Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Quantom Qups 2/3.25 Oz. Portion/Soufflé/Sauce/ To-Go Agar Cups/Container PROOF
    #27371292 - 07/02/21 08:23 AM (11 months, 17 days ago)

alritealritealrite. So this is going to surprise plenty of you, confuse many of you and distaste a good handful of you. I was there, its all good.

ARE YOU TIRED OF SPENDING TOO MUCH ON PETRI DISHES?!

I was. I was paying about $0.17 for petri dishes, then I was paying $0.075, now I'm paying $0.0315.

How many plates do you use a month? I use a lot. More than I need to really. Giving me a little more speed.

So let me tell you hoe i got to this point.

Anyone see this? I actually thought this was a horrible idea. Really is still, don't like the oven thing personally at all. But lets observe. This is Philly Golden Teacher on YouTube (who I actually like way more than Willy MPsycho
SKIP 11:40

And this didn't click immediately. I saw this probably a year ago.

Now since then I have seen agar in damn near anything lol, to some extent. Ive seen people pour agar into Ziplocs, disposable sealable "candy" bags, what you just saw above. And more so over How people have sent agar in the mail, like the aforementioned forms, i even tried to send a slice of agar in a coin holder successfully, I've seen "coke" baggies used. But for me really i have a buddy who uses zip locks for agar reliable.
I just didnt want to do ziplocks because ive heard theyre hard to work with with a scalpal, and hard to stack..

So i ordered these, 200 for $15

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085JY35TY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I made agar as one would and poured it out.

I like these one although they are a tad more expensive than what i am going to show you next, but they came packaged nearly perfect. It came in an amazon bag/envelope, then a main packaging holding 4 sleeves (2x 100 lids, 2x 100 cups) they were also sealed perfectly.

Now you could try other forms of no-pours and poking a hole before PCing, or so many other agar Teks. But this has got to be the cheapest and least time consuming. And well, the results speak for themselves. Like how long do these things need to sit sterile before they can be worth using? That's a question for the devoted true petri platers.

So check the Qups.

I wrapped a few in cling wrap (you could use parafilm) to see if it makes a difference, maybe not, but i like the security for handling and peace of mind, i would always wrap an inoculated plate that im not putting directly into a ziplock for sure.
Now that was done on 5/26.

Lets see some growth.

Okay so I could try and get different angles and different plates all day. But I can assure you it works.

So can we make it cheaper..?
How about these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVR9QBL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
800 for 25, 3.25 Oz. Cause cheaper, and bigger. Yes.

Poured about a week ago, and unless I come back and edit this, they didn't contaminate. if they do ill probably delete all of this.

got good growth since then tho.

Meanwhile my Petris are working their way out of the fridge and these guys are starting to hang around.

And I still have a couple hundred petri dishes left, don't think im cheap, just economical.
{INSERT PIC OF LEFTOVER PETRIS}

Downsides? well they come in sleeves of 100 so you'll have to pour out that many unless you rebag them in a zip lock in your SAB or flow. I find 2000ml of agar easily fills 100. the new 3.25 oz containers i got actually don't have clear bottoms, the the lids provide enough to look through them, its like a matte clear white, which doesn't bother me much.

Do these get sterilized during manufacturing, probably. are they sterile inside the packaging, enough so. Is how well they're sealed and handled before and after inoc a crucial variable, yes. Well this work, clearly. Have you got anything to lose? Have you got anything to gain? Not saying put all your eggs in one basket, but did you know these are a fraction of the cost of petris?

same control plates from a month ago.

But were just getting to the good part. There's a couple other crucial factors that have led me to believe this could be the most efficient means of agar work.

CLICK HERE to continue the adventure.

WORK IN PROGRESS NOT DONE

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

Edited by QM33 (07/02/21 11:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Quantom Qups 2/3.25 Oz. Portion/Soufflé/Sauce/ To-Go Agar Cups/Container PROOF [Re: QM33]
    #27372747 - 07/03/21 12:51 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

I have successfully hot poured these condiment cups. Works great so far.

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Quantom Qups 2/3.25 Oz. Portion/Soufflé/Sauce/ To-Go Agar Cups/Container PROOF [Re: BrownBear]
    #27372951 - 07/03/21 04:07 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Fuck ya! Those look great. I'm definetly interested to see how many people also do this. I knew I wasn't the first. But im surprised more people don't use these.

OfflineBrownBear
Warrior-Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: Quantom Qups 2/3.25 Oz. Portion/Soufflé/Sauce/ To-Go Agar Cups/Container PROOF [Re: QM33]
    #27372983 - 07/03/21 04:32 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Yea, me neither. I can buy them from my local grocery store. The less I need to buy from the online market the better, imo.

OfflineBlueMushies
Lurker
I'm a teapot

Re: Quantom Qups 2/3.25 Oz. Portion/Soufflé/Sauce/ To-Go Agar Cups/Container PROOF [Re: BrownBear]
    #27372998 - 07/03/21 04:54 PM (11 months, 15 days ago)

Been using condiment cups  for along time, never had any problems and easiest way to tiger drop.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder