mods don't do it first.)



Is it only spore vendors that need removing or any products having to do with muchrooms?

:mushroom2:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Grogu] * 1
    #27940601 -

I believe all non sponsors are not to be plugged.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27940612 -

Sponsor or not vendors arent supposex to be mentioned by name along side pics of mushrooms or conversations about using their spores to grow mushrooms.

Spores are technically sold for microscopy purposes only


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Rusty2096]
    #27940613 -

Rusty2096 said:
milkboy said:
Try SSLC usually get my quart jars colonized in 5 days :stoned:



Nice didn't know that was a thing.

SEMI-SOLID LIQUID CULTURE

Only down side I see is that's it's foggy (harder to see contam but can be tested on agar if needed) but I def will give that a try



Going off visual cues alone isnt a reliable method anyways so thats not a big deal. Main downside with SSLC is using syringes can be kind of a bitch so I prefer to just free pour it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: milkboy] * 3
    #27940617 -

SSLC for the win :rockon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #27940647 -

Smellyhobbit said:
HILLBILLY OUTLAW said:
I usually see growth in about 3 days.
15-20 for full colonization.



Really? I usually see full colonization with just A2G in a little under 2 weeks. Might not be worth the extra step.



There's this thing I've been doing lately:

I like to get my agar wedge pushed up against the side of the jar real nicely so that I can see the growth well.  This involves sticking a wedge in as usual and gently shaking until it's positioned correctly.  Sometimes however it takes a bit more shaking.  On these jars I noticed that there are a number of inoculation points from myc coming off the wedge in the shake. 

I've been playing around with that and instead of just more than a gentle shake I shake the living shit out of the jar and roll it around while doing so.  I've found the whole jar colonises at once like this.  It's like SSLC but going straight from an agar wedge.  Here is an example of three jars all inoculated at the tame time from the same wedge.  The middle one was given the maraca treatment. 



Those were done 8 days ago, but it's cold here so growth is slooow.

I'm not sure if anyone here does it like this, everything has been tried before right.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: schpat]
    #27940897 -

Can bags with filter patches be impulse sealed before PCing or will they burst? They will be appropriately clipped and weighed down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27940925 -

Quick question: my fruits are coming in all attached at the base. Some are opening earlier than others. How/when should I harvest these?
Should I try to cut off the more mature/bigger ones, or wait until the smaller ones mature a bit more, or what?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: wazmo]
    #27940931 -

my huge bag of verm i bought awhile back is coming to its end
do you guys like fine or coarse verm?


--------------------
helpful links
my FH build

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: wazmo]
    #27940936 -

wazmo said:
Quick question: my fruits are coming in all attached at the base. Some are opening earlier than others. How/when should I harvest these?
Should I try to cut off the more mature/bigger ones, or wait until the smaller ones mature a bit more, or what?





Wow, super cool clusters! :mushroom2: I would take all at once after the biggest in the bunches veil breaks but no biggie.
Was this ms or a clone?


--------------------
You're conscious population 2 stardust
----------------------
Nothing matters so everything does :sunny:

Edited by cozmyc (09/08/22 06:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: cozmyc]
    #27940959 -

Thanks! This was made from shredded BRF cakes inoculated using LC from a Shroomery vendor (with the cringey name "Jedi Mind Fuck").

You don't think I'd be losing much by harvesting this early (veils on the largest ones have already broken)?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: wazmo]
    #27940971 -

wazmo said:
Quick question: my fruits are coming in all attached at the base. Some are opening earlier than others. How/when should I harvest these?
Should I try to cut off the more mature/bigger ones, or wait until the smaller ones mature a bit more, or what?





Just harvest all connected to a base, you may have to harvest some a little early but that's ok


--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the migrants, and I did not speak out because I was not a migrant.
Then they came for the queers, and I did not speak out because I was not queer.
Then they came for me, and there was nobody left to help me.

ABOLISH ICE. Free Palestine. Revolution or bust (A) . Profile pic credit goes to an awesome human
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: monkey_accident]
    #27940973 -

monkey_accident said:
my huge bag of verm i bought awhile back is coming to its end
do you guys like fine or coarse verm?



Personally I like it on the finer end, but not like dusty


--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the migrants, and I did not speak out because I was not a migrant.
Then they came for the queers, and I did not speak out because I was not queer.
Then they came for me, and there was nobody left to help me.

ABOLISH ICE. Free Palestine. Revolution or bust (A) . Profile pic credit goes to an awesome human
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Nichrome]
    #27940978 -

Shoot, right now i use the verm I can get.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: CultiV8]
    #27940989 -

CultiV8 said:
Can bags with filter patches be impulse sealed before PCing or will they burst? They will be appropriately clipped and weighed down



They *can* be presealed and I do, but you have to take some special precautions to keep them from bursting. Small PCs are notorious for cooling down too quickly, so you may need to lower the temp incrementally on the burner until it gets below 0psi. 

Pre-sealing bags before PC'ing ~ whats the best practice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: PBJ710]
    #27941108 -




These lil uglies…


Does anyone have a picture of how these look matured??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: acapulcogold] * 3
    #27941551 -

Nobody has pictures of the future.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,852 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,238 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,829 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,849 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,180 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,044 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,542 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg
* Quick Question LXTC 1,806 11 09/24/02 08:09 PM
by LXTC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,158,947 topic views. 16 members, 76 guests and 172 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 18 queries.