Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #4441731 - 07/23/05 06:30 AM (16 years, 4 days ago)

why would a suicide bomber be terrified? ...

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: faslimy]
    #4441815 - 07/23/05 08:08 AM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Because he wasn't a suicide bomber,he was innocent.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4441925 - 07/23/05 09:40 AM (16 years, 4 days ago)

We are the terrorists.

America and Britan.

We terrorise the globe into accepting our F*KED beliefs.

If somebody came in my country stole all my black gold / killed raped my family and told me I had to live how they wanted, you're fuckin right I'd blow em up too.

In this scenario, I think they got over-zealous with the previous attacks on their minds! Interesting how the public hasn't demanded any enquiry. Imagine it was a white man they jumped...

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4442051 - 07/23/05 11:04 AM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
If the police had thought that man had explosives strapped to him they would not have jumped on him

What is your reasoning behind this statement?

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
they didn't even check to see if he had any on him,which they quite easily could of done considering they had him pinned down

He could have had the detonater in his hand. why risk innocent lives?

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Another thing was the police weren't in uniform, so no wonder the poor man was terrified and tried running away, he probably thought he was going to get mugged.

I know if a bunch of guys pointing guns at me warned me to get down or I'd be shot I'd get down!

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Because he wasn't a suicide bomber,he was innocent.

Innocent eh? Got any hard, factual evidence of this? Links???

He might not have had a bomb on him but who's to say he wasn't involved in some way?

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4442195 - 07/23/05 12:17 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050723/325/fo0nh.html

Saturday July 23, 05:09 PM

Man shot dead by police not connected to bomb attacks

LONDON (Reuters) - Police said on Saturday the man they shot dead on Friday at a London Underground train station was not connected to bomb attacks on the British capital.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005," police said in a statement.

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Sorted]
    #4442235 - 07/23/05 12:27 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story...not_a_terrorist

Stockwell shot man not a terrorist

Saturday, 23rd July 2005, 17:08
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - The man shot dead in Stockwell tube station on Friday was NOT connected with Thursday's intended bomb attacks in London, police announced today.

The Metropolitan Police Service described the death as a "tragedy" and said it regretted its actions.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell underground station by police on Friday, although he is still subject to formal identification.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets.

"The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents of Thursday 21st July.

"He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions.

"The circumstances that led to the man's death are being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the IPCC in due course.

"Anyone who may have been in or around Stockwell tube station at approximately 10am on July 22 and may have heard or seen anything is asked to contact police on 020 8785 8632/8646 or 8639."

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Sorted]
    #4442412 - 07/23/05 01:00 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Jesus christ! What the fuck are the cops playing at? Cowboys and indians?

Offlineheidegger
Stranger

Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4442797 - 07/23/05 01:56 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

I guess this thread will now be perpetuated ad nauseam by the usual suspects trying to justify the killing of this innocent man ("Its his fault, why did he panic?!", "He wore a coat, a COAT!").

Just in advance:
Until proven otherwise, we have to assume that this man is TOTALLY innocent. That he belongs to a certain ethnicity and that he came out of a house that the police shadowed for some reason does not proof anything. It does not make him guilty, not even a bit.
The policemen were not wearing uniforms, so it might be possible that he was not fully aware of the situation. Muslims in London right now are under a lot of social pressure, so he might just have believed that someone wanted to start a fight. If you think that everyone should lay down on the floor at once when told so by someone who MIGHT be a police officer, well, than thats just one more step into degeneration and losing your upright gait.

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: heidegger]
    #4442839 - 07/23/05 02:03 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

The fact is the war is having the net effect of stripping people of freedom, terrorist or not. Of course you can justify it all day as 1 innocent or 5000 innocents, but the result is still very sad, and proof the war is causing terrorism.

--------------------
Peace
John

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #4443109 - 07/23/05 03:03 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

heidegger said:
I guess this thread will now be perpetuated ad nauseam by the usual suspects trying to justify the killing of this innocent man ("Its his fault, why did he panic?!", "He wore a coat, a COAT!").

Just in advance:
Until proven otherwise, we have to assume that this man is TOTALLY innocent. That he belongs to a certain ethnicity and that he came out of a house that the police shadowed for some reason does not proof anything. It does not make him guilty, not even a bit.
The policemen were not wearing uniforms, so it might be possible that he was not fully aware of the situation. Muslims in London right now are under a lot of social pressure, so he might just have believed that someone wanted to start a fight. If you think that everyone should lay down on the floor at once when told so by someone who MIGHT be a police officer, well, than thats just one more step into degeneration and losing your upright gait.

Silly, he was Asian. Stop trying to play the race card, its not always that simple.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #4443237 - 07/23/05 03:52 PM (16 years, 4 days ago)

OOOPS, trigger happy mofos

Quote:

Shot man not connected to bombing
Stockwell Tube station
Police cordoned off a 200-metre area around the station
A man shot dead by police hunting the bombers behind Thursday's London attacks was unconnected to the incidents, police have confirmed.

The man - who may have been Brazilian - died at Stockwell Tube in an incident Scotland Yard described as a "tragedy".

Two other men have been arrested and are being questioned after bombers targeted three Tube trains and a bus.

A suspect package found on Saturday in north-west London may be linked to Thursday's attacks, police believe.

The package was found by a member of the public in bushes in Little Wormwood Scrubs on Saturday morning.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Explosives officers attended the scene. An initial examination suggests that the object may be linked to devices found at four locations in London on July 21."

Police said it would be subject to "detailed forensic analysis".

Police have also raided a house in Streatham Hill, south London, in connection with the failed attacks.

'Horrendous consequences'

Meanwhile, on Saturday evening BBC sources suggested that the man shot by police on Friday may have been Brazilian.

A Scotland Yard statement read: "We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police on Friday 22nd July 2005, although he is still subject to formal identification.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."

Failed bombing suspects

Good response to CCTV plea
'They unloaded five bullets'

The statement confirmed the man had been followed by police from a house in Tulse Hill that was under surveillance.

His death is being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

John O'Connor, former commander of the Met Police, told the BBC the consequences of the shooting were likely to be "quite horrendous".

He said he expected officers to face criminal charges, and other officers could even refuse to carry weapons.

But Shami Chakrabarti, director of human rights group Liberty, said it was too early to judge what the effects would be.

She called for a "prompt, comprehensive and independent investigation".

Arrests

Police announced on Saturday evening they have raided another property in south London.

Residents of the street in Streatham Hill, near Brixton, told how armed police ordered them to stay in their homes while they cordoned off the area.

There do not appear to have been any arrests.

Police collect evidence after Stockwell arrest
Police arrested one man after a raid on a block of flats in Stockwell

Two men are still being held at Paddington Green police station, central London, in connection with Thursday's attacks.

The first man was arrested at around 1630 BST on Friday during a raid on a block of flats near to Oval and Stockwell Tube stations.

Eyewitnesses said he was led away with a woman and child.

The second man was arrested late on Friday night, also in the Stockwell area.

Both are being held under anti-terrorism legislation which gives police 14 days before they have to bring charges.

CCTV images

Scotland Yard said they had been contacted by over 500 members of the public following the release of CCTV footage of four suspects.

Detectives said they were hopeful of useful lines of inquiry coming from the calls and e-mails.

Three devices found after the failed bombings were the same size and weight as those used in the suicide attacks of 7 July, which killed scores.

The fourth was smaller, apparently contained in a plastic box. The same chemicals appear to have been used.

They targeted Oval, Warren Street and Shepherd's Bush stations and a bus in Hackney.

The Hammersmith and City line train was removed from Shepherd's Bush station on Saturday afternoon.

Transport for London said it hoped to have trains running on the line from Paddington to Hammersmith on Saturday evening.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Invisiblebukkake
LEFT WING NUT
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4443548 - 07/23/05 05:21 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

I think he's a damn fool for running from the police, in a UK subway system no less, at a time like this. But I don't see the logic or justification in shooting him in the head repeatedly when you've already subdued him.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: bukkake]
    #4444098 - 07/23/05 08:24 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man appeared to be wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

Notice that the man had nothing, but that people make stuff up in the heat of the moment to justify their fear and actions.

We are headed for total lockdown, with more and more rights stripped.

I remember Bush speaking shortly after 9/11 saying something like "We will not let the terrorists affect us and our way of life." Of course, nearly every aspect of our lives has been radically affected exactly the way the bombers had hoped.

Talk about playing into the hand of your enemy...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineBCBudJohn
Foolhardy

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Swami]
    #4444669 - 07/23/05 10:49 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

When will the public realize this?

--------------------
Peace
John

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: BCBudJohn]
    #4446294 - 07/24/05 11:02 AM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Latest reports suggest he got a bus from the house to the station. So a bus gets blown up on 7/7, an attempt to blow up a bus on 21/7.. and then the day after that they let a suspected bomber wearing suspsicous clothing get on a bus? The whole operation seems like a catalogue of fuck ups from start to finish.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Swami]
    #4446776 - 07/24/05 02:50 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man appeared to be wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

Notice that the man had nothing, but that people make stuff up in the heat of the moment to justify their fear and actions.

I remember Bush speaking shortly after 9/11 saying something like "We will not let the terrorists affect us and our way of life." Of course, nearly every aspect of our lives has been radically affected exactly the way the bombers had hoped.

For once I completely agree with you, Swami...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: d33p]
    #4446785 - 07/24/05 02:54 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Silly, he was Asian. Stop trying to play the race card, its not always that simple.

He was Brazilian.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4446811 - 07/24/05 03:03 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Now the dead man's family will attempt to blow up a police station in retaliation and the shooting will have been justified because "He came from a a nest of terrorists."

This is how violence gets perpetuated by grieving family members of INNOCENT dead civilians like in Iraq.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (07/24/05 04:22 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: London: Man shot by armed police on Tube [Re: Adamist]
    #4446967 - 07/24/05 04:03 PM (16 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Quote:

Swami said:

For once I completely agree with you, Swami...

I have been hearing he was an electrician on his way to work. I wouldn't be surprised if he did have some sort of belt with wires and crap sticking out. If I'm wrong just correct me.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#4446981 - 07/24/05 04:07 PM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

IsaacHunt said:

He was Brazilian.

The first article says he is Asian. One thing that has particularly pissed me off about this event is that every new piece of news about it seems to contradict what was said previously. Its like reporters don't even care anymore if they say something wrong as long as they get the news out faster than anyone else. The MSM needs to get their shit together.

--------------------

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion