Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GrinchGrower]
    #27047918 -

Pouring hot agar over the myc, myc grows up through

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27047922 -

Cool, I will look into it. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27047934 -

D3monic said:
Pouring hot agar over the myc, myc grows up through



Interesting  :takingnotes:

I have only recently heard of this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SawCeeJack]
    #27047948 -

AtmozFear said:
D3monic said:
Pouring hot agar over the myc, myc grows up through



Interesting  :takingnotes:

I have only recently heard of this.



I found some decade old RR notes on it in this thread... not sure if there is an updated TEK or if it's just as simple as it sounds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #27048039 -

A.k.a said:
Ufo revert clone plate pin ripping through the agar at just short of two days.




what does "revert" mean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nmd_myco]
    #27048073 -

A revert is when a variety that is a mutation that has been stabilized, like Penis Envy or an albino, and the fruits go back to the "normal" cube traits like non-albino or normal shape or spore dropping.


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #27048099 -



Poor Semperviva getting overtaken by mold. She's putting up a good fight though, a plate of Tampanensis with the same mold was immediately overtaken. Meanwhile, Semp is losing the battle but been fighting for around 3 weeks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ambrose]
    #27048181 -

A couple ape plate pins looking nice. Probably going to transfer tomorrow.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #27048351 -

roarkell said:
I have 8 of the 500ml media bottles... usually do 5 or 6 at a time with 400ml in each... get anywhere from 100 to 130 plates depending on how thick/thin i pour... I burn thru those in a week to 10 days usually.



Dude, I am in awe!


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Brian Jones] * 2
    #27048362 -

I would kill for a compilation thread of nothing but pictures of healthy mycelium of different species and mycelial structures on agar. Just a few hundred pictures of healthy, good looking plates so noobs like me can make the judgment call for themselves by comparing and contrasting.

Like this thread is great and I've learned a lot, but there are so many pictures and questions and unanswered posts that sometimes it makes it difficult to do the comparison on my end. Idk maybe I'm just retarded which I'm willing to accept


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27048367 -

I have a porn gallery in my journal https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27030733

But they all are just my pics and cubensis...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27048414 -

D3monic said:
I have a porn gallery in my journal https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27030733

But they all are just my pics and cubensis...



That's what I was looking at when I was thinking "man, I wish he was interested in pleurotus or panaleous too". Not to fault you in any way or shape. I think what you do with agar and your pictures is great and I always love seeing your beautiful plates, but you knew this.

I just thought it would be interesting or beneficial for an idiot like me just to look at some plates from people that know what they're doing.


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nmd_myco]
    #27048417 -

nmd_myco said:
A.k.a said:
Ufo revert clone plate pin ripping through the agar at just short of two days.




what does "revert" mean?




Yeah like he said it’s when some unique looking variety goes back to normal. In my case it’s ufo which is super short wide mushrooms but a normal one popped up.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27048420 -

You could always round up a bunch of pictures of different species on plates and make a thread about them.

Cubes are really just rhizo or tomentose but pans have some variety.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #27048444 -

I’ve been thinking about branching out into pans but I need to get my ... well everything after agar better first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #27048599 -

MuthaFudpucker said:
A revert is when a variety that is a mutation that has been stabilized, like Penis Envy or an albino, and the fruits go back to the "normal" cube traits like non-albino or normal shape or spore dropping.



thanks. that's what i was thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nmd_myco]
    #27048852 -

It'd be hard to compile healthy myc in all forms tho. I had a run of plates that were nute deficient leading to translucent,  barley alive looking myc. I thought all my varieties were bacterial but on grains they all took off. My Thai clone has done 3 rounds of G2G so far.

So I guess what I'm saying is myc will look different on different agar and depending on whether it's T1 or T12, MS or isolate, temperature variances etc.

If you keep your recipie consistent, and always aim for uniformity you'll develop an eye for how they grow for you.


--------------------
Here Lies This Individual




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27048894 -

Brian Jones said:
roarkell said:
I have 8 of the 500ml media bottles... usually do 5 or 6 at a time with 400ml in each... get anywhere from 100 to 130 plates depending on how thick/thin i pour... I burn thru those in a week to 10 days usually.



Dude, I am in awe!



I go through just about the same. I feel like I do more pouring than anything else.

D3monic said:
I’ve been thinking about branching out into pans but I need to get my ... well everything after agar better first.



We can branch out into Pans together D3. I have Pan cints, azures, and cyans on the way shortly and I'll be putting up a post about it.

EDIT: Also some choice pics.

Edited by mushhead (11/20/20 09:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushhead]
    #27049861 -



Is this okay or is it fucked? All the black spots are spores that got knocked loose off the print after stabbing a few other plates. So there was quite a bit more than I normally use, but when I say "normally" I mean like 10 times.

I also don't know why I can see the leading rhizo edges at 7 o'clock in the pictures but in the box I just looked this plate for 5 solid minutes and couldn't see anything, hence why I posted. Do you eventually get better at this or should I just stop wasting everyone's time?


--------------------
Mehhh



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Wall.E]
    #27049876 -

Looks fine, transfer from a leading edge


--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 74 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 79 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,393 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,705 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,727 topic views. 13 members, 351 guests and 233 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.