Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5950919 - 08/10/06 05:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Yeah, I admit that you and Zappa pretty much fuse together in my mind.

Less lately, since me and Zappa have been talking baseball...

But I more or less consider you the same poster.

I know you arent, but your views more or less mirror each other, and your pretty much the only Conservatives on here who can argue a coherent point.

Now there's a testimonial I'll be happy to put on my gravestone.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDavid_vs_Goliath
Informer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5951127 - 08/10/06 06:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but I was watching MSNBC today and they were interviewing an "expert" and the question that came up was regarding mosques as breading grounds for terrorists. it was pretty rediculous. They talked about bugging mosques and other stuff, they were basically stereotyping the whole religion.

--------------------
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
"Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love."
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: David_vs_Goliath]
    #5952049 - 08/10/06 11:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

99% of the people who plan to engage or who are engaging in terrorist acts against civilians nowadays are Muslim extremists. I see no problem with focusing on them or infiltrating the "Muslim world" in order to root these nutjobs out.

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5952599 - 08/11/06 01:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Are bombs falling from planes not terrifying?

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5952951 - 08/11/06 04:38 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
99% of the people who plan to engage or who are engaging in terrorist acts against civilians nowadays are Muslim extremists. I see no problem with focusing on them or infiltrating the "Muslim world" in order to root these nutjobs out.

Maybe so, but in order to really find out what's going on, we need to win the trust of Muslims, so they're willing to help us find the terrorists in their communities.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5953088 - 08/11/06 07:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You believe there is a 0% possibility that the government faked this and found some poor bastards to plant evidence on?

You conspiracy theorists have missed your calling. Ever consider stand up comedy? You'd be an instant hit.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (08/11/06 07:33 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Diploid]
    #5953114 - 08/11/06 08:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

> You believe there is a 0% possibility that the government faked this and found some poor bastards to plant evidence on?

Wow... and they found a look-a-like and sound-a-like to record the "martyr tapes" that have been discovered that were meant to be broadcast after the sploidy-types sploided themselves.

Oh wait, I know!!! It was Israel... they wanted to take attention away from their battle with terrorists so they staged this... yeah, thats it...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Seuss]
    #5953290 - 08/11/06 10:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Rove did it.

--------------------

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Silversoul]
    #5953368 - 08/11/06 11:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Maybe so, but in order to really find out what's going on, we need to win the trust of Muslims, so they're willing to help us find the terrorists in their communities.

Do you seriously think thats how it'll work? That someone in the "inner circle" of terrorist planning will be so happy that we are all buddy-buddy with him that he'll sell out to us? Most likely not. Best method? Finding one terrorist and giving him a 'vigorous interrogation', act on that information and deal with the rest of them.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Diploid]
    #5953390 - 08/11/06 12:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
You believe there is a 0% possibility that the government faked this and found some poor bastards to plant evidence on?

You conspiracy theorists have missed your calling. Ever consider stand up comedy? You'd be an instant hit.  :rolleyes:

Look, I think this is the real deal, but you can't say there is a 0% chance of it being not what it appears. You sheep missed your calling, ever considered being made into my meal? I bet you would be tender and juicy.  :smirk:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5953468 - 08/11/06 12:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
Do you seriously think thats how it'll work?

That's how the people within the army say it has been working. In Afghanistan, they've relied heavily on information obtained from the locals in order to find terrorists. In order to do that, they've had to win their trust.

--------------------

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #5953656 - 08/11/06 02:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
Do you seriously think thats how it'll work?

According to the Evening Standard newspaper I read today, the investigation was started in December after a tip-off from 'a member of the Muslim community'.

So, yes I do.

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

#5953704 - 08/11/06 02:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
That's how the people within the army say it has been working. In Afghanistan, they've relied heavily on information obtained from the locals in order to find terrorists. In order to do that, they've had to win their trust.

I'd say that most Muslims already picked a side on this one. The locals that are helping probably despise the Taliban, so they work with the military. Not many Taliban/Al-Qeada types are going to have some hearts and minds bullshit work to "convert" them and make them flip. Any sources that show what you are claiming actually happening?

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Phred]
    #5955758 - 08/12/06 07:27 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Well, I dunno if the UK authorities have started guarding London mosques against Islamophobic backlash yet, but the British Parliament has wasted no time springing into action:

From http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2306

Quote:

UK Panel Asks: Why Do They Hate Airplanes?

by Scott Ott

The expert panel will examine various theories about why airplanes engender such hatred among devoted followers of a peaceful religion.

“Is it the horrendous noise? The speed? The condensation trails?” said one unnamed source close to the panel, listing some of the areas of inquiry the experts plan to pursue. “Because if it’s any of those things, we can get to work on engineering changes to make airplanes more tolerable to our Muslim brothers.”

Phred

jesus christ :rolleyes:

fucking noise my arse and pullution?:lol:
nearly every leb i know has a hotted up little shitbox with oversized mufflers and a doof box designed perfectly for disturbing the peace,another conspired plan to disrupt a peaceful country imo

i can answer the question tho..
theyre sitting in a dust bowl scratching for food and when a ufo flys obove them,they look up at freedom and become overwhelmed with self loathing and resentment at the thought of greener pastures that must exist beyond their self mafe hellholes

Edited by quiver (08/12/06 07:43 AM)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: quiver]
    #5956195 - 08/12/06 01:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm willing to wager that there will be no backlash against British Muslims for the simple reason that it was British Muslims who ultimately stopped this attack.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: 20 Arrested in London [Re: Basilides]
    #5957088 - 08/12/06 07:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
I'm willing to wager that there will be no backlash against British Muslims for the simple reason that it was British Muslims who ultimately stopped this attack.

What the fuck are you talking about?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #5957290 - 08/12/06 08:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm willing to wager that there will be no backlash against British Muslims for the simple reason that ...

That's a totally safe bet for the simple reason that's there's NEVER a backlash against Muslims, British or other.

One of the very first things that happens whenever a Jihadi atrocity hits the news is a warning to guard against a "backlash". It's getting so predictable that whenever I hear warnings about "backlash" I automatically think, "Oh, fuck. What have they gone and blown up THIS time?" Strangely, the predicted backlash never occurs.

It takes almost nothing to get the Islamo-nuts out into the streets, seething and ululating -- a Piglet cup on some secretary's desk, some lame cartoons in a Danish newspaper, a Burger King graphic on an ice cream cone...

But the revelation of yet another mass murder plot by Islamic murderers? Ho hum. Not even worth the effort of sauntering down to the mosque and spray painting a few obscenities on it. Why bother? "That's just what they do, old chap. Another 'dog bites man' story. No biggie."

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5958071 - 08/13/06 02:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

I'm willing to wager that there will be no backlash against British Muslims for the simple reason that ...

That's a totally safe bet for the simple reason that's there's NEVER a backlash against Muslims, British or other.

One of the very first things that happens whenever a Jihadi atrocity hits the news is a warning to guard against a "backlash". It's getting so predictable that whenever I hear warnings about "backlash" I automatically think, "Oh, fuck. What have they gone and blown up THIS time?" Strangely, the predicted backlash never occurs.

It takes almost nothing to get the Islamo-nuts out into the streets, seething and ululating -- a Piglet cup on some secretary's desk, some lame cartoons in a Danish newspaper, a Burger King graphic on an ice cream cone... 

But the revelation of yet another mass murder plot by Islamic murderers? Ho hum. Not even worth the effort of sauntering down to the mosque and spray painting a few obscenities on it. Why bother? "That's just what they do, old chap. Another 'dog bites man' story. No biggie."

Phred

I agree, I always hear about this fabled backlash but it never happens. Maybe there should be a backlash and Muslims might realize there are consequences to this shit. Also, the moderate, reasonable Muslims will distance themselves from the fanatics, even helping us capture them.

Then again, we have invaded countries for such acts, so I don't know if anything will deter these fanatics.

If I had 72 virgins coming to me in the afterlife, I may do the same.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5958104 - 08/13/06 02:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The backlashes are quite real. There were backlashes after 9-11 (including attacks on Sikhs), after Madrid, the London bombings and Theo van Gogh's murder. Just about every Al Qaeda attack on Western soil has produced some kind of backlash against the local Muslim population. Islamic terrorism in India will almost certainly produce backlashing that borderlines rioting. When 7 Nepalese contractors were killed in Iraq in 2004, one of Kathmandu's prominent mosques was burned to the ground by an angry mob. Granted, most of the time it's rarely serious. Most of it only consists of vandalism, and a portion of it seems to be misdirected towards completely different religious/ethnic groups who are mistaken as Muslim.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#5958198 - 08/13/06 02:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
The backlashes are quite real. There were backlashes after 9-11 (including attacks on Sikhs), after Madrid, the London bombings and Theo van Gogh's murder. Just about every Al Qaeda attack on Western soil has produced some kind of backlash against the local Muslim population.

and so they should get backlashed,its funny how all the islamic leaders say their people arent violent but on the flip of the coin they "know our islamic youth (who leech from our countries)will retaliate and riot if we don't get our way"

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: CBD Topicals

General Interest >> Political Discussion