Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27454914 -



Slowly but surely, allenii fruits taking form.


--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

Indoor Woodlover experimentation Journal
Indoor woodlover information - condensed
Indoor azurescens :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal] * 1
    #27457531 -

Found green mold at the very top of some coir in my azurenscens pot today, really big downer.

It happened after receiving water

Less than a 1/2 DL  only to darken the very dry brown coir


Also found a bacterial jar of luteo pinning, thinking of breaking the jar and putting it
in a dub tub with some coir at the bottom. It's a narrowing jar neck type.

I don't see how the pins will make it in the jar . Doing this tomorrow


Luteo pins:



--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Edited by smalltalk_canceled (09/05/21 07:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27457607 -

I wouldn’t worry too much about green molds, one of My really healthy looking azzie beds is from moldy blocks that I thought were trash.  It’s the yellow slime that worries me, but a couple beds that got that might be bouncing back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Land Trout]
    #27457800 -

Land Trout said:
I wouldn’t worry too much about green molds, one of My really healthy looking azzie beds is from moldy blocks that I thought were trash.  It’s the yellow slime that worries me, but a couple beds that got that might be bouncing back.



it's officially bouncing back in my garden. so i'm hoping it'll recover for you as well!


--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto


My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Haywire] * 2
    #27458719 -

Well, this is very unusual.

Ps. allenii is already fruiting quite well outside. It's still over 80+F in the day. Nights are coolish. I had been watering the patches a bit more after I let them all get nice and dry for the summer. I am quite surprised.






This patch is BURSTING to life! I cannot believe they are fruiting so early. Sneaky ones trying to escape the cardboard! I decided to full send it and removed all the cardboard, they obviously are ready. I'll up the frequency in water to keep them moist. Fortunately, they only get very early morning sun so I am not concerned with them getting fried.


--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

Indoor Woodlover experimentation Journal
Indoor woodlover information - condensed
Indoor azurescens :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal]
    #27458858 -

Beauty mate! Glad to see this working out! I'm surprised they can survive those peak daytime temps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27458987 -

We need more possum to eat all the slugs.


--------------------
:stoned:


PFC x Creeper


Lets Get Stoned

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal]
    #27459033 -

Is so funny how I came across one Roger Rabbit thread on woodlovers a long time ago where he mentioned he didn’t like cardboard so I swore it off since then, but seeing Halos grow there is changing that.  Awesome stuff man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: MycoBrainz]
    #27459038 -

MycoBrainz said:
We need more possum to eat all the slugs.




Copper is your friend. They make 100 foot rolls of woven copper for cheap.


--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Land Trout]
    #27459127 -

Now I have removed it, time to watch for pin formation. I did this with the cyans last year, it draws mycelium to the surface, and the theory is to have more pin formation sites.

Anyways, it looks like I have been blueballing the mycelium lmao. Oops. Actually, perhaps I started watering the mycelium too much. I can't remember if the spores are from CA, so perhaps they like it a tad warmer. My watering regimen has been 3 times a day for 4 minutes, with me spraying it with a hose every so often. I wanted to start the water a bit early to "reanimate" the mycelium as it had been "neglected" all summer.


--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

Indoor Woodlover experimentation Journal
Indoor woodlover information - condensed
Indoor azurescens :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Nichrome]
    #27459149 -

Hello. I am very new to mycology but started my attempt at mushrooms. I started out wanting to find some wild actives in the western edges of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. I found a park that had an old gravel road that had hundreds of little mushrooms which I suspect were Psilocybes pelliculosa or silvatica. Recognizing my own limits as a newbie, I didn’t want to risk a misidentification and never ate any. I decided that it would be a better idea to try growing my own and soon landed on the decision to set up an outdoor wood lovers bed of Ps. Azurescens and Cyanescens. I used spores from one of the recommended suppliers and inoculated wheat. I am now eagerly awaiting pins but guessing that my temperatures are not falling low enough yet to encourage fruiting. We are still seeing 80’s during the day and upper 40’s for nights with no notable rains. I’ve recent covered the bed with some soil and apple leaves in an attempt at removing the cardboard covering and prepping for fruiting.






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Boatnbike]
    #27459172 -

Looking good bro! Good on you for making a start


--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

...OR DOES IT?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27460249 -

Woodlovers  chime in:

This azurenscens flowerpot (outside) still looking okay?



It's been dry again, so gave water


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27460252 -

:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #27460301 -

I'd give it a moist casing soil rather than water. But yea the myc looks alive and happy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27460318 -

Top with more coir, is that what I'm hearing? I'm negative towards adding more wood (nutrition) at this point, but from all the other pictures here, I cannot help but think they would prefer a casing of dried wood?


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27460325 -

They prefer something that retains moisture, so not wood. Good fluffy soil or coir will work well. But of course, don't cover it because then the myc will colonize the surface and mat over it, defying the purpose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas] * 2
    #27460528 -

Just uncovered the Ps. subaeruginosa as of two nights ago. That patch doesn't have plants so there were less gaps in the cardboard, only the edges had light, so I am not expecting action until at least a week if not more.

I think I am seeing a pin here


Too small/early to tell and make a definitive statement so I'll be keeping my eyes on this. Not expecting a whole lot from the subs as it is non native, so seeing is believing I suppose.

As for allenii, things are looking good, trying to keep the moisture right and also not oversaturate, but keep pins from drying out. A scenario is the pins could wipe and then they'd just wait until better environmental factors present themselves. I am gonna try to keep them going, this is perhaps due to my overeager watering regimen, so maybe next year I should hold off on the frequent watering until later in September. They got full shade so they are in good company. Fine line between too much water and not enough, or it feels that way. I may be an overly concerned parent haha.

Short video from yesterday, allenii. Excuse the quality, camera doesn't like to focus the best.

Nice photo of a developing cluster.



--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

Indoor Woodlover experimentation Journal
Indoor woodlover information - condensed
Indoor azurescens :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal]
    #27462529 -

Heya peeps.  I’ve got a couple ps cyan GLC jars (they’re about fully colonized.. I actually knocked them both off the table when I was taking the pic so they broke apart a bit—the grains are pretty dry too but that doesn’t matter for glc.. they’re not contaminated or anything, they’re just ugly :lol:)


I’ve got a bunch of reading to do in this thread and I’m just getting started but I can’t decide how I want to proceed.. glc these to qts with grain and wood chips or maybe just grain and then spawn that to a tub of chips?  Also thought about sterilized cardboard in qts.. not even sure if the lc would take off on that.. like I said, just getting started.. about to do a lot of reading.  How would you go about it… links work too, you don’t have to lay it all out here or anything.  Thanks!

Faht

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #27462550 -

yoo, a visit from a trusted cultivator!!!
My prefered course is: grain spawn < sterilized sawdust/smoking chips < outdoor patch.
but there are a lot of ways to do this.

I've experimented with LC to sterilized sawdust but that didn't work out great.

what exactly is GLC? grain liquid culture where you add water to the jar, shake and use the liquid to inoculate?


--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto


My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cyanescens GuruMSD 1,484 4 12/23/06 06:22 AM
by hyphae
* Re: Panaeolus Cyanescens Cultivation kbone 3,197 6 08/04/00 09:30 AM
by Anonymous
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2165 2166 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,309,323 43,309 10/09/26 04:37 AM
by Baba Yaga
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,467 43 11/25/14 05:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster
* Tek for woodlovers - Psilocybe cyanescens ezozo 10,526 3 11/16/04 10:16 PM
by Koala Koolio
* best available wood for woodlovers ? beav 3,078 5 01/30/05 10:04 PM
by beav
* psilocybe cyanescens indoors 4hodmt 8,352 15 01/05/13 05:26 PM
by mushmagic
* Panaeolus Cyanescens theocean06 2,552 14 09/20/04 12:38 PM
by Semilanceata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
627,300 topic views. 14 members, 123 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.018 seconds on 16 queries.