Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantomStyal) * 4
    #27573390 - 12/08/21 09:16 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Tired of buying petris? Tired of wasting and throwing away so much plastic? Tired of not knowing how sterile your petris really are? Tired of not having a sterile sleeve to put your petris in?

Check it out.

For this you're need 2X SFD, for wide mouths, you could use tyvek I'm sure NO LID! And a ring, and 60mm glass petris.

I'm sure you could reformat this for your needs, jar and petri sizes may vary.

Everything together, kinda short on glass petris, about to buy more.. GET YOUT AGAR READY AND DISSOLVED, NO CHUNKS

This is how I set up my PCto allow the PC to steam it most appropriately I figure. Put down spacers, I use lumber brackets, some use metal electrical outlets

Lay down a tivet

More spacers, in this case jar rings

Then an additional trivet. THIS SHOULD ALLOW A GAP BETWEEN THE WATER AND JARS SO THEY DONT GET SOAKED, THEY NEED TO BE LIKE THIS FOR THE SAKE OF DRYING AND COOLING THE DISHES.

And when your agar ready, put the filters in the ring and stack the petris atop. Shake the agar bottle every couple plates or so so they stayconsistent

Poured, put jars over them

Now this is a side experiment to see how much steam is penetrating the jars, 0=ring with sfd AND STANDARD 1/4" HOLE, 1 = just 1 sfd and no lid, 2= no lid, 2 sfd and a ring, just like I'm regularly doing these petris.

PC with your regular time for your regular recipe

And this is then right out of the cooker. I actually let them sit in the cooker for a day and a half to see if this would help combat the condensation, it did not and only delayed drying time. I OPEN THIS IN FRONT OF THE FLOW HOOD AND WRAP THE RINGS WITH CLING WRAP, IF YOU HAVE A STILL AIR BOX I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME AFTER SPRAYING WITH ALCOHOL INSIDE THE SAB

So usually I'll let them sit for a week or so and the condensation is nearly 100% gone. I will update more precisely with the batch and give a more exact estimation on how long that should take with these jars.

But they come out like this

Some culture work on them

As far as the water expiriment, the jar with no lid and 1 filter as well as the jar with no lid and two filters has some moisture in it to begin with but immediately cleared.
The jar that had one standard 1/4 inch hole seemed to gather a similar amount of water, but it didn't seem to exit!
The jar on the left is a standard lid, the other two jars that had no lid look like the pic on the right.
So maybe moisture can be trapped in your jar after a steam?! A thought.

The jars with much condensation now go on a wire rack to allow the air tomove throughout the jar.

Update 12/17 9 days after "drying"
I used some at this point but figured ide let them go a bit longer so they're completely clear.

12/24

I actually put these on the window seal a few days ago. Cleared up even more since the 17th in just a few days. At this point I'll either set them into a plastic bag or something, or put them on a table or window seal to stop the airflow throughout the jar. They are 👍

Plates from same batch

Inoculated a couple days ago

Edited by QM33 (12/24/21 12:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: QM33]
    #27573675 - 12/08/21 02:12 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

and maybe that water has malt extract in it which could be all over your plates. that would be my main concern with prepouring standard petris

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: TedsDead]
    #27573677 - 12/08/21 02:17 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I mean it's only steam moving around, almost like a distillation, and I doubt anything is precipitating or traveling out with the steam, maybe some terpenes or something.. but any nutritional compounds I would doubt.

InvisibleTedsDead
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27573695 - 12/08/21 02:41 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

the water in the jar has a yellowish tinge to it.  also, agar can slosh out of the plates when carrying the pc or removing the jars.  if it works for you thats great. just something that would make me opt for pouring over pre pouring

--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: TedsDead]
    #27573782 - 12/08/21 04:14 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Im pretty sure that's from rust,there were no petris in that jar.

And I wait until the pc is cooled to move it, or just do it carefully, as carefully as I would pour.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #27573876 - 12/08/21 05:37 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Very creative :congrats:

I tried the amazon plates at first but i didnt like them.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: LotKid]
    #27573934 - 12/08/21 06:32 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

These are also off Amazon. A 50 pack for like 36 bucks or something. Came with broken lids so that was kinda lame...
Wrapping these is kinda wierd because they're so high, but easy enough to get used to I guess.

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27573998 - 12/08/21 07:25 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Might want to specify that the size of your petris are not the standard 100mm size.

Offlinekanemush
Grumpy
Male User Gallery
Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27574002 - 12/08/21 07:30 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Yes are those 60mm they look pretty small or you have a huge hand :smile:

Invisiblefungusul
Fungus Kingdom

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: LotKid]
    #27574008 - 12/08/21 07:35 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Great tek! :thumbup:

What is the height for the petri dishes? Some of the petri dishes on amazon come with height of 20mm. A 25mm would be better, but I didn't see any petri dishes with that height.

I've tried something similar, but using ziplock twist 500ml/1000ml instead of jars. Instead of glass petri dishes, I've used some pp5 screw-top petri dishes with height 25mm. While ziploc are useful in keeping petri dishes sterile, I've found out stacking petri dishes inside them caused the agar surface to be slanted and sometimes agar to spill out. Moving PC around caused moving of petri dishes inside ziplocs containers.

Currently, I'm not using anymore ziplock twist 500ml/1000ml. Adding one layer of petri dishes followed by a metallic disc(similar to yours), then another layer of petri dishes seems to work for me. The petri dishes now are horizontal and no more agar spilling out.

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: kanemush]
    #27574016 - 12/08/21 07:41 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kanemush said:
Yes are those 60mm they look pretty small or you have a huge hand :smile:

Or gigantic jars...

InvisibleLemgrub
 User Gallery

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 1
    #27574079 - 12/08/21 08:57 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I'm finding out with polypropylene petris that no pours are probably a no go. Way too much condensation compared to pouring. It remains for quite a while too, making it hard to tell if bacteria is there. I found my handling of them was contamming more dishes than I thought.

--------------------
We getting that pirate bay, alien shishkebab cordycep money

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤

Re: How To No Pour Glass Petris (QuantumStyle) [Re: Lemgrub]
    #27592956 - 12/24/21 11:57 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I did update op. Took about 9-13 days to dry, sure it will depend on other factors like room humidity, temperature and airflow and whatnot. It is relatively cool and not much airflow often in my lab.

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

OfflineDefacto2
Male

Loc: Earth, USA, CO
    #27593032 - 12/24/21 01:09 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

This tek makes me want to stack some bare plates in WM jars just to have  sterile stacks that can be ready to go whenever.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale