Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27091241 -

So you voted for Trump. šŸ˜‚


--------------------
NotSheekle said
ā€œif I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to herā€

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: koods]
    #27091243 -

Him, Xul, meltdowner...


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #27092652 -

Enlil said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Perhaps you see nothing wrong with trying to trick people into believing something that's not true, but I find that despicable.



Oh my sweet summer child...

I am sorry to have to be the one to burst your bubble, but lying is a big part of the intelligence business, and wikileaks clearly is a security issue for America.  Like it or not, intelligence is a national security necessity, and it often works better than war, which you claim to dislike as well.  Maybe you think we should just trust the world to be nice to us. :shrug:




Reminds me of a George Bernard Shaw quote:

Quote:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27099928 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Fair enough.  We'll agree to disagree on whether exposing Government corruption is ok.  I prefer my Government to not be corrupt, and corruption leaks are ok in my opinion.  :shrug:



Sarah Palin was a victim of Wikileaks in 2008, who exposed her for using private email accounts to avoid Alaskan freedom of information laws.

She now seems to believe we need people who ensure our Government isn't corrupt:



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (12/20/20 08:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Enlil]
    #27100179 -

Enlil said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Enlil said:
It isn't make believe to rely on people's admissions....  You know damn well that neither koods nor I made up Guccifer's admission.



How do you know where Guccifer 2.0 got the emails?



He admitted to hacking the DNC.



Since you're putting trust in Guccifer 2.0, he denied any connection to Russia.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27101139 -

This from the article you linked Falcon.

Quote:
Trying to get friendly journalists to write sympathetic stories is a common tactic of Russia's online intelligence operations, says Lee Foster of FireEye, one of the big computer security firms which has been looking into the Guccifer 2.0 hacks.

"This is actually something that we've coined 'direct advocacy'," Foster says. "These false hactivists reach out to journalists but also other individuals, security blogs, and so on to get them to publicise the activity that they've been engaged in and sometimes even to spin particular narratives around those leaks as well."

Foster says he's highly confident that the Russian authorities are behind the Guccifer persona



Quote:
So could there be several people involved in operating the Guccifer 2.0 persona? Lee Foster from FireEye believes so.



I listened to a couple of Lee Fosters podcasts, he's no amateur https://www.fireeye.com/blog/executive-perspective/2020/09/a-look-at-modern-day-information-operations.html

This may have been posted before but I wasn't aware of it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer

Quote:
But on one occasion, The Daily Beast has learned, Guccifer failed to activate the VPN client before logging on. As a result, he left a real, Moscow-based Internet Protocol address in the server logs of an American social media company, according to a source familiar with the government’s Guccifer investigation. Twitter and WordPress were Guccifer 2.0’s favored outlets. Neither company would comment for this story, and Guccifer did not respond to a direct message on Twitter.

Working off the IP address, U.S. investigators identified Guccifer 2.0 as a particular GRU officer working out of the agency’s headquarters on Grizodubovoy Street in Moscow.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27101143 -

This does make me wonder how far Wikileaks goes in vetting their sources.
It does make me wonder if they were used as useful idiots in this instance :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27101162 -

Along with Roger Stone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27101177 -

Stable Genius said:
This does make me wonder how far Wikileaks goes in vetting their sources.
It does make me wonder if they were used as useful idiots in this instance :shrug:



Assange has a very deeply held grudge against Hillary Clinton, and he was corrupted by it.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
ā€œif I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to herā€

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27101278 -

Stable Genius said:
This from the article you linked Falcon.

Quote:
Trying to get friendly journalists to write sympathetic stories is a common tactic of Russia's online intelligence operations, says Lee Foster of FireEye, one of the big computer security firms which has been looking into the Guccifer 2.0 hacks.

"This is actually something that we've coined 'direct advocacy'," Foster says. "These false hactivists reach out to journalists but also other individuals, security blogs, and so on to get them to publicise the activity that they've been engaged in and sometimes even to spin particular narratives around those leaks as well."

Foster says he's highly confident that the Russian authorities are behind the Guccifer persona





Sure, I'm not discounting any of the theories that are out there.  I can probably come up with a few myself.  I'm just saying we don't yet know which, if any, are correct.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: koods]
    #27101280 -

koods said:
Assange has a very deeply held grudge against Hillary Clinton, and he was corrupted by it.



He has a grudge against corruption, and he's shown the DNC to be corrupt.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27101483 -

That podcast from Lee Foster had me thinking of the Skrypals.

Those 2 suspects wandering around Salisbury like tourists, arriving the day before... it just doesn't make sense??
I know you've pointed out the difference in names but the scenario sounds very similar to the disinformation Lee Foster describes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27101613 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
koods said:
Assange has a very deeply held grudge against Hillary Clinton, and he was corrupted by it.



He has a grudge against corruption, and he's shown the DNC to be corrupt.



Just like seth rich apparently


--------------------
NotSheekle said
ā€œif I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to herā€

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27101806 -

Stable Genius said:
That podcast from Lee Foster had me thinking of the Skrypals.

Those 2 suspects wandering around Salisbury like tourists, arriving the day before... it just doesn't make sense??



Why doesn't it make sense?  Russians travel the world today and are even freer than Americans (they can freely travel to Cuba if they want, which Americans still can't do without restrictions).

Stable Genius said:
I know you've pointed out the difference in names but the scenario sounds very similar to the disinformation Lee Foster describes.



Can you summarize that or tell me which part of the podcast to listen to?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #27101953 -

Why doesn't it make sense?
Firstly the story sounds like bullshit. Seriously who travels overseas to look at a church spire, it's ridiculous.
Secondly the coincidence that they arrived the day before in the exact same suburb as the poisoning is too convenient.

You'd like me to summarise it?
Ok, here's a plagiarised summary of the summary.

It starts with Lee sharing overall trends and changes in IO that his team has observed since early 2016. They then discuss the increasing usage of synthetic media (ā€œdeepfakeā€) images
that threat actors are employing in their campaigns, and how fabricated content is leveraged in coordinated inauthentic activity across forums and social media.

:hatsoff: I'm offline for the next week. I'm heading into George Christensen country for Christmas. Did you recieve your right wing newsletter from George? Crazy hey. :super:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: koods]
    #27102135 -

koods said:
Stable Genius said:
This does make me wonder how far Wikileaks goes in vetting their sources.
It does make me wonder if they were used as useful idiots in this instance :shrug:



Assange has a very deeply held grudge against Hillary Clinton, and he was corrupted by it.



I would bet my Christmas bonus you haven’t read any of the leaked DNC emails.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius]
    #27102319 -

Stable Genius said:
Why doesn't it make sense?
Firstly the story sounds like bullshit. Seriously who travels overseas to look at a church spire, it's ridiculous.



Did you know Salisbury has the tallest church spire in the United Kingdom, and is one of the world's top 25 tallest?

Did you know Jay Z (among many others) travelled to Salisbury to visit the Cathedral before this incident?

Did you know Stonehenge is also in in Salisbury?

Did you know Russians now travel the worlds like crazy since the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Stable Genius said:
Secondly the coincidence that they arrived the day before in the exact same suburb as the poisoning is too convenient.



Actually, it's the opposite.  They couldn't find any footage of them closer than 500 meters from the Skripal house.  Salisbury CCTV has many closer cameras to the house that never picked them up.

Stable Genius said:
here's a plagiarised summary of the summary.

It starts with Lee sharing overall trends and changes in IO that his team has observed since early 2016. They then discuss the increasing usage of synthetic media (ā€œdeepfakeā€) images
that threat actors are employing in their campaigns, and how fabricated content is leveraged in coordinated inauthentic activity across forums and social media.



I'm not denying any of that, but I don't see how that proves/disproves anything.  :shrug:

Stable Genius said:
:hatsoff: I'm offline for the next week. I'm heading into George Christensen country for Christmas. Did you recieve your right wing newsletter from George? Crazy hey. :super:



I unsubscribed immediately.  Have fun!!!


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #27110928 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Quote:
Did you know Salisbury has the tallest church spire in the United Kingdom, and is one of the world's top 25 tallest?



No, I didn't.... how boring though? Geeez

Quote:
Did you know Jay Z (among many others) travelled to Salisbury to visit the Cathedral before this incident?



No I didn't, is she an avid church steeple admirer too?.... how similarly boring, just saying.

Quote:
Did you know Stonehenge is also in in Salisbury?



I did and that'd be worth looking at in my opinion.

Quote:
Did you know Russians now travel the worlds like crazy since the collapse of the Soviet Union?



No, I never thought much about it but of course it makes sense and that's great for them :thumbup: I'd suggest they find a less boring travel agent.


Quote:
Actually, it's the opposite.  They couldn't find any footage of them closer than 500 meters from the Skripal house.  Salisbury CCTV has many closer cameras to the house that never picked them up.



That's pretty much the same distance that the FSB agents trailing Navalny kept when they rented motels whilst following him on over 30 trips.
I'm not saying they did the poisoning, I'm suggesting they were at least decoys and am puzzled why traces of novichok were found in their motel room.


Quote:
I'm not denying any of that, but I don't see how that proves/disproves anything.  :shrug:



I mentioned it as it refers specifically to the use of changing the agents last name around, which you referred to when you did your Facebook search. I think you did a Facebook search or something a few pages back, yes?

Quote:
I unsubscribed immediately.



Your loss as you missed out on some great right wing nutter conspiracy babble mixed in with snippets of truth that SKY News Aus would've been proud of.


Edit, just to clarify, I read from that link that J Zee visited to view the Magna Carta, it said nothing about her checking out the church spire like those other 2 admirers of architecture :flowstone:

Edited by Stable Genius (12/27/20 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #27111677 -

Enlil said:
lying is a big part of the intelligence business, and wiki leaks clearly is a security issue for America.  Like it or not, intelligence is a national security necessity, and it often works better than war



That statement makes a lot of sense, it's logical, reasonable and realistic. I think it's what most people would begrudgingly expect from a functioning government trying to deal with complex security problems.

Trying to weigh up the damage? that Assange/Wiki leaks has caused is central to the charges, is that a fair statement?
In particular, the wreckless release of the unredacted documents in 2011 that could have put valued informants lives at risk?

The latest news on Assange suggests the assumption that he acted wrecklessly and endangered lives may be incorrect.

It appears he made a genuine effort to halt the release of unredacted material by contacting the State Department himself.
It appears he did go above and beyond offering a right of reply, which is what a responsible journalist is supposed to do, and did act responsibly, something I was led to believe didn't happen.

If this is true, does it mean there is no merit to the espionage charges and they should be dropped?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Julian Assange Arrested in London [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #27111753 -

Good video.  :thumbup:

"...20 years from now, will you still be able to know the truth about what your Government is doing, when it has become a crime to inform you about what your Government is doing with your tax money to other people that have not done anything wrong..."

"How would you know about all the crimes committed in our name if there weren't the billions of leaks published by Wikileaks?"


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The subtle media mind control using words - Israeli soldiers: Arrested, Detained Or Kidnapped? MAIA 1,199 3 07/28/06 10:00 AM
by Hank, FTW
* Terrorist charged for 9/11 London plane crash plot Bi0TeK 461 0 07/22/05 05:45 PM
by Bi0TeK
* London: Man shot by armed police on Tube
( 1 2 3 all )
psilomonkey 6,077 47 08/02/05 11:32 AM
by Ego Death
* Man linked to London bombings threatens Sweden lonestar2004 736 3 07/22/05 01:34 PM
by Krishna
* Documents from Saddam Hussein's regime
( 1 2 all )
Los_Pepes 3,460 21 01/06/06 10:45 PM
by Land_Crab
* 20 Arrested in London
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Phred 5,416 103 08/14/06 09:50 PM
by Basilides
* Underground London Bombing 'exercises' echoing Norad's 9/11 hi-jacking 'drills'??? usefulidiot 1,428 16 12/12/11 01:08 PM
by Prisoner#1
* BUSH Military DOCUMENTS STAND. as factual fft2 747 3 09/12/04 12:05 PM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,664 topic views. 3 members, 15 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.